Haven't played since the balance patch. - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Haven't played since the balance patch.

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#26 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:All

Posted 30 January 2012 - 02:16 PM

Really spell fist should have been thought out better, its no where near the potential it could be.

#27 Mwrip

Mwrip

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...

Posted 30 January 2012 - 02:57 PM

LK - Power level is about the same, skills were just shifted around a bit.
RG - That ridiculous "switch gear while casting this skill to automatically kill anyone" bug was fixed, few other changes.
GX - Powered up to a playable level, but still quite inferior to the big 5.
SC - Tweaked. The most notable change was making auto-spells harder to use, so they aren't better at casting than actual casters.
Ranger - MASSIVELY buffed. They've gone from being a joke to below the big 5, but not OP or UP. This is probably the closest thing we have to a balanced class atm, although it still needs a few tweaks (in both directions).
Performers - Still a sad joke that no one will take in a party.
AB - Eh... they got a buff, but the big 5 are still too powerful to actually need support on a regular basis.
Sura - Slightly nerfed, but still by far the most powerful class in the game.
Lock - Both buffed and nerfed. I'd say their overall power did actually increase slightly, but not nearly enough to fix the fact that they're inferior to melee in every measurable way. They're valued in TIs (but only because proper pulls are rare in those) and in WoE (but only as an annoyance) and that's about it.
Sorc - Both buffed and nerfed, again with overall balance in a slightly upward direction.
SN - New job added, they can actually 150 now. As unlike the casters, these are actually SUPPOSED to be a novelty class, it pretty much works.
Ninja/Slinger/TKM/Linker/TKR - All remain totally useless due to being level locked at 99 in a 150 game. The Ninja 2nd job is coming soon in kRO, we might get it in 2013.

Summary: The most glaringly broken things were fixed, and they made step 1 of about 10 towards getting things actually balanced. This is basically the patch you'd expect to see about a month after Renewal's release, not 14.

All iRO feedback is completely and utterly ignored (our CMs aren't even pretending kRO will listen anymore), so all we can do is hope Korean players will smack some sense into the devs, and that we can then get the results without waiting 18 months for them. Otherwise, we can do nothing but watch as iRO withers and dies.

Edited by Mwrip, 30 January 2012 - 03:00 PM.

#28 Kamen

Kamen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 03:35 PM

Wonder how spell fist would interact with Alchemy Glove?

It kind of brings Spell Fist back to its former strength. 20% extra damage to Spell Fist's 1250% MATK formula = 1500%.
But of course, it only works for Fire Bolt. Cold Bolt is still gimped, and Lightning Bolt is super-gimped.

Plus, you'll get slaughtered by Storm Gust.

#29 DarkDan

DarkDan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1280 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 30 January 2012 - 05:12 PM

I'll just talk about classes I play.

RG: Exceed Break sucks now because of no weapon swap, Reflect Damage sucks because it doesn't reflect everything and shuts off after receiving 50 hits, and Inspiration sucks because it requires a 150/50 RG to level to use it lol. Most people now play defensive style/Sac RG's. If you have above average gear(+12 kvm spear) you can still do some damage with VP and Overbrand. Won't kill most 150/50 characters. Pretty good for tanking through precast and can still break pretty well.

Sura: Still OP lol. The 10 second sp item delay after Gfist sucks. It kind of bumped Genetic's back up into the main MVP killers. They also nerfed LR for some reason. :p_angel:

GX: Rolling Cutter and Cross Ripper Slasher buff opened up a whole new play style for this class. GX can now solo all the way to 150/50 with relative ease lol(old school gx's will say it was always easy but it is super easy now). I thought leveling my Sura was going to be the easiest. EDP/Rolling Cutter is almost too easy(but expensive). I hate the fact that I lose edp when I weapon swap from a shield to a katar or vice versa. So many maya purple cards now also hurts.

I agree with Mwrip on most of his points. Its crazy how much pvm dmg Rangers do now. Rangers are the new king of the KSer class. He didn't mention Mech's got a pretty nice buff.

Sura and Genetic are still the top dogs in my opinion. Most put RK, RG and SC in the top 5 goup. RK I think made it through ok. At least better than RG and SC. Making a strong offensive RG is now tough. Some may say it is a waste of time even trying to make a strong offensive RG and to live with being a defensive tank. SC got a pretty nasty pvm nerf. They still do a pretty good job of pestering people in woe/pvp. GX, Lock and Sorc are on the edge of maybe knocking off the big dogs(RG,SC at least). Not quite there yet.

#30 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 05:30 PM

Let expanded classes level to 150 even without a job change ^_^

#31 TheKraven

TheKraven

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1135 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 30 January 2012 - 07:50 PM

RK's got nerfed...Dragon Breath is pretty bad now but they got a buff to Hundred Spears and with the proper gears can 1 shot people
RG's...still OP with VP and DA in my opinion, they should primarily be tankers not tankers and able to 2 shot most classes...
GX's are fast killers now but since every1 pretty much defaults katars nowadays they aren't hard to kill
SC...nerf to PvM but still one of the best classes for PvP
Ranger's can actually kill now with the Warg, traps are useless and Bows still don't hurt
Sura's...still unbalanced and need a nerf to GoH or CC or something
WL's and Sorc's are wtv...no huge change, pretty balanced

Edited by TheKraven, 30 January 2012 - 07:51 PM.

#32 DarkDan

DarkDan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1280 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 08:00 PM

RK's got nerfed...Dragon Breath is pretty bad now but they got a buff to Hundred Spears and with the proper gears can 1 shot people
RG's...still OP with VP and DA in my opinion, they should primarily be tankers not tankers and able to 2 shot most classes...
GX's are fast killers now but since every1 pretty much defaults katars nowadays they aren't hard to kill
SC...nerf to PvM but still one of the best classes for PvP
Ranger's can actually kill now with the Warg, traps are useless and Bows still don't hurt
Sura's...still unbalanced and need a nerf to GoH or CC or something
WL's and Sorc's are wtv...no huge change, pretty balanced

RG's are only OP if you think DA is OP. VP isn't killing any well geared player. How is a tank that can't kill OP? I have a +12 kvm spear so I should know. Seems pretty balanced to me. :p_angel:

Edited by DarkDan, 30 January 2012 - 08:04 PM.

#33 razirazo

razirazo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 717 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 30 January 2012 - 10:25 PM

Isn't there a thread specifically for talking about homunculi?

Oh. My bad. Sorry.

#34 Kamen

Kamen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:31 PM

Hmm, looking closer at the item description for Alchemy Glove...

10% increase of all fire ATK

Does this mean it only affects physical ATK, or is this just a lazy translation and it affects MATK too?

#35 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:44 PM

Hmm, looking closer at the item description for Alchemy Glove...

Does this mean it only affects physical ATK, or is this just a lazy translation and it affects MATK too?

It affects all types of fire attack

However, the autocast fireball only works for melee apparently. I used it on a Ranger and got null results because it won't proc...

#36 TheKraven

TheKraven

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1135 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:50 PM

GoH was soo annoying today woahh

Edited by TheKraven, 31 January 2012 - 09:53 PM.

#37 iZola

iZola

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 10:07 PM

I don't know much about other jobs, but we suras get nerfed but still OP. (I don't disagree)
The only difference is that now we all have the same skill: Sky Blow. They added a stupid cast bar to Lightning Ride rendering it useless like Lion Howling.
Thank God GXs and Rangers got buffed, they deserved it.
TL;DR of the whole thread: We took an arrow to the knee (aka Eden Group changes that weren't needed).

Edited by iZola, 31 January 2012 - 10:07 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users