Eden Group Crowd - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

Eden Group Crowd

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#26 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 06 December 2011 - 12:39 PM

Yeah, I can see what you mean about being on a manual and wanting to get to Gramps asap.
However, I thought the main purpose of Eden Group was for everyone's leveling, not just for people using Gramps (TI's) and manuals.
The problem isn't the people on a manual, unfortunately; and I would hate to make their experience harder, but at the same time, the area shouldn't just be catered to them.
The complaints of congestion not only come from those having a problem accessing Gramps, but from people who are just trying to navgiate the area in general.

I argued that as well.
People didn't like to hear that Eden isn't supposed to revolve around higher level players.

#27 iZola

iZola

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 06:33 AM

working as intended

I wanted to say that D;

I used to like to go to Eden like you
but then i took an arrow to the knee

In the middle of the year, I though Eden HQ was the best thing it was ever made for RO.
I got robbed, had to quit for some months, then I come back and see what has became of Eden.
Now it's an ironic name, Eden should be the paradise.

If I'm just in eden, F11 usually works for me. And if I need to chat, F10 right after. I'll agree that it CAN get annoying due to some placements of some vendors but its not a huge deal.

Thanks for the function key tip, but even with that, it still a big deal, in some of my screenshots, you can see that
What was covering Gramps were the players, not their shops, their sprites! So again, it still a big deal.

The other night, someone on Ymir moved all the shops and vendors into a line and it was the most beautiful thing
I ever did saw!!

I still couldn't move cuz so many people sitting everywhere leaving no space to click on but
at least I could see.

Many private servers have an NPC that sets all Vend shops in Prontera in a line.
And it doesn't trouble the players as it takes just 3 clicks for your char to be placed in the line up.
If a private server with amateur programmers and developers can have a feature like that,
It's a shame that Official servers with a professional team don't.

Disabling vend and chat rooms won't solve the problem completely, some players just AFK there without anything up.
An auto-reset would force it to become a place of constant movement and player traffic.

#28 iiNote

iiNote

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 07 December 2011 - 07:13 AM

Many private servers have an NPC that sets all Vend shops in Prontera in a line.
And it doesn't trouble the players as it takes just 3 clicks for your char to be placed in the line up.
If a private server with amateur programmers and developers can have a feature like that,
It's a shame that Official servers with a professional team don't.

Yeah I love that about private servers... so organized when it comes to vending... Wish we could do that in iRO.. but since kRo is super controlling on what iRo can and cannot add... it'll take some time I guess...

#29 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 07 December 2011 - 07:55 AM

I argued that as well.
People didn't like to hear that Eden isn't supposed to revolve around higher level players.

Thing is, Eden is like one of the ONLY 3-4 places that revolve around high level players (Endless Tower, Scarabas, Sealed Shrine? Err what else, I can't think of any anymore...). The rest are all for beginners and mid level players. Of course, we high leveled players would get pissed off if these dumb ass vendors are trying to ruin our gaming experience by overcrowding the one place where we could actually have fun and spend our time questing on Gramps.

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 07 December 2011 - 07:56 AM.

#30 iZola

iZola

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 09:37 AM

^Exactly. When I came to try third classes, my expectations were that I would only be able to explore Niffelheim at a very high level.
And it's territory should be expanded, the realm of dead seems so small that we can get resurrected countless times because there's no space for any other souls there.
Getting back on topic, they shouldn't have moved monsters to random locations like they did. At least not without taking into consideration where high level players should go and be happy.

#31 Tamago

Tamago

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 278 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:13 PM

would that disable the fact that there are ppl around grandpa with a chat that's looking for a party?

#32 iZola

iZola

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 06:10 PM

My apologizes, but at least for me, it's much better to find parties in the TI map's entrance instead of near Gramps.
Much easier and faster, and it doesn't trouble anyone, it actually helps whoever is willing to start a party.
Actually, most of the times I start the parties, and I only recruit in the TI's map entrance,
I just go to Eden to warp whoever wants to bring an alt or friend.
So, that still no excuse.

#33 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 07 December 2011 - 06:19 PM

14.1 adds in the "can't open chat window or shop within 3 cells of a NPC".

#34 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 07 December 2011 - 06:26 PM

Posted Image

#35 LadyRaven

LadyRaven

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • LocationZoo Jersey, USA
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 December 2011 - 07:30 AM

Lovely! :blink:

If only 14.1 was right around the corner...which I doubt. :blink:

#36 iZola

iZola

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 03:35 PM

That sounds good enough in a way.
I hope it reduces the number of the vend shops there.
Otherwise all those stubborn players will all be "stacked".

#37 Appledandy

Appledandy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 December 2011 - 09:35 AM

What happened to the cell space around gramps not being able to have a chat or shop near it? This must be broken. There are people on yggdrasil on TOP of Gramps AGAIN. For a little while this was working after the skill balance, or so it seemed...then today it fell apart?

Edited by Appledandy, 19 December 2011 - 09:36 AM.

#38 Mayhem

Mayhem

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 890 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 09:42 AM

Well seems to be working fine in Ymir.

Maybe they put thier merchant inside gramps and then put thier vend up. Not sure if it will stop you inside the the npc. Although I think those people should just be banned.

#39 Phil

Phil

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 583 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 19 December 2011 - 03:19 PM

lol its ez to bypass as what i have showed a GM how to do it on sakray before the balance patch, i dunno who it was but he/she sent a global message in sakray telling ppl to go make shops/chat rooms around a npc (13.3 quip npc) to show the "no vend/chat area" then i demonstrated right in front of him how to do the "sliding chat window" thing and he/she was like How did u do that?

then i replied are u srz? thats old stuff since beta lol, not sure how it can be applied for vends though

P.S Sakray GM's where is that pic u took in sakray and promised to post btw? i want to see it lol

Edited by Phil, 19 December 2011 - 03:20 PM.

#40 shurareki

shurareki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts
  • Server:valk

Posted 19 December 2011 - 03:28 PM

lol its ez to bypass as what i have showed a GM how to do it on sakray before the balance patch, i dunno who it was but he/she sent a global message in sakray telling ppl to go make shops/chat rooms around a npc (13.3 quip npc) to show the "no vend/chat area" then i demonstrated right in front of him how to do the "sliding chat window" thing and he/she was like How did u do that?

then i replied are u srz? thats old stuff since beta lol, not sure how it can be applied for vends though

P.S Sakray GM's where is that pic u took in sakray and promised to post btw? i want to see it lol

wow sliding chat is still around?????
lol on a different note do you remember sliding play dead that used to be fun

#41 Ultimate

Ultimate

Ultimate Event Inventor

• Members
  • 2915 posts
  • LocationValhalla Dwarf NPC

Posted 19 December 2011 - 03:31 PM

That's in already <3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users