Skill Cast Requests - Page 4 - 14.1 and Skill Balance update feedback - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Skill Cast Requests

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
86 replies to this topic

#76 Aeroku

Aeroku

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 303 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:14 PM

not all changes can be done according to how it works irl...

i'd agree with it being a melee attack if i could actually target and kill the wolf, but you can't. and obviously that makes no sense irl, lol.

#77 Pres

Pres

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1427 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:50 PM

LOL? I 1 shot Kasa with a fairly quick cast time on a 130 Ranger. I can't do nearly that much PVM DPS on my 150 wanderer, 150 genetic, and others? Pass me a hit of whatever you are smoking.

Also you are talking about buffing Ranger when you do better auto-attack DPS than Creza EDPing with auto-attack on me in WoE? Yeah pneuma is your weakness but so is your hitlock to me. Its like paper-rock-scissors. The buffs you are talking about would make Ranger unfair. Your DPS makes me spam whites like hell and you're talking about doing more?

Camouflage that allows control+click would be horribly unbalanced. 10-15k/sec dps without the enemy even being able to retaliate? Again, you must have some fine green herb on your lap. Only class that'd be able to defeat you would be Sura due to being able to snap near you with ruwach up.

Yes, Rangers are very strong in pvm and using appropriate elements (and this is with elemental weaknesses) can one-shot their way to 150 with the WW set. However, in woe and end-game pvp, Rangers don't have any reliable defensive skills and remain the class with the least defense in RO. While most classes can benefit from substantial damage reductions or skills, Rangers can't. WW set increases our damage, but leaves many defensive limitations. Warg bite is our only reliable defensive skill and that can fail, miss, and has a cooltime. Traps are never used, because, well, no one steps on traps. Serenity, while I do a lot of DPS, that's because I had to sacrifice my defense for it and most Rangers aren't willing to do that to amount to the damage that I do. Also, Camouflage is NOT a defensive skill. People can see you clear as day and can target and hit you with skills as a normal person. Camouflage remains a useless skill for ctrl+click/ASPD rangers and mostly a useless skill in woe. Now, unless you're a pure AS/AB build, but that doesn't do much damage because of the ranged reduction and other reductions in woe.

no again. warg bite having large cooldown? hell that thing hurts when i've seen it spammed. snap disabled in woe? where have you been?

ranger's aren't helpless to a sura. they're helpless when you vs them 1v1 (which i've said many time), it's their specialty. warg bite being a melee? seriously? so like you can totally precast a warg bite rangers from afar and not blocked by pneuma? you're highly discouraging team work this way. if that was the case, make all goh be melee attack regardless of lvl (i mean really, it doesn't use an arrow, just basing it on your speculation)

ctrl click? gx is the class for that, you can't expect to get strong like gx, being able to ctrl click AND doing it on a ranged method.

tl;dr: no.

Oh, please. Everyone knows you can't compare a GX to a Ranger. GX can cloak and have some sort of protection/defensive capability or reduction. Suras, as a class, highly discourage teamwork and at least should have their snap removed that gives them unparalleled movement speed and the ability to leave glitched sprites all over the map. Suras can easily block anything by snapping out of the Ranger's range and then come back to one-shot him/her with ease. Now let me ask where have you been? Hunters, Snipers, Rangers have been the three classes with special procs on ctrl+click with the falcon, and now warg. Warg strike even procs on ctrl+click. That's the only evidence I need to prove you don't know anything.

#78 Aeroku

Aeroku

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:33 PM

so you're trying to make ranger not only excels in pvm but also woe/pvp? look at sura. they're not great in pvm. their skills have big delays, i don't even need to name any. their skills are mostly towards 1v1 situation, only teamwork skills they have is CC, and even that requires the sura to get in the middle of a guild to do its job (which is very risky, spamming ygg's tend to be the only thing that keeps them up while then)

now look at all the nerf that sura have gotten and then look at the buff that ranger have gotten. you *know* that sura's main ability is pretty much fast movement, quick-1 shot killer (which is pretty much why people main them for pvp, simply because pvp has no teamwork what-so-ever). but in woe? they're no longer the main class there. snap glitch problem? that's not intended. so don't blame the player there.

special procs don't matter. literally everyone knows that what matters in the end is the dps of offensive-type of skills. yet i said, GX is the main specialty for that. we don't want rangers to have a stronger ctrl click, that requires no catalyst, and can be done at long range.

#79 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 13 January 2012 - 07:47 AM

Yes, Rangers are very strong in pvm and using appropriate elements (and this is with elemental weaknesses) can one-shot their way to 150 with the WW set. However, in woe and end-game pvp, Rangers don't have any reliable defensive skills and remain the class with the least defense in RO. While most classes can benefit from substantial damage reductions or skills, Rangers can't. WW set increases our damage, but leaves many defensive limitations. Warg bite is our only reliable defensive skill and that can fail, miss, and has a cooltime. Traps are never used, because, well, no one steps on traps. Serenity, while I do a lot of DPS, that's because I had to sacrifice my defense for it and most Rangers aren't willing to do that to amount to the damage that I do. Also, Camouflage is NOT a defensive skill. People can see you clear as day and can target and hit you with skills as a normal person. Camouflage remains a useless skill for ctrl+click/ASPD rangers and mostly a useless skill in woe. Now, unless you're a pure AS/AB build, but that doesn't do much damage because of the ranged reduction and other reductions in woe.

Oh, please. Everyone knows you can't compare a GX to a Ranger. GX can cloak and have some sort of protection/defensive capability or reduction. Suras, as a class, highly discourage teamwork and at least should have their snap removed that gives them unparalleled movement speed and the ability to leave glitched sprites all over the map. Suras can easily block anything by snapping out of the Ranger's range and then come back to one-shot him/her with ease. Now let me ask where have you been? Hunters, Snipers, Rangers have been the three classes with special procs on ctrl+click with the falcon, and now warg. Warg strike even procs on ctrl+click. That's the only evidence I need to prove you don't know anything.

Ranger's flaw is the lack of a shield. This does make them one of the most vulnerable classes. They have a better HP mod than genetic or warlock, but lacking a shield does make them easier to kill. Wearing the white wing set instead of reduction garment and HP shoes is a personal choice. Range is a rangers friend, as you can hitlock someone at 12 cells who can't cast skills on you to 9 cells. This is a unique advantage that compensates for the low reductions.

Warg bite is no less effective than howl of mandragora, which floats around 20% success rate on 150 characters. In fact the re-use delay and lack of consumable on warg bit, and the fact you can outwarg makes it superior to howl 1:1, but howl is AoE. So again they are equal but different. Which is a good thing.

Rangers can hitlock people from a range which is hard to navigate out of, unlike GXes. The DPS you throw out is actually better than anything I can do solo w/o god items. You just pay for it with less damage reduction from not having a shield. I'd say between gene and ranger they are balanced.

The problem is when you want to compare your class to a sura, whose disable (cursed circle) works 100% of the time, their defensive ability (pneuma) is supreme, their HP reaches over 55k WITH A SHIELD, their snap is supreme, and their ranged DPS is better than both of ours and uninterruptable. Balance should not be based around comparing yourself to a Sura. Sura is horrifically overpowered. they ruin team play because you need a team to fight 1 sura rather than a team vs a team.

Edited by Jaye, 13 January 2012 - 07:53 AM.

#80 Arcturus7

Arcturus7

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 13 January 2012 - 03:16 PM

[Sura]

Lightning Ride
Pre-patch: Instant
Post-patch: Variable, 5 seconds

Reason I think it should be changed back: Damage is too low for it to have been changed (and it already has a cast delay), and it's only really viable in PvM (removing the cast time would not affect MvP/WoE/PvP).

This a million times!

I just reset my Sura to a Lightning Ride/Rampage Blast vit build (4 reset stones :rofl:)under the impression that mobbing would be a lot easier. (I didn't know about the new cast time)

Well I was totally wrong, before (with Sky Blow) I could happily sit in Nogg all day killing stuff - but now with LR I die to the first mob I come across while I'm waiting for it to cast. :bow:

..and for what, 2000 odd more damage that takes waaay longer to do?

Now I have the wonderful problem, do I buy 5 reset stones and go back to sky blow :dunno:
or do I wait in the hope that this will be fixed, and possibly be left with a hideously broken build if it isn't?

Edited by Arcturus7, 13 January 2012 - 06:19 PM.

#81 Mowi

Mowi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 367 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 16 January 2012 - 12:50 PM

Myself I'm waiting, but there's been no official response since the creation of these threads. :blah:

#82 Aeroku

Aeroku

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 07:53 AM

fairly sure they're waiting till the end of event woes (which honestly didn't really help in the testing of skills tbh)

#83 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 22 January 2012 - 02:47 PM

How much longer till we can safely believe this subforum to be bluff?
Till kRO starts doing more random changes on their own again? (then again that might never happen as kro didnt intend to do anything after this "balancing" round if it wasnt for other servers asking for more...)

#84 mikeberserkr

mikeberserkr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 571 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:52 PM

Rune Knight
Skill name: Aura Blade
Pre-patch times: -----
Post-patch times: -----

Why you would like to see this changed/changed back:

- i suggest to add a timer-icon to the side, just like other skills (like spear dynamo)
to help better time some skills/buffs; because these current power-ups do not have cool-down icons.... because its so hard to time some buffs/skills in the heat of a battle....

---------------------------------------------

Edited by mikeberserkr, 08 February 2012 - 05:53 PM.

#85 TheKraven

TheKraven

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1135 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Valk

Posted 11 March 2012 - 07:23 AM

Ranger

Skill name: Arrow Storm
Pre-patch times: Skill cooldown: 5.2-0.2(x per skill level) 3.2 at level 10
Post-patch times: 5.2-0.2(x skill level)-(4% per base level) so at 150 it`s 60% less cool down

Why you would like to see this changed/changed back?

Rangers have always been an excelling class in PvM but as we well know in terms of end-game viability PvM just doesn`t cut it for most people. I love WoE`ing with my favorite class the Ranger but I`m disappointed to see very few Rangers in a WoE setting due to it`s inability to deal good DPS and its squishyness. Our Warg which can be our ability to deal good DPS is unable to be used 80% of the times due to it`s inability to cross over non-pathatable cells.

This is why I`m proposing a decrease in the skills cooldown. Arrow Storm is a great skill but will tickle those with good gears in WoE mainly due to its 3.2 sec cooldown at level 10. A class with the inability to wear a shield should be given a powerful skill that can be spammable and this will balance the class greatly. Rune Knight`s have dragon breath and they have the ability to wear a shield and spam a powerful skill with the ability to ignore reductions. We should have similar DPS along with our squishyness to make us a more balanced class in WoE and give many Rangers an incentive to WoE again.

Edited by TheKraven, 11 March 2012 - 07:25 AM.

#86 Xander10

Xander10

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 04:14 PM

Maestro

Marionette Control
Pre Patch - INSTANT
Post Patch - NOT WORKING

Me and my friends were using this skill 2 or 3 weeks ago. Apparently, this week we noticed that it was not working anymore. Was this skill nerfed? Or is it just a bug?

#87 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 12 September 2015 - 05:26 PM

You bumped a 3 years old thread...

Also MC worked last I checked. What is your test data?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users