Haven't played since the balance patch. - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Haven't played since the balance patch.

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 Kamen

Kamen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 05:23 AM

Did they address any of the issues? All I heard was there was some drama over WoE times and such.

I see they removed the cheap resetter. Does this mean they got all the feedback they wanted or what?

#2 ChrisWintermoon

ChrisWintermoon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 606 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir (VIP)

Posted 30 January 2012 - 06:06 AM

Nothing has changed in SuraRO so far. Oh wait, we got GeneticRO back as well.But thats it.

#3 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 30 January 2012 - 06:22 AM

More Suras QQing about how Genetics are outmvping them. Go Genetics, kick those Suras off their egotistic pedestals! :p_angel:

#4 Cubical

Cubical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 888 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 30 January 2012 - 06:25 AM

Kamen, there was a patch that disabled sura's from blue/ygg potting after fisting for a couple of seconds.

#5 iiNote

iiNote

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 30 January 2012 - 06:55 AM

They buffed some classes and nerfed some others. But it seems more changes are coming soon, since the whole balancing process is gonna take time.

#6 Susan

Susan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1024 posts
  • Server:ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Posted 30 January 2012 - 07:28 AM

the feedback forum gets completly ignored by the GM team, as if it didn't exist. i think last reply there was before christmas.
so there are many bugs and glitches which aren't fixed yet.

also
if you are asking about how balanced it got in general, you are better off reading guides or asking friends and make up your mind yourself rather than asking on forums. there are still a lot of baddies crying wolf.

#7 Shiroi17

Shiroi17

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 875 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 07:37 AM

Hopefully the cheap reset NPC will be back again once they re-balance some classes if they ever do.

Hardly call it "balance" because most things were overnerfed/buffed.

#8 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 30 January 2012 - 08:45 AM

Balance patch in the name only...

Generally though a few changes happened:

Rangers traps were turned to superbad. Instead, rangers arrow attacks were changed to suupergood, making them the perfect AoE killers, a glass heavy machine-gun when they ctrl click, and on weird builds and situations made their puppy stronger than some GoHs...

Archbishops are still low on HP, and got nice balancing in the way of... gear. It's not perfect, but usefulness increased.

Most suras use less gfists because there is a 10 seconds delay where they can't gain sp even from pots.

Chasers leveling changed a lots (no more firetrap, some chasers copy AS, some go for autospell), and several of its skills got a bit less useful (no more perma manholing, sight and ruwatch dispell shadow form, deadly infgect severily nerfed), but it is still a playable class.

Performers... if you are not "strings", then I don't know what you are. 'Balance' nerfed their severe rainstorm, nerfed their siren voice a lot too, and deep sleep lullaby was nerfed to nil chance with nil duration, while being recoverable easily by archbishops now.

Royal guards, I guess no more inspiration and reflect, but still a very useful class.

Rune knight... they inherited the poke of death which royal guards had. I sometimes die to it with over 40k HP and 60%+ demi reduction ._. dragon breath isn't much an issue now.

Mechanics... they were buffed, but still don't see a lot of them so it feels the same.

Genetics were nerfed so instead of worrying about them, you worry about their pet I guess.

That is my humble opinion of the unbalance patch. :p_angel:

#9 razirazo

razirazo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 717 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 30 January 2012 - 08:57 AM

Genetics were nerfed so instead of worrying about them, you worry about their pet I guess.

No. Our pet are Joke.
Yeah we have Homunc S. well it doesn't matter even if we have TUVWXYZ to infinity; Its still a crap with near zero flee.

#10 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 30 January 2012 - 09:07 AM

Dieter's the only one that's useful in PvP/WoE. That Ash status is OP if you get hit by it.

#11 iiNote

iiNote

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 09:37 AM

Dieter's the only one that's useful in PvP/WoE. That Ash status is OP if you get hit by it.

Yeah, but 70% of the server has either.. the retarded unicorn or the cat for some reason xD
Beats me why.

#12 razirazo

razirazo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 717 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 09:41 AM

Yeah, but 70% of the server has either.. the retarded unicorn or the cat for some reason xD
Beats me why.

Cat is pretty useful for its damage burst.
Especially if you are pure tanked MVP build with only 1 agi to get rid of unwanted aggro.

#13 iiNote

iiNote

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 09:56 AM

Cat is pretty useful for its damage burst.
Especially if you are pure tanked MVP build with only 1 agi to get rid of unwanted aggro.

But isn't the Dieter better tank thant the cat?

#14 razirazo

razirazo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 717 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 10:06 AM

But isn't the Dieter better tank thant the cat?

Homunc used to be my best MVP tank (yeah I was considering dieter before the patch). but not anymore after the balance patch.
Now I have to rely on sura while the cat kill any mob that try to harass me when I bomb the MVP.

Edited by razirazo, 30 January 2012 - 10:08 AM.

#15 Shiroi17

Shiroi17

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 875 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 10:25 AM

No. Our pet are Joke.
Yeah we have Homunc S. well it doesn't matter even if we have TUVWXYZ to infinity; Its still a crap with near zero flee.

Unsure what you mean with zero flee but my Vanilmirth has no issues flee wise.

#16 razirazo

razirazo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 717 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 10:27 AM

Unsure what you mean with zero flee but my Vanilmirth has no issues flee wise.

Your Vani is made before or after balance patch?

Edited by razirazo, 30 January 2012 - 10:27 AM.

#17 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 30 January 2012 - 10:52 AM

My Vani even though it's not S yet can tank 5-6 hits from Orc Lord and sometimes flees him. It's also a nice damage absorber for EQ so I can use less pots against him. I can only imagine great things once I get a Dieter. I'll prolly be able to kill Orc Lord unscathed.

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 30 January 2012 - 10:52 AM.

#18 Kamen

Kamen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 11:40 AM

Yea I'm familiar with the balance changes. I was just wondering if they used our feedback, because some of the changes are nonsensical.

I was a Spell Fist sorcerer and we lost about 17% Spell Fist damage even though everyone felt we deserved a buff. We also lost 15% base HP... a nerf intended for the far superior casters, not us.

I tried adapting to a caster build after the patch, but it was just so boring that I lost interest in playing.

#19 Shiroi17

Shiroi17

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 875 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 11:54 AM

Your Vani is made before or after balance patch?

Before

And no, they didn't use feedback, they got the patch, rushed the job applied it to the main server. Since then they ignored the feedback section, hopefully they balance things for real soon enough =/

Edited by Shiroi17, 30 January 2012 - 11:56 AM.

#20 razirazo

razirazo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 717 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 12:07 PM

Before

And no, they didn't use feedback, they got the patch, rushed the job applied it to the main server. Since then they ignored the feedback section, hopefully they balance things for real soon enough =/

Hmm strange. The balance patch really kills my homunc.
I remember back then where my Vani can tank Orc Hero with just less than 1/4 HP consumed when it defeated, Tanking lots of hits from Orc Lord with several miss(nearly completely evade its mobs attack), and keep up with Amon's mobs with no problem, and tank mob of dozens of petite, sidewinder and mantis while I just afk.

before balance patch: Not a single HP was harmed by Orc Hero.
Posted Image

And now after the balance patch it cost my vani like half of HP just to defeat a couple of petite. And its dead with just single CS blow from orc hero.

Edited by razirazo, 30 January 2012 - 12:15 PM.

#21 Shiroi17

Shiroi17

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 875 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 12:22 PM

Maybe the flee penalty for tanking many monsters now applies to homunculus then? I'd have to test it tonight. Doing cannonball once or twice maybe solve your problem.

#22 IronPlushy

IronPlushy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1747 posts
  • Server:Between Servers

Posted 30 January 2012 - 01:08 PM

Isn't there a thread specifically for talking about homunculi?

#23 Shiroi17

Shiroi17

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 875 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 01:47 PM

God forbids talking about possible homunculus changes with the balance patch in a balance patch thread.

#24 IronPlushy

IronPlushy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1747 posts
  • Server:Between Servers

Posted 30 January 2012 - 02:02 PM

God forbids talking about possible homunculus changes with the balance patch in a balance patch thread.

But you're not really talking about the balance patch, you're ONLY talking about the new homunculi features, when you already have an entire thread dedicated to that.

#25 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 30 January 2012 - 02:12 PM

Yea I'm familiar with the balance changes. I was just wondering if they used our feedback, because some of the changes are nonsensical.

I was a Spell Fist sorcerer and we lost about 17% Spell Fist damage even though everyone felt we deserved a buff. We also lost 15% base HP... a nerf intended for the far superior casters, not us.

I tried adapting to a caster build after the patch, but it was just so boring that I lost interest in playing.

Wonder how spell fist would interact with Alchemy Glove?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users