Eat Gear NPC - Page 4 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

Eat Gear NPC

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
129 replies to this topic

#76 dongpickle

dongpickle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 231 posts
  • LocationSeoul, Korea
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:55 AM

wow shado chill down xD just angry because you got tons of certs and im trying to sell them cheap

#77 shado

shado

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 401 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:57 AM

wow shado chill down xD just angry because you got tons of certs and im trying to sell them cheap

I don't really care what you do, as I sold all of my certs before the maint. I'm just saying this npc shouldn't be permanent.
Getting pretty annoyed with how the GM's keep running the game into the ground.

Edited by shado, 01 March 2012 - 04:58 AM.

#78 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:08 AM

You act like you think I've never had a 1/1 novice with 0 zeny and and empty storage. There isn't a point in playing an MMO if there is nothing to work towards, especially gears and ingame currency. You're a new player, it's hard for you to make money. GOOD. That's the way it should be, not someone playing one day of Ragnarok and selling $10 for 50m zeny.

Don't bring the kafra shop into this. Everyone knows the kafra shop is a problem. We are talking strictly about what can be obtained in-game with this new system. There's a difference between 'hard' and 'just ridiculous' and if you don't use the cash shop as a noob with the way renewal works at the moment, that's what it seems like the first time you get to that point where your eden gears are suddenly crap and won't help you survive against any monsters in the +100 range. RO's means of generating currency is sketchy and flawed in the current state. Things you can actually work to get with some level of success are worth peanuts. Anything else of interest is usually a huge gamble. There's no middle zone.

In a game like Dragon Saga, noobs tend to deconstruct junk weapons into souls, and are able to sell them to high end players for nice boosts of gold. In RO, you can farm strawberries all day long and maybe be able to afford 60 white potions from the NPC.

It's entirely possible to get to lv 100 without spending a single z on anything other than potions and fly wings. The problem with that is, players aren't encouraged to really work on making zeny until they suddenly encounter this huge spike in gear necessity. In order to be able to get x gear you need to beat y monster 1000000000 times, but without x gear you can't beat y monster without losing more than you gain on potions and so on so forth. With consumables being so de-valued on the market due to bots, there's literally nothing good for lower levels to farm outside of certain cards. And RO's card farming system is so horrible that people make bots to do it for them.

Farming elu/ori, items originally intended for upgrading equipment - in order to be able to safely upgrade equipment - is really surprisingly logical.

Edited by Luckywhiterabbit, 01 March 2012 - 05:15 AM.

#79 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:27 AM

^ That is not true at all.

Even pre-renewal, which was harder, I started a new account on Valkyrie server. By the time my dancer was about 70, I was able to get a dragon tail muffler, some soul-enchanted shoes, mantle of champion, a gakkung, apple of archer, etc. Just from selling monster loot like mud lumps from mi gaos, and then buying goods off other players. The on;y gear I bought from the kafra shop was a chick hat. Now with eden gears and such I wouldn't have even had to as much as I did with gear. All this in the span of like, 2-3 weeks?

Honestly if you're complaining about money or gear you're not actually putting any effort into the game. It should take you a couple weeks to establish and reach small goals. Else you'll be bored with the game after a few days.

#80 shado

shado

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 401 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:41 AM

^ That is not true at all.

Even pre-renewal, which was harder, I started a new account on Valkyrie server. By the time my dancer was about 70, I was able to get a dragon tail muffler, some soul-enchanted shoes, mantle of champion, a gakkung, apple of archer, etc. Just from selling monster loot like mud lumps from mi gaos, and then buying goods off other players. The on;y gear I bought from the kafra shop was a chick hat. Now with eden gears and such I wouldn't have even had to as much as I did with gear. All this in the span of like, 2-3 weeks?

Honestly if you're complaining about money or gear you're not actually putting any effort into the game. It should take you a couple weeks to establish and reach small goals. Else you'll be bored with the game after a few days.

Whining about being given gear for free and it not being good enough, even though it's far better than npc gear at those levels.

Yeeeeeeeah.

#81 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:25 AM

I like this update. It was about time that npc shirts were worth the same as MVP drops :D

#82 iiNote

iiNote

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:43 AM

Newbies do have a way of getting zenny at start... it's called Dally. Get a BB or OCa and you can cash it in one of the many Buy shops around prontera or Eden for a few mills that before would take A LONG time to make.

#83 Shiroi17

Shiroi17

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 875 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:49 AM

Awesome NPC, also it's a mild zeny sink. Managed to get 7 armor certificates with 500 elu.

#84 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 07:32 AM

I'd like to suggest an npc called happy smile supplies which has a chance to hand out 200 mastelas for 3 carrots and 10 jellopy. On failure it only gives you 100 fat whites. :D

#85 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 07:36 AM

Now we only need to work out how to make rare items available to players who only log in five minutes a day. The difficult part is trying to figure what thing is still rare.

Maybe a trade in of npc knives for kvm2 weapons when those things come out :D

#86 shado

shado

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 401 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 01 March 2012 - 07:39 AM

I'd like to suggest an npc called happy smile supplies which has a chance to hand out 200 mastelas for 3 carrots and 10 jellopy. On failure it only gives you 100 fat whites. :D

I'd rather have the 3 carrots than 100 fat whites :[

#87 morphine

morphine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1123 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 07:55 AM

The mimic has good and bad points, but I think the biggest problem is that it accepts NPC gear. :/ It could use some tweaking with its implementation... IMO, if it's at all possible, make it monster-dropped gear only and start the prizes at +7 instead to make the certs a little less plentiful. If there actually is a way to give different results with different gear, why not have different success rates with higher level/MVP dropped gear? People are just going to use cotton shirts, etc otherwise. Maybe it's possible to add different items instead of certs for the low level stuff?

Also, ores might be good income for new players, but elu/ori hotspots should probably be peeked at now and then to keep the bots away... >.>

P.S. With all these exchanger things lately, I'd love to get a pet egg/gear exchanger of some kind. I suppose I should just NPC them for 10z, but that makes me feel bad... D:

#88 Wanderer

Wanderer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 08:02 AM

It should not accept NPC gears and it should also get you a better chance if the gear is carded just to give some extra value to useless cards, people will buy them just to put them on crap gears and get it blasted at the npc.

#89 jcrocs

jcrocs

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 01 March 2012 - 08:10 AM

why waste time and ore to upgrade a crappy shirt that it will be extremely hard to get to +7, when you can just farm the ore and sell it all when you get 100 or so, and at the current rates that ppl are buying for, that be would around 8mil. and speaking from personal experience, that is a crap load of money for a new player, lol

#90 aquaria

aquaria

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 09:02 AM

It was fun going to diff town upgrading NPC. upgrade gears to +5 before going back to Eden and used enriched to +7.

#91 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 09:35 AM

You can pull 300-400 elu an hour on a level like 100 genetic(With VIP/gum). REAL TOUGH STUFF I KNOW

#92 Roman

Roman

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • Locationunited states
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:34 AM

I support this npc and want to thank the GM's for their effort.
However, I also understand that it should be adjusted. Accepting NPC gear is not a good thing. It is not hard for a new player to find gear to upgrade, do you know how many pink hats I found lvling my novice at spores....

Roman

#93 falkenjeff

falkenjeff

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 448 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada
  • Server:"Valkyrie, prepared."

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:44 AM

what are you guys killing in that dungeon?

#94 Helios0

Helios0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2425 posts
  • Server:Chaos (Yggdrasil☻RIP)

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:56 AM

the NPC gear isnt the problem..

for one coding it for different gear would mean they'd have to code for each specific piece of gear which would be more of a nightmare on their part..
second, there would just be more bots farming slotted adventure suits slotted cotton shirts slotted guards slotted wooden mail slotted bucklers slotted hoods and sandals.. the supply would still be there it would only increase the price by 1000-5000z
the problem is people are angry their over Summoner'ed gear is no longer the hyper inflated price it used to be... don't forget that before the inflation you could get a diabulos armor for 2.5m and that was back in may/june/etc..

get over it it probably wont be around forever anyways and if it is.. then just accept it

there are already too many work around for people to use little to no effort to get ridiculously rich.. They should have just removed the Summoner instead of giving in to the whiners and complainers "OMG I actually have to hunt instead of getting my own mvp???" then mvp gear would actually go back up in price and you wouldn't be complaining.. IN THAT scenario the certs would be irrelevant because gear would be scarce again and people might do ET more

Edited by Helios0, 01 March 2012 - 10:57 AM.

#95 Shiroi17

Shiroi17

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 875 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 11:54 AM

I support this npc and want to thank the GM's for their effort.
However, I also understand that it should be adjusted. Accepting NPC gear is not a good thing. It is not hard for a new player to find gear to upgrade, do you know how many pink hats I found lvling my novice at spores....

Roman

It takes roughly 80 Elunium to make 1 +7 armor on an average basis, 640k 6.4m worth of eluniums. That's not a lot, elu price will be going up, certs will mostlikely sell for 2-4m in a couple weeks. I believe Heim intented certs to be worth 2-5m and not 16-20m.

It increases the value of elu and rough eluniums, that's perfect for new players. 15-20k per rough elu? Nice deal.

Edited by Shiroi17, 01 March 2012 - 12:18 PM.

#96 Skotios

Skotios

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:02 PM

It takes roughly 80 Elunium to make 1 +7 armor on an average basis, 640k worth of eluniums. That's not a lot, elu price will be going up, certs will mostlikely sell for 2-4m in a couple weeks. I believe Heim intented certs to be worth 2-5m and not 16-20m.

It increases the value of elu and rough eluniums, that's perfect for new players. 15-20k per rough elu? Nice deal.

80 elus priced at what? :D according to my math 80 x 100k (Some random average I threw out there) is 8 mil. The certs will cost around what they should be so I don't see an issue with this. It just hurt the MVP farmers and helps everyone else lol.

Just make the MVP gear produce more certs and/or of their type, not random. Most are body armors atm, I believe (aside from Twins right?). Body certs are used up the fastest (garmet, shield, foot, body) and generally are the most expensive anyway.

Edited by Skotios, 01 March 2012 - 12:09 PM.

#97 Shiroi17

Shiroi17

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 875 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:17 PM

80 elus priced at what? :D according to my math 80 x 100k (Some random average I threw out there) is 8 mil. The certs will cost around what they should be so I don't see an issue with this. It just hurt the MVP farmers and helps everyone else lol.

Just make the MVP gear produce more certs and/or of their type, not random. Most are body armors atm, I believe (aside from Twins right?). Body certs are used up the fastest (garmet, shield, foot, body) and generally are the most expensive anyway.

wow brainfart

6.4m 80k per

Thanks for correcting me >.<

Edited by Shiroi17, 01 March 2012 - 12:21 PM.

#98 blitzersion

blitzersion

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 428 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:42 PM

He can have my +10 Knife.

More fail. That's a level 1 weapon xD

#99 Helios0

Helios0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2425 posts
  • Server:Chaos (Yggdrasil☻RIP)

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:47 PM

that mimic is creepy..

reminds me of when they used to chase my wizard around when i was hunting alarms..
at least they didnt make it a RideWord..

on that note.. RIDEWORD & Mimic CUTE PETs!!!

Mimic Tame: Shiny Treasure ---- Accessory: Bradium Lock --- Food = Loot
Rideword Tame: Trashy Tabloid --- Accessory: Book Clip --- Food = Book Worm

Edited by Helios0, 01 March 2012 - 12:48 PM.

#100 magpi

magpi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:46 PM

Oh boo~ i just logged in after the maint and it was gone. Did they remove it or did they just move it's location. I was kind of hoping to recycle some old gears taking up storage space from 4+ years ago XD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users