After 99 homun leveling? - Page 3 - Homunculus Headquarters - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

After 99 homun leveling?

• Please log in to reply
180 replies to this topic

#51 dontleaveme

dontleaveme

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 353 posts
  • LocationSC, USA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 10 March 2012 - 10:52 AM

I farm royal jellies in that dungeon. The mobs there just hit too hard for a homunculus to level there safely, I think. And I don't think I could afk, I'd be too tempted to greed for dead branches, jellies and zipper bear cards.

Lol, same ^^^^

#52 HealingPalms

HealingPalms

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 784 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 01:50 PM

How about the map just before Anubis and mino's that can be mobby with the right amout of ppl on it.

#53 dontleaveme

dontleaveme

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 353 posts
  • LocationSC, USA

Posted 10 March 2012 - 02:17 PM

We are trying to get people to move to Yuno Field 07 (the jup entrance harpy map)

It's small and narrow, yet bigger than od2 which is getting way too packed on ymir for a decent exp/hr rate.

No ranged targets, and only 1 aggro mob. Most 99-110 homun will have at least 100 int so silence is ignored.

Good drops, and 6 exits/entrances to park lower leveled homun/chemist at.

Can't be bb'd or db'd either.

Nobody should have a reason to QQ about a-_- stealing their leveling spot because there are like 4 or 5 more harpy maps, several with a nice spawn rate. I'm pretty sure nobody really levels on harpies anyways... way better spots to level in that range...

Edited by dontleaveme, 10 March 2012 - 02:20 PM.

#54 HealingPalms

HealingPalms

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 784 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 02:42 PM

Hmm i may move mine there tomorrow and keep em there so that will be another 2 there for you :)

#55 dontleaveme

dontleaveme

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 353 posts
  • LocationSC, USA

Posted 10 March 2012 - 02:52 PM

Hmm i may move mine there tomorrow and keep em there so that will be another 2 there for you :)

Hopefully we can round up enough people to move there tomorrow. I'll be in od2 until more people on ymir say they are willing to make Yuno Field 07 the new afk spot.

Edited by dontleaveme, 10 March 2012 - 02:52 PM.

#56 HealingPalms

HealingPalms

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 784 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 02:19 AM

I wonder if any one could set up a poll to see how many numbers would be willing to make a move?

#57 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 08:02 AM

I really don't think there's any reason to move to that map until the brasilis spotlight is over, well unless it's afk leveling...

#58 dontleaveme

dontleaveme

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 353 posts
  • LocationSC, USA

Posted 11 March 2012 - 08:13 AM

it's for afk leveling :P it's actually not bad for semi-afk either, takes less work than brasilis.
My sera is 10% from 116 atm, once I get her level and poison mist I plan to mob up sleepers and harpies :>

Edited by dontleaveme, 11 March 2012 - 08:14 AM.

#59 MizunoAoi

MizunoAoi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 587 posts
  • Server:Chaos and Loki

Posted 11 March 2012 - 08:17 AM

If we can get more people yuno fild 7 seems nice. Small and mobby.

Now that I've got a homun S with it's attck skill I'm game to try anywhere, as long as it's more than just myself.

#60 dontleaveme

dontleaveme

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 353 posts
  • LocationSC, USA

Posted 11 March 2012 - 10:21 AM

Posted Image

poison mist in action on yuno field 7. can kill everything with one cast ^^

Edited by dontleaveme, 11 March 2012 - 10:22 AM.

#61 Chorolus

Chorolus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Locationin a box...
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 11 March 2012 - 10:48 AM

Tried TI1 and then Muscovia dungeon with my new Eleanor, Muscovia 3 was about 2-3x faster xp while roaming. IMO if we can get some ppl there, the spawn will be awesome.

http://db.irowiki.or...nfo/mosk_dun03/

To get there from lvl 2 of the dungeon, just talk to the rock on the narrow path on the east side of the map. I still haven't tried Amatsu dungeon, but will try to get over there to give it a shot this week for comparison.

#62 dontleaveme

dontleaveme

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 353 posts
  • LocationSC, USA

Posted 11 March 2012 - 11:36 AM

we got 90% of od2 to moscovia on ymir the other day. moscovia 1 doesn't have enough mobs and moscovia 3 has an mvp so neither work.
lif and filir based homun also die really fast to moscovia 3 mobs.

Edited by dontleaveme, 11 March 2012 - 11:37 AM.

#63 Daize

Daize

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 213 posts
  • Server:classic

Posted 11 March 2012 - 11:51 AM

I'm seriously thinking about transferring my genetic over to Ymir just to level my homunculus. The only good spot to AFK level on Valk is orc dun 1, but it's unbelievable how packed it has become as of late. At least you guys can talk to each other and try to move to a different map, but the people here are either botting, too hardheaded to try something different, or too low level to handle anything else. I was also thinking about making a thread in the RO chat to try and catch peoples' attention and go to a different map, but honestly it would probably be a waste of time.

#64 dontleaveme

dontleaveme

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 353 posts
  • LocationSC, USA

Posted 11 March 2012 - 12:09 PM

I thought you lost your homun from server xfers?

#65 Daize

Daize

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 12:15 PM

You're probably right. I haven't transferred a character in a long time, and I can't find the server transfer FAQ either. Guess I'm stuck here then.

edit: yeah just found it

Homunculi can be transferred with their Alchemists. However they will be reset to "newly called" status. They will be level 1, no skills, and intimacy will be reset. When transferred, any homunculi attached to the character will be lost.

Edited by Daize, 11 March 2012 - 12:16 PM.

#66 IVBela

IVBela

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 12:28 PM

I'm seriously thinking about transferring my genetic over to Ymir just to level my homunculus. The only good spot to AFK level on Valk is orc dun 1, but it's unbelievable how packed it has become as of late. At least you guys can talk to each other and try to move to a different map, but the people here are either botting, too hardheaded to try something different, or too low level to handle anything else. I was also thinking about making a thread in the RO chat to try and catch peoples' attention and go to a different map, but honestly it would probably be a waste of time.

I'm game for moving to a different place, actually today I was checking out a few maps. Of course none work as well as OD1 if I'm alone, but as I said I'm ready to party somewhere else.

Ground Petite map used to be kinda good, especially because there are lots of bots there keeping up the spawn. I guess Amatsu Dungeon would work well, if there were more alchies on the map. Being there alone is not spawny enough. Kunlun Dungeon wasn't good, easily mobbed and killed. Didn't try Moscovia, and was lazy to do the Brasilis dungeon quest for now, so no idea about that either. I have yet to try Yuno Field.

Currently I peeked in to moc_pryd04, this map is small, and have huge empty space, i guess it could be awesome replacement for OD1, if/when it gets too crowded. Needs many people though.

All in all i think if enoug people gathered we should try Amatsu Dungeon 2, or Pyramid.

Edit: Whoops, there are 3 Ancient Mummies in Pyramid, and they kick ass... :(Ed

Edit2: When OD1 is full, come to OD2. With enough Alchemists this map is just as good as OD1, of not better!
As for Yuno, I gave it a try, but until (if ever) the Homun flee bug gets fixed i don't think it's viable. Both Harpies and Goats kill it easily, doesn't seem to be good for AFKing.

Edited by IVBela, 11 March 2012 - 01:20 PM.

#67 dontleaveme

dontleaveme

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 353 posts
  • LocationSC, USA

Posted 11 March 2012 - 12:32 PM

Yuno field 7 has been the best I could find. It's basically a slightly bigger/stronger od2 and ymir's od2 is getting wayyyyy tooo packed. I have about 8 other homun on my screen atm.

#68 Daize

Daize

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 01:07 PM

I've also wandered around a bit looking for a higher level OD replacement. The only good maps that I've found have already been mentioned, but l guess I'll put them in a neat little list.

First, there's earth petites. On Valkyrie, there are quite a number of bots that are here either leveling or on their way to Glast Heim. The spawn is decent, and with a good number of chemists, this could be a really good spot to afk. However, when the spawn is low, the petites can seem to have a little bit too much HP and take longer to kill than necessary... unfortunately, in that situation I've noticed OD1/2 to be more exp per hour while afking. This is still a great map to walk/tele around for mobs, though.
Posted Image

Next, there's Moscovia 3. This is a really good map to walk/tele and look for mobs, especially when you have a backpack to greed that sexy loot. As with all of the maps people have suggested for afking, if we get enough people here the spawn will be good and it will be worth while to stay for the exp. The MVP Gopinich is camped enough to not be a problem, especially if more genetics show up here to afk, one of us can easily solo him if he becomes a problem.
Posted Image

And last, there's harpies which can be found just one map south of Juno or field 07 (below). As mentioned before, 07 is very similar to OD in which it has open yet secluded areas for mobs to build up in, and also has self mobbers (goats aggro-assist)
Posted Image

You can easily walk to harpies/petites and moscovia can be /memo'd, so these are the three that I see the most potential in. Others have mentioned amatsu 2, but needing teleport scrolls, the sparse spawn, and actually getting people to go there make it a harder candidate for an official homunculus leveling map than the others I've mentioned.

Edited by Daize, 11 March 2012 - 01:14 PM.

#69 hartsa

hartsa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts
  • LocationFinland
  • Server:iRO Ymir

Posted 11 March 2012 - 01:46 PM

Hi guys,

FYI: I have moved my 3 alchemists to yuno_fild07. There is basically no spawn currently. I'm planning to keep my alchemists there to see if anyone else joins AFK-leveling there :) I'm thinking that yuno_fild04 (El Mes Plateau, south from Juno) could be better because it is so effortless to get there for anybody.

Anyway, if anyone wants to try yuno_fild07, please go ahead - you wont be alone. (Although I might be going to bed soon because it's getting late here already, but I'll continue later :) )

We really need to figure out a decent replacement for OD2... I'm not into Amatsu because I hate the firelocks there.

#70 dontleaveme

dontleaveme

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 353 posts
  • LocationSC, USA

Posted 11 March 2012 - 01:56 PM

What server?

#71 hartsa

hartsa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts
  • LocationFinland
  • Server:iRO Ymir

Posted 11 March 2012 - 02:02 PM

What server?

Oops, sorry! Forgot to mention that I'm playing on iRO Ymir :)

#72 OccultPriest

OccultPriest

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 361 posts
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 11 March 2012 - 02:10 PM

law ok guys let me help you my homunculus is 115 so ive been working on the places to level
99-101 orc dungeon level 1
101-108 mascovia dungeon 3
108-110 magmarings (cannot afk)
110-115 magmarings (can afk)
the higher i level her the more i can tell you guys where to level

#73 Chorolus

Chorolus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Locationin a box...

Posted 11 March 2012 - 03:07 PM

we got 90% of od2 to moscovia on ymir the other day. moscovia 1 doesn't have enough mobs and moscovia 3 has an mvp so neither work.
lif and filir based homun also die really fast to moscovia 3 mobs.

That's unfortunate that it didn't work out for you guys...did you have a few genetics that weren't afk to go after the MVP? He ALWAYS spawns in that boxed in upper-right corner, but can tele like all MVP's if pinned down/sniped. Also, dunno about the other servers, but on Valk the MVP is camped so often that he's rarely actually alive and roaming around, so he's not really a threat at all.

If we got a few afk'ers to fill up the corners/edges of the map, just 1-2 roamers like me could keep the spawn top-notch. Lif's and Filirs may have trouble due to their low HP-regen, but most Homun S's should be tough enough to compensate except maybe Eira since she just can't deal much dmg...

I've also wandered around a bit looking for a higher level OD replacement. The only good maps that I've found have already been mentioned, but l guess I'll put them in a neat little list.

First, there's earth petites. On Valkyrie, there are quite a number of bots that are here either leveling or on their way to Glast Heim. The spawn is decent, and with a good number of chemists, this could be a really good spot to afk. However, when the spawn is low, the petites can seem to have a little bit too much HP and take longer to kill than necessary... unfortunately, in that situation I've noticed OD1/2 to be more exp per hour while afking. This is still a great map to walk/tele around for mobs, though.
Posted Image

Next, there's Moscovia 3. This is a really good map to walk/tele and look for mobs, especially when you have a backpack to greed that sexy loot. As with all of the maps people have suggested for afking, if we get enough people here the spawn will be good and it will be worth while to stay for the exp. The MVP Gopinich is camped enough to not be a problem, especially if more genetics show up here to afk, one of us can easily solo him if he becomes a problem.
Posted Image

And last, there's harpies which can be found just one map south of Juno or field 07 (below). As mentioned before, 07 is very similar to OD in which it has open yet secluded areas for mobs to build up in, and also has self mobbers (goats aggro-assist)
Posted Image

You can easily walk to harpies/petites and moscovia can be /memo'd, so these are the three that I see the most potential in. Others have mentioned amatsu 2, but needing teleport scrolls, the sparse spawn, and actually getting people to go there make it a harder candidate for an official homunculus leveling map than the others I've mentioned.

IMO Muscovia and Harpies are the best alternative maps, but probably only for high-level Vani/Amistr or S-class homuncs. The others aren't quite durable enough to AFK. Filir -> Bayeri/Deiter/Eleanor should be tough enough either in sheer dps or improved defense to be able to handle it too. Harpies is a pretty big map though, and would probably take 2-3x as many AFK'ers to make it work compared to Muscovia 3.

Only bad thing about Muscovia imo is that the loot is too yummy for me to even want to AFK, lol. Blue herbs, cake, mirrors(OC to npc's for 10k zeny). Yummeh loot, indeed. But if anyone wants to come AFK there, I won't mind the free loot :D

Edited by Chorolus, 11 March 2012 - 03:11 PM.

#74 dontleaveme

dontleaveme

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 353 posts
  • LocationSC, USA

Posted 11 March 2012 - 03:25 PM

Moscovia 3 just isn't gonna work imo.
A bunch of people are too lazy to do the quest and death will happen way too often for warping everyone to work.

#75 dontleaveme

dontleaveme

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 353 posts
  • LocationSC, USA

Posted 11 March 2012 - 03:29 PM

law ok guys let me help you my homunculus is 115 so ive been working on the places to level
99-101 orc dungeon level 1
101-108 mascovia dungeon 3
108-110 magmarings (cannot afk)
110-115 magmarings (can afk)
the higher i level her the more i can tell you guys where to level

People need to mention their servers. Valk and ymir are going to be very different when it comes to afk leveling. Ymir doesn't have bots at magmarings so afking there isn't possible.

Assuming you're on valk because you spent 99-101 at od1.

Edited by dontleaveme, 11 March 2012 - 03:30 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users