January 24 Maintenance - Page 7 - Ragnarok: Patch History - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

January 24 Maintenance

• Please log in to reply
173 replies to this topic

#151 Wateren

Wateren

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 91 posts
  • LocationSt. Croix
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 25 January 2012 - 08:30 AM

In order to gain maximum efficiency, you would need to feed between 14 and 24. If you feed when above or below those numbers you only get something like .75%

Feeding between 11-25 gives 1 point. So feeding at 11 and then again at 21 gives 2 intimacy points.

Well s I understand at least.

#152 ChrisWintermoon

ChrisWintermoon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 606 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Ymir (VIP)

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:12 AM

Thats how I do it. I hope my math is wrong cause 1 year to get homunculus S is just....

#153 big742003

big742003

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 197 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina
  • Server:Mostly Ygg, some Valk

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:18 AM

Yay, mine turned cordial yesterday! He will be loyal before I'm a Gen.

#154 razirazo

razirazo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 717 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:47 AM

so.. any news regrading Homunculus S-compliant AI?

#155 Susan

Susan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1024 posts
  • Server:ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Posted 25 January 2012 - 10:43 AM

Do we all have to personally contact GMs to get informed about events nowadays? (OCA-chance of lost dragon, drops event)

:P

#156 ChrisWintermoon

ChrisWintermoon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 606 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 January 2012 - 11:00 AM

Do we all have to personally contact GMs to get informed about events nowadays? (OCA-chance of lost dragon, drops event)

:)

Yes.
Thats why I moved into Heimdallr's house today. Best is to be as close to him as possible <3 :P :D :) :D <- True story ;)

Edited by ChrisWintermoon, 25 January 2012 - 11:01 AM.

#157 Pril

Pril

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 562 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 11:15 AM

So can we get an official statement that you'll look over and fix the flee issue for homunculus?

The flee issue is that they currently are using the pre-renewal flee formula, which was Level + Agi. The renewal formula for flee is 100 + Level + Agi. Essentially, they're missing out on 100 flee due to the differences in formulas, which drops their expected dodge rate from typically ~95% to ~0%. To understand how stupid that is, a level 99 homunculus will lose 1v1 to a Desert Wolf. A level 99 player with 130 agi would be able to dodge most attacks from monsters their level. A level 99 homunculus with a typical ~130 agi will not be able to dodge anything near its level.

That and Filir's skill Accelerated Flight which states it gives +60 flee only adds flee to the panel, but does not actually increase its dodge chance at all. Known issue since forever.

#158 Pril

Pril

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 562 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 11:25 AM

If I do the math right and I play 6 hours per day, feeding homunculus from 11 to 31 every 20 mins it would take me 1 Year to get it twice to loyal?

Is that true oO?

On your schedule, you'll reach loyal twice in 50 days / under 2 months.

#159 razirazo

razirazo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 717 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 25 January 2012 - 11:33 AM

So can we get an official statement that you'll look over and fix the flee issue for homunculus?

I ask about it so many times, and every time I do my post was like invisible to Heim. He never reply to any of my question regarding that.

#160 Dreimdal

Dreimdal

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 548 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:01 PM

4.Gramps Turnins:
70 - 95 Red and Yellow Novus
105 120 Arclouse and Ancient Mummy
125 - 140 Knocker and Imp

Um, we just had Novus a few weeks ago. I think you ought to space the rotation a bit more widely....

Also, when will Overlook access be fixed? It requires 2 reset stones for three days of access (not one stone). Could you just require 1 stone and give a week or two weeks of access?

Let's be reasonable here. You're asking for 2 reset stones per character. I don't know a single non-VIP player who has gone in there since the change from 30-days per one stone. And at one point, I was planning to take my friend's 66 alcemist into there, but you'd better believe that's not going to happen now. It's just not worth it... Easier to sell two reset stones and just buy a marc or phen card... and not have worry about getting it done in three days.

Edited by Dreimdal, 25 January 2012 - 12:44 PM.

#161 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:30 PM

Is Samurai Spectre affected by boosted drop rate too? I hunt this MvP religiously and I want to know if he's worth gumming now....

Samurai Specter has boosted card drop.

#162 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:31 PM

hows the weds project of returnin back kafra points coming along?

#163 Melfina

Melfina

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:45 PM

My vanil is "Shy" but the skill window shows the "Self-destruction" skill. It's been loyal in the past though and I never used the skill, don't know if this has anything to do with it.

Is it a bug or is it safe for me to evolve it?

EDIT: My homun's EXP is also a negative % and it doesn't seem to get to normal :S

Edited by Melfina, 25 January 2012 - 01:40 PM.

#164 Aero

Aero

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 03:09 PM

Random question, is it intended that "Onigiris" are account bound? The description doesn't say anything about it being account bound.

#165 aurasphere

aurasphere

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 04:12 PM

Yes they are... IF you work as a team you can totally do it. Lol I would solo those small little suckers when renewal hit on my LK... Please don't tell me It's impossible, because it's not. You just have to stop thinking like a soloer and start thinking like a party/team.

With a party you can totally do it. And FYI TI's were made mainly to revive parties because according to the player base parties aren't "good enough".

Start thinking up strategies. Don't just recruit 4 Wizzes who are super squishie and have no tanks. Or no healers... cause I've seen parties that are like that. All they do is try to maximize killing when they can't stand all the mobs and then they complain that they CAN'T do it/It's too hard.

Me and those weaker players knew these. The problem is not in how parties should be formed. The problem is that no one wants to do it, because the monster discourages them. They cannot tank it yet, and those who can are usually out of level range and thus don't want to party with them.

It's not the party that's a problem, it's the monster chosen for the TI.

If the monster isn't a problem, surely there would be at least 2 or 3 70-95 TI party recruitment each day? Which I don't see so far.
and since no one can do it, then why bother making it available to them? Hence me saying it should have weaker monsters or give 70-85 their own TI.

Though I have to admit, it's not a guarantee that changing it will increase the amount of 70-95 TI parties, since currently there's a lack of lv 70-85 people it seems.
There's still that wide gap between weaker players (especially foreign ones who can't buy Kafra things/VIP due to the currency) and stronger ones who are already 3rd Class with much better gears, and that gap happens to fall in the lv 70-95 category, the time where grinding is at its peak.

To be honest, it's just a food for thought really....it's up to Heim and the others regarding how it should be.

And I shouldn't even be here now.....gotta go.

Edited by YohanesW, 26 January 2012 - 04:13 AM.

#166 Falcifer

Falcifer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 355 posts
  • Server:RE:Start

Posted 25 January 2012 - 05:08 PM

It's a pity there aren't more dragons in the game, it would've been nice to have more of those turn ins ):
But yeah 70-85 would've had an ideal monster: petites. That sky petite TI brings back memories...
85-95 could then more easily do novus...I shudder to think how mobby an instance TI-only map of those is x_x

Ah well. No real complaints here, just praying that we don't get trolled and get our 50% KP refund back after next maint after the groove pack leaves >_>

#167 KaneBlueriver

KaneBlueriver

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • LocationMother Earth

Posted 25 January 2012 - 08:45 PM

Wohoooo!!! Homunculus S!!! :P

#168 Digimonic

Digimonic

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts
  • LocationWhy are you lookin here o.O stalker
  • Server:All 3, maybe I quit?

Posted 26 January 2012 - 01:25 AM

Question about the spotlight. Just how do you expect us to complete this when the sashimi knife quest isnt handing over the #@$%ing dagger >_> Completed over...and overr....and over.... and still no sashimi knife. I dont think the quest is bugged ( because I high doubt anyone is stupid enough to advtertise amatsue and go out of their way to post details on the offical site without making sure the quests are working as in tended...or have I overestimated the system? =.=;;;:P but the success rate is satanically low? o.O has anyone else completed the quest? Just checking if I'm the only one dealing with this bull$*&%?

#169 ChrisWintermoon

ChrisWintermoon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 606 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 January 2012 - 03:11 AM

Question about the spotlight. Just how do you expect us to complete this when the sashimi knife quest isnt handing over the #@$%ing dagger >_> Completed over...and overr....and over.... and still no sashimi knife. I dont think the quest is bugged ( because I high doubt anyone is stupid enough to advtertise amatsue and go out of their way to post details on the offical site without making sure the quests are working as in tended...or have I overestimated the system? =.=;;;:D but the success rate is satanically low? o.O has anyone else completed the quest? Just checking if I'm the only one dealing with this bull$*&%?

The chance of getting the 100 Heart of Mermaid request is 10%.
You got to get the request 3 times before you get the sword. Sorry bro, been there done that.Wasnt a nice day yesterday :P

#170 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 January 2012 - 03:33 AM

Yes.
Thats why I moved into Heimdallr's house today. Best is to be as close to him as possible <3 :P :) :) :D <- True story :D

Isn't it kind of cramped in the basement?

I had to.

#171 Langrisser

Langrisser

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:10 AM

Got 1605 Sushi and 405 Raw Fish and 0 - Give heart of mermaid option in the Sashimi Knife Quest.
I really quit this quest, spent too many items for nothing GL

#172 ChrisWintermoon

ChrisWintermoon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 606 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:13 AM

Got 1605 Sushi and 405 Raw Fish and 0 - Give heart of mermaid option in the Sashimi Knife Quest.
I really quit this quest, spent too many items for nothing GL

I got 13090 Sushi and 8120 Raw Fish. Dongt give up so easily :P

PS: S> Sushi/ Raw Fish

#173 big742003

big742003

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 197 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina
  • Server:Mostly Ygg, some Valk

Posted 26 January 2012 - 11:57 AM

Well now that we're on the Sashimi Knife, does it drop sushi from fish mobs fairly regularly? Has anyone played with theirs? I haven't got one yet. How much HP does sushi heal anyhow?

#174 eatMagnetic

eatMagnetic

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • LocationGermany (Freiburg)
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 26 January 2012 - 01:31 PM

50 ~ 60 - not that good :/ fresh fish or ice cream still "better"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users