Renewal/Yggdrasil Testing Discussion Thread - Page 6 - Archives - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 3 votes

Renewal/Yggdrasil Testing Discussion Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
389 replies to this topic

#126 Akihiro

Akihiro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1235 posts
  • LocationWashington
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 08 September 2010 - 11:03 PM

If you really do need a subscription to test it...Thats pretty dirty of the GMs, not saying anything, getting everyone's hopes up. :p_devil:

Indeed. Lack of clarification must be a trend down at Gravity US. Thanks Heim for answering so many of our questions and giving us so much insight, you are truly the best Community Manager around.

#127 Soukosa

Soukosa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 11:09 PM

Those that haven't gotten on yet aren't missing much. They finally made shops for all of the items but guess what? You have no zeny to buy any of it. The 1st job quests haven't been updated either so you don't get any equips to start out with from there either. There seems to be a leveling NPC hidden in some far off cornor that no one can find. Lots of fun, isn't it?

#128 Akihiro

Akihiro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1235 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 08 September 2010 - 11:14 PM

Those that haven't gotten on yet aren't missing much. They finally made shops for all of the items but guess what? You have no zeny to buy any of it. The 1st job quests haven't been updated either so you don't get any equips to start out with from there either. There seems to be a leveling NPC hidden in some far off cornor that no one can find. Lots of fun, isn't it?

I played on cRO's official renewal server with nothing but my cotton shirt and knife. It's really not that hard to get started, zeny or not, especially with 10x rates. Just be glad you can play. =|

#129 Soukosa

Soukosa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 11:17 PM

Ygg has 1x rates right now though.

#130 ZeoKenX

ZeoKenX

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 11:23 PM

Heh,who cares now man,2/3s of the players cant connect without a subscription anyhow which are gonna lead to more bugs being left undiscovered due to a low player count on those servers,there lost really :/.Meanwhile Iam semi retired until this is fully installed on Valk,football season starts up today anyway,have fun Ymir players while I watch the Saints get pounced on by the Vikings.Be easy guys and take care.

#131 Pingchan

Pingchan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 233 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 08 September 2010 - 11:26 PM

Heh,who cares now man,2/3s of the players cant connect without a subscription anyhow which are gonna lead to more bugs being left undiscovered due to a low player count on those servers,there lost really :/.

Pretty much this. :p_devil: A shame, really...

#132 Serenity

Serenity

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 11:34 PM

I ran the file as administrator and it still doesn't do anything but freeze up the folder which i opened it from.. :/

#133 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 September 2010 - 11:35 PM

Pretty much this. :p_devil: A shame, really...

+1. I hope for the good of everyone that ymir players do an excellent testing. I can understand an idea of giving valk server the renewal update late, months late if you want, but a test server isn't the update. You are supposed to be searching for bugs and potential problems, so the more testing you can have, the better for you.

It was several times asked that everyone had access to renewal testing when it came, and that a long testing season passed before renewal came live on iRO. I recall heim saying in old forums that we would have a long testing and maybe do some changes depending on what it was better for iRO.

I don't understand why would you do exactly the opposite: a closed testing, a fast testing, and on top of that open a new paid sever when you merged the existing ones a few months ago. :D

#134 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 08 September 2010 - 11:44 PM

I don't understand why would you do exactly the opposite: a closed testing, a fast testing, and on top of that open a new paid sever when you merged the existing ones a few months ago. :p_devil:

Posted Image

#135 Krispin

Krispin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 787 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 11:47 PM

Oh, Gravity...
I'd really like to say they're doing a good job sometimes.

I'd like to.

But sometimes... you just make it really hard.

#136 Wyna

Wyna

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 66 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 09 September 2010 - 12:29 AM

I've got to come out of lurking at some point.. and what better a time?

I thought I'd put in my word too- about not letting non-subscription players test out the renewal server.

I have to agree that I am rather disappointed in the lack of information available to us players. There is still not a place where anyone can find a straight answer about who can really play the test server. Its just plain cruel to advertise a new test server to all without specifying that only the paying community can play. Valkyrie players spend money too, actually, on Kafra points. Sometimes the sheer amount of Kafra points bought in one week per player adds up to even more than many months of subscription! I know because my freaking husband did it just yesterday. x_X

You are discouraging much of the Ragnarok community as well as sabotaging your own efforts to produce a functional server.

And just what is going to happen when Renewal is implemented anyway? Is all our hard work going to be lost and everything reset? Are separate servers going to be established? Will resets be given? What? I'm really excited to be here for a change in Ragnarok, but without all the information I don't even know if its welcome. Anyone can learn the details of Renewal through Doddler's wiki, but that can't tell us what Gravity plans to do with the ordeal.

I hope I'm not coming off as a retard here, but I wanted to add my support in getting better treatment as a faithful player.

#137 LordVader

LordVader

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 09 September 2010 - 12:33 AM

I begin to wonder if anyone at Gravity has played Ragnarok at all or even knows what the game is like. I would like to believe they do, but their decisions lead me to think otherwise. Time will tell.

#138 kareneiko

kareneiko

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 12:39 AM

I don't see what the problem is if you already pay money for Kafra shop items (IF you do), a measly $10 is nothing if you really want to test Renewals for 1+ weeks.

#139 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 09 September 2010 - 12:40 AM

I begin to wonder if anyone at Gravity has played Ragnarok at all or even knows what the game is like. I would like to believe they do, but their decisions lead me to think otherwise. Time will tell.

Heim says they're "encouraged" to play the game, which makes me think they don't. And the recent decisions with the Kafra Shop only serves to affirm that assumption.

#140 Akihiro

Akihiro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1235 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 09 September 2010 - 12:57 AM

Wonder what'll happen next, having to pay to reset our characters on valk after renewal is put on it? I wouldn't doubt it.

Stats and skills don't match up with renewal? You play Valkyrie? For only 500 kafra points you can reset your stats and skills once! Thank you for shopping with Gravity Incorporated. Oh and the item only has a 25% success rate, have fun! :p_devil:

#141 Krispin

Krispin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 787 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 01:00 AM

And the item comes from a lucky box S rank.

#142 Chaiso

Chaiso

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 01:19 AM

After waiting for hours for this to finish downloading I am disappointed. When I install it I get an error telling that some installation files are corrupt and I need to download a fresh copy and try again. :p_devil: Ridiculous.

#143 Ultimate

Ultimate

Ultimate Event Inventor

• Members
  • 2915 posts
  • LocationValhalla Dwarf NPC

Posted 09 September 2010 - 03:20 AM

woot! renewal! i dont care if it works but it's downloading!

#144 Shinobi

Shinobi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 335 posts
  • LocationSakray > Iris >Ymir

Posted 09 September 2010 - 03:23 AM

Wow, you guys are way out there. Ymir players also spend tons of money on kafra shop items. And like was stated previously, if you truly spend tons of money on kafra shop items, drop another 10$ dollars and go premium and play the test server.

Trust me, there will be enough people testing content without the swarm. We don't want to give bots a testing ground so they can adapt to renewal when it hits. Thank you Gm's for keeping it p2p.

That's why we have paid 10$ a month, every month. Because we have premium benefits. Finally.

#145 Mart

Mart

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 03:34 AM

Wow, you guys are way out there. Ymir players also spend tons of money on kafra shop items. And like was stated previously, if you truly spend tons of money on kafra shop items, drop another 10$ dollars and go premium and play the test server.

Trust me, there will be enough people testing content without the swarm. We don't want to give bots a testing ground so they can adapt to renewal when it hits. Thank you Gm's for keeping it p2p.

That's why we have paid 10$ a month, every month. Because we have premium benefits. Finally.

+1

And trust me, there will be enough players around to test. I also believe ymir has quite some more players than valk (excluding those bots).

Edited by Mart, 09 September 2010 - 03:41 AM.

#146 Ultimate

Ultimate

Ultimate Event Inventor

• Members
  • 2915 posts
  • LocationValhalla Dwarf NPC

Posted 09 September 2010 - 03:36 AM

this thread could probably be moved/unpinned now as there is now a forum for renewal testing. and +1 for shinobi

Edited by Ultimate, 09 September 2010 - 03:37 AM.

#147 Prodigy

Prodigy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1340 posts
  • LocationTX
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 09 September 2010 - 04:11 AM

WHAT it's up for download already?? Damn, I wish I could skip school, get in my car, and drive straight home already :p_devil:

Ymir gets updated before Valk, hasnt it always been like that?

Ymir and Valk gets updates at the same time, it's just that Valk players need to buy a Poring Key if they want to access new content a month ahead of the rest of the server.

#148 joanne

joanne

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 572 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 05:11 AM

its just one day of school bummer the internet is crap in australia taken 2 hrs so far then the download failed then i restart it from iro wiki site instead ~___~ n 30 min later 15% done T___T

#149 hinatasou

hinatasou

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 245 posts
  • Location10 miles from Gravity HQ, Los Angeles

Posted 09 September 2010 - 05:15 AM

gah my post to Doddler got deleted, whole topic disappeared

#150 Doddler

Doddler

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1035 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 09 September 2010 - 05:22 AM

And just what is going to happen when Renewal is implemented anyway? Is all our hard work going to be lost and everything reset? Are separate servers going to be established? Will resets be given? What? I'm really excited to be here for a change in Ragnarok, but without all the information I don't even know if its welcome. Anyone can learn the details of Renewal through Doddler's wiki, but that can't tell us what Gravity plans to do with the ordeal.

I hope I'm not coming off as a retard here, but I wanted to add my support in getting better treatment as a faithful player.

I can tell you with like 99% certainty that:

1) Renewal will go on mains without any loss of character data, items, etc. It will be like a normal patch, you will log in one day and suddenly, renewal.
2) They are almost certainly going to offer stat and skill resets on both existing servers when renewal comes, likely as a temporary measure for existing characters.
3) After testing, Yggdrasil will be reset and become a premium server. However, even then Yggdrasil will have renewal live for a while prior to Ymir and Valk getting the renewal update perhaps by a period of one or more months.

To be fair, the current setup is an identical copy of the Korean Sakray server, which additionally had no measures for getting zeny. :p_devil:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users