Renewal/Yggdrasil Testing Discussion Thread - Page 15 - Archives - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 3 votes

Renewal/Yggdrasil Testing Discussion Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
389 replies to this topic

#351 Michuu

Michuu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 164 posts
  • LocationINSIDE YOUR BATHROOM. I'M WATCHING YOU PEE.

Posted 16 September 2010 - 10:13 PM

w Gravity makes more money on Valkery then main server anyway just on Warpportal points people buy on the server.

lol no they don't.

The GMs already stated that the premium players are the ones that bring in more money. To throw logic into this, the premium players, for the most part, are the ones who are old enough to pay for a monthly subscription-- so in other words, they have a credit card to do whatever else they want to as well. (Not only that, but I've played both servers, and I know personally that a larger amount of premium players pay for KP far more than people on Valk do. =P)

Edited by Michuu, 16 September 2010 - 10:15 PM.

#352 Pingchan

Pingchan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 233 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 16 September 2010 - 11:11 PM

^They said that when valk was still new, AGES ago. For all we know its the exact opposite by now...

I know plenty valk players spend a TON (and yes, there ARE a lot of adults on valk despite what some premies choose to believe); hell, just one friend of mine spent over $1100 on lucky boxes, and that was just one of the lucky box events... :wah:

#353 Blubba

Blubba

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 193 posts
  • LocationCork, Ireland
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 17 September 2010 - 11:54 AM

Sadly STILL no Headgear NPC :wah:
There goes my dream of making my +7 Spiky with Katheryn Card in it to test it out .... :wah: :D

#354 Carlossus

Carlossus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 18 September 2010 - 11:56 AM

Blubba, try a circlet. They're on sale in geffen item shop (magic trader), can get the 3 steel for socket enchant from item seller in pront. And then you are guaranteed the +7 upgrade with the wheelchair upgrade guy to test out with :wah:

#355 ikeren

ikeren

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts
  • Locationchicity
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 19 September 2010 - 05:36 AM

We should do a Betting pool to see how many people actually start playing Ygg for srrs.
I think it will probably hover around 1xx the first week of opening (Valk players who bought subs might still have them, Ymir players messing around), after that it might drop to >5x. New players might possibly bring 7x maybe. http://forums.warppo...tyle_emoticons/default/050.gif

Edited by ikeren, 19 September 2010 - 05:37 AM.

#356 Elly

Elly

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 168 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 September 2010 - 06:13 AM

I love the fact that the private chat windows now are transparent.

Edited by Elly, 19 September 2010 - 06:14 AM.

#357 Tychon

Tychon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 08:53 AM

WoE was awesome last night. It's funny how a Valk guild took the castle when we are all poor kids who cant afford a sub...

#358 Metatonix

Metatonix

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts
  • LocationSoCal, USA - Retired from iRO

Posted 22 September 2010 - 07:24 PM

WoE was awesome last night. It's funny how a Valk guild took the castle when we are all poor kids who cant afford a sub...

I don't think a comment like that is fair or relevent to testing WoE on Ygg and begs for a flame war. For those who weren't there, something more constructive could have been offered instead.

Try to keep in mind that premium WoE's have been few and far between without incident and that we're regularly paying for use of our main characters. I myself am on hourly for several accounts, I'm not going to waste my sub on Ygg for WoE. While I agree, it does need to be tested, I can see Valkyrie players putting forth more effort than Ymir players simply because we're busy using our subs for our main characters.

#359 Tychon

Tychon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 06:24 AM

My comment was a jab at Gravity for doing a poor job implementing WoE on renewal. It didnt start when they said, they planned to start it at the time Valkyrie WoE ended, so had it started on time, we wouldn't have had time to get ready. When the emp did go up, it was a single GX from our guild that out broke whomever else was hitting the emp. I was also pointing out the irony, that you need a sub to play Ygg, but the guild that got the break plays a server that doesn't need a sub. I don't understand why you think Valk players would be more likely to put forth effort than players who already have subscriptions... I also like pointing out that just because we don't pay subs, doesnt mean we dont spend more than premies and based on the idea that premies deserve better than Valk I could argue that I deserve better than the 95% of RO players whom I pay more money than.

Renewal WoE didnt work and was at a stupid time. Gravity needs to plan better. Valkyrie won the first WoE on renewal. Yay!

#360 lemon

lemon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 11:36 AM

Here's a question I'm sure many GX classes and maybe even some Champ/Shura class players are wondering.
Will "Snap" be disabled in WoE?
"Why should it be disabled?" ya might ask?
Well because of how similar skills (not exact duplicates); but other class skills with kinda the same results are disabled so will Snap also be disabled in WoE, or will it get special treatment and be untouched?
What other skills are disabled? Well that TK skill leap that allows you to move from 1 cell to a cell several cells away is disabled (sure it's kinda unfair to leap over and above walls), but then there's that brand new skill coming out for the Sins: Dark Illusion. It is a very similar version of Snap, in that it moves the caster to a specified cell on screen, except it has more restriction, like that it requires there to actually have a target there to even move there in the first place. Where as Snap, you can just press Snap, click on any near by cell, and poof, you're there.
So...
will Snap be disabled like the rest of the "instant moving" skills?
or
will the rest of the "instant moving" skills be enabled?
or
will Snap get preferential treatment, and the rest of the classes get screwed?

#361 Miii

Miii

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1219 posts
  • LocationIn this dazzling world

Posted 25 September 2010 - 09:50 PM

Meh, I tried it >_> the skills are so overpowered.

#362 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 25 September 2010 - 09:57 PM

My comment was a jab at Gravity for doing a poor job implementing WoE on renewal. It didnt start when they said, they planned to start it at the time Valkyrie WoE ended, so had it started on time, we wouldn't have had time to get ready. When the emp did go up, it was a single GX from our guild that out broke whomever else was hitting the emp. I was also pointing out the irony, that you need a sub to play Ygg, but the guild that got the break plays a server that doesn't need a sub. I don't understand why you think Valk players would be more likely to put forth effort than players who already have subscriptions... I also like pointing out that just because we don't pay subs, doesnt mean we dont spend more than premies and based on the idea that premies deserve better than Valk I could argue that I deserve better than the 95% of RO players whom I pay more money than.

Renewal WoE didnt work and was at a stupid time. Gravity needs to plan better. Valkyrie won the first WoE on renewal. Yay!

Well, if there is one thing Valkyrie is good at, it is taking over empty castles.

Honestly, when it comes to stuff, I really don't mind the approach of other games. As nice as it is that Gravity takes the time to communicate with players, I wish they would do a little less communication and social networking and a little more fixing things.

#363 Eminence

Eminence

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 265 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 26 September 2010 - 08:29 AM

Here's a question I'm sure many GX classes and maybe even some Champ/Shura class players are wondering.
Well because of how similar skills (not exact duplicates); but other class skills with kinda the same results are disabled so will Snap also be disabled in WoE, or will it get special treatment and be untouched?
What other skills are disabled? Well that TK skill leap that allows you to move from 1 cell to a cell several cells away is disabled (sure it's kinda unfair to leap over and above walls), but then there's that brand new skill coming out for the Sins: Dark Illusion. It is a very similar version of Snap, in that it moves the caster to a specified cell on screen, except it has more restriction, like that it requires there to actually have a target there to even move there in the first place. Where as Snap, you can just press Snap, click on any near by cell, and poof, you're there.
So...
or
or

Come to think of it I'm curious about this question as well, how is it in other versions of Ragnarok Renewal?

#364 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 08:53 AM

I can see Valkyrie players putting forth more effort than Ymir players simply because we're busy using our subs for our main characters.

And this is a good reason why testing should have been offered to anyone and outside of events like dragons... mainly because there are things and combinations I want to test, like cast times on strings, without strings, with/without sacrament... Or endows and several things that would be a lot easier to test if we could just multiclient several accounts. I'm neither paying several accounts to test, nor spending hours finding several people to slave me while I test...

#365 LemnzestManatee

LemnzestManatee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 455 posts
  • Server:RO2 Odin ch. 5

Posted 27 September 2010 - 09:37 PM

So...
or
or

Yeah, I wanna know too! Dark Illusion is totally a nerfed version of Snap, yet its disabled in WoE. Therefore, by that logic, Snap should definitely be disabled!

#366 BobaTea

BobaTea

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 144 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 28 September 2010 - 10:54 AM

I dont understand why Valk is so hostile about premium servers..
One you pay to play on premium...
Less or if not any bots on premuim.
We pay plus buy Kafra Points galore, thus supporting Ro far more than a free server.
So whats the issue about woe?

Its like this to me... you get what you pay for.
Premium is always Better than free servers.
I know I have paid for & Played many MMO's. Most of the free ones I upgraded to premium. all
I can say its worth it... Nothing wrong with a free slice of cake, But premium gets the Whole Cake & the all you can eat buffet.

#367 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 12:27 PM

Except the free server has a good number of advantages over the premiums lol

#368 Shinobi

Shinobi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 335 posts
  • LocationSakray > Iris >Ymir

Posted 28 September 2010 - 12:32 PM

I can say its worth it... Nothing wrong with a free slice of cake, But premium gets the Whole Cake & the all you can eat buffet.

More like premiums get clean dishes to eat the cake from. While the free slice of cake ends up being a ticket into the buffet for a free for all chow down - No spoon!

#369 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 05:07 PM

I dont understand why Valk is so hostile about premium servers..
One you pay to play on premium...
Less or if not any bots on premuim.
We pay plus buy Kafra Points galore, thus supporting Ro far more than a free server.
So whats the issue about woe?

Its like this to me... you get what you pay for.
Premium is always Better than free servers.
I know I have paid for & Played many MMO's. Most of the free ones I upgraded to premium. all

There are ymir and valkyrie players who spend a lot on RO, and there are ymir and valkyrie players who spend just the esential or nothing at all on RO. Saying anything different is speaking impossible to prove assumptions ^^;. There are also ymir players hostile to valkyrie and valkyrie players hostile to ymir. Just because I guess xP

Iro doesn't have a premium server. Iro has a paid server with supposedly premium features that in practice are not-so premium. If ymir/ygg had the option to pay for a subscription with unlimited accounts (or just several, say: paying for your warp portal account and letting you link up to 5 RO accounts to that portal account), and had some system to bring cards and items nobody hunts for... in short, if ymir/ygg had all the good points from valkyrie, plus a few extra features, minus the bad features; then ymir/ygg would be premium servers.

As it is now, we have 2 different servers with different pros and cons, and in my opinion the pros of valky being stronger than the pros of ymir....

#370 NinjaMaster

NinjaMaster

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 11:32 AM

Except the free server has a good number of advantages over the premiums lol

ok name the advantages free server has over premiums

#371 Pingchan

Pingchan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 233 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 30 September 2010 - 12:53 PM

Off the top of my head...unlimited free accounts, cheaper enriched, no GTB, etc.

#372 SisterMary

SisterMary

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 12:55 PM

free

unlimited accounts

more players

no gtb etc...

oh did i mention its free

#373 gahni

gahni

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 03:36 PM

WOW are you explicit deleted still complaining over who is better, premium or freemium? this is sad... cant it at least be taken to like... a thread named "lets whine and argue with eachother cause some of us pay to play and some of us dont" this is supposed to be the Renewal Testing thread... by the time i got finished reading all the new posts (1/2 of them having absolutely nothing to do with Ygg/Renewal testing)... whats the point of having this thread? i thought it was supposed to help the GMs by giving them feedback. Not to hate on the people from the other server while trying to brag about the one you play on.

Okay lets just face it, Valkyrie is the best. wait no Ymir is the best. Wait but Valkyrie pays more money to Gravity. Wait no you gotta prove it cause Ymir players pay subscriptions and buy more points from Gravity cause they have jobs and can afford to buy things... really you guys this is not helping the GMs out at all during the testing for a long awaited update.

#374 NinjaMaster

NinjaMaster

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 05:01 AM

Off the top of my head...unlimited free accounts, cheaper enriched, no GTB, etc.

cheaper enriched, but valk has no safe upgrade so that is not an advantage valk has over premium

free

unlimited accounts

more players

no gtb etc...

oh did i mention its free

i prefer to pay $10 a month to get rid of the bots and zeny seller spambots, and in terms of more players, there is not more players but people with more accts. about no GTB, a good player knows how to get around a GTB user.

Edited by NinjaMaster, 01 October 2010 - 05:03 AM.

#375 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 06:34 AM

Being able to make unlimited buff accounts outweighs 1.5x exp by FAR. Bots make supplying/consumables/required items way easier to get and afford. The ONLY real disadvantage is upgrading.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users