January 24 Maintenance - Page 5 - Ragnarok: Patch History - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

January 24 Maintenance

• Please log in to reply
173 replies to this topic

#101 zplus

zplus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 24 January 2012 - 11:02 PM

I'd like a bacon cheeseburger

I'd take that as a head gear with extra mayonnaise.

Edited by zplus, 24 January 2012 - 11:04 PM.

#102 razirazo

razirazo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 717 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 24 January 2012 - 11:03 PM

one final suggestion turn n range from 70-95 is not a good idea at all cos u can be 71 with maneater blossoms, those board quests make u 80+ in 2-3 hours......my suggestion is Ti range should be 80-100 cos getting 99/70 is super hard....plus 10 lvl gap between 95 n 105.......

whats wrong with not botting or not supporting botter?

#103 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 11:19 PM

I'm sorry that the Drops wasn't more explicit, we put it in during the Friday maint.

February will bring a drops event, I don't like backing them up back to back though.

I will be putting together a brief Homun S guide tonight.
Oda will pretty it up tomorrow. it will be in the update section.

#104 aquaria

aquaria

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 381 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 January 2012 - 11:22 PM

Thanks for the update!

Amatsu spotlight: Can't wait to hunt firelock soldier card during the 5x drop for amatsu monsters' cards.

N> party for my level 71 normal priest for juno mission board quest please!

Edited by aquaria, 24 January 2012 - 11:24 PM.

#105 zplus

zplus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 11:26 PM

Thanks for the update!

Amatsu spotlight: Can't wait to hunt firelock soldier card during the 5x drop for amatsu monsters' cards.

N> party for my level 71 normal priest for juno mission board quest please!

I can help you get the kill counts thou I can't even with you due to level range.

#106 aquaria

aquaria

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 381 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 January 2012 - 11:27 PM

funny cause on valk server, bb price actually went down Posted Image

Bb price went down on Ymir too

#107 shOrtz

shOrtz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 944 posts
  • Server:bot infested

Posted 24 January 2012 - 11:40 PM

whats wrong with not botting or not supporting botter?

botted or non botted maneaters u cant really tell im sure GM will take that into notice...
everyone uses them blame everyone?

#108 shOrtz

shOrtz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 944 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 11:45 PM

my point is 95-105 cannot be done in a week cos u cant grind and if u hit 99 like me but job lvl is less so u have to wait till next week to get jobs and then change jobs and hit 105 not easy........it will take 3 weeks to do so......nogg parties are rarely there now.....

#109 shOrtz

shOrtz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 944 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 11:50 PM

not much to do today except amatsu part any chance server comes up early?? u can restart amatsu zone later if u like let us use rest of the maps...
irowiki says its zone 15 for ymir but too many maps there lol.....

Edited by shOrtz, 24 January 2012 - 11:52 PM.

#110 zplus

zplus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 11:53 PM

my point is 95-105 cannot be done in a week cos u cant grind and if u hit 99 like me but job lvl is less so u have to wait till next week to get jobs and then change jobs and hit 105 not easy........it will take 3 weeks to do so......nogg parties are rarely there now.....

Nogg parties are not a guarantee, not unless you are either healer/AOE class.

#111 shOrtz

shOrtz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 944 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 11:55 PM

Nogg parties are not a guarantee, not unless you are either healer/AOE class.

exactly my point....95-105 is hard stuff after that once u get 3rd class skills it gets little easy.......

#112 Akabane

Akabane

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:20 AM

since like pretty much everyone didnt know anything about the drops event will the one in february make up for this one?

#113 ShadowAsh

ShadowAsh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:28 AM

Heimdallr

February will bring a drops event, I don't like backing them up back to back though.

Some notice wouldve been nice, a post in the maintenance thread, a new pinned thread, an in game announcement...word of mouth spreads the word pretty quick...

#114 CaseC

CaseC

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:30 AM

I was wondering...
The alchemy glove[1], is the 10% increase in fire damage intended to only work for magic attacks? I actually havent tested with magic yet simply cause i dont have a magic caster over lvl 125(required lvl to equip). But i have tested with dragon breath, fire katar melee attacks, fire endowed arrow storms, and they all do not get a boost in damage. The fireball cast works with all attacks though, although it is a very low chance.

Is this intended or is something wrong with the item because the description i remember says "works with all fire attacks." It would be a nice item if it does work with all fire attacks, if only for magic then it kinda sucks for an item that seems quite rare to get.

if somethings wrong with the item, it be nice to fix it in maint. if not then oh wells.

EDIT: just saw the other thread will copy post there aswell.

Edited by CaseC, 25 January 2012 - 12:39 AM.

#115 Sephiroth301

Sephiroth301

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 96 posts
  • LocationVancouver, WA
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:35 AM

More to be added as its ready.

1. Dally Quen will now tell you what his 2 dice rolls were so you can diagnose any problems with receiving items, also to prove the numbers do increase daily.

2. Lost Dragon in the Myst Woods will have OCA drop revisited. By default OCA is a 75% drop, our changing the order of the drop effectively made it a 12% item drop (too low). We will have it updated to drop at a 33% drop so 1 in 3 kills gets an OCA.

3. Amatsu Spotlight event will start. We are trying to write 'spotlight" guides for each area of the game, when we put the spot light on that area will have exp/drops enhanced. Also a "Guide" will be there that will give you an EXP reward for finishing that areas quests. This is to help new and old players to experience the joy that exists in the volumes of story and quests RO has to offer.
We need help making the guides perfect, so if you have a thorough understanding of an area please do give us some input so we can be informative as possible.
During the Spotlight, January 24 - February 7 the Amatsu exclusive monsters will be double EXP, they also will have their good item drops multiplied. Gear drops is 3x, Card drop is 5x!
Talking with Victoria Quest on the docks will tell you what Amatsu quests you have not completed yet, those that finish them all will get a bonus EXP amount!
1M base and 1M job once you complete all 4 quests. (I expect byalan to be crazy packed)

4.Gramps Turnins:
70 - 95 Red and Yellow Novus
105 120 Arclouse and Ancient Mummy
125 - 140 Knocker and Imp

5. Double Exp and 1.5x Drops ends tonight (we have February right around the corner!)

6. Homunculus S ! Please remember it must be a level 99 Evolved Homunculus. Also it is probably wise to have the "loyalty" skill on the homunculus because once you mutate you will never be able to earn that Loyalty skill again!
Go into the Genetic job test area (Lighthalzen) and talk to "Viorel" to start on the Homunculus Mutation process!

7 Lunar New Year Event Continues until February 7th!

I'm sorry that the Drops wasn't more explicit, we put it in during the Friday maint.

I will be putting together a brief Homun S guide tonight.
Oda will pretty it up tomorrow. it will be in the update section.

HURRAY FOR HOMUNCULUS S! time to finish leveling my my soon to be genetic!
outs of range for turn ins /swt o well time to get that grind on!
spotlight will really help

#116 shOrtz

shOrtz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 944 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:55 AM

any update??

#117 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 01:37 AM

shoOrtz you need to give a bit more info about what you want updated.

The server is up now I'm making the update page for the Homun S right now.

#118 balong

balong

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 01:51 AM

why cannot you bring back boxter after maintenance?

#119 Pril

Pril

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 562 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 02:00 AM

Fix the Homunculus flee issue, please. The Homunculus S update is meaningless if they can't even kill anything to level.

#120 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 02:00 AM

Boxter will come around with the next Lucky Box.

I don't understand what you mean by issue.

They have a flee value and they flee stuff. What is the issue? Nothing was odd about our testing of the Homunculus S, homunculus shouldn't be able to hyper flee everything like they did pre-renewal (they didn't get the flee penalty like players did).

#121 shOrtz

shOrtz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 944 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 02:08 AM

i meant any update on when server is up but u addressed that so nevermind.....im just happy u atleast read my post.....

Edited by shOrtz, 25 January 2012 - 02:09 AM.

#122 Zinja

Zinja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2348 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 25 January 2012 - 02:21 AM

If we devalued the OCA like it has been on other servers (taking out the good cards) then it wouldn't be as much of a problem, but we have kept the good cards in the OCA, so it shouldn't be as common of drop from 15 minutes of effort as it was.

since when? I am lead to strongly believe this is not the case. out of 80' oca 26 poring card 21 picky cards rest repeats of drops,chonchon ,leaving out only a handful 3 odd card cards different from this set.

#123 KayT

KayT

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 25 January 2012 - 02:31 AM

Somehow i feel like you forgot about Eden Board quests for 99... Each 30 kills from its quests give you 311k job exp for non-VIP. If you get proper warps you can do them also repeatedly (3 hours cooldown but there is like 12 + quests so if you do and turn in one by one, you can do them without pauses). Its really good job exp if you are missing lvls to job 70. And now with mercenary and homun kill counts it easy for almost every class.

BTW. Homunculi S... I think we will need now new AI scripts xD

Edited by KayT, 25 January 2012 - 02:40 AM.

#124 Pril

Pril

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 562 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 02:48 AM

Boxter will come around with the next Lucky Box.

I don't understand what you mean by issue.

They have a flee value and they flee stuff. What is the issue? Nothing was odd about our testing of the Homunculus S, homunculus shouldn't be able to hyper flee everything like they did pre-renewal (they didn't get the flee penalty like players did).

The flee issue is that they currently are using the pre-renewal flee formula, which was Level + Agi. The renewal formula for flee is 100 + Level + Agi. Essentially, they're missing out on 100 flee due to the differences in formulas, which drops their expected dodge rate from typically ~95% to ~0%. To understand how stupid that is, a level 99 homunculus will lose 1v1 to a Desert Wolf. A level 99 player with 130 agi would be able to dodge most attacks from monsters their level. A level 99 homunculus with a typical ~130 agi will not be able to dodge anything near its level.

That and Filir's skill Accelerated Flight which states it gives +60 flee only adds flee to the panel, but does not actually increase its dodge chance at all. Known issue since forever.

#125 ShadowAsh

ShadowAsh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 02:55 AM

since when? I am lead to strongly believe this is not the case. out of 80' oca 26 poring card 21 picky cards rest repeats of drops,chonchon ,leaving out only a handful 3 odd card cards different from this set.

This happens, granted you got quite unlucky. Recently we videod opening 100 oca on ymir and we got a ghostring as out best card so Yeh definitely good cards in there

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users