About first hit loot priority in MVPing - Page 3 - Game Discussions (archived) - WarpPortal Community Forums

Jump to content


Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

About first hit loot priority in MVPing


  • Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#51 yyuuhhjjnnmm

yyuuhhjjnnmm

    I made it Off Topic

  • Lockdown
  • 50 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 24 November 2011 - 07:21 PM

I really don't see how this could be unclear... This is just one of those self explanatory threads like why are suras hard to kill... because ur not high enough level...

Sure, you might've spent 2 hours hitting the GTB 500 damage everytime and someone comes and gfist and they get it. They blew money. They did the most damage. They should get the drops. If you don't like it go and do more damage and stop camping South Pront. Only place where someone would complain about this is if you're one of those people who go to South Pront and hit the MvP just so you might get the drops. Do more damage and get the MvP simple as that. If you don't like it quit... :P

Edited by yyuuhhjjnnmm, 24 November 2011 - 07:22 PM.

  • -6

#52 Kaillera

Kaillera

    Amateur Blogger

  • Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 07:22 PM

I think MVP: Most Valuable Player, should be changed to Most Valuable Party. Increase the MVPs health and slightly weaken their OP OHKO attacks.

The system is similar, but rewards an entire party instead.


This way even Non-killers can get something for supporting :3

Edited by Kaillera, 24 November 2011 - 07:24 PM.

  • 1

#53 Xellie

Xellie

    Valkyrie

  • RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 24 November 2011 - 07:44 PM

What's silly is that I've been fighting Amon Ra on my genetic lately, and there's always been a sura there each time. I get 2 acid bombs in, each doing near 100k damage, and he Gfists and gets MVP every time.

I'm 100% positive that my acid bombs hit before gfist and yet I never get MVP. what's up with that?


Damage that is greater than the MVPs remaining health is counted. System flaw imo.


If you could pull up ANYTHING that clearly DEFINES ANY CLASS as a MVPing class, then you'd have a valid point. Otherwise this statement is pure rubbish.
Your so-called MVPing class is no more than an idea that players themselves planted over time. While some classes are better at MVPing than others, that does NOT mean they're simply to dominate MVPing leaving others no chance.


how about a DPS class. Or a high damage class?
  • 0

#54 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

    Too Legit To Quit

  • RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 24 November 2011 - 07:48 PM

Don't even get me started on convex mirrors...may as well not even bother MVPing naturally unless you plan on using them,or are camping an MVP with a set spawn.

also Jackyan, some classes are just undoubtedly superior than others when it comes to MVPing, given their tools, options and statistics. That is what defines an MVPing class.

Take Sura for example. They have the ability to: tank, DPS, Seek (mobility), clear mobs.
Genetic: DPS, Seek, Clear Mobs
Mechanic: DPS
RK: DPS, Seek, Clear mobs
Ranger: Seek, Clear mobs
Archbishop: ...

which out of these seems to be the one with more tools when it comes to MVPing?

The ranger and the Mechanic, while having some legitimate MVPing tools, simply cannot compete with the kind of utility offered by the Sura, who can snap around the map to search for an MVP, tank it, kill it, clear it's mobs and all of that within a short amount of time using minimal resources.

Edited by Luckywhiterabbit, 24 November 2011 - 07:50 PM.

  • 3

#55 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

    They pay me to post.

  • Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 24 November 2011 - 09:14 PM

Just saying that there needs to be a solution to one-shot tacticcs against MvPs. They really need to put damage limit on MvPs so they don't take 1-2 Gfists to kill or they don't lose like 20-25% of their HP from a single attack.
  • 4

#56 Baphi

Baphi

    I made it Off Topic

  • Members
  • 74 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 24 November 2011 - 09:19 PM

Just saying that there needs to be a solution to one-shot tacticcs against MvPs. They really need to put damage limit on MvPs so they don't take 1-2 Gfists to kill or they don't lose like 20-25% of their HP from a single attack.


This actually would also solve the overflow damage thing to some extent, as well as help MVPs be easier with parties and a minor level of coordination, while not making it compulsory.

I don't actually MVP or know anything about the kind of competition douchebaggery that goes on, I just thought this seems like a neat idea that levels the playing field a little. But then again it would kinda suck for the people who made Gens/Suras purely for MVPing I guess. V:

Edited by Baphi, 24 November 2011 - 09:21 PM.

  • 0

#57 Randalf

Randalf

    Amateur Blogger

  • Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 10:09 PM

Lower the initial hit bonus (though keep it intact to mix things up on the competitive scene)
Remove overflow damage
Deliver all drops directly to player inventory
Distribute loot based on % of damage done of the MVPs total health. (ie 50% damage done = 50% chance for getting the drops, 25% damage done = 25% chance)
Each drop gets rolled off separately.
Each drop is randomly distributed to a member of the winner's party.
Buff MVPs to not be soloable.

Pros:
- Encourages partying, reduces chances of the main killer running off with loot
- Eliminates Ninja looting
- Weaker players who find the MVP first still have a chance at drops
- Stronger players who "spent more" still have a higher probability of getting drops

Cons:
- No longer guaranteed drops from an MVP you did most of the work on.
- Doesn't remedy the large discrepancy in the abilities of classes to MVP (though remember there always will be a best and a worst).
-Dulls the competitive fun.
- It's my idea so I can't come up with any more cons.

Edited by Randalf, 24 November 2011 - 10:10 PM.

  • -1

#58 Loki1669

Loki1669

    Amateur Blogger

  • Members
  • 259 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 November 2011 - 12:52 AM

The only problem I have with that is that as a party you don't see what your killer gets and that the loot may infact disappear if they have too many items on them.

highly likely in ET.


The MVP's in ET (and instances) can be the exception, and drop their loots normally, since there's no "competition" in ET runs. Natural spawn MVP drops can all go into inventory as MVP rewards.

Of course, this is only if they ever fix overflow damage.
  • 1

#59 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

    They pay me to post.

  • Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 25 November 2011 - 01:19 AM

Lower the initial hit bonus (though keep it intact to mix things up on the competitive scene)
Remove overflow damage
Deliver all drops directly to player inventory
Distribute loot based on % of damage done of the MVPs total health. (ie 50% damage done = 50% chance for getting the drops, 25% damage done = 25% chance)
Each drop gets rolled off separately.
Each drop is randomly distributed to a member of the winner's party.
Buff MVPs to not be soloable.

Pros:
- Encourages partying, reduces chances of the main killer running off with loot
- Eliminates Ninja looting
- Weaker players who find the MVP first still have a chance at drops
- Stronger players who "spent more" still have a higher probability of getting drops

Cons:
- No longer guaranteed drops from an MVP you did most of the work on.
- Doesn't remedy the large discrepancy in the abilities of classes to MVP (though remember there always will be a best and a worst).
-Dulls the competitive fun.
- It's my idea so I can't come up with any more cons.


Add to Cons: if a party member gets an MvP card, you'll never know about it and they can lie whether they got 1 or not.
  • 1

#60 Zinja

Zinja

    Too Legit To Quit

  • Members
  • 2348 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 25 November 2011 - 01:23 AM

Add to Cons: if a party member gets an MvP card, you'll never know about it and they can lie whether they got 1 or not.


Which is why there should be a global/serverwide announcement for it. we already have it for god item creations.

[Insert name here] of party [ Insert name here] has obtained a MVP card.
  • 2

#61 Okii

Okii

    Too Legit To Quit

  • Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 25 November 2011 - 08:43 AM

Which is why there should be a global/serverwide announcement for it. we already have it for god item creations.

[Insert name here] of party [ Insert name here] has obtained a MVP card.


I agree with this because MVP cards are a big deal, much like God items.
They aren't treated as highly as they should be among other items.
  • 1

#62 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

    They pay me to post.

  • Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 25 November 2011 - 08:49 AM

I agree with this because MVP cards are a big deal, much like God items.
They aren't treated as highly as they should be among other items.


Oh I had to learn it the hard way during Yggdrasil WoE that 1 of our rival guilds has an Ifrit accessory.

Yeah MVP cards are a big deal especially if they got those beyond godly ones like Kiel or Tao Gunka.
  • 3

#63 Andini

Andini

    Too Legit To Quit

  • Members
  • 2695 posts
  • LocationNorcal
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 25 November 2011 - 08:58 AM

lol
  • -1

#64 radiogaga

radiogaga

    I made it Off Topic

  • Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 09:05 AM

<_< we had to give up on gloom because of this dumb system

stacking your charas to mvp is useless when you're competing against people with infinite mirrors. mvping shouldn't be about who has the most mirrors. never even bothered with amon ra with all the people who camp there

having first hit should give a slight advantage, but it shouldn't virtually determine who gets drops. it's just dum dum and it's extremely discouraging, especially when you constantly out-mvp your competition and you never get rewarded

you may get lucky and compete against friendly people who will give your drops back but yeah that has never happened to me ever. and if a card drops, you won't get that back. seriously, would YOU give it back? should rather have a system that doesn't encourage being a douche


This.

And sometimes when I'm comping someone on a MVP and they get first hit, I'll just log out and not bother wasting anymore supplies. Because it's pointless to continue killing the MVP when you know that the loots are already guaranteed to them.

Edited by radiogaga, 25 November 2011 - 09:07 AM.

  • 4

#65 Xellie

Xellie

    Valkyrie

  • RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 25 November 2011 - 09:58 AM

This actually would also solve the overflow damage thing to some extent, as well as help MVPs be easier with parties and a minor level of coordination, while not making it compulsory.

I don't actually MVP or know anything about the kind of competition douchebaggery that goes on, I just thought this seems like a neat idea that levels the playing field a little. But then again it would kinda suck for the people who made Gens/Suras purely for MVPing I guess. V:


The level of douchebaggery at MVPs is quite high. The lowest level of it is what was demonstrated early in this thread.
From there on there will be things such as mobbing the competition, icewalling them off and preventing fisting (though this doesn't apply to most mvps now), winging the MVP, healing the MVP and forcing it to double spawn it's mob.

I swear I replied to this earlier but I guess it just errored out instead of posting. o.O

Edited by Xellie, 25 November 2011 - 10:07 AM.

  • 6

#66 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

    Too Legit To Quit

  • RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 25 November 2011 - 10:40 AM

The most annoying thing is when you do kill the monster and no sooner has your MVP badge faded, the next in line walks up and grabs your loots before you have a chance to get in closer.

MVP summoner/endless tower all the way 9_9
  • 4

#67 Chigikogou

Chigikogou

    Too Legit To Quit

  • Members
  • 1778 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 November 2011 - 02:44 PM

Which is why there should be a global/serverwide announcement for it. we already have it for god item creations.

[Insert name here] of party [ Insert name here] has obtained a MVP card.


in pRO (Philippine Ragnarok Online) when you get an MvP card or receive a Class "S" Item on a lucky box, an announcement like this is broadcasted:

Citizens of Midgard, Lady Luck shines upon [Player Name]!! [MvP Name/Lucky Box] has awarded the player with '[Mvp Card/Class "S" Item]' !!
  • 1

#68 igozuvi

igozuvi

    Awarded #1 Troll

  • RO Fungineering
  • 657 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Gurlz
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 25 November 2011 - 02:47 PM

Add to Cons: if a party member gets an MvP card, you'll never know about it and they can lie whether they got 1 or not.

Which is why there should be a global/serverwide announcement for it. we already have it for god item creations.
[Insert name here] of party [ Insert name here] has obtained a MVP card.

i don't agree with that idea, people should have a right to privacy about their items should they so want it

besides, isn't there still an item filter in the chat box? you were always able to see what your party members pick up with that filter turned on. did they remove that, or did you guys just forget about it
  • 0

#69 Okii

Okii

    Too Legit To Quit

  • Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 25 November 2011 - 03:06 PM

i don't agree with that idea, people should have a right to privacy about their items should they so want it

besides, isn't there still an item filter in the chat box? you were always able to see what your party members pick up with that filter turned on. did they remove that, or did you guys just forget about it


It's a global announcement.
Like the WoE announcements.
I am fairly certain you cannot turn those off.

But I think it's a great idea. Some people want it for privacy, but I mostly see it as "Oh I can sneak away with this MVP card without my party mates knowing."
If the card were to immediately go into inventories, I would hope there'd be an announcement about it.
  • 0

#70 igozuvi

igozuvi

    Awarded #1 Troll

  • RO Fungineering
  • 657 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Gurlz
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 25 November 2011 - 04:03 PM

It's a global announcement.
Like the WoE announcements.
I am fairly certain you cannot turn those off.

But I think it's a great idea. Some people want it for privacy, but I mostly see it as "Oh I can sneak away with this MVP card without my party mates knowing."
If the card were to immediately go into inventories, I would hope there'd be an announcement about it.

i'm not talking about global announcement filters. i'm talking about the item filters. they display everything you pick up, including stuff your party picks up. this feature's been in RO for years. people can't walk away with mvp cards unless you don't bother looking at the chat box
  • 0

#71 radiogaga

radiogaga

    I made it Off Topic

  • Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 08:35 PM

The level of douchebaggery at MVPs is quite high. The lowest level of it is what was demonstrated early in this thread.
From there on there will be things such as mobbing the competition, icewalling them off and preventing fisting (though this doesn't apply to most mvps now), winging the MVP, healing the MVP and forcing it to double spawn it's mob.

I swear I replied to this earlier but I guess it just errored out instead of posting. o.O


Heh, I also saw someone revit a stray bee once. What a-_- to kill...took up at least 3x the normal amount of supplies.
  • 0

#72 Xellie

Xellie

    Valkyrie

  • RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 25 November 2011 - 08:37 PM

lmao!

that is ridiculously evil and I'm suprised it works on monsters ahaha

Did they ever fix Harmonize btw?

also, eske.

Edited by Xellie, 25 November 2011 - 08:38 PM.

  • 0

#73 Okii

Okii

    Too Legit To Quit

  • Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 25 November 2011 - 08:45 PM

i'm not talking about global announcement filters. i'm talking about the item filters. they display everything you pick up, including stuff your party picks up. this feature's been in RO for years. people can't walk away with mvp cards unless you don't bother looking at the chat box


Oh I see what you're talking about now.
So what you're saying is that a global announcement is unnecessary.

My b <_<
  • 0

#74 radiogaga

radiogaga

    I made it Off Topic

  • Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 08:50 PM

lmao!

that is ridiculously evil and I'm suprised it works on monsters ahaha

Did they ever fix Harmonize btw?

also, eske.


Dunno about harmonize, but I swear I saw a eske'd Thanatos running around South Pront during the BB event. It did like 12k per hit.
  • 0

#75 Xellie

Xellie

    Valkyrie

  • RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 25 November 2011 - 08:59 PM

Dunno about harmonize, but I swear I saw a eske'd Thanatos running around South Pront during the BB event. It did like 12k per hit.


Pre-re I legitimately used to eske mvps to kill them faster with sonic blow. (amon ra especially) but people cried abuse which was sad... but who cares I was tanking it!

That said, I did witness a guildleader eskeing a BBed Valk randgris whilst his guild tried to comp another guild, much to the disgust of his own guild.

And it was epically funny.

By no means am I condoning this behaviour btw guys! I'm just trying to outline the other problems people have to go through on competed MVPs, just to lose the loot to first hitters.
  • 1




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users