Check List: Steps For A Fast ET Run. - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 10 votes

Check List: Steps For A Fast ET Run.

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#1 Zinja

Zinja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2348 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 18 December 2011 - 11:22 PM

Sooo you have Done an ET run and have reached the 101 th floor. The Next Step is to Do this a lot more Quickly and efficiently.
You could Not have reached the 101th floor without knowing the very basic stuff in MVP'ing , So i am not going to elaborate on basics.

Saving Time is very Important , For the simple reason the quicker it is done the less chance you have of people getting bored or lose attention or leaving mid way due to real life stuff. One thing to understand is that most of the times all the members in your party may not be in the same timezone. Hence few minutes late for you in on a Sunday evening might be a few minutes late to office for an other. Or a few minutes into sleep mid run as it is too late for some people.

Remember : Sleeping/AFK/left members = fail run.

This Informative Check List will cover 6 Major Areas To Optimize your ET run.
1. Supplies
2. Gears
3. Essential Class
4. Roles of these essential classes.
5. Vent / In game Chat Display Settings
6. MVP strategies an important area where you can save a lot of time.

1. Supplies

1. Slims
2. Strawberries
3. Ygg seeds
4. gums
5. Ygg leaf
6. Panacea
7. Holy water
8. HP increase Potion.
9. Med Life Regen potion
10. class specific supplies of Bombs/cannon balls , FCP .
11. Tokens ( nice to have if every one gets wiped )

2. Gears

1. Pasana Armor / wind to switch on LOV o valk/bapho.
2. Horn valk shield or hell shield for members except tanker ( tanker will have royal shield or racial shields.)
3. Nightmare carded and deviruchi carded head gear combo. ( mid/top)
4. Alligator clips/kafra blossom.
5. Merc Scrolls.

3. Essential Classes

1. Sura -tank
2 Genetic -bomber / Storage And Loot Picker
3. RK- Bee/naught killers
4. Stringer
5. AB
Any Additional Killer/Support Class is on party discretion and kinship .

4. Roles of These Essential Classes.

1. sura - tanker and first one ahed.and killer of small fry.
2. RK - For most part stay behind sura tank ( where needed) and kill efficiently and quickly the mobs
3. Genetic - Cart cannon the mobs and Kill mvp. Pick and Store Loots in Carts
4. Stringer - > Be sure to switch between Lutie and Strings to keep the RK hp up while killing bee,naught. Watch if any of the main killer is lagging/slacking/sleeping and Kill stray's.
5. AB- > default antisleep/ anti blind and keep the buffs up on the party at all times, Assumptio all members for Ifrit . USE Strawberries(sp items) to recover sp quickly when low to keep the buffs / sacrament up and spam heal when needed to save life's . Mostly lex and keep pneuma up. prioritize to ress the tank first. ramus/agnus FTW its great if you have it in build .

5. Vent / In game Chat Display Settings

1. All members must be on vent .
2. One leader speaking to cordinate and keep ress priority in check.
3. ingame chat display set to display/item pick with rest disabled to log loots.

more importantly

6. MVP strategies

Beelze: DB spam off/edge of screen. While Sura with revit and MS, afks with a med life regen pot
Entwein: Kill first thorny then db the annoying healers in front of him, pnumea and fist or bomb, line up away from magic ones if killing from afar
Naught: Use RoR on sura and beelze method, you dont need to be off screen for naught and ez'd

Randgris - split her from her mob and she's dead in under 10 secs.

Ifrit - MS tank him and bomb him, the moment his hp drops to around 2.9M he will start casting EQ every 15 secs. Meaning your party has time to get offscreen while the MS sura tanks him (I recommend to run on the 12th sec), once EQ is done, bomb him again. Rinse and repeat the 15 sec process and he's dead in no time.

Bee- MS tank him, PD gears on sura helps and regeneration pots + life potion on sura helps you saves tons of pots. DB + strings till he's dead. It is highly recommended for the RK and AB to bring nightmare carded headgear, else they will suck on bee.

Naght - Same with bee.

Eintwein - pneuma+snap+lex+gfist dead in under 10 sec (oh well 10 secs is impossible now since suras have 10 sec sp delay :) ). If your sura is having difficulty with this let your RK equip acolyte(erendee card) accessory and let him go near eintwein first then sura goes snap+pneuma+lex+gfist. Do not bother killing the thorns they eat alot of time.

Randgris - Have Sura use MS and stand there. Have someone arrgo the randgris, run pass sura, dump randgris on sura. Lex bomb, dead in 5-10 seconds.

Ifrit - Have Sura use MS and arrgo Ifrit. Make sure Sura is FCPed. Party comes and starts lex bombing. Absolutely need fire armor for this. try to aim bomb as far away as possible. When you see it starts casting EQ, move off screen.

Bee - Sura tanks. Have party stand back and cast dragon breathe as far away as possible. If you do this correctly Your stringer will not get hit by evil land. As well the Ab will only need to cast 1 pneuma. Plaster's shield and anti sleep headgear highly recommended.

Ent - Used to just have Sura snap in and kill it by himself with like 20-25 ales. But now with the gfist change. I recommend having sura snap up close to the mvp and go into mental strength. He will dispell you from time to time, so I recommend you to stay sharp and you possibly might have to pot a few seeds while reMSing. Rest of the part will approach afterwards and lex bomb it.

Naight - Same strategy as Bee. Besides Sura, using unfrozens is highly recommend here.

What we do for Entweihen is: One Sura tanks all the thorns at the same time with MS and spams pots like no tomorrow to recast MS each time he gets dispelled. At the same time, our AB keeps the MVP lexed while the 2nd Sura (that's me) casts Pneuma where he wants to Snap and snaps in to fist the MVP. Dies in 2-3 lexed fists (only 2.4mil HP), maybe more depending on your gear.

You could probably even cut out the tanking Sura and just have one snapfisting in and out (with some deaths and Siegfried tokens now thanks to the SP item delay).

P.S : This is a Work In Progress with Additions Open for key points , Area's.

Edited by Zinja, 21 December 2011 - 09:23 AM.

#2 sakurawings1

sakurawings1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON
  • Server:Chaos -> Ymir -> Chaos

Posted 18 December 2011 - 11:53 PM

it took us 3 ppl to get to floor 90. we were 125-, and the only reason we didnt go on its cuz we didnt have a GTB and got lazy with valk , no vent or skype. i dont think its too hard to plan a succesuful ET, i think some ppl can even solo o.o

#3 Zinja

Zinja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2348 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 12:08 AM

Proper planing is the difference between finishing it in an hour vs finishing it in 4 hours or your timer running out near the end. Time being an important factor. And the availability of key people being another. when you are doing number of ET runs. and are exposed with new people on every other run , a check list of sorts would help to give proper direction and ensure in part some essential's .

#4 Zinja

Zinja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2348 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 12:17 AM

Im not buyin that 125-

We go to ET with a full squad 2AB 2 RK 1String 2Sura Mechanic and two bombers and RG for the hell of it not to mention most if not all 150.and ventrillo EVEN THEN sometimes we cut it close at floor 101

yeah i have seen this too many times in the many parties i have been.
Problems :
1 lack of cordination. more people talking and not letting a single vent leader direct and cordinate.
2. ab having to heal /ress a lot more members because they arent properly geared/supplied . which inturn effects their lexing and pneuma when needed.
3. Delays of people leaving on/off between due to dc or respawn or restocking.
4. Not having proper gear/supplies
Its the little things that each member does that addds up to the over all time. I have heard of pro people finish ET run in an hour. Surely I have yet to see hear of this without the use of any godlies or mvp cards. But i assumed a large part would play on the proper planing

Edited by Zinja, 19 December 2011 - 12:18 AM.

#5 radiogaga

radiogaga

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 12:17 AM

Couple things I'd add:

-glistening coats for fcp
-long horn for aco classes for ranged reduction
-water armor for drake's waterball
-holy valk armor for tanking Randgris

Edited by radiogaga, 19 December 2011 - 12:17 AM.

#6 Zinja

Zinja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2348 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 12:23 AM

Couple things I'd add:

-glistening coats for fcp
-long horn for aco classes for ranged reduction
-water armor for drake's waterball
-holy valk armor for tanking Randgris

aco class in ET run
1. sura tank -> is probably the one tanking the mvp.does it work for eq and such when he is tanking?
2. ab - > would be better with good healing wand ( glorious/bg/high+ etc)

Holy valk on sura and the rk serve pretty well. Rk to run up ahed take its dispell and drop it on the sura. Is there any better strategy for valk?

#7 IronFist

IronFist

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1547 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand, Beach
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 December 2011 - 12:53 AM

Swap out the RK with a RG
youll be amazed how tank your party is with a sac RG

#8 Leonis1

Leonis1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 685 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 19 December 2011 - 12:55 AM

My plan for valk? Dont die :) But yeah i tank her on my RG while my buddy bombs. Just the two of us can get up to valk in 90 mins or so and thats with him taking the time to walk his sorc up to kill ESL.

#9 kiddomaddo

kiddomaddo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 01:11 AM

Hello,

We do RK+sura+AB+alt stringer.

Complete ET in under 2 hours with a coupke of small breaks.

#10 Kevin

Kevin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 01:32 AM

Hello,

Is this still the setup even after balance?

#11 Zinja

Zinja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2348 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 01:40 AM

Does it make you wonder if CL warlock in strings will Out DPS the hp nerfed db nerfed rk?

#12 kiddomaddo

kiddomaddo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 02:37 AM

I shall find that out tonight or tomorrow. But honestly the only major problem I see with this set up is the floor 100 mvp. But I do think it can be done, though it will take longer no doubt.

#13 Chipotle

Chipotle

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1146 posts
  • LocationProntera back alley
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 19 December 2011 - 02:53 AM

With clashing spiral nerfed, used RCS as the new gloomy cs?:)

#14 Zinja

Zinja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2348 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 03:08 AM

With clashing spiral nerfed, used RCS as the new gloomy cs?:)

Sounds good. I think that would be the best thing to do for a gx in an ET run.

#15 Takayukes

Takayukes

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 03:31 AM

Hello,

so how much supplies do you burn through when your sura armors get broken/stripped while tanking higher tier mvps.

#16 Zinja

Zinja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2348 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 03:34 AM

so how much supplies do you burn through when your sura armors get broken/stripped while tanking higher tier mvps.

Its safe to assume such groups are fully decked with gods/gtb/mvp cards.

#17 Takayukes

Takayukes

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 04:51 AM

Its safe to assume such groups are fully decked with gods/gtb/mvp cards.

So you are saying gtb and other mvp carded equipment is not breakable/strip?

#18 kiddomaddo

kiddomaddo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 05:33 AM

The trick is to kill them fast. I generally tank all the MvPs on the RK while the sura gfists them. A lexed gfist with just a brynhild and a good weapon deals about 1m damage. The sura tanks the beezlebub and the naght seiger for the RK to DB kill on strings. Killing the MvPs with a clashing spiral is time consuming. So it doesn't cost too many supplies tanking the higher tier MvPs. I generally use ranked slim pots with the pot enhancing rune with a few ygg seeds for when the earthquake hits.

#19 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 19 December 2011 - 06:14 AM

I doubt Warlock's the way to go for clearing mobs now because their AoEs aren't full screen anymore.

#20 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 19 December 2011 - 07:15 AM

DB RKs on strings are still faster than CR Warlocks. You overestimate the nerf from the HP pool. Wait a second, are you talking about CL as in Chain Lightning or CR as in Crimson Rock? Can't tell if you made a typo there, because Chain Lightning would be dumb for MVP's like Beelz or Naught.

#21 Streetfighta

Streetfighta

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 07:19 AM

Step 1: Bring 2-3 Suras, 2-3 RKs, 2 ABs & 1 Maestro.
Step 2: ???
Step 3: Profit.

#22 viceroyblue

viceroyblue

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 08:40 AM

Step 1: Bring 2-3 Suras, 2-3 RKs, 2 ABs & 1 Maestro.
Step 2: ???
Step 3: Profit.

That's lame income per person man. Not worth the time you spent for ET.

#23 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 December 2011 - 09:07 AM

Can be done with just a Sura, RK and Strings(having an AB that can alt strings is nice). We do ET in about 45-50mins in Valk with 3-4 man parties in about 1.5hrs.

#24 Astraeos

Astraeos

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 666 posts
  • LocationMars

Posted 19 December 2011 - 09:48 AM

magic on beelze in general is retarded... magic mirror is gonna get you one shotted everytime

4 man'd with Genetic, Sura, RK, AB and dual'd strings. Takes an hour.

Ifrit: FCP sura and bomb, or solo wit gtb and revit on either char. He dies in like 10 seconds either way
Valk: Same thing. Dies even faster then Ifrit
Beelze: DB spam off/edge of screen. While Sura with revit and MS, afks with a med life regen pot
Entwein: Kill first thorny then db the annoying healers in front of him, pnumea and fist or bomb, line up away from magic ones if killing from afar
Naught: Use RoR on sura and beelze method, you dont need to be off screen for naught and ez'd

next time i go with a large group ill test out dif set ups with unusual classes

#25 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 19 December 2011 - 09:52 AM

I need to find out what strategies you guys are using for entwein... cause our party spends maybe 1 hr getting to floor 100, then we spend forever on killing thorns. :/ Entwein itself dies fast to acid bomb, but killing enough thorns to get in throwing distance of entwein takes a while. We usually finish the whole thing around 2.5-3 hours.

Edited by Jaye, 19 December 2011 - 09:53 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users