Aco ~ AB Heal Skill, Always a fail! - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 5 votes

Aco ~ AB Heal Skill, Always a fail!

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#26 Minchi

Minchi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 582 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:CHAOS BRUH!!!

Posted 02 December 2011 - 06:46 AM

Lol next issue would be sorcs and sping(especially with no strings) patience is a life lesson :glomp:

#27 Ardi

Ardi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 364 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 02 December 2011 - 07:13 AM

Hmm, I agree with you, but this rant was generalized on all AB's and not just on my own experience. it's a post collaberated from many AB i have spoken too and condenced into a thread where other AB can give input. It's not so much how I suck as an AB, Honestly I am a good AB and many many people would back me up on said statement, but no matter how good I am these randomly fail obstacles deter my heals and deaths happen, and I'd like to say people don't get mad.. but they do.

Edit// And if the people in your hands don't get mad when they die, then you are a very lucky person. It's so common its pratically expected when someone dies to get flamed. (At least on valk server..)

Edit2// Seeing as you play Ymir things might be different. People there might just.. be conciderate. :glomp:

You should try pre-renewal 90-99/5x-70 trans exp in bio3... that used to be what taught the priest class to know how to deal with healing around corners/stairs/obstacles and rude party members dying. Honestly I RARELY hear people complain about me ABing (even if Im tabbed main-ing strings and being the only ab) but when there is one person in party that sits there and constantly is on your ass about it you can do two things and be happy... just start LETTING them die or leave the party. Mostly I prefer the first option because if they think I am soo bad at my class it shows them what a REALLY bad healer could be like.

#28 MeisterKirisaki

MeisterKirisaki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts
  • LocationiRO Loki

Posted 02 December 2011 - 07:46 AM

I haven't encountered complaining people while playing my ABs, yet. If they demand a buff (rarely), I just buff them for that's my responsibility. If they die, it's their fault for running around naked and taking 500+ damage with each hit/losing half their HP from one spell while others take 200 or less.
When I play my mobbers, I gear properly and carry supplies, giving ABs little room to complain about me.

People complain since it's much easier to blame someone else but yourself.

#29 Raei

Raei

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Classic, Chaos

Posted 02 December 2011 - 10:24 AM

Lawl... This thread... Turned more into counter flaming of stupid people....
Heres my two cents on this:

Since I main AB when I am in parties on my non AB characters I have noticed AB fear the party nowadays. My non AB are all low level and it seems the flamers are scaring the newly job changed AB into having such little confidence they cannot begin to learn to succeed. As SOON as someone says something remotely unsupportive to an AB I snap at them and chew them out immediately. Theres no reason to yell at an AB for you being stupid. Sorry guys. If your going to say something about their skills that is negative at least tell them how to better their skills. We dont want to raise a generation of ABs who think that ALL they have to do is group buff and colo. heal. That is a fail AB. Fail AB kill parties at higher level turn ins. I hope all other ABs who call themselves 'good' (as I do) defend the AB that is learning and trying their best to succeed.

Another thing. They complain and complain and complain about "lagging" but apparently if the priest lags, who cares, you shoulda been healing! ... When nothing is moving you cant heal... Even though they totally understand how bad lag can get as they were lagging mere moments ago, they have absolutely no consideration for the AB who lags.

I also use my being an AB to my advantage to get what I want from those flamers. If I join a party, the very first thing I do is find out how many AB there is. I say 2 minimum. "We have an AB we are good to go lets go!" "Wait guys, we need another AB" "One is good all we need is one" If something like this is said I reply with "Ok if you go now, I leave party. Then you have less than 1 AB. So either we go with 2 or none your choice." They usually stay, or don't listen to me in which case I type /leave and be done with it. Theres plenty other smarter parties I can join.

Wasn't it meant to be about fixing the glitchy heal/high heal issue?

And about that, Don't forget the absolute worse instance where the heal wont work cuz something is in the way. "Unlevel ground" When you cant heal on stairs or even just slightly unlevel terrain its the worst because you don't even know where to run to to heal someone that was seemingly right next to you.

.... ROFL I see why it turned into people complaining more than discussing the ACTUAL issue. Complaining is funner to type and theres more to talk about hahahaha <3 oh well at least I addressed both issues and not just one. Maybe there should be a ticket option about "insulted my AB skills :glomp:" XD haha no cuz then ACTUALLY bad ABs that don't even try to get better would abuse that when I try to give constructive criticism. That happened to me yesterday... All she did was spam buffs... I was healing more on my gene by throwing whites at people... I told her and she called me stupid and said "Im healing!" .... colo. heal isn't healing... thats like... what you use when theres little danger and EVERYONE is missing SOME HP.... *sigh*.... there I go complaining again... that AB sucked.... and wouldn't listen to me on how to become better... acting like I am stupid... I bet she mains a class that usually flames AB because they never get buffed.

#30 T3chnowitch

T3chnowitch

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts
  • LocationNiffelheim
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 02 December 2011 - 10:29 AM

Most people do bring their own pots for emergencies, it seems. Regardless, I have in the past flat told people that I will not leave the party undefended to chase them down for heals and buffs--if they want my tender loving care, then they will stick with the party long enough to receive it. If they don't, it's no one's fault but their own.

#31 Raei

Raei

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 02 December 2011 - 10:47 AM

Everyone should keep in mind that Valkryie has a lot of people... a majority of which are rather rude... So try to understand that the server you play on may be more considerate than Valk... XD we aren't just complaining to complain....

Also everyone should keep in mind this is labeled "Heal skill fail" and that is the topic that (I think anyways) should be addressed, not flamers who cant be fixed.

#32 Cryslia

Cryslia

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 11:01 AM

my favorite (sarcasm intended) kind of fun is a party strewn throughout the map. I remember having a party waaaay back on loki that wanted to level at orc dungeon 2 with just 1 priest i spent most of 4 hours teleing buffing and healing and like 30% sp most of the time,but noone died despite what id refer to as stupid idiots not listening to the priest (me) and yet you guys complain about height problems with healing sheesh. I will agree that obstacles can be annoying and im a mediocre priest overall and do my job how i want to despite being called a noob or anything else... anyways heal and high heal should be improved in power and in allowing a party member in RANGE be healed through the party window despite intervening terrain unless as stated its a WALL or equivalent a tree you could see around or rock is just dumb let alone what might be a 5 foot drop or step up hell in ro it might be half a foot. Plus you gotta love when you try to heal someone and you walk half a screen away and heal someone not even in your SCREEN. The point about forcing a party to have 2 AB is a mixed bag in some TI earlier on having 1 AB is enough I would only do that if the place was mobby... that saying we had 5 ab in a party 4 tanks and 1 killer once it was hilarious and pair of entertainers.
besides all this remember you can only take blame for things you can control assigning anyone else your shortcomings is STUPID... Self deception is easy self growth through accepting your own faults is hard

#33 Methyst

Methyst

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 11:06 AM

This argument goes both ways. As much as I agree many people are the ones causing their own deaths, it's also true that the turn-in events, since as soon as pre-renewal ID and Dragonlabs, have created a massive amount of people that don't know sh.it about playing their classes and this is also true for ABs. When I started leveling my sura in Nogg fresh off jobchange I wasn't mobbing for my party. Why? Because I had to stay at the party. Why? Because the two ABs were on and off AFK and seemed to be just touching themselves throwing up a party skill every now and then while. I still cannot believe I was being the main healer/buffer for a semi-large nogg party on a sura, all the while windmilling to stun mobs and lower the amount of damage taken by pullers tanking. FS Sura FTW?

More on topic; use party window for those annoying backsliders and stuff. And yes, yes, it's completely stupid that average heal is barely any much higher than pre-ren when HP mods increased exponentially.

#34 T3chnowitch

T3chnowitch

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts
  • LocationNiffelheim
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 02 December 2011 - 11:25 AM

This argument goes both ways. As much as I agree many people are the ones causing their own deaths, it's also true that the turn-in events, since as soon as pre-renewal ID and Dragonlabs, have created a massive amount of people that don't know sh.it about playing their classes and this is also true for ABs. When I started leveling my sura in Nogg fresh off jobchange I wasn't mobbing for my party. Why? Because I had to stay at the party. Why? Because the two ABs were on and off AFK and seemed to be just touching themselves throwing up a party skill every now and then while. I still cannot believe I was being the main healer/buffer for a semi-large nogg party on a sura, all the while windmilling to stun mobs and lower the amount of damage taken by pullers tanking. FS Sura FTW?

More on topic; use party window for those annoying backsliders and stuff. And yes, yes, it's completely stupid that average heal is barely any much higher than pre-ren when HP mods increased exponentially.

The party window works wonders for people who won't sit still...as long as they stay on screen. If they leave the screen while you're healing and buffing the party, then it comes right back to the issue of whether you'll chase them down to keep them alive, or else just let them die. If there's more than one priest/HP/AB in the party, then you have the luxury of running after them for a bit. If you're the only one there, you're going to have to stick with the bulk of the party, whether it's stationary or mobile, in order to grant the most benefit to the most people, and those who split from the group are just S.O.L.

Not gonna argue with you that there are a lot of priests/HPs/ABs who don't know how to play their class because of constant TIs, but those of us who know what we're doing still face the aggravation of inconsiderate party members quite often.

Edited by T3chnowitch, 02 December 2011 - 11:27 AM.

#35 blitzersion

blitzersion

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 428 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 02 December 2011 - 11:27 AM

I enjoy playing my FS AB on Yggdrasil. Tbh, I don't really remember any people complaining about my healing/buffs, but I have been in parties where people blame the priests for their deaths. I don't know about you, but I suggest using the party window to heal. It makes things a lot easier. For those pullers, I always do a KE on them before they attempt to pull anything back to the TI groups. Secrament is also a wonderful skill :glomp:

I have a friend who has actually quit playing their AB's because of the constant belittling about their ability to heal and buff everyone in their party when they are the only support class in the entire party (of 12).

#36 Methyst

Methyst

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 11:34 AM

Meh, that's their problem though. People that won't at least wait a two secs for re-buffs and that won't carry pots are usually sucky party members anyway and nothing of value is going to be lost when they get replaced. They can't blame you for things they brought upon themselves and if they do they deserved to be swatted either way.

Translation: Just focus on the people that are worth it. The raging idiots will either remove themselves or figure out something's wrong with them.

EDIT:
On the topic of 1-AB 12-people parties. Just don't. This is not healthy for you and if you die who the hell is going to rez you. Any decent party should always have two healer classes.

Hmm that sure does bring memories of the pre-renewal ID turn-ins when I was supporting on alchemist with aid pots. yggs and party scrolls...

Edited by Methyst, 02 December 2011 - 11:37 AM.

#37 Kagrra

Kagrra

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 11:45 AM

I understand a bit of what you're talking about. I main an AB myself, but I've never had anyone insulting me too badly, even if I'm the only AB in the party. Since I main a ME/Adoramus AB, I don't have Secrament yet, which gets me a lot of heat in parties and I'm told to reset to FS. I thought about it, but it's those people who tell me to reset that leave me stranded with 2~3 monsters on me and ignore my pleas of help, so I have to kill them myself. >>; I'll often be the only AB in parties, and no one really blames me for deaths then; I think I get lucky enough to be in parties where they understand it's their fault for mobbing too much or rushing ahead. But I have been blamed for deaths when other ABs have been AFK. >>;
I am bad for using C. Heal a lot, but if someone's in trouble, I'll break out level 1 High Heal and Heal. I'm also extremely stubborn and if someone doesn't ask NICELY for buffs if I missed them, they won't get it, but I still won't let them die. :/ I admit, I'm not the best with being put into a supporting situation in a party, but I was forced to learn ( and I had to learn to keep my temper down ), which everyone who plays any type of priest should learn to do, because you're going to be stuck doing it.
Give new ABs a chance~. Otherwise they'll keep sucking. :/

Now, not everyone should be playing a priest class. Just the other day, I took my then-Bio to do a Desert Wolves/Hill Winds TI and I went AFK for less than 10 minutes, and I warned them that I would take a while, and they did say just to auto-follow someone. The party I was in had a Priest and an AB in it. When I got back, I was dead in the middle of the Hill Winds field with my party near the top of the map. I asked to be resed, and they refused to come back, so I ran back there, and when I got to the field, the priests refused to move with the party to get me, saying that they didn't want a leech around, even though I was using Aid Potion to help heal people they were ignoring and tanking better than the knight they got. >>;; Apparently, those priests weren't doing their job well since people had to spam for buffs and died a lot.
TL;DR: Bitchy priests shouldn't be priests; priests should HELP other people if they're actually contributing to the party, no matter the class.

#38 Fluffylovr

Fluffylovr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • LocationHawaii~
  • Server:Valk

Posted 02 December 2011 - 12:50 PM

*Yawns* Good morning~..

It seems a majority of the people who don't have this issue aren't from valk server, It also seems this thread was never on topic to start with lmao. But it's ok, as one AB to another its always nice to hear their stories of the good and bad days. I do not think my heal is too low, I think its too glitched. *sadface*

Edit// When I mention in the OP about chasing a puller, i mean not actually trying to follow them. I mean from party menu i tried to heal them and was froced to leave my humble little spot and follow them into the scary open world because they are heading off already. Forced Chase not on purpose. :glomp:

Edited by Fluffylovr, 02 December 2011 - 01:04 PM.

#39 Milfy

Milfy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 87 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 02 December 2011 - 01:09 PM

I think you're just overloading yourself. If you're ever uncomfortable solo priesting a party because of sp or you just don't feel like you're skilled enough quite yet, you should let the party leader know before you leave anywhere! If the party isn't willing to wait for another Priest or Scholar to help you out then that party is probably not for you. Not everyone is ready to solo support a party and that's okay! But if you stand there in silence, you only set yourself up for disaster. Whenever I lead a party and not playing AB myself, I always ask the AB beforehand if they're comfortable doing it alone and if not, we will definitely wait longer for another to come along. Often times you get other members saying things like "I've done it with one priest before, it's fine~" but it's not up to them so just ignore. Same goes for anyone with negative comments. If they're just saying things like "you're terrible!" and don't actually let you know what you're doing wrong so you can fix it, then just ignore it! Especially if they're not carrying pots.

It always helps to keep your party list open and buff from there. If you're playing Priest or HP, buff yourself first so you know when buffs will go down. Make sure to note if someone wasn't on screen so you can buff them when they do appear again. If you're not ready to take on a solo Priest role and there is another in party, ask to split buffs for the sake of your own sp! You should always be carrying emergency pots for yourself as well. Blues, Whites, Ales, Yggs, etc.. Just keep in mind that joining a party on a FS Priest is exactly that.. supporting the entire time. You heal, buff, mag, do whatever is needed because it's your role! All 11 other members will be expecting it from you and sometimes it's a big job but definitely doable.

In your Kobolds example, you should never be chasing anyone to heal them (in a full party). Your main focus should always be the party! If someone is running around because they are dying, more than likely they're going to die. It's inevitable for them and maybe they'll get upset for losing that exp but if they're not willing to stand and let you heal them properly (& ofc pot if necessary) then maybe they should reconsider mobbing or whatever they're doing. If you ever end up behind a dead cell and know you cannot reach, move! This is another reason the party window helps. Using this to heal and buff is MUCH easier!

As far as Heal goes, I don't really feel like anything is wrong with it anymore (or maybe I just don't care lol). When renewal hit it felt like a big nerf but you just have to adjust to it really. When you turn AB, learn to combo your heals! Don't just spam one or the other waiting for a cooldown. In strings I especially like to Heal > High Heal combo on a mobber/tank! Honestly, Priest class in general just takes some practice and time to get used to it. I hope you continue to learn your character thoroughly! AB is my favorite class and I hate to see people be genuinely awful at it because of their lack of trying. :glomp: Btw, all of this is more of a general statement than directed at OP. Just (hopefully) helpful tips to anyone wanting to play the class!

#40 Fluffylovr

Fluffylovr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • LocationHawaii~
  • Server:Valk

Posted 02 December 2011 - 01:23 PM

In your Kobolds example, you should never be chasing anyone to heal them (in a full party). Your main focus should always be the party! If someone is running around because they are dying, more than likely they're going to die. It's inevitable for them and maybe they'll get upset for losing that exp but if they're not willing to stand and let you heal them properly (& ofc pot if necessary) then maybe they should reconsider mobbing or whatever they're doing. If you ever end up behind a dead cell and know you cannot reach, move! This is another reason the party window helps. Using this to heal and buff is MUCH easier!

Just gonna comment on this part, Chasing when healing as I said above happens on accident. When you heal from party menu and they are walking you are forced-followed to get that heal you commanded to them until a. they walk faster and get off screen or B. that heal connects with them. ;) That's the part I don't like, which is why I think a further distanced heal would be nice, specially cos I can use a 12 man heal accross my entire screen.. :glomp:

Edited by Fluffylovr, 02 December 2011 - 01:24 PM.

#41 Milfy

Milfy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 87 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 02 December 2011 - 01:31 PM

I realized after I posted you clarified, but I was too lazy myself to go back and edit. I understand entirely what you mean though when it automatically moves you into range. When this happens to me and they continue to move off screen, I just let them go. I feel that if someone in my party steps out of range knowing they need heals, they should be prepared and held responsible for whatever may happen to them next! Don't let all the little negative comments get to you.

#42 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 02 December 2011 - 01:47 PM

It's been a long time since I've had bad experiences priesting, generally, it's people who run ahead missing secrament / buffs. Which I think is OK, I can just buff them seperately when they're on screen.... not eveyrone has to be buffed at the same time.

Yeah, some people are friends about it, can't say Iv'e seen it lot lately... but I find the key to avoiding these problems is actually good communication from the person on the priest.

When you explain that you can't heal when they do XYZ, and that the party should reposition, or the person crying to should avoid the tree/rock... most people value their exp enough to listen. So long as you aren't rude about it and are patient, most of a party will be able to identify the problem and back the priest up on the issue. That's what I've found anyway.

anything past that, bad players gonna be bad, so ignore them. Just make sure you're willing to take criticism too.

#43 HRdevil

HRdevil

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1165 posts
  • LocationMassachusets
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 02 December 2011 - 02:25 PM

Translation: Just focus on the people that are worth it. The raging idiots will either remove themselves or figure out something's wrong with them.

EDIT:
On the topic of 1-AB 12-people parties. Just don't. This is not healthy for you and if you die who the hell is going to rez you. Any decent party should always have two healer classes.

Couldn't agree with you more, I always carry minimum 5 yggleaf. I find it funny when someone dies they are expected to use a bluegemstone and other people doesn't even bother bringing pots nor ygg leaf LOL. I didn't understood anything u said until you translated it :glomp:

#44 Raei

Raei

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 02 December 2011 - 02:41 PM

I use the party window at all times for everything. Its not about the 'average heal' or the 'annoying backsliders' its about things irrelevant preventing cast like a staircase or a rock.

#45 Raei

Raei

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 02 December 2011 - 02:44 PM

It's been a long time since I've had bad experiences priesting, generally, it's people who run ahead missing secrament / buffs. Which I think is OK, I can just buff them seperately when they're on screen.... not eveyrone has to be buffed at the same time.

Yeah, some people are friends about it, can't say Iv'e seen it lot lately... but I find the key to avoiding these problems is actually good communication from the person on the priest.

When you explain that you can't heal when they do XYZ, and that the party should reposition, or the person crying to should avoid the tree/rock... most people value their exp enough to listen. So long as you aren't rude about it and are patient, most of a party will be able to identify the problem and back the priest up on the issue. That's what I've found anyway.

anything past that, bad players gonna be bad, so ignore them. Just make sure you're willing to take criticism too.

lawl i spend half the time in my parties telling people that we need to stop for a second to rebuff and heal and regen sp but they dont listen to me. Again not ABs fault if they wont listen.

#46 Raei

Raei

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 02 December 2011 - 02:45 PM

Geh Im not gonna reply to things anymore. everyone is just talking about people and this is supposed to be about the skill itself

#47 lordzduke

lordzduke

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 03:27 PM

hi..here my solution..not the best,but my SAGE can heal a 10persons party at Niff TI a while back..
1st: Nver stay at an obstacles even though u r camping...
2nd: Open ur party window n drag it to the biggest size til u can see all ur party member's name...
3rd: Heal ur party member by clicking their name in the party window that u big sized it early...

with this method,no one die in my party even the healer is a SAGE!!!!my SAGE... :glomp:

just try practising this method,see if it can help u..i never blame the priest/HP/AB if i died.it my fault coz dont bring emergency pot... ;)
the one that were impatience were the NOOB one.. :p_cry:
dont blame ur self..every class got it own technique to master,just need more practice...
just like pneuma,not all priest/HP/AB can master it without practice.i can create 8,9 pneumas at a time...

Edited by lordzduke, 02 December 2011 - 03:31 PM.

#48 Methyst

Methyst

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 03:35 PM

Well this is RO, most of the skills have something wrong with them anyway.

#49 Astraeos

Astraeos

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 666 posts
  • LocationMars

Posted 02 December 2011 - 03:47 PM

Does this need to be posted again?

#50 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 02 December 2011 - 03:51 PM

lawl i spend half the time in my parties telling people that we need to stop for a second to rebuff and heal and regen sp but they dont listen to me. Again not ABs fault if they wont listen.

No, but it's the ABs fault if you get upset with them complaining

Regardless, tree, no line of sight heal, priest can move too, iirc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users