SirSlayer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1638 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:25 AM

Well I don't think many of these "doom" scenarios have been proven wrong yet. More and more people quit paying for this game because of Lucky Spin(doom scenario is overall loss of customers, and it seems more and more is heading that way). Friends list still isnt back up(doom scenario is that it never will be, how should we have any hopes of thinking anything different....clan wars was supposed to be back up....not coming back now apparently), they said they took down the community chat and I'm pretty sure they said they were getting new equipment to upgrade the servers and make the server more stable....but yet they need to take down the community chat....hmmm. So how good is that equipment or whatever they were doing upgrade the servers, then even people had problems with getting IMpts, pretty sad that your money transaction goes INSTANTLY through...so that part is never "not working" but even though the payment goes right through, your points don't at times, and the "professional response" we get is.... send in a ticket about it. smh. Why should I have to do work for something that is a problem on your end. They need a 24/7 customer service chat or # or something at least to help with those types of things.... if they are making so much money cause people think ROSE is doing just fine, then use some of that money to implement a customer service team that doesnt take 2days - 2weeks to get a response from at times.

So while they might not be "doom" scenarios, they aren't far off. Also notice the amount of people that are quitting lately.

Edited by SirSlayer, 26 March 2012 - 11:26 AM.

#27 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:35 AM

Well I don't think many of these "doom" scenarios have been proven wrong yet. More and more people quit paying for this game because of Lucky Spin(doom scenario is overall loss of customers, and it seems more and more is heading that way). Friends list still isnt back up(doom scenario is that it never will be, how should we have any hopes of thinking anything different....clan wars was supposed to be back up....not coming back now apparently), they said they took down the community chat and I'm pretty sure they said they were getting new equipment to upgrade the servers and make the server more stable....but yet they need to take down the community chat....hmmm. So how good is that equipment or whatever they were doing upgrade the servers, then even people had problems with getting IMpts, pretty sad that your money transaction goes INSTANTLY through...so that part is never "not working" but even though the payment goes right through, your points don't at times, and the "professional response" we get is.... send in a ticket about it. smh. Why should I have to do work for something that is a problem on your end. They need a 24/7 customer service chat or # or something at least to help with those types of things.... if they are making so much money cause people think ROSE is doing just fine, then use some of that money to implement a customer service team that doesnt take 2days - 2weeks to get a response from at times.

So while they might not be "doom" scenarios, they aren't far off. Also notice the amount of people that are quitting lately.

Here is A hardware update

We are testing out the changes for a final check on Leonis ATM.
Draconis will come up a little bit later, we have had to switch out some hardware which then needs the updates added and tested.

Leonis should be up in the next 15-20 minutes.
Draconis we are expecting to be up by 8 PM PST.

Also the money transactions aren't always 100% either, read through the different sections some people cant get them to work for a while either, now the IM points to items seem to do fine at least i haven't seen anything about someone not getting those yet...

Edited by Zurn, 26 March 2012 - 11:38 AM.

#28 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:41 AM

Seriously, it looks like they created a lot of bugs while trying to implement new feature. They really need to hire some really good project manager, project implementation lead to manage their project.

Like xeno. Or me lol. Ill tell a secret. Recently I added a whole new weapon type, model and texture and the game functioned properly. Did the same with a class. But the skill tab crashes the client... just let them tweak it around some. It'll be fine

#29 SirSlayer

SirSlayer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1638 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:57 AM

Here is A hardware update

Also the money transactions aren't always 100% either, read through the different sections some people cant get them to work for a while either, now the IM points to items seem to do fine at least i haven't seen anything about someone not getting those yet...

That is what I was looking for "hardware" update haha. So not computer techy anymore, well... never really was.

Also, your argument just further proves the instability of the systems within this company. While it may counter affect the things I am saying in some cases, it still only proves that more of the system is broken. I'm not saying we should have a perfect system, nothing is perfect. But if it isn't one thing, it is another. Also of course it is never just one consistent things, if something is broken, two other things are usually getting broken or still broken as well, once one thing is fixed another thing goes down. I can list examples if someone would like to hear.

#30 maldini

maldini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1675 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 03:20 PM

Oh well after months of being on here i'm used to every complain thread having doom scenarios lol.
Misunderstood something somewhere very likely, people always seem to be complaining and saying it's bad all the time anyway.

months? ok.. can fully understand why u said so... u haven't seen/experience the so called better version of rose...
most of us here for years since irose time. thats why we are comparing those good old time vs current state.

#31 OperatingSystem

OperatingSystem

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 118 posts
  • LocationWashington, US

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:01 PM

I agree maldini. People think the worst, cause they have been here long enough to know what can and will happen.

#32 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:50 PM

True. But the good rose won't be returning anytime soon.

#33 OperatingSystem

OperatingSystem

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 118 posts
  • LocationWashington, US

Posted 26 March 2012 - 10:20 PM

True that too.

#34 SirSlayer

SirSlayer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1638 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 March 2012 - 10:25 PM

True. But the good rose won't be returning anytime soon.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the old/good ROSE will never be returning. I think that is what their goal here is to be honest, to rid the old style of ROSE. Think about it, all old costumes that they can bring back, they have been...awhile back FAITH items AND some other items were rare, now pretty much ONLY FAITH items are rare. I wouldn't be surprised if they wiped FAITH items from the game at some point too, since they can reproduce it.

#35 OperatingSystem

OperatingSystem

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 118 posts
  • LocationWashington, US

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:19 PM

It's like many games... their intentions are good.. then there comes a point where the game starts to fall. Then they need income somehow cause people are leaving, so they over load IM with stuff that people think is "NEW", but it's really just the same stuff with either, minor tweaks, such as stats, or model, and then they just re-skin it to another color or design and people buy it.

#36 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:34 AM

months? ok.. can fully understand why u said so... u haven't seen/experience the so called better version of rose...
most of us here for years since irose time. thats why we are comparing those good old time vs current state.

It's only months i have been on the forums, i play rose since 2008 actually.
Don't fully remember everything from back then cause i've always been to casual and uncaring about things around, but it was more fun than now.

#37 KingsBane

KingsBane

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 07:42 AM

There intentions may be well meaning but there is a certain arrogant attitude that seeps in. Players know nothing staff have it all covered. They can deny it but we been pleading for various things for 6 years they just wander along doing their own thing. There is a list as long as my arm i could make of things to do or fix and i bet we all got a list , just glue all the suggestions together and u have a list a mile long. I forget half the stuff they started and never finished. Remember cg the money spent in im on tickets and skill to gain extra points now cg is useless been useless for 2 years have they done anything? Thats just one tiny example and every player has some examples. I supposed we are used to snail speed development but closing down aspects of the game that are at its core like friends list is stupid and shows the contempt they must have for us all.

#38 OperatingSystem

OperatingSystem

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 118 posts
  • LocationWashington, US

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:15 PM

It's ignorance like yours that feeds the people into believing the development team does nothing. You, and many others may have a long list of "things" to fix, but those things are most likely little imperfections that are very minor and can be fixed later. There are more important things at hand to deal with, and i'm pretty sure their working on it. I couldn't say exactly what their working on because I do not work for them, but, they can. Until they say that their ignoring your request, or that what you've requested will never be implemented, just assume that it's on a very long list of their own of things that need to be accomplished.

#39 SirSlayer

SirSlayer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1638 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:28 PM

It's ignorance like yours that feeds the people into believing the development team does nothing. You, and many others may have a long list of "things" to fix, but those things are most likely little imperfections that are very minor and can be fixed later. There are more important things at hand to deal with, and i'm pretty sure their working on it. I couldn't say exactly what their working on because I do not work for them, but, they can. Until they say that their ignoring your request, or that what you've requested will never be implemented, just assume that it's on a very long list of their own of things that need to be accomplished.

You make me laugh and you obviously show you do not play this game like others do, or even as long as others have. For one, how do you know these developers are doing anything? How do you know they aren't mainly caring about another game that is making more profits and putting this game off because its dieing to the point where it might eventually be gone(MY DOOMSDAY SCENARIO LOL). You know that just as much as I do not know they could be working hard at this game. The thing is, if they are working very hard at this game...I feel sad for them. I really do. To us these things we are bickering about aren't little things. CG costs 2Billion in zulie, and it is a novelty item...another one. ANOTHER thing that just is in the game and serves NO REAL PURPOSE. Just like no more clan wars. Just like on the clan page it says allies, and there its just there, its pointless. Or like the fact that the ENTIRE system went down 2 times yesterday, maybe I missed it but I didnt see an explanation for it. The qpid book that people farmed FOR A MONTH FOR, and most people didn't get, DIDNT ORIGINALLY WORK when we got it, oh and it is BROKEN AGAIN! Maybe the fact we hear all about this skill balancing and it is coming with the new game arena....<<< that is our only hope left. If the game arena is a fail, guaranteed....goodbye ROSE. When you hit 220, whether you are a pve player that takes you forever, or your a fast lvler who just wants to get to 220 to pk everyone, the end result is...when you hit 220 there is nothing left to do except socialize. Union Wars is full of leechers, and its MAYBE once a day that you get a good war, and even that war is half a**ed. When you level you are struggling with constant botters to get a good spot. << which is actually becoming easier because the game is dieing. Community system down, god knows when that will come back up. This is a multiplayer game, and you take down one of the most friendliest ways of communicating with your friends in the game. smh

Should I keep going with the list?

Let me point out a very funny fact here. They have all these problems, and always say they are working on Game Arena and more important things. But isn't one of the FIRST main goals of a developer is to get rid of glitches, and visual glitches(which visually this game is retarded with visual glitches constantly) before implementing an ENTIRE new game system(arena)? The little stuff does matter when it all compiles to be one big-_- storm of things.

Edited by SirSlayer, 27 March 2012 - 01:29 PM.

#40 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:31 PM

Now, we can clearly see they want to work on this game, seeing Calanor post a topic about that they are hiring developers for rose. (straightforwardness off)

Edited by jerremy, 27 March 2012 - 01:31 PM.

#41 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:32 PM

I've actually been putting a list of things together in some part of the forums it's about three posts long with I think the last count was 50 some bugs I've noted and found multiple accounts of, I haven't looked at it lately due to other things going on but just a heads up that there is one~

P.S. they have commented on a few on them being completed but just not added to the patch notes, so just because you don't hear about it being fixed doesn't mean that it isn't fixed.
P.P.S. I think over the weekend someone did find the issue with the party bug (dc/crash and you can't log in for like 5 mins or until you get removed from your party), but that's for someone else to confirm or deny~

#42 Calanor

Calanor

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 2474 posts
  • LocationBetween 2 Rainbows

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:34 PM

If this thread continues to be a pissing contest on who is the smartest, I will locked it and any other discussions on this topic, your all losing focus on this and ignoring what is being said.

We have stated this a number of times, and if you read and care then take it for what it is.

The Friends List was removed to prevent the stability of the game servers to be compromised, how quickly we forget how bad it was a few months ago.
The Friends List will be added back when we have the stability concerns fixed and can bring it back to the live service, sorry but if it was a quick fix it would have just been fixed.

To those arguing about how its been there since the launch, all I can tell you is that code keeps being added and changed and it may have been something we added, but from what we have seen it was a user or users attempt to perform an exploit that has been with us but not abused all this time. So to prevent the servers from going down we removed the Friends List visual updates so we can address the stability issues as a whole without having you all suffer through the game going up and down every day.

#43 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:35 PM

Oh and just an FYI for sits layer only Genesis is working on the game arena/crystal defenders.

#44 OperatingSystem

OperatingSystem

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 118 posts
  • LocationWashington, US

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:40 PM

Thanks Calanor. I must also mention, and have told Genesis, that there are 2 additional ways to currently take down one of the game servers, but never got a response back from him. I do know he read the message though.

#45 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 07:33 PM

Thanks Calanor. I must also mention, and have told Genesis, that there are 2 additional ways to currently take down one of the game servers, but never got a response back from him. I do know he read the message though.

One of those two were corrected in today's update.

#46 OperatingSystem

OperatingSystem

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 118 posts
  • LocationWashington, US

Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:57 AM

Glad to hear it. I'll message you again if I happen to accidently stumble on something again.

#47 DestinyDeoxys

DestinyDeoxys

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1588 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:51 AM

*Wonders if friend list will get fixed this week, since 1 month has passed already* :lol:

#48 Calanor

Calanor

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 2474 posts
  • LocationBetween 2 Rainbows

Posted 02 April 2012 - 11:13 AM

*Wonders if friend list will get fixed this week, since 1 month has passed already* :lol:

No, the time that has passed is only relevant with regards to what other projects in front of it have more priority.
The Friends List is POST skill changes.

#49 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 April 2012 - 03:40 PM

I don't know if that is good or bad anymore.

#50 SirSlayer

SirSlayer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1638 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 April 2012 - 03:53 PM

No, the time that has passed is only relevant with regards to what other projects in front of it have more priority.
The Friends List is POST skill changes.

Here is a good question. Where in your business sense, do you think it is better to add an entire new system to something that needs other fixings first? Isn't the idea to fix, THEN move on? Where would skill changes be more important then implenting back one of the most important aspects of this game....communication. Yes, you can use the excuse of all chat, clan chat, chatrooms, and whisper, but the one on one friends list guaranteed if you ask anyone here, is our most reliant way of communicating with each other. I get the fact that you guys are excited about this new "game arena", and we all are. But in any industry, whether it be gaming or whatever, you always fix the problems before moving on.... at least that is what I always learned with business ethic. The game arena is important, but clearly not as important as friends list. You have multiple people complaining about this what seems to be all the time, but you can barely get people to play on Pegasus for testing of your new game arena. Hmmm, seems like your community wants other things first. I really AM excited for this skill changes and game arena, etc. But I think you should fix the normal of this game first, THAN add new content.

It just seems like what you are doing is completely backwards and doesn't make sense. Just fix the things we already have and want back, then give us new stuff. Could it really hold back the new skill changes and game arena that long... if you focused on the friends list? Like I already said, it doesn't seem like most are too caring/worried about the game arena anyways, or at least enough to even get on Pegasus and sign up for the games to test :/. Sorry for the hard truth, but that is what it is.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users