#1 Panayis

Panayis

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:23 AM

I have been going back and forth on whether to make a RG or RK and decided to go rune knight, my first question is can I achieve this with either a Paladin or a Lord Knight, or do I have to pick a specific one? The second is more a question of opinion, but what stats and skills would anyone recommend to make a Rune Knight with a Dragon Breath focus. And the last question really highlights my ignorance, how exactly do the runes work in relation to using the rune knights skills, is SP still used or should I not concentrate on building SP? Thank you in advance to anyone who can help, I really appreciate it!!!

#2 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 23 March 2012 - 04:45 PM

A lot of your questions are answered in the "Rune Knight Build" thread and links --> http://forums.warppo...t-build-guides/

You must be a Lord Knight in order to become a Rune Knight. In fact, once you choose to become a knight, after rebirth, you can only become a Lord Knight and cannot become a paladin. So your path is already chosen once you choose to either become a Knight or Crusader.

Take a look at the build guides in the thread for your stats and skills. You will probably want 90+ int for a Dragon Breath build. Most people tend to use runes for PVP/WoE only due to how rare elder branches are.

#3 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 23 March 2012 - 05:37 PM

Pure DB build is vit/int/dex. It's my opinion that this is not an ideal build choice, because it can _ONLY_ db, and the scariest RK skill in WoE/PVP (crush strike) requires strength.

Most people do an HS/DB build, which is str/vit/dex, with some int, and optionally a bit of agi (for masq resist) or luk (general principles), using dragon breath as AoE, Hundred Spear for single target damage and crush strike in pvp/woe if HS doesn't get the job done. A good base is 100+ str 100+ vit 100+ dex and the rest distributed as you see fit.

The key gear that you will need to save up for to address the SP problem is a rideword hat, preferably +9. It lets you get back some of the damage you do as SP, and with large AoE skills, it will completely supply your SP usage, as long as you have enough max SP to get you through the time between RWH procs (I often had to carry SP items to get by during runs of bad luck). If you need to, you can always run Urj runestones - they help alot with SP, and are a damn bit cheaper than SP items.

The way the runes work:

You learn the skill Rune Mastery.

You gather the items for runes (generally via buy shop), and use a rough runestone, and you get presented with a list of runes you can try to create. Crafting success depends on level, dex, and luk, but the dependence on stats isn't big enough to justify putting stat points into those stats for that purpose alone).

There are 9 runes. See the list on the wiki - most are meant for PVP/WoE, both because of the expense, and because of what they do. Hagalas/Stoneskin for freeze+stone immunity (which matters only in woe), Nosiege/Refresh to cure status effects (again, woe focused), Verkana/Millenium Shield (blocks 2-4 hits - blocking a few hits doesn't matter in pvm, where most hits don't really hurt, but in WoE vs a sura that will 1-shot you, much more useful), etc. Rhydo/Crush strike is truly terrifying - I 1-shot RK's and RG's with it in woe... For PVM, the options are considerably less interesting - Urj (adds SP regen) was the only one I ever used in pvm.

#4 Panayis

Panayis

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 24 March 2012 - 04:55 AM

kasshin, Thank you very much for the link, and DrAzzy that was incredibly helpful thank you both!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users