Renewal/Yggdrasil Testing Discussion Thread - Page 13 - Archives - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 3 votes

Renewal/Yggdrasil Testing Discussion Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
389 replies to this topic

#301 darkdito1884

darkdito1884

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 370 posts
  • LocationAllentown,PA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos,Thor

Posted 13 September 2010 - 06:14 AM

question are we still gonna have the repeatable exp quests when renewal is done testing? will we get new ones add for pass lvl 99?

Edited by darkdito1884, 13 September 2010 - 06:15 AM.

#302 Pingchan

Pingchan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 233 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 13 September 2010 - 10:16 AM

Huh. The server IS gonna be wiped when it's done, all characters will be 1/1 novices etc. The bot excuse is a silly one. Like all the bots in valk are gonna move shop to a server that'll only last a week, maybe two, before being semi-wiped. :(

#303 darkdito1884

darkdito1884

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 370 posts
  • LocationAllentown,PA

Posted 13 September 2010 - 10:56 AM

thats a good point @Pingchan the bots thing is just an excuse .i play on the premium cuz thats where i started 4+ years ago i play on valk now cuz i dont have the money right now why should we be able to play on that server for now since its only gonna be for a few weeks and its for all to test ,the more people playing the more bugs and glitches that can be found

#304 Shinobi

Shinobi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 335 posts
  • LocationSakray > Iris >Ymir
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 13 September 2010 - 11:01 AM

Bots are half the problem. The second part of the problem would be all the names that would sit on accounts that would never be played. An infinite amount of accounts to make infinite amount of names. That's where I don't agree on allowing f2p accounts. If you aren't going to remain on the server. Don't create a character.

Besides, I'm beating a dead horse when I say again...

It's about time Premium players were treated as such.

#305 darkdito1884

darkdito1884

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 370 posts
  • LocationAllentown,PA

Posted 13 September 2010 - 11:18 AM

i am a premium player if i make a character on that server i will keep that one character but if its just gonna be another sakray then whats the point just delete all the characters instead of bring them back to 1/1 novice? and if Ymir is gonna get the renewal then why wounld anyone stay on Ygg we all worked hard on our characters ,im not gonna just up and leave because i got a name saves on Ygg...its a test server right now im just gonna make up any weird name just to TEST it out when im done ill just delete my character anyway.

#306 Pingchan

Pingchan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 233 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 13 September 2010 - 11:28 AM

There's so many errors, they need more testers. If they release it in a week, or even two, we'll all have to suffer because of this. Honestly, after this week ends it should just be free for a week or so. I'm sure everyone who really wanted to reserve their names has by now.

#307 darkdito1884

darkdito1884

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 370 posts
  • LocationAllentown,PA

Posted 13 September 2010 - 11:36 AM

that would be a good idea people who payed play for a week then the next week is should be open to all for the final week its testing it sound fair

Example: if its open for testing for 3 weeks then the first week and a half should be how it is now then the next week and a half it should be open to all

why dont we do a poll for this????
KEEP IT THE WAY IT IS NOW? OR
FINAL WEEK OF TESTING OPEN IT TO ALL ?

#308 Robbi

Robbi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • LocationMeredith, NH

Posted 13 September 2010 - 11:41 AM

Not sure if this question has been answered, it probably has been brought up. Why does the leveling NPC stop giving you quests at 115? is that a bug? or is it that Gravity wants us to go lvl on our own?

#309 joanne

joanne

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 September 2010 - 09:55 PM

we got a diff lvling npc now the valk near the weapon shop in pront

Edited by joanne, 13 September 2010 - 09:55 PM.

#310 Metatonix

Metatonix

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts
  • LocationSoCal, USA - Retired from iRO

Posted 14 September 2010 - 12:29 AM

Just wondering.. I'm trying to take the Arch Bishop test instead of instantly changing. If there is another Priest in the room (AFKing), does this prevent you from moving on with your test?

#311 Akihiro

Akihiro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1235 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 14 September 2010 - 01:35 AM

Just wondering.. I'm trying to take the Arch Bishop test instead of instantly changing. If there is another Priest in the room (AFKing), does this prevent you from moving on with your test?

It might be like the Warlock test, where you can't go in even if the previous person died, you have to wait for their "time limit" to run out before you can go in.

#312 hadi101

hadi101

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 02:32 AM

The third job classes are going to be fun I canâ??t Weight. I have one question though. To become 3rd class do you have to trans first and be 99/70. Because someone told me that I can just go straight to 3rd class from a non-trans lv 99/50. Is that true? http://forums.warppo...tyle_emoticons/default/533.gif

Edited by hadi101, 14 September 2010 - 02:32 AM.

#313 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 02:50 AM

The second part of the problem would be all the names that would sit on accounts that would never be played.. If you aren't going to remain on the server. Don't create a character.

It's about time Premium players were treated as such.

Not like there won't be a lot of unplayable charas and lost names from people who won't play ygg after testing like me xP. In my opinion announcing anouncing a premium only testing wasn't a smart idea, but reserving names as a method to announce to play on ygg was a bad and weird idea. We could use more people testing, if you see the number of testers it is around 40~200 on a 100~ people average, and from those not everyone is here to find bugs, but to test their own charas xP.

Anywayz!

Does anyone know if there are mercs in renewal? I see the /merai command, but I don't see the mercenary merchants anywhere...

#314 Shinobi

Shinobi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 335 posts
  • LocationSakray > Iris >Ymir

Posted 14 September 2010 - 03:03 AM

I'm sure they're in. The npc has been taken out atm though. From my understanding that is.

There are actually some very dedicated players testing. And even if players test their "own characters" they still find bugs while doing it. Bugs that will be fixed because someone likes the same class that you yourself may play. And the reason you see so few people is because of the AL3 event. Don't worry though, things are being found and reported.

Glad to have you on the team Kad. Everyone else go premium!

#315 Metatonix

Metatonix

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts
  • LocationSoCal, USA - Retired from iRO

Posted 14 September 2010 - 03:15 AM

It might be like the Warlock test, where you can't go in even if the previous person died, you have to wait for their "time limit" to run out before you can go in.

Yeah, I got to the room with the Valkyrie but there's another HP sitting afk inside. After I talk to the Valk, I don't get warped and if I talk to her again she says she's busy with another person =/

The only option is to walk out and tele back to Pront.

#316 Akihiro

Akihiro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1235 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 14 September 2010 - 03:29 AM

I'm sure they're in. The npc has been taken out atm though. From my understanding that is.

There are actually some very dedicated players testing. And even if players test their "own characters" they still find bugs while doing it. Bugs that will be fixed because someone likes the same class that you yourself may play. And the reason you see so few people is because of the AL3 event. Don't worry though, things are being found and reported.

Glad to have you on the team Kad. Everyone else go premium!

Just premium for testing Ygg, but overall it's not that bad. I still have my reasons for staying on Valkyrie though.

#317 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 04:47 AM

We need a supply seller npc for wiz and bottle acid/grenades for alchy, and gems and elemental stones for swage and hunter and several other supplies. I just had to hunt 60 mandragoras + 60 poison spores + 30 whispers + 20 verits + a few ants for empty bottles + resetting stats to pot and reset back to normal...

...for 2 uses of acid terror and 2 uses of acid bomb -_-. At least I got to test the drop rate nerf when you hunt on a higher level chara xP

#318 Akihiro

Akihiro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1235 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 14 September 2010 - 05:39 AM

Yeah, supply npcs for everything would be great.

#319 CatMuto

CatMuto

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 14 September 2010 - 09:10 AM

The third job classes are going to be fun I canâ??t Weight. I have one question though. To become 3rd class do you have to trans first and be 99/70. Because someone told me that I can just go straight to 3rd class from a non-trans lv 99/50. Is that true? http://forums.warppo...tyle_emoticons/default/533.gif

You can become 3rd Class wether you trans or not - however it's suggested to do it with transing.
It might take longer, but you get the 25% HP+SP Increase as well.

C-A

#320 darkdito1884

darkdito1884

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 370 posts
  • LocationAllentown,PA

Posted 14 September 2010 - 11:42 AM

and also i heard if you go to 3rd class b4 transing you cant continue to lvl up passed 99

#321 Pingchan

Pingchan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 233 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 14 September 2010 - 11:44 AM

^Naw. You just miss out on the bonus HP/SP, stats, and trans skills.

#322 Krispin

Krispin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 787 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 01:16 PM

Although you can go third job without transing I can't see many people doing it, nor would I ever recommend doing so.
Anyone impatient enough to go third job immediately will likely be unwilling to train up higher anyway with the sudden staggering increase of required exp.

#323 CocaCola

CocaCola

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1007 posts
  • LocationNE
  • Server:Classic

Posted 14 September 2010 - 02:18 PM

Yeah...not seeing myself doing the stupid monk test again for testing Sura skills for 10minutes. Put 1st->2nd class npc in again, or maybe everyone is just missing it -_-

#324 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 02:20 PM

-Nods- I can see why they want us doing the Third Class job change quests... To be honest, the Genetic one was actually pretty fun once I realized the experiment stage was random and there was no specific formula.

But having to do the second class quests is insane. And I assume now we need to actually trans in Juno and do the mini quest?

#325 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 04:25 PM

Talk to heidi or the weird valky, or the chair once you are job level 50. I'm not sure which I talked to from them by missclick, but it offered me to change into alchy. Maybe we could have the npcs renamed to more descriptive names (like "Heidi, the second class changer") while we test.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users