Discuss Lack of Balance Patch Feedback - Page 7 - 14.1 and Skill Balance update feedback - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Discuss Lack of Balance Patch Feedback

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
195 replies to this topic

#151 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:59 PM

I mean even on my GX i'd spam backslide away. So hard!

#152 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:12 PM

flying kick should put you the cell adjacent to someone not on the same cell. being on the same cell is a pandora's box to skill abuse when combined with other stuff.

#153 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:17 PM

^ that is true - I've always hated that about flying kick. (snap can do it too)

#154 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:45 PM

I still want that JRO patch that ignores fixed cast time on many nub skills. Most of them are already caped out because of their damage formulas don't consider level, unlike most 3rd class skills.
Gimmie my insta sac, ME, SG...blah blah

#155 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 26 March 2012 - 03:11 PM

at least sorcs have a reasonable way to get instant cast on skills like dispel, ME

rgs do not have any practical means to get that on sac

#156 aznversaiboi

aznversaiboi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 04:42 PM

100 - {[(VIT + LUK) / 240] * [skill chance mod. 50 for dazzler, 70 for hammerfall, 95 for hammerfall with +10 bradium stonehammer...]%}

So easy to calculate this. If 1 is not enough, make it two. Howling is two stats, why not others?

Also, if you don't want to get 120 in two stats, go buy Orc Hero card. It's a MVP card for a certain reason.

Song of Destruction removes all performing buffs. And there is Clearance too. Give more work to the bishops, haha. Any problem, add Harmonize in one of the laudas.

You are crazy. Are you saying +35% aspd and +50 atk is overpowered? A Blacksmith can get 30% aspd and 25% atk with a second class skill. 25% full attack for a smith is way more than 50 for any other class. Oh. And Striking, it gives 150 atk in average. On a class which is not even a buffer.

This is clearly a bug. Unlike you, I was on the sakray testing. Base INT gives immunity to Deep Sleep Lullaby [not the status, but the performer skill. I was too lazy to make a sorcerer to test if it affects Arullo too]. I said "remove it, or change it to luk/agi". The status resistance to deep must be costly. 100 agi on a sorc or 100 luk on a sura can be too costly to them, unlike int, which almost everyone except GX and Ranger can 100 it.

The duration bug and the int immunity to the status exist, just go test. Nothing with over 100 INT will EVER sleep to you.

Also, normal sleep immunity is AGI, if you don't know either. So yes, Deep Sleep with AGI makes total sense.

Big posts are one thing, and they happen. But forcing your post big by using higher font size is stupid.

Wait, are you here just to argue with me? After all this complaints, you come and agree with the highest points of the writing. You know I am right, just are lying to yourself to say it's wrong. Topics on the sakray area said to buff the immunity status to either 130 or 140.

First off, if you noticed, if a wanderer and a maestro went one on one, and the wanderer gets Harmonized, how will the wanderer herself remove it. I'm talking One on One. Its bad enough that, maestros have a solo target debuffing skill, and wanderers don't. Its really uneven right there. Sure Clearance can move it, IF your with an AB. Most of the time during woe, performers don't die first because of Sirens Voice, and normally the AB dies. So if a maestros Harmonizes me, not only do i have no way to counter it, but i would be stuck with that debuff. Not all guilds/parties have more then one performers to use Song of Destruction. Also, what performer do you know have that skill? If I recall, you and your wife, Angelyne don't even have Song of Destruction your selves. Why would we performers waste skill points for a skill that requires another performer in party, not always successful, and a skill that performers would ONLY use to remove that one debuff placed on you. There's already two types of Songs for performers categorized, one for normal one performer buffs, and a chorus buff. If they were to separate the wanderers and maestros buff to two different types of buffs, and one for chorus, then there would be 3 types of buffs. In all cases, how would we cancel out the buffs or status of the 3 different types. Dispel dont even remove Swing dance, so i doubt it removes Harmonize or Windmill. Honestly, sure we need to be powerful but not OP.

Once again with Deep Sleep Lullaby. DEEP SLEEP IS not suppose to be LIKE SLEEP. There's a difference. One says DEEP and one just say Sleeps. Why should we make Agi a way for immunity? You say you want it to be "costly". COSTLY IS an OPINION WORD. Varies of stats are costly for different classes. If we do it your way, then GXES and Rangers would have immunity to Deep Sleep. I honestly prefer suras being immuned to DSL then Rangers and Gxes. Im reading your mind and this is what im getting. ---->Here is what you want for DSL. You want DSL to affects suras and the strong killer classes, so you can be useful, right? THIS IS WHERE YOU ARE BEING SELFISH. I agree with you for the removing immunity to Deep Sleep. But I dont agree with you saying that we need 120luck and agi for immunity to DSL. Its stupid. Your better off with no Immunity.

Immunity to Stunning. Orc Hero card is supposed to be VALUEABLE. Your right about that, but why should two stats have to be 120 for immunity for stunning? Stunning is apart of most 2nd CLASS SKILLS and is a NORMAL STATUS. This isnt like a 3rd class status. Howling is a what? If you dont know what it is, HOWLING is a 3rd class status. How did you bring Howling up with Stunning. If we make 2vit=1% to stun then there will be ways EVERYONE can get immunity. There should be ways to get immunity to stunning for 2nd class people, which IS stats and gears. If i was a 2nd class, I can gain immunity to stunning by getting 99Vit,Gemini Card, and Static Golem card. In other words, i would have 49%+30+20 which rounds and tally up to 99% immunity to Stunning. With Gemini Card, some classes can keep their stats of AGI and still be given a way for immunity to STUNNING.

<please keep the hate to PMs, if I have to edit another post this long its going away period>

Edited by Inubashiri, 26 March 2012 - 06:31 PM.

#157 Tenshi143

Tenshi143

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 347 posts
  • Server:valkyrie

Posted 26 March 2012 - 04:53 PM

So sad. :sob: I really don't want to do this, but my eyes bleed when I see "your" and "you're" not properly used. Sorry ._. I shouldn't have done this xD

And yes I agree with one person. "This game will never be balanced"

#158 WinterGirl

WinterGirl

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 339 posts
  • Locationbelow the cherry blossom tree c:
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 26 March 2012 - 04:56 PM

So sad. :sob: I really don't want to do this, but my eyes bleed when I see "your" and "you're" not properly used. Sorry ._. I shouldn't have done this xD

You sir, just made my day.

#159 Tenshi143

Tenshi143

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:09 PM

You sir, just made my day.

And you missy, just made mine :p_smile: Now make me a sandwich. jk. xDD

#160 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:09 PM

[hold on, writing]

Nobody is wrong. It's personal reasons vs personal reasons. Both opinions are right, until you started using personal attacks as excuse to say you are right. If you want to talk, at least criticize the opinion, not the owner like you did since my first reply.

I won't waste my fingers arguing with you no more because you are just wanting to flame me. I prefer discussing with the rest of the topic, and share reasonable opinions of why yes or why not, instead of some trolling.

Edited by asayuu, 26 March 2012 - 05:21 PM.

#161 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:13 PM

Completely agree with all of the above. But at least we can pull some more classes off the
"Give zero -_-s if they are present list."

Even RKs and RGs are close to becoming members of this group thanks to rangers killing so fast people feel like they don't need tanks anymore.

#162 Tenshi143

Tenshi143

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:18 PM

Completely agree with all of the above. But at least we can pull some more classes off the
"Give zero -_-s if they are present list."

Even RKs and RGs are close to becoming members of this group thanks to rangers killing so fast people feel like they don't need tanks anymore.

LOOOL @ "Give zero s h i t s if they are present list."

Yeah... ._. sad. I can't even find a party for my GX. The only time I can find a decent party, is when I put up a chat that says "R> GWING PARTY" then rangers and ABs just magically pop out of nowhere -_- sad.

#163 WinterGirl

WinterGirl

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:27 PM

LOOOL @ "Give zero s h i t s if they are present list."

Yeah... ._. sad. I can't even find a party for my GX. The only time I can find a decent party, is when I put up a chat that says "R> GWING PARTY" then rangers and ABs just magically pop out of nowhere -_- sad.

D'awww :p_devil: I want a free ride on a gwing party too :p_devil: I bet everyone is like that XD :p_laugh: . sorry can't help it :p_laugh:

#164 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:30 PM

Hahaha, now it's like that.

If you are a non ranger, non sorcerer, non AB class, you have to lead a gwing party and recruit random people to complete your quests.

#165 Tenshi143

Tenshi143

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:32 PM

Hahaha, now it's like that.

If you are a non ranger, non sorcerer, non AB class, you have to lead a gwing party and recruit random people to complete your quests.

:p_cry: I hate to say it.. I hate to say it!

But yes that is the case for me :p_ang:

I apologize for steering the "balance" topic. My apologies. ._.

Edited by Tenshi143, 26 March 2012 - 05:33 PM.

#166 WinterGirl

WinterGirl

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:37 PM

:p_cry: I hate to say it.. I hate to say it!

But yes that is the case for me :p_ang:

I apologize for steering the "balance" topic. My apologies. ._.

*pat* I'll give you some gwings if you want ;D anywaays yea balance topic! someone XD break what we started XD

#167 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:54 PM

It's part of the topic too. Balance is not only PVP, it's PVM too... the class difference is so big nowadays. No class in the game has comparable AOE damage to the ranger now maybe SD, but SD has the 5 mins cooldown, so the other classes are worthless to use.

I think rainstorm should be left untouched, and storm should get this damage buff, but not the aoe expansion the balance patch gave. Chaser did not needed the x2 SP cost in PVM either, as the only thing that should be fixed was the Fire Trap, also known as "omg I can solo like a boss".

Not sure how other classes would work better on PVM, just to bring more balance to the classes.

#168 Tenshi143

Tenshi143

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:01 PM

It's part of the topic too. Balance is not only PVP, it's PVM too... the class difference is so big nowadays. No class in the game has comparable AOE damage to the ranger now maybe SD, but SD has the 5 mins cooldown, so the other classes are worthless to use.

I think rainstorm should be left untouched, and storm should get this damage buff, but not the aoe expansion the balance patch gave. Chaser did not needed the x2 SP cost in PVM either, as the only thing that should be fixed was the Fire Trap, also known as "omg I can solo like a boss".

Not sure how other classes would work better on PVM, just to bring more balance to the classes.

I really have no idea whatsoever xD I only have a gx ._. and yes I'm not a pre-renewal player ( I just started :D) So I don't get much of what is being said here xD And yeah, my GX sucks in pvm. MINE not YOURS (referring to the people) so don't flame me. <.<

#169 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:25 PM

Guillotine Cross is fine. Back pre-balance patch, GX were mainly breakers and Soul Destroyer builds but since the number of people of Maya Purple holders have been increased, they need another way of killing people, thus the buff on Rolling Cutter and Cross Ripper Slasher. This was a decent balance move by kRO imo.

To be honest, Suras are indeed a great single target DPS and they are annoying with CC. However i think you guys are missing the real point, Suicidal Destruction became really overpowered, i mean come on, almost no cast time that can wipe a whole guild, the cooldown is really negible since there is guilds that have more than 2 SD mechs. Now if we are talking about balance, performer classes got owned, RKs are still annoying crowd control and bypass reductions and the change on frozen immunity made everything worst.

Basically things changed for the worst, nerfed classes got even more nerfed and OP classes remained OP, working as intended indeed

Suicidal Destruction IS BALANCED! If you get killed by that move, it means your recaller is just a noob for not seeing the Mechanic. It has 5 minute delay, and requires the Mech to exit and regrab the Mado to use it again, so why you guys QQing about it? Also, can't you use Hide from it? <_< Also having a Sorc use Soul Siphon really helps since the damage relies mostly on the Mechanic's current SP.

#170 aznversaiboi

aznversaiboi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:11 PM

[hold on, writing]

Nobody is wrong. It's personal reasons vs personal reasons. Both opinions are right, until you started using personal attacks as excuse to say you are right. If you want to talk, at least criticize the opinion, not the owner like you did since my first reply.

I won't waste my fingers arguing with you no more because you are just wanting to flame me. I prefer discussing with the rest of the topic, and share reasonable opinions of why yes or why not, instead of some trolling.

:P Wanted to apologize! Hehe prolly did get to personal xD! Sorry if i hurted you in anyways :D! Love ya Aiinsha :DDD

#171 FatherBob

FatherBob

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 426 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:29 PM

Suicidal Destruction IS BALANCED!

This. As much as it sucks to get taken out by this skill, it's preventable and there's ways to counter it. Plus, it's fun to have on your side.

#172 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:49 PM

Suicidal destruction is the only lulz mechanics get, unlike suras and genetics that are allowed many more lulz in WoE,
mechanics only get 12 per hour...not fair.

#173 Wiggles

Wiggles

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 844 posts
  • Server:Ymir (Retired)

Posted 26 March 2012 - 10:09 PM

Thread moved to another forum.

*watches it die*

#174 Riakuta

Riakuta

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNeed to Know
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:19 PM

Suicidal destruction is the only lulz mechanics get, unlike suras and genetics that are allowed many more lulz in WoE,
mechanics only get 12 per hour...not fair.

It makes for an awesome WoE video when you see a big guild with God Equipment get wiped out before they even have a chance to move :D.

#175 RennaSaintsworth

RennaSaintsworth

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1908 posts
  • LocationScarlet Devil Mansion

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:58 AM

I want Scientistic opinion about all of these :ani_slur:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users