40 replies to this topic

#1 iZola

iZola

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 12:56 PM

Spoiler

Something should, no, MUST be done about this.
Even though a guildmate advised me on zooming in, I still had a hard time trying to talk to Gramps.
Eden Group is crowded by shops, chat rooms and player in a vegetative state.
It should be a place to stay for less than 15 minutes, nothing more than that.
With that crowd, caused by a lack of an auto-reset in that map (that I bet many of us also long for),
I almost raged along with the other players that can be seen talking in those screenshots.
I'm not here just to whine, but also to beg on my knees for the damn auto-reset! :P

#2 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos - Animosity Leader

Posted 05 December 2011 - 01:01 PM

Disable vending on that map, imo.

#3 KataiKou

KataiKou

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 01:20 PM

We need a GM-bot with PVP turned on so they can stand next to gramps and spam Magnum Break next to gramps

#4 morphine

morphine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1123 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 01:24 PM

It would be nice if, at least temporarily, they'd add some space around the NPCs the same way they did with the raffle. It wouldn't be a perfect solution, but at least people would be able to see where important things are.

Or else just suspend loiterers for violating fire regulations. /fsh

#5 Ultimate

Ultimate

Ultimate Event Inventor

• Members
  • 2915 posts
  • LocationValhalla Dwarf NPC

Posted 05 December 2011 - 02:13 PM

I made a big proposal about this, didn't get much attention. wait for the update then there will be more space ^^ and more people!

#6 FiskBlack

FiskBlack

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts
  • LocationMexico, Campeche
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 05 December 2011 - 02:45 PM

Disabling vending is best compromise..

#7 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD
  • Server:Chaos - Animosity Leader

Posted 05 December 2011 - 02:49 PM

I don't understand why people need to vend in there anyways. I feel like the point of Eden Group should be to find groups of people and organize TIs.

Leave the vending in Pront. It's easier there and it's nice to have it all centralized. =)

#8 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 05 December 2011 - 03:28 PM

I made a big proposal about this, didn't get much attention. wait for the update then there will be more space ^^ and more people!

Yeah it was pretty much a "nod, nod, sure" from Oda with the Fun-gineer topic about Eden Group ... and then absolutely nothing.
Much like most things that are suggested and make 100% sense to do asap but nnnnnope.
"Wait till New Years"
"Oh, wait till after march"

Edited by Okii, 05 December 2011 - 03:29 PM.

#9 Akami

Akami

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1121 posts
  • LocationHell

Posted 05 December 2011 - 04:39 PM

I thought about starting a cleaning service. Manhole portal shop vac style. Go clean it out every couple hours, just around gramps though.

And on a side note, I don't suppose we can move that damn mesmerist over by the wall or something, can we??

#10 pikachiquita5

pikachiquita5

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 314 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 04:47 PM

I thought about starting a cleaning service. Manhole portal shop vac style. Go clean it out every couple hours, just around gramps though.

And on a side note, I don't suppose we can move that damn mesmerist over by the wall or something, can we??

This, exactly. If the VIP warper could be moved (and honestly I didn't find him that annoying), I think the Mesmerist--whose position I find a LOT more annoying---could be moved to the wall as well. I'm always clicking on this thing, an NPC that I'm sure is very seldomly used.

I also agree that vending should be disabled in Eden---there is more than enough space for everyone in Prontera, and Eden NPCs are pretty easy to get to. After all, there's that Eden NPC pretty much in the heart of all the vending in Pront.

#11 shurareki

shurareki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts
  • Server:valk

Posted 05 December 2011 - 04:56 PM

working as intended

#12 ShobaiK

ShobaiK

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 04:57 PM

If I'm just in eden, F11 usually works for me. And if I need to chat, F10 right after. I'll agree that it CAN get annoying due to some placements of some vendors but its not a huge deal.

#13 Akami

Akami

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1121 posts
  • LocationHell

Posted 05 December 2011 - 05:14 PM

The people crowding Eden are not breaking any rules. When you manhole, expect to be banned.

If the GMs aren't going to do jack :P to fix the problem, somebody's gonna.

#14 ExDarkrb

ExDarkrb

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1234 posts
  • LocationSingapore
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 05 December 2011 - 05:33 PM

The GMs will do nothing

at least this post tells me that MrTyraintar isnt an alt of Cydra, tot they troll too similarly but phew... :D :P

#15 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 05 December 2011 - 07:35 PM

PRESS F11 TO GET RID OF ALL THE SHOPS/CHATROOMS AND BE ABLE TO CLICK GRAMPS!

#16 shurareki

shurareki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts
  • Server:valk

Posted 05 December 2011 - 07:55 PM

I used to like to go to Eden like you
but then i took an arrow to the knee

#17 D111

D111

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4543 posts
  • LocationOrlando
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 05 December 2011 - 07:57 PM

We need a GM-bot with PVP turned on so they can stand next to gramps and spam Magnum Break next to gramps

lol, that would be awesome.

#18 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 December 2011 - 08:00 PM

The other night, someone on Ymir moved all the shops and vendors into a line and it was the most beautiful thing
I ever did saw!!

I still couldn't move cuz so many people sitting everywhere leaving no space to click on but
at least I could see.

#19 pikachiquita5

pikachiquita5

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 314 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 01:12 AM

If I'm just in eden, F11 usually works for me. And if I need to chat, F10 right after. I'll agree that it CAN get annoying due to some placements of some vendors but its not a huge deal.

AMAGAD, F11 IS MAGICAL! I didn't know what functions the F buttons had.....this is awesomeness. I stood in Eden for a while, mashing F11 with glee =D

#20 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 06 December 2011 - 01:17 AM

The other night, someone on Ymir moved all the shops and vendors into a line and it was the most beautiful thing
I ever did saw!!

I still couldn't move cuz so many people sitting everywhere leaving no space to click on but
at least I could see.

I used to do that all the time. Even Heim said it was okay for as long as we weren't moving them out of Eden Group. Eventually though...too many people there coupled with Vendors being bishes who constantly moved back to their old spots nonstop turned me away from the job.

Those vendors can be pretty anal too, because one of them said they'd report me while I was trying to Manhole a spam bot out of Eden Group. Posted Image

#21 Helios0

Helios0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2425 posts
  • Server:Chaos (Yggdrasil☻RIP)

Posted 06 December 2011 - 01:18 AM

is it at all feasible to designate actual tiles that vending is allowed on?

example

the tiles along the edge of the entry way leading upwards towards the desk

that would fix town vendors too like if people could only vend on the sidewalk in towns

or disable vending 5/5 cell radius round NPC's

#22 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 06 December 2011 - 01:20 AM

is it at all feasible to designate actual tiles that vending is allowed on?

example

the tiles along the edge of the entry way leading upwards towards the desk

that would fix town vendors too like if people could only vend on the sidewalk in towns

or disable vending 5/5 cell radius round NPC's

kRO already has something like that in the works, where vends aren't allowed within a 5x5 radius of NPC's. We just gotta wait another year before they give that update to us...

#23 LadyRaven

LadyRaven

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • LocationZoo Jersey, USA

Posted 06 December 2011 - 11:20 AM

I suggested this before...

Why not move gramps, merry badger, and the quest bulletin boards for 70+, to the second floor (move the storage chick to merry badger's spot by the teleporter)?
Then, move the kafra-shop chicks and upgraders to the big empty room on the first floor (moving the "Eden Door" down the hallway some)?
Either disable vending, or limit it around the bulletin boards/npc's (ie, like on the carpet only)...

That way the reset npc, vip warper, vip buffer, and other low level quest bulletin boards & npc's can stay right where they are...
That way all the 70+ people can congregate upstairs for TI's, with Gramps, and out of the way of new/returning players that are questing...
That way people who are kafra-buying and upgrading can do so without tons of people around...

I'm not entirely opposed to vending in Eden, especially when people are vending leveling supplies. It kind of makes sense, since people don't stay in the same city for very long (levels 1-70). Maybe make a special pass in order to vend in Eden group? I don't know...I'd have to think more about this aspect...

Also, I'm on Ymir, so most of the Eden Group congestion is around the reset NPC and Gramps..

#24 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI

Posted 06 December 2011 - 11:48 AM

I suggested this before...

Why not move gramps, merry badger, and the quest bulletin boards for 70+, to the second floor (move the storage chick to merry badger's spot by the teleporter)?
Then, move the kafra-shop chicks and upgraders to the big empty room on the first floor (moving the "Eden Door" down the hallway some)?
Either disable vending, or limit it around the bulletin boards/npc's (ie, like on the carpet only)...

That way the reset npc, vip warper, vip buffer, and other low level quest bulletin boards & npc's can stay right where they are...
That way all the 70+ people can congregate upstairs for TI's, with Gramps, and out of the way of new/returning players that are questing...
That way people who are kafra-buying and upgrading can do so without tons of people around...

I'm not entirely opposed to vending in Eden, especially when people are vending leveling supplies. It kind of makes sense, since people don't stay in the same city for very long (levels 1-70). Maybe make a special pass in order to vend in Eden group? I don't know...I'd have to think more about this aspect...

Also, I'm on Ymir, so most of the Eden Group congestion is around the reset NPC and Gramps..

Sounds nice but it won't fly, because people rushing on manuals want to get to gramps asap.
Easiest thing to do is disable all skills in Eden (yes, ALL skills; GM's can't just disable vending alone); move Kafra into the Restaurant Area, and keep the upgrading business upstairs.
Rutana suggests having a warper in Eden that sends the player to Gramps, which is a seemingly ideal proposal until you imagine all the vends that would be around him if he was just put someplace in some town.

As far as the posters saying that kRO is "working" on the NPC area that cannot be vended on... it's already being used in kRO and jRO. It's out. We just don't have it.
Kinda like a lot of other things we do not have.. hmm...

#25 LadyRaven

LadyRaven

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • LocationZoo Jersey, USA

Posted 06 December 2011 - 12:17 PM

Sounds nice but it won't fly, because people rushing on manuals want to get to gramps asap.
Easiest thing to do is disable all skills in Eden (yes, ALL skills; GM's can't just disable vending alone); move Kafra into the Restaurant Area, and keep the upgrading business upstairs.
Rutana suggests having a warper in Eden that sends the player to Gramps, which is a seemingly ideal proposal until you imagine all the vends that would be around him if he was just put someplace in some town.

As far as the posters saying that kRO is "working" on the NPC area that cannot be vended on... it's already being used in kRO and jRO. It's out. We just don't have it.
Kinda like a lot of other things we do not have.. hmm...

Yeah, I can see what you mean about being on a manual and wanting to get to Gramps asap.
However, I thought the main purpose of Eden Group was for everyone's leveling, not just for people using Gramps (TI's) and manuals.
The problem isn't the people on a manual, unfortunately; and I would hate to make their experience harder, but at the same time, the area shouldn't just be catered to them.
The complaints of congestion not only come from those having a problem accessing Gramps, but from people who are just trying to navgiate the area in general.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users