ME AB's, Good Luck Leveling! - Page 3 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

ME AB's, Good Luck Leveling!

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#51 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 23 December 2011 - 01:21 PM

I was thinking that Sleips were the most useful.
Where does my problem lay 0-0
No safety wall to 10... i knew it /sob

Well that would help you a LOT, but you were relying on high heal after ME cast, correct?

Sleips are nice, but I don't use foods, you can replace that int with foods ;p
The defence isn't fantastic and the hp/sp is the same as variants.

Probably unless I was using foods, if you got a pair of diab boots you'd be on par with thesleips if you used food.

Edited by Xellie, 23 December 2011 - 01:22 PM.

#52 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 23 December 2011 - 01:26 PM

Well that would help you a LOT, but you were relying on high heal after ME cast, correct?

Sleips are nice, but I don't use foods, you can replace that int with foods ;p
The defence isn't fantastic and the hp/sp is the same as variants.

Probably unless I was using foods, if you got a pair of diab boots you'd be on par with thesleips if you used food.

But why diab boots? And I'd need to get them to +9 or higher right?
Hmm... variants would have a really good hard defense if I upgraded them to +10 but I never thought of diab boots 0o
Must be for a card+upgrade level combo.

Also, was wondering about safety wall post balance effects.
Is it functioning the same as before? I heard someone mention it being "fixed", and that piqued my interests immediately.

#53 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 23 December 2011 - 01:30 PM

But why diab boots? And I'd need to get them to +9 or higher right?
Hmm... variants would have a really good hard defense if I upgraded them to +10 but I never thought of diab boots 0o
Must be for a card+upgrade level combo.

Also, was wondering about safety wall post balance effects.
Is it functioning the same as before? I heard someone mention it being "fixed", and that piqued my interests immediately.

Diab boots give you HP based on your level, they can match sleip / variant in HP gain and honestly you don't NEED the extra SP as an AB. So Diab boot isa good selection, you can make them +9 if you like.... your non godly gear is better than mine :angry:
I'd use matryr carded or whatever acidus/ferus dragon whatever does the same thing with +1 vit. +10% HP anyway.

SW now has something like a huge max HP but blocks a number of hits. (should be 12?) If I understand the fix correctly.

#54 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI

Posted 23 December 2011 - 01:36 PM

Diab boots give you HP based on your level, they can match sleip / variant in HP gain and honestly you don't NEED the extra SP as an AB. So Diab boot isa good selection, you can make them +9 if you like.... your non godly gear is better than mine :angry:
I'd use matryr carded or whatever acidus/ferus dragon whatever does the same thing with +1 vit. +10% HP anyway.

SW now has something like a huge max HP but blocks a number of hits. (should be 12?) If I understand the fix correctly.

Learning a lot from this, thanks Xellie :s
Now, my next question is what kind of difference the Judgement set will make on ME AB's.
I know Adoramus AB's are throwing a party somewhere but I haven't heard much about the ME side of the set.
I was contemplating getting the set but I wonder if the gear we are talking about would be safer/more efficient.

#55 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 23 December 2011 - 01:41 PM

Learning a lot from this, thanks Xellie :s
Now, my next question is what kind of difference the Judgement set will make on ME AB's.
I know Adoramus AB's are throwing a party somewhere but I haven't heard much about the ME side of the set.
I was contemplating getting the set but I wonder if the gear we are talking about would be safer/more efficient.

I've never liked gear sets, but that's a personal problem.

More specifically, looking at the obnoxious matk our divine crosses are giving and the spirit combo, you have to wonder if the set will manage to outweigh those massive bonuses

(video incoming btw, I just did a test run in NI3)

To be fair, I prefer NI2 cause it's mobber, safer therefore faster exp, always have. NI3 is where I go when I'm falling asleep and need a bit of keeping awake.

#56 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI

Posted 23 December 2011 - 01:56 PM

I've never liked gear sets, but that's a personal problem.

More specifically, looking at the obnoxious matk our divine crosses are giving and the spirit combo, you have to wonder if the set will manage to outweigh those massive bonuses

(video incoming btw, I just did a test run in NI3)

To be fair, I prefer NI2 cause it's mobber, safer therefore faster exp, always have. NI3 is where I go when I'm falling asleep and need a bit of keeping awake.

I was in the room without Necros, the first one in the Monestary.
I was thinking the same about matk bonus, because Divine cross literally doubles my matk (i think a bit more than double).
ME damage %+, anything to do with casting time/after cast delay being lowered, matk, and defense from the set is what I'm looking at mainly.
Holy attribute armor sounds very nice too :x

Edited by Okii, 23 December 2011 - 01:57 PM.

#57 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 23 December 2011 - 02:16 PM

I'm still one shotting bansheeeeees.

Uh holy armor is all fun and games when undead and demon monsters use shadow attacks on you.

This seems somewhat BACKWARD ;( gg gravity.

Here's my quick run around NI3 anyway

Not really grasping the problem with ME cast/ after cast.... it seems fixed to me :angry:

Edited by Xellie, 23 December 2011 - 02:19 PM.

#58 Kagrra

Kagrra

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 02:30 PM

Reading this is making me feel like I need to relearn how to play my AB. :angry:

#59 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI

Posted 23 December 2011 - 02:37 PM

I'm still one shotting bansheeeeees.

Uh holy armor is all fun and games when undead and demon monsters use shadow attacks on you.

This seems somewhat BACKWARD ;( gg gravity.

Here's my quick run around NI3 anyway

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=juVJTkyaqk8

Not really grasping the problem with ME cast/ after cast.... it seems fixed to me :angry:

FUN FUN FUN FUN

Alright,
So Holy armor is a no-go.
Yeah that is kinda messed up :\

I used to be able to 1-shot banshees but something has changed I guess.
It may be worth it to get my Divine Cross to +14 or so.
How much more matk would that amount to?

Also, do you have 120 INT on this AB? I was considering getting 120 INT but I'm torn between maxing DEX or INT.
Maxing a stat takes a load of skill points so I want to think it through before I do it.
For some reason I have a feeling that with Secra 5, 120 DEX isn't necessary.

Those Necromancers were tearing you up :s

Safety Wall 10 is what I need and because I was riding turn ins so much I scrapped it.
I miss that skill and need to get it back :D

Edited by Okii, 23 December 2011 - 02:41 PM.

#60 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 23 December 2011 - 02:41 PM

I'm allergic to magic (that's the deviant doing it's downside cause I was too lazy to get my immune nid)

+14 DC would be substantially stronger, but I don't know if it's worth it.... to 1 shot like I do you might need an agav armor and foods.

Here's the stats

Posted Image

I don't have secrament on this one D:

Edit: I don't think it's necessary to max any one stat.... My other AB does fine with 100 int/100dex and 120 VIT and really.... it's excessive to max any of them.... I just did it because I have a 150 support already who also ME levelled.... here I'll throw her stats up for you...

Posted Image

Edited by Xellie, 23 December 2011 - 02:44 PM.

#61 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI

Posted 23 December 2011 - 02:48 PM

Was contemplating 100 LUK but when you told me 77 is good enough due to AA card I was hesitant to raise it further.
Unfortunately I do not have +20 stat foods out the butt so I wouldn't be able to use those.

The map you are on is much safer looking than where I was and if my roommate MS tanks I can definitely handle priesting and MEing there.
Gotta get SW first and hopefully my ticket about the job points bug will be answered soon because I dropped one too many resets stones on that.

Thanks for all the advice =)

#62 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 23 December 2011 - 02:53 PM

NI3 hurts! Do NI2 tho.... It's easy and mobby. Zombie slaughters die so fast too, you'll get more xp there

SW is good, if you can put in SW10 and sanc 7, you'll be set for a support build too... though, that's a tough one to pull off with ME in the skill tree, you might have to take it from AB points if you want both.

the 77luk vs 100 luk is kinda like support vs pure ME output. It adds to you matk and therefor your heal, but you'll only notice it if you're toting the massive matk weapons for killing things with.

Edited by Xellie, 23 December 2011 - 02:56 PM.

#63 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI

Posted 23 December 2011 - 03:01 PM

NI3 hurts! Do NI2 tho.... It's easy and mobby. Zombie slaughters die so fast too, you'll get more xp there

SW is good, if you can put in SW10 and sanc 7, you'll be set for a support build too... though, that's a tough one to pull off with ME in the skill tree, you might have to take it from AB points if you want both.

the 77luk vs 100 luk is kinda like support vs pure ME output. It adds to you matk and therefor your heal, but you'll only notice it if you're toting the massive matk weapons for killing things with.

Ouch... I could try to make it work using only second job points but I'd have to drop some buffs and maybe even go back to lvl 1 res :E

#64 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 23 December 2011 - 03:05 PM

good teamwork you two Posted Image

#65 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 23 December 2011 - 03:09 PM

Ouch... I could try to make it work using only second job points but I'd have to drop some buffs and maybe even go back to lvl 1 res :E

low level mag, low level res

that's how we always used to do it back in the day!

#66 Chrisalyd

Chrisalyd

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 163 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 23 December 2011 - 03:38 PM

not to mention that you cant cast anything ater you gotta cast SW before cast ME & dont have place to auto heal replace clip for orleans gown

#67 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 23 December 2011 - 03:40 PM

wtf

#68 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 23 December 2011 - 03:43 PM

not to mention that you cant cast anything ater you gotta cast SW before cast ME & dont have place to auto heal replace clip for orleans gown

why?

Orlean gown terrible def
Orlean gown doesn't reduce demon/undead damage

the difference in cast time phen vs orlean isn't noticable at this level of dex anyway

SW casts almost instantly even with a phen clip, so you SW-SW-ME(in SW 1)-> run into SW2-> SW on self again between Heal/heal/heal/highheal.

Edited by Xellie, 23 December 2011 - 03:45 PM.

#69 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI

Posted 23 December 2011 - 04:35 PM

wtf

Posted Image

#70 lainee

lainee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 729 posts
  • LocationOceanic Eternity

Posted 23 December 2011 - 05:08 PM

Yep. When I leveled as ME I had 100 luk for the extra matk. When I reset to FS I dropped it back to 77 (for AA card).

Also Okii, at this point think of your build in terms of leveling. Once you hit 150/50 you can reset to something that more suits how you intend to use the character from then on.

#71 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI

Posted 23 December 2011 - 05:13 PM

Yep. When I leveled as ME I had 100 luk for the extra matk. When I reset to FS I dropped it back to 77 (for AA card).

Also Okii, at this point think of your build in terms of leveling. Once you hit 150/50 you can reset to something that more suits how you intend to use the character from then on.

I just reset and got my skills figured out and my job points worked fine this time.
I dropped my VIT to 60 for now and got 100 INT/DEX and 96 LUK (will also be 100) and then I plan to pump either INT or VIT after that.
With my roommate tanking properly all I have to do is kill the mob.
We just gotta practice the routine and we should be fine.

PS, Xellie: Judgement Set armor is Shadow attribute 0o
Affection is Holy. waaaaa /dead

Edited by Okii, 23 December 2011 - 05:32 PM.

#72 Kagrra

Kagrra

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 05:42 PM

Since this seems to be a great thread about ME Priests, I'd like some help with mine, if anyone's willing to help me out. It's making me completely rethink my build. lol...

#73 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI

Posted 23 December 2011 - 06:06 PM

Since this seems to be a great thread about ME Priests, I'd like some help with mine, if anyone's willing to help me out. It's making me completely rethink my build. lol...

I would recommend PMing Xellie and checking out this topic: http://forums.warppo...t-build-survey/

#74 Kagrra

Kagrra

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 06:10 PM

I would recommend PMing Xellie and checking out this topic: http://forums.warppo...t-build-survey/

Thanks a ton. I think a lot of bad advice shot my build to hell. :angry:

#75 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 December 2011 - 06:30 PM

Is ME even fun?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users