Killstealing MVP's - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * - - - 6 votes

Killstealing MVP's

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#26 kotoyuri

kotoyuri

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 February 2012 - 07:29 AM

ppnuema-It can be used as such to protect from kill stealing, but is considered rude (and possibly offensive) if you do so for no clear purpose.

back read

So two wrongs make a right?

#27 blitzersion

blitzersion

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 428 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:14 AM

Poor Apple... ;)

#28 fontevrand

fontevrand

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 66 posts
  • LocationToronto/Taipei
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:RO Chaos/RO2 Freyja

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:15 AM

Well, Firstly, we're not saying MVPs are for ourselves, and for ourselves only. We would've appreciated a little respect from that GX, since for us newbies with just eden sets, we're just MVPing for the EXP. Without CONVEX and all. Now don't throw that "You got no equips, Can't kill fast, Then don't go boss hunting coz you can't." We hunted Phreeoni ever since we're level 56. We roamed around that map for almost 30 minutes just to find him. I know it's not on any rules or whatsoever, but for a newbie, those efforts are quite enough to make a rant thread like this. Excuse us if we can't grind up to 150 that quick, that's why we're boss hunting. We just didn't expect something like that at all. Say whatever you want to say, but for me and her (Anahorika), We just felt all our efforts wasted.

Well...then...
why don't you guys try MVP summoner, it can be summoned by a npc in Geffen Tower, and it's private.
althought the npc gonna leave a while around Feb 28th.

Again, I feel sorry to ruin you guys' effort.

Edited by fontevrand, 15 February 2012 - 08:24 AM.

#29 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10262 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:33 AM

Ah, please remove the screenshots with names. MVPs are free for all as people here have noted, though if skills are used in a way to deliberately prevent players from (for instance) getting to loots of a monster they've killed or that would otherwise have no reason to be cast on top of a monster being fought by another party you can send in a report.

#30 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:22 AM

Well, Firstly, we're not saying MVPs are for ourselves, and for ourselves only. We would've appreciated a little respect from that GX, since for us newbies with just eden sets, we're just MVPing for the EXP. Without CONVEX and all. Now don't throw that "You got no equips, Can't kill fast, Then don't go boss hunting coz you can't." We hunted Phreeoni ever since we're level 56. We roamed around that map for almost 30 minutes just to find him. I know it's not on any rules or whatsoever, but for a newbie, those efforts are quite enough to make a rant thread like this. Excuse us if we can't grind up to 150 that quick, that's why we're boss hunting. We just didn't expect something like that at all. Say whatever you want to say, but for me and her (Anahorika), We just felt all our efforts wasted.

Rules don't care if you're newbie or not.

It only cares if you follow or don't follow them. ;)

#31 frankSG07

frankSG07

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts
  • Locationseattle WA
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:08 AM

So two wrongs make a right?

Oh, please make it right...

#32 simca437

simca437

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 684 posts
  • Server:valkyrie

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:12 AM

Hey guys I'm new here. I'm from pRO.

Thing is we were killing Phreeoni then suddenly this level 150 GX comes out of nowhere and kill steals the said MVP.
Take note we were transcendents level 80 in front of Phree ( a low levelled MVP) I mean considering he was 150 and we were not even 99 it was really low.
He then keeps saying monsters are for everyone (it is) and that it is okay to kill-steal them(i don't think so). I mean if we were both 150 I would understand that it was fair play but to do it to transcendents not even reaching 99? He can keep the MVP but it's not an action fit for one who is 150.

Posted Image

What do you guys think? Since we haven't reached a month here in iRO (Ygg) just want to see what y'all would think.
Since where I come from we actually admire lower levels doing MVP hunt and give way to them since there are more out there and there is next time.
We will try again next time but I think this 150 really needs a life =/

@anahorika...stop complaining!
do u even know what mvp means?? itz MOST VALUABLE PERSON
this title is for someone who is the best in a competetion...
similarily mvp is kinda competion,n in a competition theres no space of mercy or compassion or no such thing as respect n crap!...there is only one thing and that is to b d best n become the winner!
and so did the gx ....he is the best among u guys n so he did get the mvp....
and WHY THE HELL WILL HE GIVE U THE LOOTS!huh?? he deserved it ...he got it....
if he feels like giving u ...u take it
if not u hve no damn right to.complain about.it...coz u dnt deserve it....

and u tlked with him so rudely without any reason,and still u think ppl support ur backboneless reasons of RESPECT??
if i were that gx i wudnt have even bothered to reply ur troll speeches!
dont b such an *** and low life.....try to get ur self a 125+ char as soon as u can,and try to b the best...and stop ur habit of complaining like 5 year old child,and get some life!

HOPE TO.SEE YOU WELL MATURED IN REAL FUTURE!!

#33 mintypudding

mintypudding

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1306 posts
  • Server:Your Mom

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:18 AM

sux2bu. Also, cross out the player's name next time. It's not cool to try to spread slander.

#34 simca437

simca437

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 684 posts
  • Server:valkyrie

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:24 AM

sux2bu. Also, cross out the player's name next time. It's not cool to try to spread slander.

no,she did it intentionally...so as to de fame the gx!

#35 Nine

Nine

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:28 AM

Ah, please remove the screenshots with names. MVPs are free for all as people here have noted, though if skills are used in a way to deliberately prevent players from (for instance) getting to loots of a monster they've killed or that would otherwise have no reason to be cast on top of a monster being fought by another party you can send in a report.

If a party kills an MVP with the MVP sign designated on them then all those who try to loot that party could be reported, right? In an instance with a Bloody Branch the MVP is free for all but the loot is not?

Edited by Nine, 15 February 2012 - 11:30 AM.

#36 Pril

Pril

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 562 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:13 PM

You got out-competed, end of story. I highly doubts anyone takes into consideration whether you're new or not under these circumstances, as they really should not.

#37 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:50 PM

The said "KS-er" player didn't do anything related to KSing. He didn't do anything wrong. It's normal to compete for MVPs like this.
If you can't take the competition, people have said this many times, summon it, and kill it yourself, competition-less.

@Apple: You really don't have to apologize at all. You did nothing wrong =P

#38 Bullova

Bullova

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:57 PM

ITT crappy players who can't win so they resort to whining to GMs on the forum in hopes to get the other party banned.

Just like all the whiners about Comet in the other topic.

#39 Scott

Scott

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1590 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:43 PM

Free for all, yes. But consider it as a normal mob It's also free for all. I can compare this like a 99 kill-stealing a poring from a novice uncalled for right?. Kill-steals suck if it's a normal mob what more if it's MVP. KS-ing an MVP just shows you need to KS to MVP..to think that monster has already dealt damage from transcendents. I mean what can that dude be proud of with that?

Normal mobs are not free for all. MVPs are free for all. It's a simple line. If you don't like it, kill faster.

#40 Rafa07

Rafa07

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 909 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie/Classic

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:49 PM

If a party kills an MVP with the MVP sign designated on them then all those who try to loot that party could be reported, right? In an instance with a Bloody Branch the MVP is free for all but the loot is not?

monsters from DB/BB/Event/MVP are FFA, also for loot the first one that hit the mob will have more chance to gain the loot since the damage he do count as double in loot priority like this: 2 guys killing one mvp the first guy hit the mvp first and do 30% of final damage the other guy do 70% of the damage, the first guy have loot priority and the loot should be his not the guy that got MVP

#41 Anchors

Anchors

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • Server:Chaos, when it's up

Posted 15 February 2012 - 03:44 PM

Actually, your efforts were not wasted at all; you learned the valuable lessons that other players aren't going to subject themselves to courtesies entirely outside the rules that you felt like you deserved.

That's not to say most of us haven't been exposed to that rule in almost the exact same way at one point or another - I feel you there, believe me, if events did in fact transpire as claimed - but your screenshots don't even show for instance that you indicated in any way that you wished to handle the MVP on your own as newbies. All I see is job exp from the MVP (i.e. it died), then the flinging of accusations, the entirely false assertion that the "perpetrator" should feel sorry for his actions, and trashtalk solely from your end. I doubt there would have been much time to do make such a request, but, if you expect an effort to be made for your own sake, expect to make the effort to communicate that idea.

I disagree that the GX's name should be wiped from the screenshot - there was absolutely no rulebreaking done on his part. If anything, blank out your own for possibly harrassing another player.

#42 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 15 February 2012 - 03:48 PM

honestly if I turn up to an mvp and I see someone without an aura, I'm not going to think "they might be 103 trying to level off it"

I'll think this - "They could be 149 and therefore just as able to comp it as I am"

#43 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:28 PM

ITT crappy players who can't win so they resort to whining to GMs on the forum in hopes to get the other party banned.

Just like all the whiners about Comet in the other topic.

And all the whiners in the Mini-valk topic who are still stubborn and don't follow the rules.

#44 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:36 PM

How does one Kill Steal an MVP?

#45 An1v1a

An1v1a

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 05:08 PM

First of all don't kill MVP when you are low level.
you are sickening me by keep on saying "KSing lvl 81 trans".

yup that GX is not doing something appropriate but from the screen-_-
you are the one who started acting like a baby.

#46 Rafa07

Rafa07

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 909 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie/Classic

Posted 15 February 2012 - 05:21 PM

i manage to kill phre, gtb and orc hero with my 80+ LK you just need to kill it fast before someone find you, also i lvled my creator to geneticist only killing mvps, so yes you can and you should lvl with mvps jsut make sure you can compete against 3rd class
you can also MVP with ET

Edited by Rafa07, 15 February 2012 - 05:22 PM.

#47 XIII_Eraser

XIII_Eraser

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1448 posts
  • LocationBehind You
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 15 February 2012 - 05:31 PM

Its funny cause instead of embarrassing the GX you fools just embarrassed yourselves though you guys should really learn from this to some people etiquette or w/e doesn't matter and if you cant compete then don't b_*ch you need to go out and learn about life more

#48 Laird

Laird

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 06:23 PM

I see IRO has a different "rule" for hunting MVP than all other RO servers.

I only realized this rule after 2 months since I started to play IRO.

But I think this rule is quiet unfair in some circumstances.

For example, if you a RK or RG and are killing a strong MVP such as Detardeurus and Fallen Bishop, and you tank by yourself. Suddenly, a Gen or a Sura/Ranger shows up attacking that MVP as well. Finally, you will be his/her tank and you will consume lots of potions or even yggs, but he spends nothing, because there is free tank.

This is Crap and unfair.But anyway, this is IRO.

Apart from MVP, in IRO, people even KS normal monsters and steal loots.

Finally, I almost give up my chracter in IRO when it is reaching Lv 150.

Edited by Laird, 15 February 2012 - 06:25 PM.

#49 Zander

Zander

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2393 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 17 February 2012 - 03:45 AM

I mostly play ro coz of MVPs(for more than a year now) and theres no such KS in terms of MVPing. Sometimes i win sometimes i lose but thats part of competion. And if i lose i try to figure out how to win next time either use different class vs the comp's class. For example, i use my warlock all the time killing gtb but if i have comp i bring out my genetic. :hmm: Anyways all im saying is if u lose dont take it seriously but instead use it as your inspiration/motivation how to become stronger by maybe changing your build, trying to get better gears etc. I remeber those days when some1 always beat me. Its very frustrating but i worked so hard to level all my chars. Now some few people when they see me they dont even bother to compete not all though just few lol. But it feels good to know that hahaha. Also, nowadays the competition is even higher so using trans class is really not a good idea. Wish u luck and level your killer then compete :ic:

#50 iZola

iZola

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:23 AM

Sorry for the late reply.

To let people know, Please don't assume anything yet cause the asking of other peoples opinion is the point of this thread. I'm looking for the voice of the masses cause we're new here and we want to know if its normal here for things like this to happen since I haven't experienced this sort where I come from. Now that I've seen what people say I also will apologize cause at that moment that was how I felt. I can't take it back but I do understand better now. I didn't know there was an FFA rule too (it's informational). Thank you for the people who's responses were actually helpful! And sorry for the guy too.

Guess questions answered! Thanks to all :hmm:

I congratulate you for attitude of apologizing. It's rare to see that in these forums.

@all
Stop bashing the kid already, she acknowledged it was a mistake not to make this thread, but to have that action.
If you want to complain about someone's post, read the after posts before.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users