Killstealing MVP's - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * - - - 6 votes

Killstealing MVP's

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#1 Anahorika

Anahorika

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • LocationYggdrasil
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:43 AM

Hey guys I'm new here. I'm from pRO.

Thing is we were killing Phreeoni then suddenly this level 150 GX comes out of nowhere and kill steals the said MVP.
Take note we were transcendents level 80 in front of Phree ( a low levelled MVP) I mean considering he was 150 and we were not even 99 it was really low.
He then keeps saying monsters are for everyone (it is) and that it is okay to kill-steal them(i don't think so). I mean if we were both 150 I would understand that it was fair play but to do it to transcendents not even reaching 99? He can keep the MVP but it's not an action fit for one who is 150.

Posted Image

What do you guys think? Since we haven't reached a month here in iRO (Ygg) just want to see what y'all would think.
Since where I come from we actually admire lower levels doing MVP hunt and give way to them since there are more out there and there is next time.
We will try again next time but I think this 150 really needs a life =/

#2 cybernetic

cybernetic

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2300 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:47 AM

MvP's are free for all. They have been like that since the beginning of the server (8 years?).

#3 Akirohana

Akirohana

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:47 AM

Confirming this as I am the LK. ;) I mean, MVP hunting sure is FREE for all. He keeps on pointing that to us, but in our view, being a transcendent class, not even 99, and you being a 150? Don't you even try to atleast sit and watch? And if ever we can't handle it, he can kill it. Simple as that. I know it's not in the rules or whatsoever.. But don't you guys think what he did is just.. Unrespectful?

#4 Helios0

Helios0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2425 posts
  • Server:Chaos (Yggdrasil☻RIP)

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:52 AM

its not the coolest thing to do..

but it is allowed..

some people dont care.. they have a schedule and x# of mvp's to kill and all these timers they need to keep up on..
its a faceless system.. without compassion or regret

#5 Anahorika

Anahorika

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • LocationYggdrasil

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:56 AM

Free for all, yes. But consider it as a normal mob It's also free for all. I can compare this like a 99 kill-stealing a poring from a novice uncalled for right?. Kill-steals suck if it's a normal mob what more if it's MVP. KS-ing an MVP just shows you need to KS to MVP..to think that monster has already dealt damage from transcendents. I mean what can that dude be proud of with that?

#6 Anahorika

Anahorika

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • LocationYggdrasil

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:57 AM

The server just got up, there was no timer here my friend. We've MVPd a lot I guess we just do it classier than the rest.

#7 fontevrand

fontevrand

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 66 posts
  • LocationToronto/Taipei
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:RO Chaos/RO2 Freyja

Posted 15 February 2012 - 03:04 AM

well...I don't get it why you guys saying I am Ksing...if it is not allowed, I won't do that, but MVP is not considered as kill stealing.
you can check it on how people defines about MVP.

please see the reference: MVP and Free for all

I'm sorry that I made a bad feeling to you guys, but If I am wrong, I will appologize with that.

and please check what you guys have said to me...if it is considered as an appropriate way of speaking.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by fontevrand, 15 February 2012 - 03:27 AM.

#8 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 15 February 2012 - 03:07 AM

I sometimes wonder if people understand what MVP stands for.

It may suck, but there are ways to get your private mvps.

#9 frankSG07

frankSG07

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts
  • Locationseattle WA
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 15 February 2012 - 03:13 AM

you should take out the name.

well, I dont KS MVPs and i dont mind when you KS me. But I do mind when you KS+troll+Pnuema+make me look like the bad guy! pif

#10 Heart

Heart

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2871 posts
  • LocationSofa so good
  • Server:Classic

Posted 15 February 2012 - 03:21 AM

you should take out the name.

well, I dont KS MVPs and i dont mind when you KS me. But I do mind when you KS+troll+Pnuema+make me look like the bad guy! pif

thtz skll abuse, report em and get em banned ;)

#11 Agahim

Agahim

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1036 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 February 2012 - 03:22 AM

he's not doing anything illegal, he's just being an a-hat, but that's something you have to get used to playing online games. alot of people are like that.

i'm sure MVPs wouldn't be free-for-all if bickering over loot and killing priority wouldn't take so much time away from GMs and people who have to bother with tickets, though.

Edited by Agahim, 15 February 2012 - 03:24 AM.

#12 mikeberserkr

mikeberserkr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 571 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 15 February 2012 - 03:38 AM

MVP: Free for all (i guess it boils down to ethics of the more senior or the more advantaged)
MOBS: not FFA, if KS-then report

i think there was an issue with the mini-valk, its techincally FFA becasue its not MVP

correct me if i'm wrong, but ill play with the rules i know...

Edited by mikeberserkr, 15 February 2012 - 03:41 AM.

#13 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 03:50 AM

he's not doing anything illegal, he's just being an a-hat, but that's something you have to get used to playing online games. alot of people are like that.

i'm sure MVPs wouldn't be free-for-all if bickering over loot and killing priority wouldn't take so much time away from GMs and people who have to bother with tickets, though.

Intentionally blocking/interfering with other people who are MVPing is skill abuse and is (theorically) bannable. SW'ing to prevent Gfist, pnuema to prevent ranged MVP'ers etc.

If MVP's werent free-for-all, they wouldnt be MVP's because the "most valuable" part is removed from the equation. Go hunt deviling, ghostring and valk mini-bosses if thats what you want.

#14 Agahim

Agahim

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1036 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:03 AM

Intentionally blocking/interfering with other people who are MVPing is skill abuse and is (theorically) bannable. SW'ing to prevent Gfist, pnuema to prevent ranged MVP'ers etc.

If MVP's werent free-for-all, they wouldnt be MVP's because the "most valuable" part is removed from the equation. Go hunt deviling, ghostring and valk mini-bosses if thats what you want.

would be news to me if GX is able to SW or pneuma.

the "most valueable" part wouldn't be removed entirely because ideally an MVP is a monster you have to take on with a >party<

i don't want anything, thanks for the advice though!

Edited by Agahim, 15 February 2012 - 04:07 AM.

#15 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:16 AM

Using Pneuma to prevent the MVP from using safety wall (for those that have it), is a legit strategy. <.<

#16 frankSG07

frankSG07

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts
  • Locationseattle WA

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:20 AM

thtz skll abuse, report em and get em banned ;)

I did, lol, they even spam greed after I kill the MVP and have the mob all over me. SS for the win!

#17 frankSG07

frankSG07

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts
  • Locationseattle WA

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:27 AM

would be news to me if GX is able to SW or pneuma.

the "most valueable" part wouldn't be removed entirely because ideally an MVP is a monster you have to take on with a >party<

not just news for u but for everybody,pshhh

MVP is a monster that you can take with or w/o party. lol

Using Pneuma to prevent the MVP from using safety wall (for those that have it), is a legit strategy. <.<

It can be used as such to protect from kill stealing, but is considered rude (and possibly offensive) if you do so for no clear purpose.

#18 Dinosexy

Dinosexy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:42 AM

I like this thread

"MVP hunting sure is FREE for all, but I should have it to myself"

#19 Ramen

Ramen

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1990 posts
  • LocationEientei

Posted 15 February 2012 - 05:25 AM

I really don't see anything rude or disrespectful about what he did at all. As others have stated, MVP boss monsters are free for anyone and everyone to attack and kill no matter who was attacking it first. If you can't kill the MVP within a couple of minutes, you should be prepared for the fact that someone else wants to kill it too. I've never once gotten upset at someone beating me to the MVP. Is it a little frustrating sometimes? Sure, but that's just how it goes. If you want to stop getting MVPs taken from you, level your character up to 150 and make sure it's an MVP build that can compete with others.

#20 Shiroi17

Shiroi17

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 875 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 06:16 AM

There's no "Too bad we found it first try again in 2hours", even less if he used a Convex Mirror to find it. Some people won't try to kill it if other people are, but don't expect kindness from 95% of the servers. If it's a MVP that I actively hunt, too bad for people not killing it fast enough.

#21 rivermans

rivermans

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 514 posts
  • LocationProntera in the World of Rune Midgard
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 15 February 2012 - 06:36 AM

Hey guys I'm new here. I'm from pRO.

Thing is we were killing Phreeoni then suddenly this level 150 GX comes out of nowhere and kill steals the said MVP.
Take note we were transcendents level 80 in front of Phree ( a low levelled MVP) I mean considering he was 150 and we were not even 99 it was really low.
He then keeps saying monsters are for everyone (it is) and that it is okay to kill-steal them(i don't think so). I mean if we were both 150 I would understand that it was fair play but to do it to transcendents not even reaching 99? He can keep the MVP but it's not an action fit for one who is 150.

Posted Image

What do you guys think? Since we haven't reached a month here in iRO (Ygg) just want to see what y'all would think.
Since where I come from we actually admire lower levels doing MVP hunt and give way to them since there are more out there and there is next time.
We will try again next time but I think this 150 really needs a life =/

@Anahorika
If anyone needs a life its you. MVPS are Free for all and this isn't kill-stealing so quit QQ'ing and just kill faster next time. Do you just expect level 150 characters who walk up to an MVP your attacking to just go "Oh your killing the MVP I guess I'll leave" as that won't happen. MVP's are highly competed so get used to level 150's being around killing MVP's as the screenshot's that were posted make you look bad not the GX. And Honestly I'd avoid joining the OP's guild as it sounds like a guild filled with people who QQ about things a 150 does.

@fontevrand keep up the good mvping and kill those mvps

#22 frankSG07

frankSG07

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts
  • Locationseattle WA

Posted 15 February 2012 - 06:42 AM

I really don't see anything rude or disrespectful about what he did at all. As others have stated, MVP boss monsters are free for anyone and everyone to attack and kill no matter who was attacking it first. If you can't kill the MVP within a couple of minutes, you should be prepared for the fact that someone else wants to kill it too. I've never once gotten upset at someone beating me to the MVP. Is it a little frustrating sometimes? Sure, but that's just how it goes. If you want to stop getting MVPs taken from you, level your character up to 150 and make sure it's an MVP build that can compete with others.

ppnuema-It can be used as such to protect from kill stealing, but is considered rude (and possibly offensive) if you do so for no clear purpose.

back read

#23 Shisho

Shisho

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 06:47 AM

I think this is rather a hurtful thread. Isn't it against the forum rules to single anyone out? The said person apologized as well. What you are doing up there is just making one sided arguments that is not supported by in-game rules. ;)

#24 Anahorika

Anahorika

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • LocationYggdrasil

Posted 15 February 2012 - 07:18 AM

Sorry for the late reply.

To let people know, Please don't assume anything yet cause the asking of other peoples opinion is the point of this thread. I'm looking for the voice of the masses cause we're new here and we want to know if its normal here for things like this to happen since I haven't experienced this sort where I come from. Now that I've seen what people say I also will apologize cause at that moment that was how I felt. I can't take it back but I do understand better now. I didn't know there was an FFA rule too (it's informational). Thank you for the people who's responses were actually helpful! And sorry for the guy too.

Guess questions answered! Thanks to all ;)

#25 Akirohana

Akirohana

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 15 February 2012 - 07:20 AM

Well, Firstly, we're not saying MVPs are for ourselves, and for ourselves only. We would've appreciated a little respect from that GX, since for us newbies with just eden sets, we're just MVPing for the EXP. Without CONVEX and all. Now don't throw that "You got no equips, Can't kill fast, Then don't go boss hunting coz you can't." We hunted Phreeoni ever since we're level 56. We roamed around that map for almost 30 minutes just to find him. I know it's not on any rules or whatsoever, but for a newbie, those efforts are quite enough to make a rant thread like this. Excuse us if we can't grind up to 150 that quick, that's why we're boss hunting. We just didn't expect something like that at all. Say whatever you want to say, but for me and her (Anahorika), We just felt all our efforts wasted.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users