My take on the turn in special maps - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

My take on the turn in special maps

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 Fluffylovr

Fluffylovr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • LocationHawaii~
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valk

Posted 21 January 2012 - 01:00 AM

Turn In Special Maps

Pros

• Everyone can warp to the special maps.
  • Controlled atmosphere preventing BB and DB.
  • Same exact monsters as the origional version of the map.
  • Non-Vip Members can take advantage of being in the instance longer.
Have more Pros? Tell me and I will update this list.

Cons

• When finished with quest and you disconnect you may not go back.
  • You cannot help your friends if your timer is on and they are doing it.
  • You cannot take advantage of the heightened spawn when in level range to level beyond the turn in 400 count.
  • You are forced to reset to take advantage of this special map.
  • Takes away from people doing access quests. - HRdevil
Have more Cons? Tell me and I will update this list.

What are your opinions on these special maps for the turn in's?

My answer:
Overall my opinion is neutral. I have been disconnected when leading a party in the special map and unable to go back because I finished and I either do not have a reset stone to get back in, or I am on the reset stone timer and just plain screwed out of the instance. I do think it is nice to provide it to leave people who train in the normal maps at their own piece of mind, heightened parties can be annoying when trying to level on a map.
I am neutral and overall I think you should be allowed to warp in so long as you are in required level range.

I would like to hear how fellow RO members feel about them. (:

Edited by Fluffylovr, 21 January 2012 - 01:06 AM.

#2 HRdevil

HRdevil

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1165 posts
  • LocationMassachusets
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 21 January 2012 - 01:04 AM

I think it sucks big time. They are forcing out $$$ what's left to the game and the badest part of all is that it totally cancels the reason of doing any kind of access quest just to get to the part on the turn in.

It's either pay or go away

#3 Codface

Codface

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 01:04 AM

Bifrost map isnt good and wont be used

#4 Fluffylovr

Fluffylovr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • LocationHawaii~

Posted 21 January 2012 - 01:06 AM

I agree on the access quest part, all you need to do is hope you are in level and bingo you are in.

#5 Skotios

Skotios

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 01:27 AM

Why are access quests even a part of this topic? That was one of the main points non VIP people were complaining about so they finally allowed non-vip people to be able to warp to the maps using this method. Honestly the main reason was to keep the normal maps good for soloers yes? Why not just let anyone access the maps, not gonna do a whole lot of harm imo? What if my AB is in share range of the party but is 1 level too high to enter? That's still lame imo.

#6 PedroProplayer

PedroProplayer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos/Renewal

Posted 21 January 2012 - 01:49 AM

I am highly bothered by how I can t go back and grind levels at Nogg Road event map because I'm done for the day. It's like telling players GET YOUR TURN IN DONE AND GET OUT. Not just it kinda kills my willpower to grind levels like it was originally intended for this game, as it also makes it harder to find parties, since people can only stay so long in the map.

If you allow warp to those maps for all players, I am all for it staying this way, otherwise, no.

#7 sukidayo

sukidayo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 03:54 AM

it's reset or gtfo.

#8 huad

huad

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 697 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 04:42 AM

Cons

• When finished with quest and you disconnect you may not go back.
  • You cannot help your friends if your timer is on and they are doing it.
  • You cannot take advantage of the heightened spawn when in level range to level beyond the turn in 400 count.

Those 3 cons are the exact same thing. If these things were allowed, the turn in maps would be crowded as :blaugh:. I mean come on, instant access to a map with ramped up spawn? Seriously, if it was a turn in map like Scaraba Lv2 and you had a free warp directly there with 2x-3x the spawn, everyone would be leveling there even without the turn in quest.

Personally, I've exploited turn in maps like crazy. For example, a while back, I leveled on the Scaraba Lv1 turn in map (without even having the turn in quest) and I was getting about 60% per half hour at Lv145+ on a Geneticist. If I had an instant warp there, it'd be even more amazing. Easy mode. There's a reason why I have 3 150's, and as much as you want to believe, it's not because I'm a no-life loser that plays RO all day in a diaper that my mom has to change every time I void.

If I really wanted, I could level without using any supplies if I had instant access to the map, although the exp would be slower.

1.) Give myself Gentle Touch Revit and whatever buffs you can think of.
2.) Instant warp to the map.
3.) Take 1's from monsters and pwn faces.
4.) B.wing
5.) Use the inn.
6.) Repeat.

Edited by huad, 21 January 2012 - 04:56 AM.

#9 iiNote

iiNote

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 21 January 2012 - 07:28 AM

Those 3 cons are the exact same thing. If these things were allowed, the turn in maps would be crowded as :blaugh:. I mean come on, instant access to a map with ramped up spawn? Seriously, if it was a turn in map like Scaraba Lv2 and you had a free warp directly there with 2x-3x the spawn, everyone would be leveling there even without the turn in quest.

Personally, I've exploited turn in maps like crazy. For example, a while back, I leveled on the Scaraba Lv1 turn in map (without even having the turn in quest) and I was getting about 60% per half hour at Lv145+ on a Geneticist. If I had an instant warp there, it'd be even more amazing. Easy mode. There's a reason why I have 3 150's, and as much as you want to believe, it's not because I'm a no-life loser that plays RO all day in a diaper that my mom has to change every time I void.

If I really wanted, I could level without using any supplies if I had instant access to the map, although the exp would be slower.

1.) Give myself Gentle Touch Revit and whatever buffs you can think of.
2.) Instant warp to the map.
3.) Take 1's from monsters and pwn faces.
4.) B.wing
5.) Use the inn.
6.) Repeat.

I agree with huad... This maps would be far too crowded if they would allow for comebacks. I like the way it is. And I loled at the people complaining that there are no more entrance quest... hahahaha. That was the whole reason they made this new instances DERP, cause everyone was complaining that making the quests for non VIP's was too long/tiresome.

People will always look for something to complain on this forums lol.

#10 wonka

wonka

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts
  • LocationTamaulipas, Mexico~
  • Server:Loki>Ymir>Chaos~

Posted 21 January 2012 - 09:36 AM

they should increase respawn on normal maps too so ppl can lvl there

#11 SilX

SilX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 11:43 AM

I like em. Doesn't leave anyone of level out of the fun.

#12 Falcifer

Falcifer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 355 posts
  • Server:RE:Start

Posted 21 January 2012 - 05:27 PM

Have you seen the massive mobs in the nogg2 instance, with over 50+ monsters on one island? Being crowded by people isn't an issue, since those 50 monsters would instantly respawn in random spots. You could probably easily get more than 10 of those large camping parties spread throughout the map and there'd be no problems.
It'd be a much friendlier place to level (ex: if you had a useless class that no one will party, get someone with a strong alt to come do kills for you) if you could always get in, no matter what.

#13 Chigikogou

Chigikogou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1778 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 January 2012 - 06:44 PM

Turn In Special Maps

Pros

[list=1]
[*]Everyone can warp to the special maps.

I did the Sign Quest .. in hopes of monopolising Geffenia.
Yet there is a Geffenia turn in...

#14 sukidayo

sukidayo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 07:05 PM

what would be fun for others (like unlimited entry), is totally abusable by the hardcore players.

#15 Chigikogou

Chigikogou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1778 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 07:14 PM

what would be fun for others (like unlimited entry), is totally abusable by the hardcore players.

Confucius say: ^

#16 silentFuzz

silentFuzz

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2049 posts
  • Server:~

Posted 21 January 2012 - 07:27 PM

oh god it's 2012

#17 Pres

Pres

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1427 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 21 January 2012 - 07:30 PM

it's reset or gtfo.

Yeah, forces more people to buy resets = more money for them

#18 Falcifer

Falcifer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 355 posts
  • Server:RE:Start

Posted 21 January 2012 - 08:05 PM

I wouldn't mind having to use a reset for a higher lvl character to get in there for 24 hours.

#19 Fluffylovr

Fluffylovr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • LocationHawaii~

Posted 21 January 2012 - 08:07 PM

Actually, thats true. If there was a "reset for 24 hour access" Id be game.

#20 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 08:40 PM

Actually, thats true. If there was a "reset for 24 hour access" Id be game.

You say that, but if we put that in I assure you it will be like bedlam in here with the cries of "no fair".
We tried to make them easier to do the TURNINS and to allow non VIP and VIP to work together better while giving VIP a slight benefit of not having to spend reset stones (which can be gotten for no $ btw).

The maps for turnins aren't meant to be open to all and to give crazy grind exp to those that just want a busy map, we left the normal maps alone so those grinding players don't need to be interfered with or by the Turnin players. If you aren't on the TI you shouldn't be on the map that is the point. Call it a quest map, if you aren't on the quest get out.

Yes I know it sucks when you just outlevel the Turnin and you cant keep helping your group that you were having fun with, you all could choose to go to the normal map and do the TI there (slower). But if we start making it more open for those outside the TI, you'll have level 130+ 3rd classers runing around 'sploding everything and making the low levels that the area was designed for feel rather inept which is the exact opposite of what is wanted.

#21 Fluffylovr

Fluffylovr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • LocationHawaii~

Posted 21 January 2012 - 08:54 PM

You say that, but if we put that in I assure you it will be like bedlam in here with the cries of "no fair".
We tried to make them easier to do the TURNINS and to allow non VIP and VIP to work together better while giving VIP a slight benefit of not having to spend reset stones (which can be gotten for no $ btw).

The maps for turnins aren't meant to be open to all and to give crazy grind exp to those that just want a busy map, we left the normal maps alone so those grinding players don't need to be interfered with or by the Turnin players. If you aren't on the TI you shouldn't be on the map that is the point. Call it a quest map, if you aren't on the quest get out.

Yes I know it sucks when you just outlevel the Turnin and you cant keep helping your group that you were having fun with, you all could choose to go to the normal map and do the TI there (slower). But if we start making it more open for those outside the TI, you'll have level 130+ 3rd classers runing around 'sploding everything and making the low levels that the area was designed for feel rather inept which is the exact opposite of what is wanted.

I don't want the higher levels or anyone not in range in there at all. All I really want is to beable to get in there while in level range, I run guild parties and such and when a guildie isnt on in time for my party, I cannot get back in to help them when they are on; I fully understand when not in range to not beable to get in.

Or at least, in the normal map have a spawn increase, not as big as the "quest map" but some kinda something so others can have fun when not able to get into the quest map.

Just how I feel. Thanks for taking the time to read my thread, though.

Edited by Fluffylovr, 21 January 2012 - 08:58 PM.

#22 Tirasu

Tirasu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 559 posts
  • LocationU.K
  • Server:Chaos- ohwait

Posted 21 January 2012 - 10:22 PM

You can reset once a day at 0 cost to yourself or others. You get 2 badges each part of the turn in, "4" turn ins (two doubles) give you 8 badges, 8 badges -> reset stone.

Meaning every day you do your quest, reset, do it again. Next day when you do it with the timer up, you have 8 badges and can reset again. Repeat ad.inf.

Honestly guys just do the turn in twice a day and be happy with it, that's enough easy-mode EXP for you.

#23 AimeeZ

AimeeZ

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 12:49 AM

Have you seen the massive mobs in the nogg2 instance, with over 50+ monsters on one island? Being crowded by people isn't an issue, since those 50 monsters would instantly respawn in random spots. You could probably easily get more than 10 of those large camping parties spread throughout the map and there'd be no problems.
It'd be a much friendlier place to level (ex: if you had a useless class that no one will party, get someone with a strong alt to come do kills for you) if you could always get in, no matter what.

wish the bifrost ti map was like that. spawn for that sucks. lag for it sucks.

but i keep doing it cause the exp reward is high but it takes longer than it should and lags excessively much (not just for me but for everyone doing the ti)

#24 iiNote

iiNote

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 22 January 2012 - 04:53 AM

It's all good Heim, most of us like it this way.

The last thing we want is to have a bunch of Ksing parties in those special maps aswell, while others try to do the TI.

Just ignore the rest of the whinning crowd.
That don't know how to grind on non-customed made maps, cause It's too "HARD"/"BORING".

@Tirasu: It's never enough for this people xD
They'll whine about everything.

@AimeeZ: Either way if the spawns were higher in that map you and your whole party would be cob webbed like 70% of the time... And that is not cool.

Edited by iiNote, 22 January 2012 - 05:04 AM.

#25 DarkDan

DarkDan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1280 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 06:36 AM

I just made my 3rd 150/50 character as well lol. The turnins rock regardless of how they are implemented. Even the laggy BioFrost turnin is worth doing. I know because i did the BioFrost turnin and got from 141/50 to 150/50 in two days. Try doing that on a normal map without a turnin and see how many hours it would take you.

As far as the special maps go I kind of liked it the way it was better. I liked it that way for selfish reasons lol. I liked leveling in the turn in area even if I was below or above the turnin range for the 3x spawn.

It was nice hanging in Biofrost with hardly anybody in there though. I think people are prematurely writing that turnin off as a waste of time. Yeah it takes a hour but when you turn in and can get from 149 to 150 is that not worth it? :dunno:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users