LOD helm not working/partially working - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

LOD helm not working/partially working

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Phil

Phil

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 583 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:15 AM

The nerf was too much...

Since Gfist is constant damage provided u fist with the same gears/SP lvl i tested LOD vs +9FEW and did a fist without a headgear to provide for the base fist damage and see if the LOD really increases it even by a bit, results are:

*all fists are full sp with RD and bless +9 AK carga/WCP/robo eye(when worn with FEW)/bryn/phen diab ring/meg/sleip/+8 immune nid/Eden buffs

My theory: LOD effect DOES NOT WORK!!!(or only the LOD+AK set bonus works which is +5% damage)
*sorry if i wasn't wearing the FEW on the pic where i fisted it, but im sure its obvious with the battlechat log

1) +9 FEW carat : 507,051
Posted Image

2) +7 LOD : 497,948
Posted Image

3) Nothing on: 473,793 wtf? only about +5.09% gain with the LOD on?
Posted Image

EDIT: The point is IF the LOD helm works then i should have 18%(0.18 for calcing it) more damage to boss protocol seeing i have it at +7 and i have at least 1 AK card compounded for the set to work, which SHOULD bump up my damage to about 559,075.74 (473,793*0.18 =added damage ; added damage + 473,793 = 559,075.74) with the LOD compounded but it seems like it doesn't work at all... or partially works (only the AK/LOD set bonus works) did u guys turned off the main damage factor and just turned on the set one???

can someone check on this and/or give some additional tests to confirm? thanks in advance, feel free to correct me if i did wrong somewhere

Edited by Phil, 22 December 2011 - 08:14 AM.

#2 Ghost007

Ghost007

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 445 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:26 AM

Is it a straight up % more damage overall, or does it only add to part of the damage formula?

#3 Phil

Phil

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 583 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:32 AM

i dunno for certain, pre nerf i agree it was OP (+7 giving me x3 damage on fist lol instead of only +18%) so i never had the chance to know how it really works

#4 sayoko

sayoko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 590 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 01:54 PM

galion its a mvp? :angry:

#5 Raidius

Raidius

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 776 posts
  • Locationmy chair

Posted 22 December 2011 - 01:59 PM

http://db.irowiki.or...ster-info/1783/
galion is a boss type so AK+LoD helm should work on it
its not only for mvps

Edited by Raidius, 22 December 2011 - 02:00 PM.

#6 Anchors

Anchors

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • Server:Chaos, when it's up

Posted 22 December 2011 - 02:07 PM

I tried MVPing amon ra with the +7 LotD Helm last night and then again today with a Witch Pumpkin Hat (/swt) and Sigrun Wings... Was dealing significantly more with the Pumpkin/Sigrun headgears. o.o (Neighborhood of 5-7% more.) I dunno how much of a difference +3 str and +2 int will make, but I was rather hoping the +7 LotD bonus would outdo that... Was not using an AK card.

#7 sayoko

sayoko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 590 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 02:08 PM

http://db.irowiki.org/db/monster-info/1783/
galion is a boss type so AK+LoD helm should work on it
its not only for mvps

/FACEPALM....................... :angry: ummmmmmmm.........

err...
uhum.....
ah?
http://db.irowiki.or...ader=10#results

#8 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 22 December 2011 - 02:12 PM

See if you can inflict Frozen on it and then we'll know if it's a Boss or not. =x

#9 Raidius

Raidius

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 776 posts
  • Locationmy chair

Posted 22 December 2011 - 02:19 PM

http://db.irowiki.or...item-info/4140/

its ANY boss monster not only mvps lol

your search should be like

and yes this applys for alice too...

Edited by Raidius, 22 December 2011 - 02:21 PM.

#10 sayoko

sayoko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 590 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 02:21 PM

http://db.irowiki.org/db/item-info/4140/

its ANY boss monster not only mvps lol

your search should be like

the traslation says "boss" but the effect its against "MVPS" :angry: you didnt get it yet?

#11 MeisterKirisaki

MeisterKirisaki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts
  • LocationiRO Loki

Posted 22 December 2011 - 02:25 PM

the traslation says "boss" but the effect its against "MVPS" :angry: you didnt get it yet?

Every MvP is a boss, not every boss is an MvP. The headgear (and set) works/should work against any boss.

Galion is boss type.

#12 sayoko

sayoko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 590 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 02:29 PM

Every MvP is a boss, not every boss is an MvP. The headgear (and set) works/should work against any boss.

Galion is boss type.

THE DESCRIPTION ITS WRONG, YOU DONT GET IT? ITS FOR MVP ONLY

#13 Raidius

Raidius

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 776 posts
  • Locationmy chair

Posted 22 December 2011 - 02:29 PM

lololol you are welcome to try it yourself i know for sure its ANY boss not only mvps :D
for example kasa is not an mvp but it works on them :angry:
you prolly want to get downvotes like you do all the time @_@

#14 MizunoAoi

MizunoAoi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 587 posts
  • Server:Chaos and Loki

Posted 22 December 2011 - 02:41 PM

Boss protocol monsters.

Go here:
http://rode-r.doddlercon.com/monster/

Click boss. Search. That is everything the hat *should* work on.

#15 JStoneheart

JStoneheart

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 268 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 22 December 2011 - 02:42 PM

What I am more worried about is the +11 effect. Does it really NEGATE damage dealt by players? It's like a GTB but even more OP?

#16 sayoko

sayoko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 590 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 02:43 PM

What I am more worried about is the +11 effect. Does it really NEGATE damage dealt by players? It's like a GTB but even more OP?

no....... its to negate only the extra damage that you take from the hat from those monsters

#17 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 22 December 2011 - 02:43 PM

If you +11 it, you won't take the extra 5% damage from players that comes with the helm if you don't have it +11'ed.

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 22 December 2011 - 02:43 PM.

#18 JStoneheart

JStoneheart

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 268 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 02:46 PM

Oh, thx, I was really worried, that helm description sound's so OP... They should correct that kind of stuff in the translations.

#19 Phil

Phil

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 583 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 02:47 PM

@ sayoko umm i know what i am testing... boss protocol monsters doesn't limit to MVPs, galions cannot be frozen/etc like a MVP but if u insist and don't want to admit that u made a mistake, be my guest and test a AK carded weap on a galion then test the same weap without the card

Ok assuming YOU ARE TRUE how can u explain this by Anchors:(forgot to press quote sorry lol)

"I tried MVPing amon ra with the +7 LotD Helm last night and then again today with a Witch Pumpkin Hat (/swt) and Sigrun Wings... Was dealing significantly more with the Pumpkin/Sigrun headgears. o.o (Neighborhood of 5-7% more.) I dunno how much of a difference +3 str and +2 int will make, but I was rather hoping the +7 LotD bonus would outdo that... Was not using an AK card."

even without the card it should still give +13% more damage and +3 str/+2 int wont even give that much damage

#20 sayoko

sayoko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 590 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 03:00 PM

@ sayoko umm i know what i am testing... boss protocol monsters doesn't limit to MVPs, galions cannot be frozen/etc like a MVP but if u insist and don't want to admit that u made a mistake, be my guest and test a AK carded weap on a galion then test the same weap without the card

Ok assuming YOU ARE TRUE how can u explain this by Anchors:(forgot to press quote sorry lol)

"I tried MVPing amon ra with the +7 LotD Helm last night and then again today with a Witch Pumpkin Hat (/swt) and Sigrun Wings... Was dealing significantly more with the Pumpkin/Sigrun headgears. o.o (Neighborhood of 5-7% more.) I dunno how much of a difference +3 str and +2 int will make, but I was rather hoping the +7 LotD bonus would outdo that... Was not using an AK card."

even without the card it should still give +13% more damage and +3 str/+2 int wont even give that much damage

sorry i hurt some one, but as far as i know, i seen this hat before, and the description wanst "BOSS" it was ONLY MVP........ how many times i need to type this :angry:

#21 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 22 December 2011 - 03:16 PM

@Phil:
You fail at making a good consistent test that leaves no room for doubt.

• Points of failure:
  • Using a weapon gives you 5%*weapon level variance.
  • Using a +9 lvl 3 weapon gives you 1~20 damage variance.
  • Using an AK card means you already had +25% weapon damage so the extra 5% puts it to 30% which is absolutely negligible when compared to the variance of the weapon.

If you wanted to test this:
  • Get Max power using a Smith or Magic Mushroom.
  • Do not use an over refined weapon.

Edited by Clogon, 22 December 2011 - 03:17 PM.

#22 TypeGsR

TypeGsR

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 03:17 PM

uh...im look at the helm now since i have it. IT states "Increase damage to BOSS TYPES monsters by 10%" not MVP only

#23 sayoko

sayoko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 590 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 03:19 PM

uh...im look at the helm now since i have it. IT states "Increase damage to BOSS TYPES monsters by 10%" not MVP only

since when ragnarok descriptions are working :angry:

#24 JStoneheart

JStoneheart

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 268 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 03:48 PM

what sayoko is trying to say is, like when I thought +11 refine would negate ALL player's damage, the card is mistranslated, instead of boss it really says "MVP".

#25 Anchors

Anchors

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • Server:Chaos, when it's up

Posted 22 December 2011 - 05:04 PM

since when ragnarok descriptions are working :angry:

At least they may have greater accuracy than posters in this thread.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users