Renewal/Yggdrasil Testing Discussion Thread - Page 8 - Archives - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 3 votes

Renewal/Yggdrasil Testing Discussion Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
389 replies to this topic

#176 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 09 September 2010 - 10:00 AM

The rates need upping. And we need a zeny NPC so we can play with all the gear on sale.

I'm fine with having to level, but not with having to do it at these rates. I want to help you test the server, the new leveling system, everything... But could you please make it a little easier? I have an account on Ymir to play too.

#177 Project66

Project66

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 10:02 AM

Add some NPCs that hop you to level 99 max job and one that hops you to 150 max job. That way we can test Transing, 3rd classing without transing and all the high end skills/stat builds. Yes?

I doubt they would do that, thats why it called testing so u can really feel how to lvl it from 1 to 150 not only 99 plus the exp on how they adjust it and u can also find some bugs while u lvling as well, but we can hope for the NPC to get as to high lvl :o

#178 Plum

Plum

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Server:Classic

Posted 09 September 2010 - 10:06 AM

I was excited to participate in renewal testing..... but then I tried logging in and it tells me I need to pay?! WTF? A paid test server?!

Do I really need to whip out my wallet and pay $10 to test this for a week and then have my character wiped?

I just want to reserve my character name but I feel like if I have to pay $10 just to reserve a character name for the future, I'm being cheated......

#179 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 10:11 AM

I was excited to participate in renewal testing..... but then I tried logging in and it tells me I need to pay?! WTF? A paid test server?!

Do I really need to whip out my wallet and pay $10 to test this for a week and then have my character wiped?

I just want to reserve my character name but I feel like if I have to pay $10 just to reserve a character name for the future, I'm being cheated......

You only need to reserve a name if you plan on playing on Ygg in the future.

And if that's the case, you'll need to pay then since it is a Premium server.

#180 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 10:15 AM

I doubt they would do that, thats why it called testing so u can really feel how to lvl it from 1 to 150 not only 99 plus the exp on how they adjust it and u can also find some bugs while u lvling as well, but we can hope for the NPC to get as to high lvl :o

You still can, but can test whichever levels you want to then. No one wants to level to 150 on normal rates just so they can "test" lol

#181 Project66

Project66

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 10:16 AM

You still can, but can test whichever levels you want to then. No one wants to level to 150 on normal rates just so they can "test" lol

well sooner or later u will lvl ur character from lvl 1 to 150

#182 Talvis

Talvis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1985 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Midwest
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 09 September 2010 - 10:19 AM

Okay, I downloaded the torrent, but before I could install, I had to rename the file with .exe at the end.

#183 Plum

Plum

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Server:Classic

Posted 09 September 2010 - 10:20 AM

You only need to reserve a name if you plan on playing on Ygg in the future.

And if that's the case, you'll need to pay then since it is a Premium server.

I like fresh-start servers so I might play it in the future, but I still think it's cruel to charge money for a test server.

And even more cruel that this test server was announced so many times without any mention that you have to have an active paid subscription to play.
It sucks to wait so long to download a ~2GB file only to be told at the last second that you can't play. They should tell people something that important BEFORE they go through the trouble of downloading such a big file. >_<

#184 Akihiro

Akihiro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1235 posts
  • LocationWashington
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 09 September 2010 - 10:28 AM

The sad fact about this is that I probably would have paid for a sub if I knew it was going to be pay to play in advance, but nope, secret til you find out for yourself.

#185 joanne

joanne

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 09 September 2010 - 10:32 AM

increased rates but should have a npc to make you high novice the way we are going most people wont reach lvl 90 and never get to test 3rd jobs i know they want us to get a fell of the exp but with no zeny to buy gear its hard i know we will have to get used to how it will be but this is a test server to find bugs not to get a fell on how it will be like >__< atleast have a npc to give zeny or just boost exp for the testing

#186 Pingchan

Pingchan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 233 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 09 September 2010 - 10:41 AM

The sad fact about this is that I probably would have paid for a sub if I knew it was going to be pay to play in advance, but nope, secret til you find out for yourself.

This. There's no way I'm gonna give them even a penny for this screw up.

They were really sneaky about it, only time they said it was pay to test was hidden in that one topic in the renewal testing sub forum... I guess they knew people'd freak out so they kept it hidden. :o

#187 ikeren

ikeren

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts
  • Locationchicity
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 09 September 2010 - 10:48 AM

lol Valk.

#188 Tigra

Tigra

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1656 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 10:52 AM

This. There's no way I'm gonna give them even a penny for this screw up.

They were really sneaky about it, only time they said it was pay to test was hidden in that one topic in the renewal testing sub forum... I guess they knew people'd freak out so they kept it hidden. :o

I pay $10/mo for 3 accounts on a server that's dying and has miniscule benefits compared to the free server.

I think this is fine. So you have to pay $10 one month to test renewal out. All Valk people need to get over it; your game is free the rest of the time.

#189 ikeren

ikeren

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts
  • Locationchicity

Posted 09 September 2010 - 10:57 AM

Valk quit QQing and pay the 10$ if it's that important to you.

#190 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 10:59 AM

lol Valk.

Silence and go back to test my renewal. I want it ready in a week, okayz?

Edited by Kadnya, 09 September 2010 - 11:00 AM.

#191 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 11:00 AM

All the whining translates to "The new test server operates the same as Sakray! -Cry-"

Really why is everyone so surprised. Ygg is here to test. Not to bot. Personally, I love that we get some quality control.

#192 hinatasou

hinatasou

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 245 posts
  • Location10 miles from Gravity HQ, Los Angeles

Posted 09 September 2010 - 11:03 AM

zeny plox!!

#193 ikeren

ikeren

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts
  • Locationchicity

Posted 09 September 2010 - 11:04 AM

Silence and go back to test my renewal. I want it ready in a week, okayz?

I'm going to find a bug and not report it just for you Kad~ http://forums.warppo...tyle_emoticons/default/656.gif

#194 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 11:06 AM

It's okayz, I already tested it on kRO, so you can be happy with your bug. But please, do report all that engrished translations, google translate should charge for when it is used to translate commercial games :x

edit: google, not goggle xP

Edited by Kadnya, 09 September 2010 - 11:06 AM.

#195 ikeren

ikeren

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts
  • Locationchicity

Posted 09 September 2010 - 11:11 AM

It will make me extremely happy if I happen to find any engrish.

#196 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 11:14 AM

It will make me extremely happy if I happen to find any engrish.

You're going to be ecstatic, then.

#197 Talvis

Talvis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1985 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Midwest
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 09 September 2010 - 11:15 AM

I was assuming that it would be p2p. The new interface is taking some time getting use to. I wasn't able to make it out of training before maint. Gotta remember, Alt + a for equipment now. I didn't realize the chat window showed monster dmg and exp gained. Nice feature, may turn it off eventually, but nice. Quests are way more obvious now!

#198 Aethereal

Aethereal

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 88 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 09 September 2010 - 11:18 AM

I do not think they will let us transfer our char from ymir or valk to the new server for a long time, if they do they are dumber then they are by doing what they plan on

But then you have to ask yourself why are they giving us all these events to make it so easy to 99 a character if we're never going to be able to use them in Renewal (or the drops we're hunting now on double drops event; they're all wasted)? They enjoy making us bust our asses off and wasting our time for nothing? haha. It would make a lot of sense to at least be able to transfer a character.

I really think a fresh start would be more appealing to the veteran players. It totally sucks-_- for "newer" players like myself (within the last year) who are just now in a position to get awesome gear. =( that was directed at whoever said a fresh start was good.

However, I think people shouldn't worry about it so much yet. It's too soon. Just go make a character on the test server, play it for a week, and then see what they do with it after that week. You may find that all your time spent qqing was wasted. ;o

hahaha kad <3 you finally got it it! n_n +1

#199 ikeren

ikeren

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts
  • Locationchicity

Posted 09 September 2010 - 11:19 AM

You're going to be ecstatic, then.

omfg I gotta get on there before they fix it lolll. 6 more hours. ): Fsking FTP dl timed out while I was at school.

#200 Elly

Elly

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 11:27 AM

Yeah the rates really need to get increased.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users