Skill Cast Requests - Page 2 - 14.1 and Skill Balance update feedback - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Skill Cast Requests

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
86 replies to this topic

#26 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 19 December 2011 - 05:48 PM

Energy Coat and most 2nd class spells used to have a "fix" in their Fixed Cast Time... which has been removed with the Balance Patch.

#27 Allysia

Allysia

• Members
  • 519 posts
  • LocationIn a better Place.
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:My Company

Posted 20 December 2011 - 01:43 AM

[Wanderer]
Severe Rainstorm
Before: I think about 4 or 5 seconds
After: I think like 7 seconds

I think that the cast delay is much to long. I had to use arrow shower right after sr if not I would die. Please make it more easier to spam. Or change the formula back please.

[Sura]

Lightning Ride
Pre-patch: Instant
Post-patch: Variable, 5 seconds

Reason I think it should be changed back: Damage is too low for it to have been changed (and it already has a cast delay), and it's only really viable in PvM (removing the cast time would not affect MvP/WoE/PvP).

[Sura/Monk]
Skill name: zen
Pre-patch times: 1 sec

Post-patch times: 3 secs roughly estimating

Why you would like to see this changed? Because suras needs spheres to cast spell. Leveling with a slow zen cast takes a lot longer to level than before.

I agree with all three messages. I would like to see this three skill as pre-patch.

#28 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 20 December 2011 - 11:03 AM

Sorcerer
Varetyr Spear
Pre-Patch: Quick cast
Post-Patch: Slow cast

Why this should be changed?
This skill was only useful because of its quick cast time. Now it is not useful whatsoever. Diamond Dust is better in every way. Please revert the cast time on this skill. There were 0 complaints about this skill's power, why did it get nerfed?

#29 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 20 December 2011 - 01:31 PM

All first and second class

pre-patch custom iro times for certain skills.

post patch many non-3rd skills with impractical and long fixed cast times

What I would like changed...

Is is possible for us to get our own version of JRO's custom fix and have all non-3rd class skills
have only variable cast time. I can't see anything game breaking since we played that way for years.
just a simple case of actually being rewarded for a stat point investment,

Edited by TheSquishy, 20 December 2011 - 01:31 PM.

#30 Midas

Midas

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 08:24 AM

[Hunter]
Claymore Trap, Blast Mine, Land Mine
Pre-patch times - Instant Cast
Post-patch times - Some somewhat long cast time

Why you would like to see this changed/changed back
The change only hinders hunters/snipers, not rangers who have no reliance on them at all.

I am a trap ranger (or was anyway before the skill update) and I have made ample use of Blast Mine, Land Mine, and especially Claymore traps. The long cast time makes them extremely difficult to use in PvM and MvP, which is all I do as a ranger. Pretty hard to drag a mob or even 1 MVP behind you and place traps with a long cast time in front of them.

#31 Phil

Phil

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 583 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 21 December 2011 - 08:02 PM

So is there any chance of at least Lightning ride being reverted to pre patch? since scarabs are buffed, using TC is kinda not viable since even with full gods+proper shield/reducs u cant even land a combo even using both windmill/Earthshaker to stun them (not even 100%) without lowering ur HP to critical and when used with TC becomes an instant death skill since scarab's attacks are somewhat delayed like how darklord/dark illusions attack

SNB is also an option but for non agi sura's i dont think it will be usefull much

#32 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 22 December 2011 - 11:49 AM

Suicidal Destruction's cast time needs to be reversed to what it was before this balance patch. It's quite near unstoppable right now, less than a second cast time.

For a skill that is a pretty much guaranteed kill of anything in its AoE, it needs to give people a chance to actually get out of the way or interrupt it.

#33 WateryGrave

WateryGrave

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 437 posts
  • LocationEast U.S
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 23 December 2011 - 01:20 AM

Suicidal Destruction's cast time needs to be reversed to what it was before this balance patch. It's quite near unstoppable right now, less than a second cast time.

For a skill that is a pretty much guaranteed kill of anything in its AoE, it needs to give people a chance to actually get out of the way or interrupt it.

No thanks, The skill comes at a huge cost maybe not zeny wise but it forces the SD to go to 0SP and loses the main function of the class with a Mado Gear build. Not to mention if any one is wearing reflect gear or RG with reflect on its nearly impossible to survive. I want this skill to remain the same because If i have to lose everything I worked for in my skill tree on one skill it better be able to obliterate a good number of people. Besides its not like it hits people in hiding and Shadow form does still work to some extent...

P.S and if it was reversed it would only be useful to people with a Mjolnir. It was too long to kill anyone without it and nearly instant cast with it. Now if it had same cast time like 3sec of fixed cast time and does dmg in a... oh i dont 30x30 then im all for it ^_^

Edited by WateryGrave, 23 December 2011 - 01:22 AM.

#34 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 23 December 2011 - 11:13 AM

No thanks, The skill comes at a huge cost maybe not zeny wise but it forces the SD to go to 0SP and loses the main function of the class with a Mado Gear build. Not to mention if any one is wearing reflect gear or RG with reflect on its nearly impossible to survive. I want this skill to remain the same because If i have to lose everything I worked for in my skill tree on one skill it better be able to obliterate a good number of people. Besides its not like it hits people in hiding and Shadow form does still work to some extent...

P.S and if it was reversed it would only be useful to people with a Mjolnir. It was too long to kill anyone without it and nearly instant cast with it. Now if it had same cast time like 3sec of fixed cast time and does dmg in a... oh i dont 30x30 then im all for it ^_^

The same can be said about Guillotine Fist, only that's not an AoE and actually has a cast time that makes it able to be interrupted.

About the skill points, it took 33 or so to get Inspiration and that's now useless. *Shrug*

#35 WateryGrave

WateryGrave

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 437 posts
  • LocationEast U.S

Posted 24 December 2011 - 08:06 PM

The same can be said about Guillotine Fist, only that's not an AoE and actually has a cast time that makes it able to be interrupted.

About the skill points, it took 33 or so to get Inspiration and that's now useless. *Shrug*

Every time i use this skill i literally have to walk my character all the way back to one spot in prontera wait 5min for a cool down and lose every other skill i have. FOR ONE SKILL. Alot costlier then Gfist.

#36 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 24 December 2011 - 08:17 PM

You don't have it memo'd?

VIP people can also just get it in front of the castle.

I've seen the skill kill plenty of people before this patch when it's used correctly with some tactics involved... The ability to Neutral Barrier and Backslide (whatever the hell it's called for Mechanics) into a precast and insta-kill them all without any chance for opposition is stupid.

#37 Xyst

Xyst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 09:26 PM

I think that White Imprison could work against Mechanic. Just an Idea.

#38 noctorious

noctorious

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 10:17 PM

[Ranger/Sniper]
Skill name: Wind Walker
Pre-patch times - ~2-3 seconds with 2s skill delay (global)
Post-patch times - same

Why you would like to see this changed/changed back

Before renewal, this skill was variable cast time and near instant cast... as fast as agi up. Except this skill doesn't give the same walking speed as agi up, doesnt give agi, gives only 5 flee. I want to use it every time before I jump on my warg, but I have to wait 2 seconds before jumping on the warg after... only to find that my wind walker cancels when I enter a different map zone. Then i waste more time jumping off warg, recast, wait so i can jump on warg again.

#39 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 25 December 2011 - 12:12 AM

[Swordsman]
Magnum Break
Pre-patch: No Global Cast Delay
Post-patch: 2 second Global Cast Delay

Why you would like to see this changed/changed back:
It makes it hard to incorporate other skills to combo some attacks after Magnum Break's new Global Cast Delay kicks in. This is extremely bad when trying to kill a mob, because you're literally standing there waiting to do something.

#40 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 25 December 2011 - 10:03 AM

I think that White Imprison could work against Mechanic. Just an Idea.

It could, if there was time to get it off before they a'sploded.

#41 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 04:54 AM

The same can be said about Guillotine Fist, only that's not an AoE and actually has a cast time that makes it able to be interrupted.About the skill points, it took 33 or so to get Inspiration and that's now useless. *Shrug*

How the hell are you comparing SD and Gfist seriously? Gfist has NO cooldown and just a 10 second cooldown of no SP before it can be used again. SD has a 5 MINUTE cooldown. Seriously, some of the things you post...

EDIT : Unless something changed you could hide it.

Edited by Hrishi, 27 December 2011 - 04:57 AM.

#42 RuneLightmage

RuneLightmage

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 06:50 PM

Just gonna say two things really: First, I don't have a priest- almost made one to be ME a while back and then saw the cast time and ditched the idea. Now the cast time is changed and the skill is usable again. I enjoy partying with ME priests. Thank you.

I play a support RG (before everyone else started trying it after the patch). I have over 80 dex and find the 3 second (I'm pretty sure it's fixed) cast time of Sacrifice revolting. It's also dispelled after Gwinging. In short, the skill is very hard to use in efficient, non-camping parties unless I have Sacrament cast on me. In an emergency, it is completely useless. I already need a phen to cast it in an emergency situation so it will go off successfully. But by then the target is usually dead and it's just better to cast heal. Please fix this and make the cast time usable and able to be reduced. Nothing would be quite as sexy as a fast cast Sac in a pinch (that doesn't get dispelled on gwing)..(while we're at it care to increase the duration an additional 5 seconds per level please? hehe).

#43 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 29 December 2011 - 06:16 PM

You can kill the Mechanic as soon he is in range...

In organized fights, Mechanics are killed/maquerade on the spot... remember that Neutral Barrier doesn't work against Magic, therefore a good Warlock can stop/kill that fellow before it gets in range... TV, WI, Sienna... you name it...

Safety Wall works against SD as well... plus hey, SD has 5 min cooldown? is as the skill state a "Self destruction"... it has been reduced to "strategic SD" now thanks to the new cooldown...

This change was intended as it is like that on kRO... we just have to find new ways around it...

PS: Did all Warlock's cast times increased? it feels kinda like there's more fixed cast time than variable... dunno... If there's a way to reduced Warlock's cast time in 0.2 seconds? it would help a lot =)

Edited by Wizard, 29 December 2011 - 06:17 PM.

#44 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 29 December 2011 - 09:40 PM

How the hell are you comparing SD and Gfist seriously? Gfist has NO cooldown and just a 10 second cooldown of no SP before it can be used again. SD has a 5 MINUTE cooldown. Seriously, some of the things you post...

EDIT : Unless something changed you could hide it.

"The skill comes at a huge cost maybe not zeny wise but it forces the SD to go to 0SP and loses the main function of the class with a Mado Gear build. Not to mention if any one is wearing reflect gear or RG with reflect on its nearly impossible to survive.

I think it's extremely comparable in these regards. The difference, of course, is that one doesn't kill everything in a large AoE. And that you actually want to die after you SD, so you can go back and get your Mado, whereas as a good Sura will make sure they're doing enough damage to kill but not enough to be killed.

As for it being intended, it's not like mistakes haven't been made countless times regarding skills.

Whether Hide works on it or not, I don't have time to hide because there's virtually no cast time on the damn skill.

I saw plenty of excellent SDs before this balancing patch, there's no reason why the cast time needed to be changed.

Edited by Ralis, 29 December 2011 - 09:41 PM.

#45 Yanzan

Yanzan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey.
  • Server:Valk

Posted 30 December 2011 - 12:42 AM

[Mechanic]
Skill name: Arm Cannon
Pre-patch times: 1.2 + (Skill Level * .2) Variable
Post-patch times:
Fixed Cast Time: (0.8 - 0.2 * Skill Level) second
Variable Cast Time: (1.2 + 0.2 * Skill Level) seconds

Why you would like to see this changed/changed back: I feel that the fixed cast time is not necessary, considering that Level 1 Arm Cannon gets the most fixed cast time.

Tests:

Spoiler

[Mechanic]

Why is it that Genetics can have instant cast Cart cannon and do about 15-20k dmg while Arm Cannon which consumes not only cannon balls but magic fuel also

Genetic
Cart cannon has a large AoE, Can do easy 20k dmg without god items and has 0 after cast delay and also does not miss Compare this to Arm Cannon
Mechanic
Arm cannon max level 3x3, Does 15-20k Using +12 Pile bunker, Has Fixed Cast Time: (0.8 - 0.2 * Skill Level) second Variable Cast Time: (1.2 + 0.2 * Skill Level) secondshile
while having another almost 1-2 second Global delay. This skill is nearly impossible to use effectively without a Bard Class standing by.
Im not asking for arm cannon do be Stronger then cart cannon but considering it is the main attack skill of a Mado gear it should be on par with it in the least.
All im saying is that arm cannon can be easily out potted by pretty much everything in WoE only viable way to kill people is SD

or aleast have the same spam speed has knuckle boost or something close to it.

#46 Xyst

Xyst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 03:42 AM

or aleast have the same spam speed has knuckle boost or something close to it.

Are you kidding me, that speed is insane...

#47 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 30 December 2011 - 06:06 AM

[Swordsman]
Magnum Break
Pre-patch: No Global Cast Delay
Post-patch: 2 second Global Cast Delay

Why you would like to see this changed/changed back:
It makes it hard to incorporate other skills to combo some attacks after Magnum Break's new Global Cast Delay kicks in. This is extremely bad when trying to kill a mob, because you're literally standing there waiting to do something.

Magnum break has always had a global cast delay.

#48 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 30 December 2011 - 09:54 AM

Magnum break has always had a global cast delay.

Even if there was, it wasn't as bad as it is now.

#49 noctorious

noctorious

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 02:24 PM

Seconded. I used to use a blast clip to boost damage. It's not even worth using now because the delay takes up too much of the boost effect's time.

#50 Pril

Pril

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 562 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 06:29 PM

It was precisely just as bad as it is now.

Magnum break's bonus damage was a boost at the end of the damage modifier, making it benefit mainly for auto-attacks. Using it to boost skill damage is pure crap.

Magnum break and bash are supposed to be rival skills. Bash for dps, magnum break to mob; they were quite even. The cast delay change made it quite one sided.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users