My Experience As Reflect Auto Cast Royal Guard After The Patch - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * - - - 3 votes

My Experience As Reflect Auto Cast Royal Guard After The Patch

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#26 Shiroi17

Shiroi17

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 875 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:40 AM

I never had lag issues watching people level like that O.o

#27 Ariex

Ariex

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 271 posts
  • LocationSouth Korea
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 22 December 2011 - 08:34 AM

And people stop and go... are you using cheats!?!

hahahaha... then they d/c qq

Posted Image

Yeah people told me I hacked the game and using third party program...

#28 DarkDan

DarkDan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1280 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 22 December 2011 - 08:44 AM

I am glad I got my RG to 150/50 before this balance. Same goes for my Sura(LR nerf). I loved using reflect. I used it until the late 130's range and noticed the exp wasn't really there at that point. I had good demi gear so I switched to overbrand in bio 2 until i finished.

I wished I would of got in on some of that mvp fun Hayroh posted. Never tried that.

#29 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 22 December 2011 - 08:56 AM

I am glad I got my RG to 150/50 before this balance. Same goes for my Sura(LR nerf). I loved using reflect. I used it until the late 130's range and noticed the exp wasn't really there at that point. I had good demi gear so I switched to overbrand in bio 2 until i finished.

I wished I would of got in on some of that mvp fun Hayroh posted. Never tried that.

When they gave St. Patrick +7 hat with 10% HP/SP recov chance, Reflect Damage was so much faster than Overbrand (you don't have to worry about pots too).

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 22 December 2011 - 08:56 AM.

#30 KataiKou

KataiKou

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 12:13 PM

Basically, the balance patch eliminated a niche build for RGs completely (I can't even use my Triple Poring Hat on my RG anymore because Greed prevents me from recasting Reflect Damage). Basically, at this point, we're locked into an Overbrand build, and there's no deviation from that.

I don't even know why they bother letting us allocate points and skills when there's only one good build.

#31 Anko

Anko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 01:07 PM

It was certainly a fun build and i really enjoyed 150ing my RG that way. With turn ins i found maps like abyss were perma empty and i could mob the whole map up.

#32 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 December 2011 - 01:19 PM

Basically, the balance patch eliminated a niche build for RGs completely (I can't even use my Triple Poring Hat on my RG anymore because Greed prevents me from recasting Reflect Damage). Basically, at this point, we're locked into an Overbrand build, and there's no deviation from that.

I don't even know why they bother letting us allocate points and skills when there's only one good build.

Welcome to archbishops world, where more than half of your points go to prerequisites to get your one new useful buff, then the other half goes to prerequisites to get your one new recovery.

#33 eatMagnetic

eatMagnetic

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • LocationGermany (Freiburg)
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 22 December 2011 - 01:24 PM

^
all what these guys said.

Now, RWH/Nid really becomes essential to be able to mob. I wouldn't know what I would do without. Maybe single kill monsters lol?
As Overbrand can be really tough regarding position bugs etc. even a little mob can kill you :/

I liked lvling with RD - but i also love to OB :angry: !! => dbl Dragoon Gae Bolg + RWH/Nid and Shield Spell 3 => One OB to kill Ferus => profit! (I have to use pots, thats the backdraw for using OB to lvl :/)

#34 Kagrra

Kagrra

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 02:11 PM

I miss my RG's build before the patch. RD/OB hybrid and I was working on getting auto-cast gears. :< I usually didn't Reflect level much after 121, but I did it when I had problems getting into parties or during EXP events.
I never had anyone lag around my RG reflecting during the last AL3 turn in. In fact, I actually had a party following me and KSing most of the mobs I had. :angry: The most I miss about reflect leveling is just the ability to do mobby turn ins when parties rejected my RG.

I wouldn't mind the limitation on the amounts of reflects we can do, but the rest just seems like overkill. Now if we want to kill, it almost seems like we're forced into OB builds, since Genesis Ray requires Banding, which seems nearly impossible to set up, or Inspiration. :/ Or we're stuck as tanks for some party, regardless of build. There have been parties where my RG was stuck as a tank, despite being a better killer than the 'designated' killers in the party.

@OB. While I do love the skill, I position lag so badly, even when leveling lower level characters in noob areas, that I find it hard to even level with it. With RD, I at least stood a chance against an accidental huge mob.

#35 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 22 December 2011 - 02:20 PM

Reflect levelling reminded me of TKM heat leveling :angry:

Never did understand the big deal with ~*autocast*~ builds, all it did was lag other people and make the mob killing slower.
(since you'd kill half your mob before the other half, you'd reflect less damage etc etc, even with int)

I only used my RG to leech things tho, because he' a sac / support build - I wonder how many of these high level RGs that autocasted their way up will actually play it as a useful character?

#36 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI

Posted 22 December 2011 - 02:38 PM

Reflect levelling reminded me of TKM heat leveling :angry:

Never did understand the big deal with ~*autocast*~ builds, all it did was lag other people and make the mob killing slower.
(since you'd kill half your mob before the other half, you'd reflect less damage etc etc, even with int)

I only used my RG to leech things tho, because he' a sac / support build - I wonder how many of these high level RGs that autocasted their way up will actually play it as a useful character?

Wrong.
Did you level one?
Did you gear it properly?
Cause I feel like you're just posting for the sake of posting.

I know for a fact I kill faster with autocasts.

#37 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 22 December 2011 - 02:48 PM

Well reflect RG is dead now and it's back to the tedious Overbrand leveling which is annoying if you don't have goddies.

#38 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 22 December 2011 - 02:48 PM

Wrong.
Did you level one?
Did you gear it properly?
Cause I feel like you're just posting for the sake of posting.

I know for a fact I kill faster with autocasts.

Please don't be so rude.
Yes I did. It's also on one of my accounts I'm not revealing to you, because some characters I like to keep free of forum people harrassments.

There's these things called elements, that even autocasts are going to alter. GD does not kill every monster at once, nor does bowling bash.

I levelled so extremely fast it would make your head spin. I taxed it and used it to level my AB from 137-> 145 in a few hours. Hmm... considering the AB was only getting 50% of the exp too since it was on share, I'd like to assume that I was actually doing something correctly.

I was also levelling in AL3 and you know that stuff about holy monsters and elemental magic?

Ditto juperos.... certain venatu were more susceptible to some elements than others, this led to a discrepency in kill speed.

Now if you're levelling in a low end dungeon like ... lets say magma 2 :angry: The majority of the stuff there is fire anyway, you'd kill the other crap before the nightmare terrors and drag them from mob to mob, praying you won't get SP sapped.

Also if there's a discrepency in flee, bowling bash was terrible and so was gloria domini.

edit: The AB would get between 15 and 20 mil exp an hour

Edited by Xellie, 22 December 2011 - 02:52 PM.

#39 MeisterKirisaki

MeisterKirisaki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts
  • LocationiRO Loki

Posted 22 December 2011 - 02:52 PM

I wonder how many of these high level RGs that autocasted their way up will actually play it as a useful character?

No one here is obliged to make/play a "useful" character.
A build for this useless RG type (auto-cast, reflect) is/can be the same as a Sac RG (which deserves the approval of being useful by the few players who have the authority to say so?), pressing the Sac button isn't/wasn't harder than pressing the Reflect Damage button.

#40 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI

Posted 22 December 2011 - 02:53 PM

Please don't be so rude.
Yes I did. It's also on one of my accounts I'm not revealing to you, because you, will harrass me in game just as you do on the forums.

There's these things called elements, that even autocasts are going to alter. GD does not kill every monster at once, nor does bowling bash.

I levelled so extremely fast it would make your head spin. I taxed it and used it to level my AB from 137-> 145 in a few hours. Hmm... considering the AB was only getting 50% of the exp too since it was on share, I'd like to assume that I was actually doing something correctly.

I was also levelling in AL3 and you know that stuff about holy monsters and elemental magic?

Ditto juperos.... certain venatu were more susceptible to some elements than others, this led to a discrepency in kill speed.

Now if you're levelling in a low end dungeon like ... lets say magma 2 :angry: The majority of the stuff there is fire anyway, you'd kill the other crap before the nightmare terrors and drag them from mob to mob, praying you won't get SP sapped.

Also if there's a discrepency in flee, bowling bash was terrible and so was gloria domini.

Eh, you enlighten me with these things Xellie.
But you are wrong still.

I know for a fact that an autocast build until 130 is the fastest way to level.

It's impractical to level above 130 as reflect, but leveling with autocast gears is much quicker and much more convenient because you dont have to tote a soul linker around with you.
I leveled to 133 in Nogg and it wasn't even painful. Dropping a mob in ~2 seconds. You wanna tell me a regular kaahi build can do that? Please enlighten me some more.

This argument is redundant anyways, the build is useless either way.

Edited by Inubashiri, 22 December 2011 - 03:05 PM.
comments removed, they not necessary to the discussion

#41 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 22 December 2011 - 02:56 PM

No one here is obliged to make/play a "useful" character.
A build for this useless RG type (auto-cast, reflect) is/can be the same as a Sac RG (which deserves the approval of being useful by the few players who have the authority to say so?), pressing the Sac button isn't/wasn't harder than pressing the Reflect Damage button.

No I know and I agree, but I feel like a lot of RGs were just made because it's easy to level, not to actually play in the end game with it.

#42 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 22 December 2011 - 02:59 PM

Eh, you enlighten me with these things Xellie.
But you are wrong still.

I know for a fact that an autocast build until 130 is the fastest way to level.

It's impractical to level above 130 as reflect, but leveling with autocast gears is much quicker and much more convenient because you dont have to tote a soul linker around with you.
I leveled to 133 in Nogg and it wasn't even painful. Dropping a mob in ~2 seconds. You wanna tell me a regular kaahi build can do that? Please enlighten me some more.

This argument is redundant anyways, the build is useless either way.

I'd agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong, I know how I levelled my AB. And you have not actually made any rebuttal about elemental reductions or levelling on multi-elemental maps.

It was perfectly practical to level above 130 as reflect lol.

What is Abyss Lake?
What is Scaraba Hole?
What is Dimensional Gorge?
What is Alt Tab?

Edited by Inubashiri, 22 December 2011 - 03:05 PM.
comments removed, its not necessary

#43 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 22 December 2011 - 03:04 PM

I think we're deviated a bit from the discussion and I don't want this going sideways again, lets keep the sneers to ourselves shall we?

#44 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 22 December 2011 - 03:17 PM

I came on here to talk about RGs, because I have one, it's an essential piece of ET equipment, and I used to play sac paladin pre-re in WoE and MVP.

Could we kindly stay on topic?

#45 sayoko

sayoko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 590 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 03:39 PM

i just can say that reflect sp draining its toooooooooo fast >_______>, in less than 3 mins you got no sp

#46 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI

Posted 22 December 2011 - 03:43 PM

i just can say that reflect sp draining its toooooooooo fast >_______>, in less than 3 mins you got no sp

The nerfs to it are equivalent to gfist's nerfing.
It's really made the skill impractical and dangerous for the caster.

Edited by Okii, 22 December 2011 - 03:43 PM.

#47 DarkDan

DarkDan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1280 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 22 December 2011 - 04:13 PM

Overbrand works just fine. Get a +9 rideword, small and med life potion, regen pot, +9 immune nid and you will not need sp/hp pots either. That or very few.

#48 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 22 December 2011 - 04:45 PM

Overbrand works just fine. Get a +9 rideword, small and med life potion, regen pot, +9 immune nid and you will not need sp/hp pots either. That or very few.

Urghhhh, kinda annoying that you have to rely on those just to level an RG efficiently.... :angry:

#49 Berserker

Berserker

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 22 December 2011 - 06:24 PM

Reflect + Kahii was great to regain HP SP while finishing off the mobs with OB. Thats what I did before. Saving supplies + less carriage ^_^
Even when you leveling high level RG, if its benefits for you to use whatever skills available, why not XP

Edited by Berserker, 22 December 2011 - 06:28 PM.

#50 sakurawings1

sakurawings1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON
  • Server:Chaos -> Ymir -> Chaos

Posted 22 December 2011 - 06:43 PM

Good luck killing bee now Lol, but i see this as an opportunity to actually play a royal guard, other than pressing 1 button and afk e_e maybe now i wont hear them be call royal garbage Lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users