Bleeding at Orc Village.. - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Bleeding at Orc Village..

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#1 Fluffylovr

Fluffylovr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • LocationHawaii~
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valk

Posted 08 January 2012 - 06:39 PM

I am leveling my newest archer, Level 38, been there since level 30 and have dies to bleeding more then 10 times. Killin orcs, and then all of a sudden I'm bleeding. I understand if they inflict bleeding, that's all fine and dandy.. What really bothers me is that its One Hit KO. I spam pots when I get the bleeding status which is costly because I am using mastelas since they full heal me each use. I have 610 HP. I die the moment Bleeding inflicts its first damage even when spamming potions. It's quite annoying to have to be res'd when I am not there with a priest and or needed to walk back because I was one shot by a status ailment.

My main point here is: Since WHEN and WHY do Orc's suddenly cause Bleeding status?

Edited by Fluffylovr, 08 January 2012 - 06:41 PM.

#2 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 08 January 2012 - 06:53 PM

Does seem like a rather low level area for them to be using it. =/

I wish there were more ways to cancel bleeding too. Would be nice if items that are supposed to cancel all status abnormalities actually did so.

#3 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 08 January 2012 - 07:59 PM

AGI Helps to block it and reduce it

Ungoliant Card for immunity and Wootan Fighter is 20% resistance. Also Dispell removes this ailment and Mercenary's skill Compress can undo the effect.

#4 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 08 January 2012 - 08:05 PM

Yes, but at that level you're not going to have enough Agi, Ungoliant Card is rather rare and expensive and I doubt newer players are going to have it, 20% resistance is rather pointless, Dispell is more of a debuff and the chances of having a Sage class character there with you is slim and Compress is from a level 8 Mercenary, which means the player won't be a high enough level to purchase them and most likely won't have enough loyalty. =/

For MVPs it's fine, a nice challenge, but for such a low level area it's silly.

#5 ZeoKenX

ZeoKenX

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 08:11 PM

Wow! o.o Sucks for Vit users training in that area.

#6 IronPlushy

IronPlushy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1747 posts
  • Server:Between Servers

Posted 08 January 2012 - 08:11 PM

If you log out and log back in bleeding goes away.

#7 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 08 January 2012 - 08:18 PM

Yes, but at that level you're not going to have enough Agi, Ungoliant Card is rather rare and expensive and I doubt newer players are going to have it, 20% resistance is rather pointless, Dispell is more of a debuff and the chances of having a Sage class character there with you is slim and Compress is from a level 8 Mercenary, which means the player won't be a high enough level to purchase them and most likely won't have enough loyalty. =/For MVPs it's fine, a nice challenge, but for such a low level area it's silly.

Bah Negative Nancy

Ah yeah, didn't think to say that, this is prolly the best, fwing and relog?

Update Panacea please? D:

#8 shurareki

shurareki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts
  • Server:valk

Posted 08 January 2012 - 08:20 PM

did they at least update the eden quest that requires you to kill everything there. i mean i hope they make the new players go somewhere else doesnt make much sense to have a newbie doing a gear quest on that map now.

how often do you get the bleeding because reloging would just be a big waste of time if you get bleeding like every other hit.

Edited by shurareki, 08 January 2012 - 08:21 PM.

#9 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 08 January 2012 - 08:24 PM

There's something that can cure Bleeding called "Cure Free". They are made using Genetic's Special Pharmacy skill.

#10 IronPlushy

IronPlushy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1747 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 08:28 PM

did they at least update the eden quest that requires you to kill everything there. i mean i hope they make the new players go somewhere else doesnt make much sense to have a newbie doing a gear quest on that map now.

how often do you get the bleeding because reloging would just be a big waste of time if you get bleeding like every other hit.

It's only orc ladies, and I believe it's a skill, not a random chance. You'd waste far less time going to character select then losing exp and going back to orc village.

#11 Fluffylovr

Fluffylovr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • LocationHawaii~

Posted 08 January 2012 - 08:31 PM

@Cerulean: Thanks, ill look into that. Bleeding is a pain in the rear end.

@Iron: Thanks! Next time im bleeding ill do that. I was unaware n_n; sounds a lot more convenient then sighing, saying im screwed and just dying.. :3

@Inu: Thanks for the suggestions, bleeding isnt a problem higher level aside from not regening SP. Low level though it hurts, and I don't want to invest so much for a charecter that will be in the low levels for only so long.. (:

@Ralis: thanks for defending my points that I hadn't yet made, I was like "Wow he covered it all before I even got to check the thread again!" xD

#12 shurareki

shurareki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 08:32 PM

It's only orc ladies, and I believe it's a skill, not a random chance. You'd waste far less time going to character select then losing exp and going back to orc village.

lol ive only encountered bleeding once in a monastery TI and it was very very annoying. but if its not often then yeah just relog

#13 Fluffylovr

Fluffylovr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • LocationHawaii~

Posted 08 January 2012 - 08:35 PM

lol ive only encountered bleeding once in a monastery TI and it was very very annoying. but if its not often then yeah just relog

The only time I am against reloging is when bleeding in instances such as the Hazy Forest, where I bleed from time to time, but relog kicks ya back to prontera.. x.x

#14 HRdevil

HRdevil

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1165 posts
  • LocationMassachusets
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 08 January 2012 - 08:52 PM

Bah Negative Nancy

The mod giving imposible suggestions to new player, how inspiring.

#15 MizunoAoi

MizunoAoi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 587 posts
  • Server:Chaos and Loki

Posted 08 January 2012 - 08:56 PM

I am leveling my newest archer

The only time I am against reloging is when bleeding in instances such as the Hazy Forest, where I bleed from time to time, but relog kicks ya back to prontera.. x.x

The mod giving imposible suggestions to new player, how inspiring.

I don't know, if Fluffy has access to Hazy Forest I think they can get a hold of some of the things Inu mentioned. So it's not "impossible" nor is it towards a "new player."

But yes, a new player wouldn't have access to that sort of thing, and if Eden send you there, well, then it might not be too good of an idea for something that low level to have such a strong ability. Maybe let them keep it but make it tick for less? Or remove it altogether?

#16 Fluffylovr

Fluffylovr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • LocationHawaii~

Posted 08 January 2012 - 08:58 PM

I don't know, if Fluffy has access to Hazy Forest I think they can get a hold of some of the things Inu mentioned. So it's not "impossible" nor is it towards a "new player."

But yes, a new player wouldn't have access to that sort of thing, and if Eden send you there, well, then it might not be too good of an idea for something that low level to have such a strong ability. Maybe let them keep it but make it tick for less? Or remove it altogether?

You're indeed right, I am not a new person, but I am also unwilling to shell out the millions for the low levels.. I perfer to save up and get the good gear around 2-2 class. :thumb: So carding rubbish with ungoliant or wootan isn't desireable. I think the best option is relogging.

#17 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 08 January 2012 - 09:00 PM

Actually it doesn't. It just removes the icon but the effect of bleed is still there

AND NOT A SINGLE PERSON IN THIS THREAD THOUGHT TO POINT THAT OUT?!

Posted Image

Edited by Xellie, 08 January 2012 - 09:04 PM.

#18 MizunoAoi

MizunoAoi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 587 posts
  • Server:Chaos and Loki

Posted 08 January 2012 - 09:04 PM

In my defense I've never been hit with the ailment. ^^;

#19 IronPlushy

IronPlushy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1747 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 09:07 PM

Actually it doesn't. It just removes the icon but the effect of bleed is still there

Posted Image

*shrugs*
It's not so important that bleeding stops, but that you BELIEVE the bleeding stops.

Edited by IronPlushy, 08 January 2012 - 09:08 PM.

#20 Fluffylovr

Fluffylovr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • LocationHawaii~

Posted 08 January 2012 - 09:07 PM

Omg really!? D:!

Posted Image

#21 Fluffylovr

Fluffylovr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • LocationHawaii~

Posted 08 January 2012 - 09:09 PM

*shrugs*
It's not so important that bleeding stops, but that you BELIEVE the bleeding stops.

Until you die for no apparent reason, slam head into keyboard and shake your head shouting "What did i do wrong!?!"

Lmao.. :thumb:

#22 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 08 January 2012 - 09:13 PM

Posted Image

#23 shurareki

shurareki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 09:23 PM

Posted Image

i actually never tried reloging because i had a party.

#24 Ghost007

Ghost007

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 445 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 10:39 PM

I agree that it's a bit much, I mean a player with the right gear/knowledge/stats can deal with it, but such a low lvl monster using a bleeding status attack? Should be gentle to new players, just have them use like blind attacks, or sleep at the worst.

#25 lainee

lainee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 729 posts
  • LocationOceanic Eternity
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 08 January 2012 - 11:11 PM

For MVPs it's fine, a nice challenge, but for such a low level area it's silly.

The monster buffs are all well and good at higher levels, but giving bleeding to orcs really is just further proof that the kRO devs don't actually play the game, (well... beyond logging onto Suras in PvP at Izulde and taking it in turns to one shot each other for fun.)

Way to go and drive off new players by killing one of the main maps for new characters. derp.

and sad thing is, our GMs probably won't even read this thread to know that they should at least try and put in a request to HQ that this be changed.

Edited by lainee, 08 January 2012 - 11:13 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users