Why do you play RO? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Why do you play RO?

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#1 IronPlushy

IronPlushy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1747 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Between Servers

Posted 09 December 2011 - 04:40 PM

Simple yet profound question. Why do you continue to play RO? Do you have several friends in the game? Are you a 'vested' player that has so much experience, gear, zenny, and characters? Are you here for the WoE? the PvP? the lulz? If you answer I would request you tell us a little about yourself, like....

1. When did you start playing?

2. How long have you been playing? I feel this is vastly different than your start date.

3. How 'vested" are you? How well equipped, financially sound are you in game?

4. What server are you on?

5. Are you VIP?

6. Why are you here, what keeps you coming back, why haven't you left?

7. As concisely as possible, what is the largest problem with this game?

8. As concisely as possible, what is the best part of this game?

#2 FiskBlack

FiskBlack

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts
  • LocationMexico, Campeche
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 09 December 2011 - 04:51 PM

Back in 2009 ish

2. How long have you been playing? I feel this is vastly different than your start date.
3 years

Decent i guess..

Valkyrie

5. Are you VIP?
No

My friends keep asking me to WoE with them, besides that i wouldnt play at all.

kRO.

Social, friends and that kind of stuff make you keep playing.

#3 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 09 December 2011 - 04:54 PM

2001. -> 2002 (break) 2003 -> late 2010 (break) sept 2011-> now (imminent break I think)

I'd say ~ 8-9 years. I didnt take a break between 2003 and my break in late 2010

Best of the best of the best

Ymir

5. Are you VIP?
Yes. When I'm levelling.

People

Also people

People

-> http://www.youtube.c.../54/MURRqsDijkw
Its pre-re but watch it anyway, it'll show you why I ended up loving RO, I haven't made many videos since renewal was put in, but the message would essentially be the same, playing with others is what opens the game up to be the best.

I dont really WoE or PVP anymore. I MVP and play in parties, mostly I don't like the way the community changed with the server merger that happened just before renewal. As a former guildleader I don't really feel comfortable in other guilds, I suppose, and I use other games to satisfy my competitive needs.

Edited by Xellie, 09 December 2011 - 04:57 PM.

#4 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 09 December 2011 - 05:05 PM

nearly 11 years

I refuse to answer on the grounds it would make me look leetest.

Chaos then Ymir

5. Are you VIP?

Yes I am a very important person, and yes I am VIP

Friendship

Game Mechanics and the stigma that TIs have created.

I'd have to say the social network of it all

#5 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 09 December 2011 - 05:14 PM

July 2011

July 2011-present; not long enough to take a break yet.

3. How "vested" are you? How well equipped, financially sound are you in game?
I'm broke. My roommate and I finally stepped our game up and we are working the market a bit more to snowball some zeny. It's working as planned atm and hopefully continues to grow.
As far as equipment, I really only have what I NEED. Like, some old friends and current friends have donated great base gears for me to upgrade and keep.

Valkyrie --> Ymir

5. Are you VIP?
Yes.

6. Why are you here? what keeps you coming back, why haven't you left?
Why am I here? ... damn that's a good question.
The Quirky graphics, friends, and cute headgears I guess.
I also have a lot of time on my hands, so I come to the forums frequently just to mess around aaand I play RO hoping that the balance patch fixes a lot of things.
I also hope to see that dungeon system come in one day (if it is approved by kRO).

kRO, GM's/Mods, and other things. (zr0rieu, thanks for editing my post but I got it; pm me next time~).

I really don't know.
I would say MVP'ing, but it takes one gfist to kill most of them.
I would say cute headgears again, but those aren't being sold anymore unless they have some miraculous effect at +15.
I would also say doing turn-ins with a party, but gwing parties love to KS us nonstop.
I would say leveling with a party but that -_- never happens anymore.
The inflation is awesome.
Oh I love all the bots--they keep me playing RO everyday.
Hmm... Maybe WoEing is what keeps me here... oh wait nope, unless you have a guild of god item/MVP carded endowed suras your guild doesn't even matter.
Man... what else... maybe it's the price of a single lucky box being 18$? Or maybe it's the safe certs? Then again, it could be my love for seeing 150's everywhere and knowing that one day, when I get there, I will have nothing else to look forward to.

Edited by Okii, 09 December 2011 - 08:48 PM.
Conspiracy theory doesn't belong here.

#6 Wiggles

Wiggles

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 844 posts
  • Server:Ymir (Retired)

Posted 09 December 2011 - 05:15 PM

Since Alpha

Never had a "break" longer than 2 weeks.
Except for the time all my accounts got banned for a few months.
Also, haven't seen a reason to log in since August.

9 accounts. Over 100bil. 2 Bris, Sleip, Mjolnir, Bryn, 3 DR's, GR, full +9 gear/kvm weaps. I have everything I could ever need.

Ymir

5. Are you VIP?
Yes

Like everyone else, I see the potential for RO to get better.
However, instead of paying monthly and being unhappy, I'm currently playing other games and just read forums waiting for something interesting to make me log in.

I believe the developers have given up on the game. Its just a money-grab from the few niche players left.
Look at each "update" we get. Its just 3 maps, 5 new monsters and a couple of items. That would have taken an artist less than a month to do, but we seem to get one every 6 months.

Wow. I'm really struggling to answer this question.
The thing that originally drew me to the game was the fast paced combat in PVM and PVP, and the ability to take on large numbers of enemies at once.

#7 Rutana

Rutana

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1553 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 December 2011 - 05:28 PM

Aug 2004 - oct 2010: euRO, oct 2010 - now: iRO

I only had a few breaks, in total a few month (testing another MMORPG, got bored, came back XD). Overall I would say 7 years now with getting 8 when the new year starts ;3

On euRO as well as now on iRO I would say... I have what's needed, I have a few things extra, but I'm far away from equipped perfectly. Mainly cause I've 18 chars, but very good equipped are only 2 (AB mainly, GX secondly) and I still have and use allrounder equip. Financially - veeery low in compare to others ;D

Ymir

5. Are you VIP?
Yes

Ro just is my biggest hobby. I enjoy playing it, grinding, leveling, I don't mind fast leveling, too, though, especially since I still have the feeling of need to keep up to my old "euRO status" - even though I "basically" beated it now (back on euRO I had 2 Trans Chars, SinX 96/63, HP ~90? Rest was 2nd Job, highest ones around 80/90 - now I have 3 3rd Jobs, 3 99's (Ninja, Hunter, Wizard), 1 trans over 90 (Gypsy) and the rest is shortly after 2nd job change or shortly before XD)
Right now my goals are to 150 my AB, Becoming Wanderer, getting all Chars to 2nd Job -> Trans -> 3rd...
Equip Wise my only real dream is unfortunally still veeeeeeery far away: +9 Eddy Dia Boots <3
So yeah, I still have my goals and I'm sure I'll always have some. For me the playing itself is fun and I don't need anything else realy :3

On a personal, not objectiv, note...
The thought of Competition within the Community. I know it's a part of WoE and PvP, even MvP nowadays, but it's something I just can't get warm with. There are so often moments when I read something in the forum where I think "is it really important if player xy is better/faster/richer/easier leveled than me?"
The answer often is yes for people, which I don't criticises, but it's a "no" for me. I never played in the top league and never wanted to, since it simply has no meaning to me.
So... basically the biggest problems for me are community driven. You can fix a game/bug - it may take long and it may not please everyone, but it can be changed.
But you can't "simply fix" issues and fights between the community, unfortunally :/
Note that I'm playing on Ymir, so Bots are no problem for me personally, but I think for many players on Valk and Ygg, they are a big issue as well.
So, yeah... I don't have really much to complain about (more for slow contest process outside of the actual game), when I see how bad fRO is and with which conditions the german players I still have contact to have to play... I think if most iRO players would play 2 weeks on fRO, they wouldn't complain that much anymore XD

The feeling.
The feeling of the gameplay, the feeling about the community ingame (as I mostly come across nice people and only sometimes really have problems with mean people), the feeling about the game itself -_-
I also love to meet new people, even if it's just for a few shared words, and hear where they come from. On euRO you mostly came across other germans/german speaking, other parts where italy, turkish... it was so rare you found someone from somewhere else. iRO is so much more international, I like that <3
But I also love that you can easily go out alone and play a bit for yourself :3
Oh, and don't forget how much creativity this game spawns! The amount of Artists and Writer this game has is increadible! (Yes, even compared to other games like WoW - keep procentage in mind!)

#8 sakurawings1

sakurawings1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON
  • Server:Chaos -> Ymir -> Chaos

Posted 09 December 2011 - 05:29 PM

About 2007
on and off since 07
Eh.. im poor lol
Ymir (Proud from Chaos :)
5. Are you VIP?
Currently, cuz it was free :p_conf:
Boredom
Turn Ins
Headgears -_-

#9 morphine

morphine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1123 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 05:34 PM

Around 2004-ish

Around 5 years of playing time probably with the game in general

If I was being graded on my acquiring of awesome stuff, probably a C-. Could do better; lacks effort.

Mostly Valkyrie

5. Are you VIP?
Not at the moment. Storage limit is painful.

I enjoy the game in general. The game and community feel, for the most part, comfortable. I don't have to worry about being locked out of the game because of finances anymore. Service has improved greatly over the past few years. I never lack a goal in game.

Not including the 'needs improvement' issues, 'unacceptable' issues would include the bot problems and cash shop balance issues.

There are always more things to learn, and it's very much a personal experience, from play style to characters.

#10 Pingchan222

Pingchan222

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 05:57 PM

Oh jeez...2003 I think. Whenever the last open beta was.
Fairly steadily since 2003, every now and then I break from RO but it only lasts 3 months or less at a time.
Ehh. Enough to keep me happy.
Valkyrie.
5. Are you VIP?
No.
It's the only MMO besides league of legends that I can stand, and is probably the last one I'll ever play (just not a huge RPG person I guess). Fond memories and friends also keep me here.
I don't think theres any one thing thats the "largest" problem, there's a lot of stuff. The first thing comes to mind is how lazy kRO is, particularly with balance. Also I guess the lack of end game content, besides WoE. Then theres other stuff like how the GMs refuse to fix battlegrounds because its "exploitable", when really they just want to sell KVM badges and other stuff in lucky boxes etc...Stuff like that.
Many things, the first thing that comes to mind is the graphics, I really love the sprites. Theres other stuff, like the adoption system. I dunno, I just always thought it was the cutest most unique part of RO, the ability to adopt a friend and they'd be a "baby" class with a smaller sprite. I also really like the homunculus system, having a companion pet to level with you and stuff, though other games do do this too. Just some of my personal favorite parts of the game, theres others as well.

Edited by Pingchan222, 09 December 2011 - 05:58 PM.

#11 Mwrip

Mwrip

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...

Posted 09 December 2011 - 05:59 PM

Simple yet profound question. Why do you continue to play RO? Do you have several friends in the game? Are you a 'vested' player that has so much experience, gear, zenny, and characters? Are you here for the WoE? the PvP? the lulz? If you answer I would request you tell us a little about yourself, like....

Fairly early beta, about a year before the game was released (they had a loooooooooong beta). I think that's sometime in '02.

I quit for 2 years at one point and have taken other breaks, so probably 6-7 years.

I'm probably about average for Ymir, which is above average overall since it's where most of the vets are.

Ymir.

5. Are you VIP?

Yep.

RO is a very unique game. There's 100s of other MMOs, but it's pretty much impossible to find one that put the same effort into character builds and fast combat that RO did. Largely, that's also why I'm still here. I've never been a fan of WoW-style MMOs, and unfortunately, just about all of the new ones are that style. So, even though RO is in many ways a shadow of its pre-Renewal self, I'm still around.

Extremely brief answer: Lack of fun and challenging cooperative content.

Slightly longer version: Class balance and class roles are gone, monsters are pinatas, the xp cutoff bans fighting strong stuff requiring parties, play focuses on spamming uberskills instead of strategic play, and Gravity has given up on the things like instances and BGs. All of this combines to result in a massive lack of fun and challenging coop content.

It still has a fast-paced open-ended world built very much on the concept of playing however you'd like, with the character build you want to use.

Edited by Mwrip, 09 December 2011 - 06:03 PM.

#12 Sunset78

Sunset78

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 06:11 PM

Started playing on twRO in 2003 I think.
Been on and off RO a lot. I've been playing my account since 2010 December, and still is without taking a break.
Nothing amazing. Immune nid, variants, etc.
Valk
5. Are you VIP?
Yes, recently just got it
Friends, woe, and I feel that I need get something good in game before I leave, so I don't feel like I quit everything.
Lack of endgame, bots, cash shop, and things...
Woe.

#13 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 09 December 2011 - 06:12 PM

Sometime around 2003 I'd say

Other than 2 major breaks which lasted ~6 months each, since then.

Have anything I'll ever need or access to it.

Ymir

5. Are you VIP?

Yup

RO is probably one of the most unique games I've ever encountered. The fact that it's kept my interest for like 8 years and still going strong does say something!

Slow movement away from actually PLAYING the game to PAYING your way up.

The freedom you have in building your character, the freedom you have in doing whatever you feel like ingame, the MvP system of RO (or what it's supposed to be) and WoE are the best parts of the game.

#14 YukkiCross

YukkiCross

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 09 December 2011 - 06:13 PM

A: 04 but kept taking breaks every few months

A: I usually play for half a year before taking a break but I recently came back 2 weeks ago? But i've played for 5-6 years now?

A: Hah barley, I have some decent gears like variant shoes and a +7 valk mant. Zeny is a hard situation as I was a exp item seller pre-renewal but atm it's alright.

A: Ymir, originally from iris.

5. Are you VIP?

A: I am

A: I keep coming back for friends, I love making friends in this game and thats what keeps me going :]

A: Elitist community who tend to be fairly rude to most players, and I guess the lack of a friendly welcoming community?

A: The group activities, TI's Quests etc. I just enjoy partying and having fun with friends.

#15 MizunoAoi

MizunoAoi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 587 posts
  • Server:Chaos and Loki

Posted 09 December 2011 - 06:24 PM

4-5 years, off and on.

Not very at all, honestly.

Yimr and Valk

5. Are you VIP?
Most of the time.

It scratches my "Diablo" style game itch.

The playerbase. Rude, KSing, dead/bloody branching, botting, thinking the entire map is theirs, and so on.

The playerbase. I've made few, but good friends here.

#16 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan
  • Server:Loki Champ & Chaos RG

Posted 09 December 2011 - 06:33 PM

Reason I play: Learning English, WOE & PVP (not much of PVM)

A: 2 days after Valkyrie server went online.

A: 2002~2005 pRO (Chaos server)
2005~2007 or that was 2008 (Off-RO) went back & playing til recent. Sometimes I log too in my jRO server

A: WOE & PVP gears equipped, mostly KVMs which I did farm Pre-Renewal for 3 years. Got once Atroce Card last year's Nov, Asprika & soon a Brynhild, Im slow in making zeny since I spend for WOE extra self-supplies and wasting @ PVP. I make money by ET runs & farming 100m worth gears/cards during 2x drop events

A: Valkyrie

5. Are you VIP?
A: 1 main acct only, had 3 VIP accts months ago.

A: RO is a game, I play it during my boring times and talk w/friends. Meeting ppl and talking w/em makes me come back.

A: Players vs GMs arguements. (Mosty about Renewal balance)

A: War of Emperium

Edited by HayrohsLegacy, 09 December 2011 - 06:36 PM.

#17 Mogar

Mogar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 07:04 PM

I dont know

I dont know

Pretty poor, only around 1b in items and cash.

Valkyrie

5. Are you VIP?

Yes

Nothing else to do besides take up space

GM

It actually runs on my computer

Edited by Mogar, 09 December 2011 - 07:05 PM.

#18 iFail

iFail

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 07:12 PM

6 years i think..give or take a few months. I started taking large breaks a month or two before renewal and after it. the game just isn't the same as it was.

idk above average i guess. have money/can make money pretty easy.

valk

5. Are you VIP?
ya

it used to be fun, don't know, i think the game can be fixed still so i'm here crossing my fingers.

-renewal
-cash shop(i was ok with the cash shop pre renewal but it's gotten 100x worse since it was implemented.)
-heim$ ruined upgrading and turned it into pay $ for +12 everything while never breaking a single gear and at the same time destroying the economy for selling high end gears all in 1 go. good work!
-pay 2 win
-turn ins make people lazy and don't teach you to use your character whatsoever. just teaches you how to mash 1-2 buttons and when to turn on your x3 manuals for a free 2 1/2 levels all the way up to 140 where it has a huge drop off to 1 level per 15 minutes. -_-

the game was/is extremely competitive at higher levels and has some very dedicated people that play it. instead of milking them for money iRO needs to listen to what they have to say if they want any chance of fixing the game.

#19 IronPlushy

IronPlushy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1747 posts
  • Server:Between Servers

Posted 09 December 2011 - 07:25 PM

I tried starting a year ago, this game doesn't work with a touchpad mouse very well. Tried like 5 different times in the past 4 months. Quit when Skyrim came out. Have been back steadily for a few weeks, macking with my gunslinger.

A few months.

I am very poor, the most I ever had was 3.5m, spent most of that on a hard cover book [1]. I own undershirt and panties and have 1m zenny right now.

Valkyrie

5. Are you VIP?
Nope, would never pay for an MMO.

I literally have nothing better to do. I don't particularly enjoy the game, but it keeps my mind off reality.

I feel there is a great divide between vested players, and players who are 'vested'. And they are deservedly so, they have worked very hard and put in countless hours to have those resources. I just feel it's tremendously difficult to get decent gears as a new player.

The class system is so deep. There is a disturbing number of classes, skills, and builds. It is the class system by which every MMO should be judged. Of course class balance is an entirely different story.

Am surprised to see that a large majority of people are VIP.

HEY GM'S, CAN YOU SEE US NOW?!

Edited by IronPlushy, 09 December 2011 - 07:26 PM.

#20 ikeren

ikeren

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts
  • Locationchicity
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 09 December 2011 - 07:28 PM

I'm bored so I shall do this~
1. When did you start playing? + How long have you been playing?

5th grade... I'm a freshmen in college now. (took break somewhere around 7th-freshmen in high school and started playing again summer of sophomore year)

Not at all. :) ... for as long as I've been playing. (I "quit" in 7th grade, sold everything and bought a ton of OBBs... lol) I have a few "good" gears but some of my main gear is absolute foder. I still keep the pair of zombie sandals from my first account... haha...

Ymir

5. Are you VIP?
Male account yes, female no.
Busy with school but even if I have time enough for on TI I refuse to do it without VIP haha.

Nostalgia? I was addicted to RO back in middle school so I can't give it up... even if I don't like it as much as i did back then.

Lack of community... I don't know. Maybe it was my puny 12 year old brain but I used to feel like RO was such a nice community of people. 99'ers interviews with GMs and such... And everyone in south pront.... I guess that's just nostalgia haha. But there's too much concentration on lucky boxes and such that makes people dislike the game... in turn makes everyone feel cold.

I guess there are so many possibilities. -_- Making guildies, builds, maps to go to... But that is also why RO is not as good as it was before trans or anything. Everyone was more dependent on each other more. Now there are more obvious routes to take in game (*cough* TIs...OP classes...) But I was never as invested to fully understand game mechanics so I can't talk much hurr. |D

/rambleramble...

#21 LadyRaven

LadyRaven

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • LocationZoo Jersey, USA

Posted 09 December 2011 - 07:51 PM

mid-2001

Well, my husband and I played (as much as we could) from mid-2001 until late 2004. (There was 6-8 month break in there when the game just wasn't available.)
We played casually for a few months in late 2008/early 2009.
Then, we came back in September 2011 (again, casually).

Eh...we make do; we're not really concerned with the best of the best of the best since we play too casually, at the moment. (refer to #6's answer)

Ymir (originally from old Sakray though)

5. Are you VIP?

Currently, yes.

My husband and I have played a number of mmorpg's throughout the decade; iRO just remains a favorite that we can go back to with ease. I say this even though I had given everything I had away (to guildmates) when I left back in 2004. -_-

It's tough for me to say really.

For me? The solo appeal. After dealing with the husband, the 20yr old son that won't get a job, the 15yr old that's going on 30, and the 12yr old einstein....a woman just wants to be left alone, to slay monsters in peace... (And I get that in iRO.) :)

#22 Recette

Recette

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 08:25 PM

Whee I love filling out surveys no one will read~

1. Started playing right after rebirth. Whenever that was.

2. Been playing consistently since then.

3. My gears are good, not great. All upgraded to +7. The only uber gear I want is a Mistress Card, but I'm out of zeny. I know it's not worth the price tag, but it's nice not having to worry about catalysts.

4. Ymir. Started out on Iris though.

5. VIP ran out about a week ago, just in time for me to 150/50 my main. Sucks how they removed most of the normal Kafra warps.

6. WoE and nostalgia keep me playing. I'm also helping a group of about 15 newbies get started on iRO, but they sorta take care of themselves.

7. Largest problem with the game is balance, which doesn't seem to be getting much better with patches.

8. Best part of the game is the atmosphere. Everything from the artwork/graphics/music/etc. No other game has this amount of charm. The only weak link is the sound effects.

#23 Amis

Amis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 337 posts
  • Server:Loki>Ymir>Classic

Posted 09 December 2011 - 08:40 PM

Since beta, I guess 2002.

Probably a little more than half the time since I started.

I used to be well equipped. By today's standards, probably just "okay".

Ymir

5. Are you VIP?
When I'm playing, yes. I always believe in paying for the things I enjoy. Developing and running MMOs is a business, and if they aren't making money, they won't succeed.

The Norse mythology tied with the anime style is something I really enjoy. Fast paced game play, especially WoE... most online games are snooze fests, I prefer the lightning reflex style. The ability to take any size group in to try to accomplish something, whether PvM or PvP related. The relative permanency of "really good gear"... if you put in a tremendous amount of effort to get an amazing piece of gear, it is unlikely to be replaced quickly, and when it is, the gap generally isn't very much. Compare this to WoW, where your top end raid gear is obsolete with every stupid patch that comes out. Ragnarok made me feel like my investment of time had meaning, more than pretty much any other MMO that I ever played. At least, it used to.

I think whoever makes the planning decisions went far too greedy with the cash shop without thinking too far ahead about the repercussions. I think the cash shop is a great idea but that SIGNIFICANT thought should go into anything related to it, and I don't feel that always happens. Also, the game engine BADLY needs to be revisited. The skipping and lagging generated by some of the newer sprites is disgusting, and there's no reason a game as simple as this (by today's standards) run so poorly on current hardware.

Nostalgia, and the answers to #6.

#24 lainee

lainee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 729 posts
  • LocationOceanic Eternity

Posted 09 December 2011 - 08:45 PM

hmmm, 2002-2003, 2003-2008, 2009, 2010-present. Longest break (from an official server) was almost 2 years

Pretty well kitted out for most things.

Ymir, before that iRO Chaos and oRO Chaos

5. Are you VIP?

Indeed I am

Familiar environment, nostalgia, playing with my best friend. RO is also really the only MMO that has 'pushed all my buttons' (and I have little to no interest in RO2 or any other MMO really now)

kRO's myopic devs having their heads firmly implanted up their own backsides, never 'really' understanding what made RO special in the first place and also their inability to ever deal with any balance issues (and with each patch managing to find brand new ways to make things even worse)

WoE, WoE and WoE

Edited by lainee, 09 December 2011 - 09:05 PM.

#25 BradleyRyan

BradleyRyan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 329 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 09 December 2011 - 08:52 PM

July, 2008
Around 2yrs, I suppose... I stopped for a year then went back a few months before renewal hit.
I have two "well-equipped" characters. my warlock and archbishop (ME/support). I'm still saving zeny for high-end gears.
Valkyrie
5. Are you VIP?
Yes
I'm here because I still enjoy playing. After a crappy day from work, I would play RO to put the day behind me. Talk to friends and do a gramps TI (once).
I don't do PvP nor WoE, and that's probably the reason why I don't grind/level that hard.

I would say character balance.
The freedom to create your own character- any builds that you fancy (if you could afford it).

Edited by BradleyRyan, 09 December 2011 - 08:53 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users