Maintenance March 13 - Page 16 - Ragnarok: Patch History - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Maintenance March 13

• Please log in to reply
397 replies to this topic

#376 Dreimdal

Dreimdal

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 548 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:20 PM

I think raising the requirements on St Patty hat from +7 to +8 sets a bad precedent.

What next? LoD helm that requires +12? Heroic Backpack that requires +10?

A total -_--for-brains move because it disincentivizes bothering to get most gears that need some upgrade level, since you never know when they'll require a higher plus level for their effect to kick in. Really, the only truly safe investments are either God Items or MVP cards, since neither of those will ever be nerfed, but everything else almost certainly will be at some point.

Edited by Dreimdal, 17 March 2012 - 09:21 PM.

#377 falkenjeff

falkenjeff

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 448 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:"Valkyrie, prepared."

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:25 PM

aquistion is better with an econ. Thats why Econning exists.

I've been a guildleader for 7 years, telling me I did it wrong?

You didn't do it wrong, you did it different. A newer guild without god items won't have the same resources or power to use the same strategies as the top tier guilds anyway.

If I only have the power for 1 castle once a week, and I go for all castles twice a week, I will have no castles and go broke.

#378 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:31 PM

You didn't do it wrong, you did it different. A newer guild without god items won't have the same resources or power to use the same strategies as the top tier guilds anyway.

If I only have the power for 1 castle once a week, and I go for all castles twice a week, I will have no castles and go broke.

thats not what im saying, read my edit =/

econning is there as something to be desired. Even big guilds can't econ with so much time commitment required

#379 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:31 PM

I work on Wednesdays, and Wednesday is one of my busiest days (and being salary, I have to stay until the job gets done)

So if both WoEs are on Sat, I can choose which one I want (when I have a guild), and go after whichever castle/god item piece I need. I don't even have to participate on Wednesday.

EDIT: this also applies to anyone else who works a regular 9-5 mon-fri, not just me.

Having woe active for whenever someone feels like woeing, sacrifices quality over quantity. At the end, if lots of woes are active but when you come you see nobody is playing the woes because of being burn out, then extra woes start to sound less appealing =x

Edited by Kadnya, 17 March 2012 - 09:34 PM.

#380 Aeroku

Aeroku

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:36 PM

So I have to quit my job to be a guild leader?

I would have on-going commitment. I would never WoE Wednesdays, and my guild would put all its effort into one of the Saturday WoEs based on which god item piece we want to strategically go after. You guys can have fun with your power struggles and preventing others from getting any important pieces. My goal is acquisition, not prevention.

here's the thing.

- people do woe 2.0 AND econ it to be able to run okolnir which is the only way for you to create bryn and asprika.
- people do woe 1.0 AND econ it to be able to acquire woe 1.0 god pieces in a strict timeline.
- if you don't econ a castle....you're probably going to spend a long time (possibly a year or so) to collect enough pieces for a god item. (and most likely only the lower type too, since all the high lvl forts such as megs and sleip forts are very competed)
- to econ a castle, you need to have a commitment to do woe whether you like it or not, as you can't let the castle break or else it loses the econ.

the problem with the extra woe right now:

- we have a life...we can't attend every woe, but we know we literally "must" attend them because if not, we will lose the fort that we own and the one we're planning to econ. this is the main reason why extra woe time is a problem....most people simply can't afford to get on for that long, despite the "need" to woe.
- we aren't going to spend our lifetime just for woe...after-all, this is just a game. if we're forced to get on this way, then we'll just call it quits and stop altogether.
- supplies cost more, as i stated before. but that doesn't matter as much as the points above.

to answer your question though, yes, as a guild leader, you have to be commited when it comes to woe. if you work full time where it crosses woe time, then being a leader is not something you would do. plus being a leader now already requires a lot of work such as potting before every woe, collecting money, supplies, etc. as the current state, leaders literally have to no life in order to be able to afford money/time for the extra woe.

Edited by Aeroku, 17 March 2012 - 09:39 PM.

#381 falkenjeff

falkenjeff

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 448 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:40 PM

Having woe active for whenever someone feels like woeing, sacrifices quality over quantity. At the end, if lots of woes are active but when you come you see nobody is playing the woes because of being burn out, then extra woes start to sound less appealing =x

This change is actually in favour of the small guilds, which probably don't care enough to voice their opinion 24/7 on the forums, because it's helping them not hurting them. This change screws over the big guilds, and makes it harder for them to keep their power, so they are going to be as loud as they can.

It's like restaurant reviews. Some bad reviews and a not-so-good rating on some website doesn't necessarily mean the restaurant is bad. It just means that the people who liked it didn't care enough to go online and write about it, and the people who hated it wanted to do everything in their power to make sure everyone could hear their opinion.

Let Heim study the numbers, he's the one with the tools. Maybe the big guilds don't make up the majority of the RO population? I really don't know, and I doubt you do either.

- if you don't econ a castle....you're probably going to spend a long time (possibly a year or so) to collect enough pieces for a god item.

1 year is better than never. and as for the highly competed castles, that's all up to strategy.

Edited by falkenjeff, 17 March 2012 - 09:44 PM.

#382 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:47 PM

It's like restaurant reviews. Some bad reviews and a not-so-good rating on some website doesn't necessarily mean the restaurant is bad. It just means that the people who liked it didn't care enough to go online and write about it, and the people who hated it wanted to do everything in their power to make sure everyone could hear their opinion.

I doubt it... proof of this is that someone who doesn't have a good idea about how woe is on iRO, doesn't have a guild, neither even woes, is voicing his opinion just as loud as the actual woe leaders and players =p.

I really really fear that heims reads your opinions and thinks his ideas are awesome and working. Please at least woe and increase population by one ._.;

Edited by Kadnya, 17 March 2012 - 09:49 PM.

#383 Rate

Rate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1114 posts
  • Server:bad news

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:47 PM

"I'm a noob, give me stuff so I don't have to work for it"

#384 falkenjeff

falkenjeff

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 448 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:50 PM

I doubt it... proof of this is that someone who doesn't have a good idea about how woe is on iRO, doesn't have a guild, neither even woes, is voicing his opinion just as loud as the actual woe leaders and players =p.

Also, I changed my previous post to be much less of a personal attack and more of an actual post.

I'm also not the majority of players. I'm 1.

And yes, I edited mine with your edit too.

EDIT: I also have 6.51 posts per day and you have 2.27, that makes me a little different than the average joe, don't it?

Edited by falkenjeff, 17 March 2012 - 09:55 PM.

#385 Aeroku

Aeroku

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 10:02 PM

are you really judging someone from how much they post on forum per day...

#386 lainee

lainee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 729 posts
  • LocationOceanic Eternity
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 17 March 2012 - 10:06 PM

Expecting falkenjeff's next post to ask why @autoloot does not work on iRO.

/ho

#387 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 17 March 2012 - 10:11 PM

1 year is better than never. and as for the highly competed castles, that's all up to strategy.

lol.... Half your guild won't be playing in a years time.

iRO needs guilds that want to econ, and make woe engaging and interesting.
None of this "bwing if we see someone in a fort bs" (annoying, pelase stop that guys)

#388 falkenjeff

falkenjeff

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 448 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 10:12 PM

are you really judging someone from how much they post on forum per day...

No, I'm saying I post too much.

Expecting falkenjeff's next post to ask why @autoloot does not work on iRO.

/ho

No, you're not expecting that, you're just a troll. I have greed anyway :). I joined at a good time.

#389 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 10:18 PM

We should just make them an empty fort that's active 24/7 that drops a "pat on the back" item. When you use it it has an animation of a thumbs up and a pat on the back. Would be great for those guilds that like to fight emperiums and nothing else.

#390 Solitude

Solitude

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 March 2012 - 02:03 AM

I think raising the requirements on St Patty hat from +7 to +8 sets a bad precedent.

What next? LoD helm that requires +12? Heroic Backpack that requires +10?

A total -_--for-brains move because it disincentivizes bothering to get most gears that need some upgrade level, since you never know when they'll require a higher plus level for their effect to kick in. Really, the only truly safe investments are either God Items or MVP cards, since neither of those will ever be nerfed, but everything else almost certainly will be at some point.

That and the hat doesn't drop green ales >_>

#391 FatherBob

FatherBob

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 426 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 01:00 PM

This change is actually in favour of the small guilds, which probably don't care enough to voice their opinion 24/7 on the forums, because it's helping them not hurting them. This change screws over the big guilds, and makes it harder for them to keep their power, so they are going to be as loud as they can.

Not really, considering that some of the big guilds out there have so many god items that just a small handfull of guys can take a castle from a smaller guild without much effort. It might give the smaller guilds a chance, but realistically they're not gaining much of a benefit here. Don't believe me? Go to http://choobs.org/ymirwoe/index and take a look back through all the WoEs.

And dude, we've crossed paths more than once in WoE. You know how it is on Ymir when it comes to taking and holding castles. Do you really think you'll be able to take, hold and econ a WoE 1 fort for anything more than 2 WoEs? The larger guilds will rush you just for the hell of it to keep you from getting any econ.

Edited by FatherBob, 18 March 2012 - 01:04 PM.

#392 Beanbean

Beanbean

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 819 posts
  • Server:Valk / Ygg

Posted 18 March 2012 - 03:54 PM

Idk I definitely can't speak for everyone but I'm gonna stop woeing on saturdays for 1.0 and just focus on 2.0. I have no problem supplying the people in my guild who do show up but its just not worth it. When it comes to the point that a very competitive woe guild (like mine and hopefully others) start picking which woe they wanna do on saturdays, maybe it'll show we're pretty committed to the old schedule? Idk. It's just frustrating because it's really hard to dedicate 5-6 hours a saturday to woeing. I really think the heart of the problem is its all in one day. And yeah sorry if I'm just repeating what everyone says, this just seems like a really ill-thought out way of changing the game without asking for opinion. I've spoken to some (maybe all?) of the bigger guilds on ygg and each guild leader (Loki's Realm, Volkiba, Valkyrie, Warrior Nation and myself [CMB]) seem to share the opinion that three woes is too stressful and in the end just not going to work out long term.

Also, if you think this woe gives smaller guilds a chance, I'm 99% sure that the bigger guilds will just log on last 15 minutes and break all the 1.0s they need, and now 2.0 will be the only time people econ. So smaller guilds won't end up with forts anyways lol

Edited by Beanbean, 18 March 2012 - 03:55 PM.

#393 Pres

Pres

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1427 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 18 March 2012 - 04:18 PM

Yggdrasil's woe 1 for me:

Get supplies
Go into first castle
Empty
Break emp
Second castle
Empty again
Break emp
Third castle
Empty... again
Break emp
Fourth castle
Finally found six people
Logged off around 30 mins into woe to nap around 3 hours before woe 2 starts :]

#394 Azyrk

Azyrk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 18 March 2012 - 04:33 PM

What ever happened to that poll about Ygg WoE?

#395 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 06:04 PM

WoE1 is actually really fun. They should really just entirely disable alliances for woe1 though. That'd add a good bit of fun to it. Small group(talking like 15-25 or so people) is incredible fun in WoE1 setting. It's like large scale pvp for 2 hours if people don't just bwing on sight and only both showing up the last 10 minutes to grab forts.

#396 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:19 AM

WoE 1 sucked bad saturday. most of our people are asleep during those hours (eastern hemisphere) or didn't know the times changed or SOMETHING despite being told repeatedly, and missed it.

Our enemies, Warrior Nation and Valkyrie had like 15 and 10 people on, respectively, maybe more if they were split among different castles. We had... bum dum dum... drum roll please... 6 people. We still wrecked their precast when they had left with most of their people to attack elsewhere though and they had to recall some 20+ people between 2 guilds to fight our 6. It was a lame woe.

WoE2 was a lot more interesting, we actually had like 12 people, though even that was a bad turnout, but we had allies unlike in WoE 1 (where bean is abstaining, and loki's was doing its own thing). I really don't want this extra woe to continue. It only gives advantages to guilds with members that have no lives (Valkyrie in this case)

#397 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:45 AM

WoE 1 sucked bad saturday. most of our people are asleep during those hours (eastern hemisphere) or didn't know the times changed or SOMETHING despite being told repeatedly, and missed it.

Our enemies, Warrior Nation and Valkyrie had like 15 and 10 people on, respectively, maybe more if they were split among different castles. We had... bum dum dum... drum roll please... 6 people. We still wrecked their precast when they had left with most of their people to attack elsewhere though and they had to recall some 20+ people between 2 guilds to fight our 6. It was a lame woe.

WoE2 was a lot more interesting, we actually had like 12 people, though even that was a bad turnout, but we had allies unlike in WoE 1 (where bean is abstaining, and loki's was doing its own thing). I really don't want this extra woe to continue. It only gives advantages to guilds with members that have no lives (Valkyrie in this case)

They will claim that you're bitter, but the majority of the people that you mentioned have pretty much always lived on Ragnarok.

#398 LancesBabe

LancesBabe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 04:20 PM

Ygg poll please?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users