My Experience As Reflect Auto Cast Royal Guard After The Patch - Page 3 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * - - - 3 votes

My Experience As Reflect Auto Cast Royal Guard After The Patch

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#51 Ariex

Ariex

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 271 posts
  • LocationSouth Korea
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:38 PM

I miss my RG's build before the patch. RD/OB hybrid and I was working on getting auto-cast gears. :< I usually didn't Reflect level much after 121, but I did it when I had problems getting into parties or during EXP events.
I never had anyone lag around my RG reflecting during the last AL3 turn in. In fact, I actually had a party following me and KSing most of the mobs I had. :angry: The most I miss about reflect leveling is just the ability to do mobby turn ins when parties rejected my RG.

I wouldn't mind the limitation on the amounts of reflects we can do, but the rest just seems like overkill. Now if we want to kill, it almost seems like we're forced into OB builds, since Genesis Ray requires Banding, which seems nearly impossible to set up, or Inspiration. :/ Or we're stuck as tanks for some party, regardless of build. There have been parties where my RG was stuck as a tank, despite being a better killer than the 'designated' killers in the party.

@OB. While I do love the skill, I position lag so badly, even when leveling lower level characters in noob areas, that I find it hard to even level with it. With RD, I at least stood a chance against an accidental huge mob.

There seems so much hate against reflect builds I remembered the last scarabs TI which I pretty much solo until 150 before the reset stone nerf no one wants to party with me not that I needed it but I pretty much kill faster than lock and sorcs when it comes to 50+ mobs since I lagged them with my bolts and of course I found out some people's true colors at that time..

Edited by Ariex, 22 December 2011 - 07:47 PM.

#52 Ariex

Ariex

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 271 posts
  • LocationSouth Korea
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:44 PM

Overbrand works just fine. Get a +9 rideword, small and med life potion, regen pot, +9 immune nid and you will not need sp/hp pots either. That or very few.

Yup that's what I'm at now.

#53 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 09:49 PM

overbrands a lot more convienient because you dont need a linker. HFC spear of some sort and +9 rideword and you probably still wont need pots in scarabs, although most other melee/aoe classes do now like sura/GX.

#54 DarkDan

DarkDan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1280 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 22 December 2011 - 10:10 PM

overbrands a lot more convienient because you dont need a linker. HFC spear of some sort and +9 rideword and you probably still wont need pots in scarabs, although most other melee/aoe classes do now like sura/GX.

Scarabs you just need a brocca, fire converters, +9 RWH, and Nid. A shield with a bigfoot card helps as well. Got my last few job levels on Scarabs.

#55 Ardi

Ardi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 364 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 23 December 2011 - 02:00 AM

Basically, the balance patch eliminated a niche build for RGs completely (I can't even use my Triple Poring Hat on my RG anymore because Greed prevents me from recasting Reflect Damage). Basically, at this point, we're locked into an Overbrand build, and there's no deviation from that.

I don't even know why they bother letting us allocate points and skills when there's only one good build.

Welcome to archbishops world, where more than half of your points go to prerequisites to get your one new useful buff, then the other half goes to prerequisites to get your one new recovery.

You forgot to mention that its 20+ useless prereq points to get the one good skill at job ~32 that every party sneers at if you don't have before 125. RGs need to stop complaining that they can't lag level anymore (because yes that is what it did). You talk about how you laugh when you dc people but why do you cry when you are KSd? I never liked reflect leveling my RG (and yes I had the gears to do it pure and autocasts) it was too broken and boring. If parties don't want you try switching to being a pure mobber instead of trying to keep doing what you are doing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users