December 6, Maintenance - Page 4 - Ragnarok: Patch History - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

December 6, Maintenance

• Please log in to reply
170 replies to this topic

#76 Azyrk

Azyrk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 06 December 2011 - 11:00 PM

A box that contains 4 costume headgears that convey different patterns of the weather.
This box can be stored and traded, the items inside are account bound.
Opening it will give all 4 of the following:
-1x Costume: Shining Sun
-1x Costume: Rainbow
-1x Costume: Lightning Cloud
-1x Costume: Rain Cloud

It's not a lucky box. o.o

#77 Kuropi

Kuropi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 841 posts
  • LocationRight behind you.
  • Server:Valkyrie, Classic

Posted 06 December 2011 - 11:15 PM

You don't get it, I have 2 140+ ABs that I level on that map.

I will get KSed repeatedly.

I'm too high for the Turn in.

I don't have other places to level.

Not to mention there should NEVER EVER EVER be turn ins on quest access only maps. On Valk, many of the drops there are still quite valuable and are some of the ONLY drops from normal monsters that are still valuable in the entire game besides cards. There is absolutely no reason whatsoever that everybody and their dog should be allowed into this map all day for an entire week, so they can completely destroy the value of some of the last items on the server that are still capable of making people decent zeny for time spent.

#78 lainee

lainee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 729 posts
  • LocationOceanic Eternity
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 06 December 2011 - 11:20 PM

Posted Image + Posted Image = :blink:

Edited by lainee, 06 December 2011 - 11:26 PM.

#79 Weeeelium

Weeeelium

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 452 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 06 December 2011 - 11:23 PM

Its better to sell each costume hat at 150kp rather than packaging. People will get turned off seeing that they have to pay 600 for up to 3 hats they don't really need. This will definitely be seen as a move to gather more sales in the eyes of the players and that, is not a good move imo.

#80 Ali0510

Ali0510

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 282 posts
  • LocationAussieLand
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 06 December 2011 - 11:56 PM

Its better to sell each costume hat at 150kp rather than packaging. People will get turned off seeing that they have to pay 600 for up to 3 hats they don't really need. This will definitely be seen as a move to gather more sales in the eyes of the players and that, is not a good move imo.

Is it not the purpose of a business to make the most sales possible, while both ways may seem profitable Its what will make the most sales a business will do in the end.

#81 Recette

Recette

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 12:23 AM

Yea I wanted the raincloud hat, but now I'm not gonna get any of them.

#82 orven

orven

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 227 posts
  • Server:iRO Valkyrie

Posted 07 December 2011 - 12:27 AM

time for the snow to drop! :blink:

Edited by orven, 07 December 2011 - 12:28 AM.

#83 generalCOOLyo

generalCOOLyo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 379 posts
  • LocationOntario,Canada

Posted 07 December 2011 - 12:42 AM

no one will get them stupid costume hats. bad idea heim

#84 Skotios

Skotios

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 01:06 AM

Not to mention there should NEVER EVER EVER be turn ins on quest access only maps. On Valk, many of the drops there are still quite valuable and are some of the ONLY drops from normal monsters that are still valuable in the entire game besides cards. There is absolutely no reason whatsoever that everybody and their dog should be allowed into this map all day for an entire week, so they can completely destroy the value of some of the last items on the server that are still capable of making people decent zeny for time spent.

Aren't all new world turn ins and many other places quest only maps? Also, I'd be upset if I was 140+ AB too but at the same time I'd be even more happy than I'd be upset if I fit in the turn in range.

Also, I can understand the 4 costume hats in one, but it's gotta be discounted. Otherwise single boxes ftw.

Edited by Skotios, 07 December 2011 - 01:07 AM.

#85 Asea

Asea

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 01:32 AM

95% of the people who visit this forum complain about every single patch that comes out.

No more Ales machine? Didn't have enough time all month to turn them in for seeds? Tough :blink: bros.

Don't like the costume box? Don't like the price or the fact that it's 4 costumes in one box? Don't buy it and gtfo it.

umad because people are in your map leveling and ur getting denied exp? Well make your own god damn party and do the same :blink: to other people.

#86 wasabee

wasabee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 687 posts
  • LocationDarkroom

Posted 07 December 2011 - 01:32 AM

i need more cool stuff... :blink:

#87 foxySox

foxySox

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1373 posts
  • LocationOhio
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 07 December 2011 - 01:36 AM

The new costume headgears look really cute, especially the little sun. Can't wait to run around Nameless with that on my AB's head. :blink:

#88 W2roper

W2roper

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 01:46 AM

95% of the people who visit this forum complain about every single patch that comes out.

No more Ales machine? Didn't have enough time all month to turn them in for seeds? Tough :blink: bros.

Don't like the costume box? Don't like the price or the fact that it's 4 costumes in one box? Don't buy it and gtfo it.

umad because people are in your map leveling and ur getting denied exp? Well make your own god damn party and do the same :blink: to other people.

+1'ed this post! Imperfect game is not perfect because it is made by humans who are not perfect!
Not to say it can't still be an enjoyable/fun game.. some people just need to take a step back once in awhile :blink:

#89 Kuropi

Kuropi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 841 posts
  • LocationRight behind you.
  • Server:Valkyrie, Classic

Posted 07 December 2011 - 02:08 AM

Aren't all new world turn ins and many other places quest only maps? Also, I'd be upset if I was 140+ AB too but at the same time I'd be even more happy than I'd be upset if I fit in the turn in range.

Also, I can understand the 4 costume hats in one, but it's gotta be discounted. Otherwise single boxes ftw.

The New World USED to be quest only. Now you just have to talk to an NPC in Eden and you get automatic access there. Geffenia, Kiel Hyre, and NI, those are small areas with very specific (and exclusive!) monsters with very valuable drops because of the small number of people that take the time (in the case of doing all the prereqs for NI and doing the entire geffenia quest, 2 days) and ridiculous amounts of items, I don't think it's fair to allow EVERYBODY within the level range to go there just because it's a TI. Either make the people have to complete the quest in order to do the TI, as incentive for people to actually finish these quests, or don't make TI's on these maps. Ever.

#90 Weeeelium

Weeeelium

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 02:10 AM

Is it not the purpose of a business to make the most sales possible, while both ways may seem profitable Its what will make the most sales a business will do in the end.

That is when marketing comes into place. You market it carefully without revealing too much about your aim/target to hit what kind of sales. And in this case, it's made so obvious that people can see right through the inner intentions for this costume is to earn money more than providing satisfied costumes and earning money together.

#91 nikespawn

nikespawn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Server:Val

Posted 07 December 2011 - 02:18 AM

The New World USED to be quest only. Now you just have to talk to an NPC in Eden and you get automatic access there. Geffenia, Kiel Hyre, and NI, those are small areas with very specific (and exclusive!) monsters with very valuable drops because of the small number of people that take the time (in the case of doing all the prereqs for NI and doing the entire geffenia quest, 2 days) and ridiculous amounts of items, I don't think it's fair to allow EVERYBODY within the level range to go there just because it's a TI. Either make the people have to complete the quest in order to do the TI, as incentive for people to actually finish these quests, or don't make TI's on these maps. Ever.

then there is no need for http://irowiki.org/w..._Entrance_Quest (TI 125-140)?
ps
no-vip

Edited by nikespawn, 07 December 2011 - 02:19 AM.

#92 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 07 December 2011 - 02:25 AM

Yep, just hella mad that it's on the only map I can level in and I can't fit in the parties.

I mean, I can put myself out there as a killer but then there will be share range issues etc. This level range belongs in NI2, not NI3.

I'd be a lot less annoyed if TI parties didn't constantly KS

#93 Asea

Asea

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 02:51 AM

You'll live. It's not the end of the world.

#94 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 07 December 2011 - 03:01 AM

You'll live. It's not the end of the world.

Oh shut up, the GMs are being stupid and inconsiderate unless it's toward people paying out for their reset stones and BMs.

why should it be ok for us to have to tolerate behaviour that is CLEARLY AGAINST THE Terms of Service?

This is my feedback to gravity, it's stupid and there needs to be a solution, because this is a unique case of
I CANNOT GO TO ANOTHER MAP.
I AM RELIANT ON KILLING DEMON AND UNDEAD MONSTERS.
THERE ARE NO OTHER MONSTERS IN MY RANGE THAT I CAN KILL...

Anyone else would be pissed if they lost their only levelling spot due to GMs not being able/willing to punish people violating the rules.

#95 HyuugaNeji

HyuugaNeji

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 03:36 AM

People complain when there's no one to party with. They complain maps/servers are empty.

Suddenly, we see TI's and parties form again.

Now, AB's wish that they could be left alone?

ohplz, reroll.

Xielle, (or whatever your name is) wait a week and it'll be alright, k? play one of your other chars.. OR, JOIN. A. PARTY.

Edited by HyuugaNeji, 07 December 2011 - 03:37 AM.

#96 Issho

Issho

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 03:37 AM

I think the removing of Billboard timers is bugged. Only removes my 91-99 timers but not my 86-90 timers...

Edited by Issho, 07 December 2011 - 03:38 AM.

#97 Tora

Tora

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 132 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 07 December 2011 - 03:37 AM

I still can not connect to Sakray. Do I have to re-download the 13.3 client? If so, I can not connect to the download option on the iRO homepage. :blink:

#98 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 07 December 2011 - 03:54 AM

SIGH

Another really stupid Low turn in. Medusa monster is level 102 but quest is for 70-95!!!! Who the heck thought this would be a good idea?!

This is actually WORSE than when they had Roween & Anopheles, both lvl 95 monsters, for 70-95 two weeks ago.

Really monster hunts for the 70-95 Range should probably be limited to say monsters lvl 80-100 of which there are plenty. Check the list of 100+ monsters that fit into this range HERE.

I really find it annoying when the monster lvl is OVER the lvl req for the quest lmao. I mean you make an exp scaler that punishes us for hunting outside of a certain range to use and then you turn around and do this.

As to Hills & Tats I really think my Brute shield is coming in handy again this week :blink:

#99 YukkiCross

YukkiCross

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:01 AM

The hell is with this reset timer? We can only do 2 TI's now a day? I stocked up on some reset stones T_T

Edited by YukkiCross, 07 December 2011 - 04:06 AM.

#100 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:03 AM

Great I'm going to get KSed every 5 seconds because I'm out of range (high end) and there isn't anywhere else for an ME AB to solo at this level.

Time to take a week off.

Anyway, this is a serious problem with TIs, especially when you fill it with crappy people who a/ can't play and b/ killsteal everyone they wing onto screen with.

Worse on a map that is the only levelling option for a specific class.

On the plus side you get 3x spawn (right? hopefully) so if only 50% of it gets ks'd, your still better off exp wise! but not fun-wise, thats a big negative.

(go play skyrim for a week)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users