The Market.... - Page 3 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

The Market....

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#51 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 16 December 2011 - 10:11 AM

I don't know...

You complain you can't sell your stuff.

On the flip side I can't afford your stuff. Pots, reagents, catalysts, and ammo is where all my zeny goes. I don't have that much spare change to get better gear from most of you. I seriously drop millions on all that I mentioned. I make zeny by OCing junk. I keep the stuff I find that you guys like to sell so I don't have to buy them from you when I need them.

It's tempting to buy HD ore and reset stones and sit upstairs in Eden vending it...

Fun fact: It seems the community feels it's approximately $1 for 5mil zeny.

Consider the cost of obtaining some of the stuff to sell it to you. People who hunt that crap need the same catalysts.

anyway, it's not like you have any better way of making zeny either. You could do the summoner and kill all the same mvps everyone else does bar SM/Valk etc and still not sell anything. You could go with a friend to hunt minivalks and make almost zero profit.

The point is, it SHOULD be worth it, when certs/immune shields came along, valk shields dropped to less than half the price and still take over a week to sell. Ever hunted a valk shield? It's REALLY annoying. Nobody will do it if they can OC more loot for more zeny faster, which technically, you can.

#52 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 16 December 2011 - 10:16 AM

Heim, I just got a ... crazy idea, and don't know if it will work, but well XD

Can you make better versions of the valuable equipment?
Or every equipment you want to have a high value again?
If yes, make a system where you can change 2 gears of the same type (for example 2 nyd garments) for the better version if it (giving it a bit more dex and a bit more resistance).
Make it break by a chance, make it cost a lot of money (scaled on which equip of course) and you can even keep the safe certs ingame.
The enhanced versions will get a high value - and as such the normal versions will also increase in value and price, without beeing unachieveable by new players.
Gears would break again, zeny will deleted and it may give some old veterans a reason to farm the items again :glomp:
Some cheaper versions (like Fireblend, enhancing it with more atk for example) could even be achievable for new players as enhanced, too.

Edit:
And of course, since the players have to upgrade and card the enhanced versions again, the old normal versions would come back to the market and maybe even getting a bit cheaper, cause they're not "the best" anymore.

We could use a crafting system (making our own equipment available for everyone, not just Blacksmiths and not exclusively for weapons) in this game like almost all MMORPGs have.

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 16 December 2011 - 10:17 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users