My Experience As Reflect Auto Cast Royal Guard After The Patch - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * - - - 3 votes

My Experience As Reflect Auto Cast Royal Guard After The Patch

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#1 Ariex

Ariex

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 271 posts
  • LocationSouth Korea
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 22 December 2011 - 01:49 AM

After the implementation of the balance patch, numerous Royal Guards such as myself seems to not bothered or prioritze usage of Reflect skill since it has been nerfed down to when you can only reflect 50 hits and chance/damage increases as you level the skill more. Thanks for the event turn ins, I finally able to put the newly nerfed Reflect skill against Scaraba monsters and here's what I have observed:

SP Drainage

Before the patch - my Reflect skill barely eats my SP even if I have this skill activated for 1 minute.
After the patch - constantly drains SP even if theres no aggressive monster at 1 minute duration.

Lower Chances of Autocasting Skills - since now they Implemented the chances of what you can reflect, it lowers the chance of autocasting.

More Damage Received- if your Reflect is at max level, you can reflect the hits at 80% chance which means that 20% can be a pain.

Before the patch, my Royal Guard can solo Scarabas and barely even using pots because of Ring of Ressonance and Medium Life Potion but now, I have to constantly heal myself using potions. I'm also aware that the monsters are stronger now than it was before.

Reflect build is a dead build now but I'm keeping mine as it is for now. It is very challenging now to level this type of build and I like it very much since it keeps me active at all times.

I would like to hear your thoughts about this new update (My fellow Autocast Royal Guards).

Edited by Ariex, 22 December 2011 - 01:51 AM.

#2 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Loki Champ & Chaos RG

Posted 22 December 2011 - 02:17 AM

What sucks is they nerfed range and magic atks to get reflected (though I'm fine with 50 hits limit w/reflect chances and only melee atks), this skill became lame and like almost same as the Shield Reflect Skill, now I just use this to scare Suras attempting their suicidal G. Fist, but for PVM... -_-

Overbrand all the way til 150... :thumb:

Edited by HayrohsLegacy, 22 December 2011 - 02:21 AM.

#3 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 22 December 2011 - 02:24 AM

Reflect and reflect auto cast builds have always been for noobs. Time to upgrade and learn how to use overbrand.

#4 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan

Posted 22 December 2011 - 02:27 AM

I even went 120>135 mobbing Rachel Isillas & Vanberks then went 150 at Bio 2 last year, reflect was bad for me since LAG, I can't dual w/linkers and going back and fort sucks. (My RG did pure grinding coz Gramps wasnt around last year)

RWH>mob>OB>F.Wing>repeat = easy 150 -_-

Edited by HayrohsLegacy, 22 December 2011 - 02:28 AM.

#5 Ariex

Ariex

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 271 posts
  • LocationSouth Korea

Posted 22 December 2011 - 02:36 AM

Reflect and reflect auto cast builds have always been for noobs. Time to upgrade and learn how to use overbrand.

I had used both methods but to me autocast is more fun to level.

#6 Leonis1

Leonis1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 685 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 22 December 2011 - 03:09 AM

Reflect was never fun to level. I almost died from boredom cause i was alt tabbed.

#7 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan

Posted 22 December 2011 - 03:11 AM

Reflect is one of the most epic skills I had before for MVP-ing, sad can't be insane RG anymore -_-

Edited by HayrohsLegacy, 22 December 2011 - 03:12 AM.

#8 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 22 December 2011 - 03:14 AM

People just havent tried the full autocast build.
But balance patch made reflect leveling impossible at higher levels... well really it's just a pain in the butt now and isn't worth even considering a build anymore.
So it's a side skill you learn with OB to deal some extra damage and that's about it.

The kaahi build was something i never tried.

Edited by Okii, 22 December 2011 - 03:14 AM.

#9 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan

Posted 22 December 2011 - 03:16 AM

I had fun trolling WOE w/RoR+RoFL auto-spells and Elem sword auto-bolts, killing 150s around reflect range = epic fun -_-

And what really made it OP is stacking w/Kaahi... :thumb:

Edited by HayrohsLegacy, 22 December 2011 - 03:17 AM.

#10 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 03:24 AM

Its not the balance patch that would have killed it, its probably the much higher damage your taking now. Also if your using potions OP, that sounds like your not using kaahi (if your relying on RoR + pots ugh) thats a horribly slow way to reflect level.

Having said that, it shouldnt be much different provided you are *NOT* using 2ndary forms of reflect like valk mant. reason being as soon as RD goes down, all your autocasts will stop allowing you to recast RD without a problem. At worst you might have to wear some reduction gear and use a lower level of kaahi to account for less SP from autocasts and RD.

I'll poke around scarabs on my RG tomorrow and see whats what down there with RD.

Edited by Hrothmund, 22 December 2011 - 03:25 AM.

#11 Nitro

Nitro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1325 posts
  • Server:Nothing

Posted 22 December 2011 - 03:27 AM

I really hope they remove the limit on the number of reflects. I'd be ok with all but that.

#12 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI

Posted 22 December 2011 - 03:31 AM

^

#13 Ariex

Ariex

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 271 posts
  • LocationSouth Korea

Posted 22 December 2011 - 04:41 AM

Its not the balance patch that would have killed it, its probably the much higher damage your taking now. Also if your using potions OP, that sounds like your not using kaahi (if your relying on RoR + pots ugh) thats a horribly slow way to reflect level.

Having said that, it shouldnt be much different provided you are *NOT* using 2ndary forms of reflect like valk mant. reason being as soon as RD goes down, all your autocasts will stop allowing you to recast RD without a problem. At worst you might have to wear some reduction gear and use a lower level of kaahi to account for less SP from autocasts and RD.

I'll poke around scarabs on my RG tomorrow and see whats what down there with RD.

I carried potions for emergencies but before the patch having medium potions and RoR are enough for me to regen my hp while tanking huge mob to the point that I don't need kahii anymore.

By the way, my gears are setup for autocast build and I don't use balk manteau.

#14 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI

Posted 22 December 2011 - 05:29 AM

I was one of the people that PMd my build/gears to Oda to get this skill changed
but the way kRO changed the skill, it makes it useless as a full on build.
I just wanted some gears changed so that they would not work with reflect.

Edited by Resplendent, 22 December 2011 - 06:28 PM.
removing refs to deleted post

#15 Nitro

Nitro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1325 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 05:51 AM

I carried potions for emergencies but before the patch having medium potions and RoR are enough for me to regen my hp while tanking huge mob to the point that I don't need kahii anymore.

By the way, my gears are setup for autocast build and I don't use balk manteau.

Voted you down by accident.

Seriously, I main a GX and alt an RG. I have extreme dislike for the Reflect Damage going down in combat before its full duration. I don't mind the SP cost, or the fact it only reflects melee now... I just want the skill to be more fun again and able to reflect unlimited melee attacks.

#16 lainee

lainee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 729 posts
  • LocationOceanic Eternity

Posted 22 December 2011 - 05:51 AM

it makes it useless as a full on build.

While Budd is not showing a lot of tact, to be honest I don't think kRO ever intended for reflect to be used as the main basis for a leveling build, they certainly didn't intend for the Kaahi abuse either. Unfortunately the current batch of kRO devs who developed Renewal (and are still there now) know a lot less about the game than the player base, hence things like this slipped through.

#17 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan

Posted 22 December 2011 - 05:54 AM

Anyways theres no point to QQ now that its nerfed... I remember jRO just disabled this for PVM so ppl wouldnt be abusing it for leveling...

But imo, at least they should bring back the reflect dmg from range & magic and stay at 50 hits limit AOE, and dont let Kaahi and Auto-Spells stack with it, RG's should be plainly reflecting dmg as defensive skill and semi-offense, not be auto-spell caster like the old Pre-Renewal Sages, well thats how I thought about balancing it -_-

Edited by HayrohsLegacy, 22 December 2011 - 05:55 AM.

#18 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan

Posted 22 December 2011 - 05:56 AM

Voted you down by accident.

Seriously, I main a GX and alt an RG. I have extreme dislike for the Reflect Damage going down in combat before its full duration. I don't mind the SP cost, or the fact it only reflects melee now... I just want the skill to be more fun again and able to reflect unlimited melee attacks.

Reflect unlimited melee attacks? Use that Shield Reflect, the non-3rd class one skill -_-

Actually I'm planning to do it Max 10 (also reflects by 100% though its not AOE) on my RG so I wont be bothering re-casting reflect, coz I'm only into scaring away Suras w/their G. Fists. But RD works for me too in WOE when crit DPS GXs & Stormblast RKs kill their own guildies w/reflected AOE, but its hard to time when to use your 50-hits & reflect by chance.

Edited by HayrohsLegacy, 22 December 2011 - 06:26 AM.

#19 Ariex

Ariex

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 271 posts
  • LocationSouth Korea

Posted 22 December 2011 - 05:58 AM

Can you elaborate more how reflect skill is an abuse skill?

#20 Nitro

Nitro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1325 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 05:59 AM

Unlimited melee attacks? Use that Shield Reflect, the non-3rd class one skill -_-

Hmm... I was just looking at it in game at the Mummy turn-in. I do like the AoE of the "advanced" version though. Too bad it goes down faster than the old one. It's kinda starting to make my gryphon angry too... you won't like the big bird when it's angry!

#21 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan

Posted 22 December 2011 - 06:01 AM

They say abuse as from what I've seen so far; You run into maps "alone" auto-casting while reflecting, ppl passing near you gets a hell of lag w/animations and they may get DC-ed, then like most ppl say "RO shouldn't be a 1 player-base game" coz RG would not need a Party with this kind of leveling method, that's why ppl call it fastest leveler in-game since Renewal, lastly "Mob training" too was an issue.

Edited by HayrohsLegacy, 22 December 2011 - 06:05 AM.

#22 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 06:55 AM

Not exactly 'skill abuse', but reflect damage did negatively affect other players.

Due to the exponential increase in hits with every mob, you stress the map server a bit, and lag people who walk around you a lot. It is really not nice walking around a reflecting royal guard lagging people. I would be perfectly fine with people reflecting if it didn't affect anyone, but as I saw it, it was no good. I remember the few times I would backslide with my gathered mob of monsters into range of a laggish royal guard, with so many monsters that my poor laptop would freeze and I would die. Overbrand is still there, and I'm glad to see a lot less or none reflect lagging guards.

Edited by Kadnya, 22 December 2011 - 06:59 AM.

#23 Ariex

Ariex

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 271 posts
  • LocationSouth Korea

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:07 AM

Yeah whenever I saw a party I fly wing or teleport so I don't inconvenience anyone.

#24 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:32 AM

I miss being immortal on my RG with that awesome St. Patrick Hat +7. I could tank Beelzebub all day without using Pots. -_-

Also, LOL @ Reflect lagging people. I got a dozen of complaints when I was grinding at Odin's Shrine and Cursed Monastery with it.

#25 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:33 AM

I miss being immortal on my RG with that awesome St. Patrick Hat +7. I could tank Beelzebub all day without using Pots. -_-

Also, LOL @ Reflect lagging people. I got a dozen of complaints when I was grinding at Odin's Shrine and Cursed Monastery with it.

And people stop and go... are you using cheats!?!

hahahaha... then they d/c qq

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users