Check List: Steps For A Fast ET Run. - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 10 votes

Check List: Steps For A Fast ET Run.

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#26 Mayhem

Mayhem

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 890 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 19 December 2011 - 09:53 AM

You forgot Sorc for sp.

#27 sakurawings1

sakurawings1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON
  • Server:Chaos -> Ymir -> Chaos

Posted 19 December 2011 - 10:04 AM

@WateryGrave maybe you guys are just bad 0.o, honestly it was a 123 sura, 106 genetic and a 104 AB, doesnt take much to kill most mvps... i think the only hard one would be bee, but thats just us. and yeah vent would be much better but at least we dont need it, guess we just that good 8D but yeah i agree its better and never hurts, ill record it one day and show its not that hard with bombs, heal/pheuma/buffs and tank.

#28 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:59 AM

Huh, I kept saying I should write a guide on this. I'll contribute but the OP will ignore any input I say / call me elitist - so lets see if my advice falls on biased ears or not.

But anyway, CL on mvps is retarded, it doesn't focus fire and switches to the mob... why on EARTH would anyone ever consider that?!

• All you need is a MS tank, fister/bomber, some way of recovering SP (berries or a sorc or blues, take your pick), an AB and an RK (A strings is a want, not a need.). Any armor breaks can actually be fixed by mailing them to an alt and running up the tower on said alt whilst still progressing - although FCP is ideal, because strip is annoying.
  • Take kafra cards and tokens, you'll hate yourself if you don't. I don't think I've had to token in the last year in ET, but the one time you don't take them....
  • DB and acid bomb is the best combo for entwein.
  • If you're tanking an mvp and you don't have a brynhild/elite gear, tank it in a corner / against a wall so that you can't get knocked back.
  • Move slowly through MVP rooms so that you don't get MVPs on you when you're not set up correctly.
  • Take time to have open this page : http://irowiki.org/wiki/Endless_Tower
  • This way, you'll be able to put on your correct armors the floor before. Hit the MVPs database link in the list so you can see what skills it has. Over time you will learn which skills and set ups you will need.
  • Such as if they have Hell's judgement, you will need pneuma, one pnuema can cover 9 people. Knowing before you go in makes the entire run super smooth.
  • If you're a sura, learn the mvp skills and cooldowns, a good example is Atroce.
  • http://db.irowiki.org/db/monster-skill/1785/
  • You can see here that he has a 20% chance to use pulse strike every 30 seconds. Go in for the fist AFTER he uses it, or you are likely to get hit by it and die mid fist. These things are important.
  • If you're an AB, learn what resistance gears you will need. Take a second AB and keep it off screen for earthquaking MVPs if you don't have the gear to survive it. Make sure everyone especially ABs, takes SP items and cure items. - you can't rely on the sorc when beez is SP draining, you can't always rely on the priest to instantly cure you of a status.
Knowing the monsters is really the only thing you can do to smooth out a run. Nothing I've said here requires any godly or MVP gear. Knowing little things like pnuema blocking Pulse strike at range can make all the difference.

Well, I'm doing ET later I think.

#29 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 December 2011 - 12:08 PM

Entwein can be taken out by a single sura in under 1 minute if they're worth the pixels on their character.

#30 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 19 December 2011 - 12:10 PM

I think the problem we have is the thorns rape without pneuma and Entwein rapes without ME, so the two conflict. So we kill enough thorns in the immediate area with Dragon's Breath and Hundred Spears so that we can just tank Entwein on Mangetic Earth while bombing it. Entwein itself dies really fast this way. But the thorns have like 5m HP, killing them with dragons breath takes forever.

We tried taking them out with a Sura on Friday, but with the 10 second SP penalty, it just felt extremely slow. We don't have god items, so the lexed gfists were around 400k instead of the 1m range. With 10+ second delay between fists we're easily spending 30+ minutes killing thorns.

Edited by Jaye, 19 December 2011 - 12:12 PM.

#31 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 19 December 2011 - 12:23 PM

I think the problem we have is the thorns rape without pneuma and Entwein rapes without ME, so the two conflict. So we kill enough thorns in the immediate area with Dragon's Breath and Hundred Spears so that we can just tank Entwein on Mangetic Earth while bombing it. Entwein itself dies really fast this way. But the thorns have like 5m HP, killing them with dragons breath takes forever.

We tried taking them out with a Sura on Friday, but with the 10 second SP penalty, it just felt extremely slow. We don't have god items, so the lexed gfists were around 400k instead of the 1m range. With 10+ second delay between fists we're easily spending 30+ minutes killing thorns.

Sura is just supplimentary damage to the RK killing anway, yeah it takes a long time, it always does.

Are you targetting down the Thorns of Purity first? If there's no magic thorns left btw, there's comedy option 100% fire reistance gear for dealing with his Meteor storm in place of ME.

#32 Streetfighta

Streetfighta

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 03:19 PM

What we do for Entweihen is: One Sura tanks all the thorns at the same time with MS and spams pots like no tomorrow to recast MS each time he gets dispelled. At the same time, our AB keeps the MVP lexed while the 2nd Sura (that's me) casts Pneuma where he wants to Snap and snaps in to fist the MVP. Dies in 2-3 lexed fists (only 2.4mil HP), maybe more depending on your gear.

You could probably even cut out the tanking Sura and just have one snapfisting in and out (with some deaths and Siegfried tokens now thanks to the SP item delay).

#33 Zinja

Zinja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2348 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 19 December 2011 - 10:28 PM

magic on beelze in general is retarded... magic mirror is gonna get you one shotted everytime

level 1 and 20% chance to reflect magic damage for 30 seconds. I assumed that would get over once the skill has successfully reflected and it reflects back only on the caster. is this not the case? or does it have it like an active buff for as long as its living.... that would be a problem indeed.

med life regen pot does it stack with renevatio ? it assume its one of the must have's for a sura.

Edited by Zinja, 19 December 2011 - 11:03 PM.

#34 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:12 PM

Hey lets talk about making ET faster and smoother whilst using an extremely ineffective, bad tactic that only someone with a questionable state of mind would use and will do very little damage and kill the warlock over and over and over lolololoololol and then insult people who do it in and hour some and tell them they're doing it wrong.

/elitist.

Edited by Xellie, 19 December 2011 - 11:20 PM.

#35 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:20 PM

Beez has over 250 MDEF and uses magic mirror. You are not going to be able to use chain lightning in a satisfactory way.

#36 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:22 PM

Xellie let's tone down the sarcasm and be a little more constructive

#37 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:24 PM

requesting IQ test / some kind of competancy test for people who post guides.

don't waste the communities time with this crap, seriously >_< Either post serious effective suggestions and strategies that genuinely help people, but please don't troll the newer players by telling them to use magic that doesn't target a single monsters against a high mdef monster with magic mirror.

Ressing someone repeatedly is NOT an effective method to killing anything.

#38 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:39 PM

Okie dokie, you both made your points.

Posted Image

Zinja please try to consider alternative opinions, reason being that some people have better ways than others on the approach to ET.

Xellie your zealous attitude is appreciated in making sure incorrect information isn't spread among the population but please dial it back just a bit.

The point being made about bee is something that is constructive, could have been stated better but I would advice you to take the advice of well experienced ET go'ers if you want your guide to be the best it can be. Not all opinions given are insulting or derailing.

Edited by Inubashiri, 19 December 2011 - 11:39 PM.

#39 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:43 PM

I see captain baldy and raise you Angry Riker

Edited by Xellie, 19 December 2011 - 11:46 PM.

#40 Zinja

Zinja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2348 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:46 PM

Inubashiri I am indeed considering the alternative opinions This is the purpose of me posting this thread. To gather good advice/tips . I am not for forcing opinions down peoples throats. I have not stated or claimed that a certain way is the only and the best way bar none.

I have not stated in the first post that a warlock has to be used for killing bee but i was exploring the option given the balance patch changes. and was looking at it through a discussion. i had come to understand that the magic mirror skill is an active buff through out.

Im just trying to compile good advice and make a checklist for a fast et run. It is my genuine intention that this be a useful checklist .

#41 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:52 PM

^ Made me lol. Seriously have you TRIED to kill beez with chain lightning? Not only will you end up just killing his mob, you will also do real low damage. It has like 250 MDEF. Even tetra vortex won't do good damage on it.

#42 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:58 PM

Inubashiri I am indeed considering the alternative opinions This is the purpose of me posting this thread. To gather good advice/tips . I am not for forcing opinions down peoples throats. I have not stated or claimed that a certain way is the only and the best way bar none.

I have not stated in the first post that a warlock has to be used for killing bee but i was exploring the option given the balance patch changes. and was looking at it through a discussion. i had come to understand that the magic mirror skill is an active buff through out.

Im just trying to compile good advice and make a checklist for a fast et run. It is my genuine intention that this be a useful checklist .

A completely serious, non aggressive, zero sarcasm question follows this statement.

If you actually haven't tried these strats, or need to ask for opinions or advice, do you not think it would be better to be asking for said advice / a guide from an experienced ET goer?

I'm willing to write a guide and I can supply my credentials. But if I was reading a guide from someone else, you know, I'd kinda like to know they have the experiences required for me to learn from.

Again, no offense or anything, I see you're trying to help people, but at the same time, I'm not sure of this as a good method until you have ET methodology down.... They say help yourself in order to be able to help others. Well in RO that holds true to guide writing, mvp and levelling advice, etc.

#43 Zinja

Zinja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2348 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:58 PM

^ Made me lol. Seriously have you TRIED to kill beez with chain lightning? Not only will you end up just killing his mob, you will also do real low damage. It has like 250 MDEF. Even tetra vortex won't do good damage on it.

i actually haven't but i am thankful that you have told me. What other Alternate Killer to an RK can we use to kill bee/naught.

Edit:
Actually I do believe Tetra Vortex will do comparable damage to an RK's dragon breath atm you can check the iro stat calc. But the problem being the constant reflecting of this damage in strings .

Edited by Zinja, 20 December 2011 - 02:49 AM.

#44 Zinja

Zinja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2348 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 01:49 AM

4 man'd with Genetic, Sura, RK, AB and dual'd strings. Takes an hour.

But Can you do the 4 man without MVP cards and GOD items In an Hour?

#45 Carp

Carp

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 02:40 AM

^ Yes. best tip for ET: You must not suck. You must not bring a warlock, they suck at ET.

#46 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 20 December 2011 - 02:47 AM

^ Yes. best tip for ET: You must not suck. You must not bring a warlock, they suck at ET.

Oooooooooh so very this.

Any player can open up the wiki database and research all the skills and figure it out from there.

#47 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 20 December 2011 - 02:50 AM

Laughing at whoever downrepped this post, since it's completely true and they probably don't understand RO mechanics.

#48 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 02:53 AM

Laughing at whoever downrepped this post, since it's completely true and they probably don't understand RO mechanics.

You realize you can click and see who did it, right? Would answer your question quite well. :P

#49 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 20 December 2011 - 02:58 AM

You realize you can click and see who did it, right? Would answer your question quite well. :P

Oh lol, forgot.

Well I creditted her with a bit more smartness in understanding MDEF vs magic and crap, so I didn't expect that :blaugh:

#50 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 20 December 2011 - 03:04 AM

I did it because it's nothing but you and Hrishi backing each other up against Zinja...
No need to tell the truth in that tone, and as a volunteer I would expect better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users