April 3rd Maintenance - Page 2 - Ragnarok: Patch History - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

April 3rd Maintenance

• Please log in to reply
254 replies to this topic

#26 LuxiLux

LuxiLux

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 02:15 PM

It isn't about how hard it is, it's about how a very large portion of players actually don't use external websites to check for stuff. Even when it comes to checking on official forums and or even the main website(which half of that stuff is wrong anyway). yes, the hardcore probably have like 4-5 Ragnarok specific Bookmarks. And those players get ahead since they have more knowledge. But alot of players fall into the "Casual" spot rather than even "Above average".

And even if we say a player in game can look at the stores. Its' not like Prontera or Eden has an NPC that sells all NPC equips. You have to go to certain cities to get certain weapons. Morroc doesnt sell spears, Prontera doesnt sell high level wands. You go to Alberta for high level axes. So your essentially asking a player to check every NPC shop just to see if the Mimic will eat their weapon. And thats assuming the player even knows that certain shops only sell certain items.

Gonna have to call BS on your post here bro. I find it utterly false that a large portion of players in this game don't use external websites. The most common advice in this game you can get is go to irowiki.org or RMS.

It's also stupid to check every shop in-game when you can use a website that has a database of NPC vendors. This sounds more like a personal problem instead of a design problem.

Edited by LuxiLux, 30 March 2012 - 02:16 PM.

#27 Outix

Outix

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 02:32 PM

Remember this is a teaser for next Maint. and the 2x exp is untill this next maint.

No they took out double exp... im asking why it says that they will be taking out double exp again next patch

Come on it isn't to hard to check if something is a monster only or not drop before you upgrade something.

No it isn't hard but the fact is that on the prev patch notes they took out double exp and here it says they're taking it out again. I'm asking why. You try check that in game

#28 Tetsamaru

Tetsamaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1458 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 30 March 2012 - 02:35 PM

No they took out double exp... im asking why it says that they will be taking out double exp again next patch

and they put double exp back in. Hence why it says Double exp will be taken out. Which i'm sure you've seen the other 3-4 threads all asking about the double exp they just put back in.

Edited by Tetsamaru, 30 March 2012 - 02:37 PM.

#29 Droyd

Droyd

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 872 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 30 March 2012 - 04:17 PM

Make Gear Eating Mime give more certs.

#30 balong

balong

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:08 PM

HEllo HEIM,
Boxter in right?,As what you said April lolz,and last but not the least my dragon helm for recycle.thank you

#31 XIII_Eraser

XIII_Eraser

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1448 posts
  • LocationBehind You
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:09 PM

Any news on summoner and maybe LHZ dun 04?

#32 Froggems

Froggems

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 327 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 31 March 2012 - 12:15 AM

huh, neat. I'm on 18 for daily quen, only two more to get a good thing.

.....watch me forget and only get to 19.

#33 Nine

Nine

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 280 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 31 March 2012 - 12:45 AM

Just a heads up.

• Clash of the Titans event will continue (Gramps Turnins)
  • Eat Gear will start to ONLY take gear that is not sold via NPC. So if you have high upgrade NPC gear eat it NOW.

April Fools?

#34 falkenjeff

falkenjeff

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 448 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada
  • Server:"Valkyrie, prepared."

Posted 31 March 2012 - 07:43 AM

Although it would also be a pain for the Eat gear npc to tell you every armor and weapon it can eat. So perhaps an option should be put in so you can show the Eat Gear NPC a random equip(doesnt have to be upgraded) and you could get something like

"The Mimic looks at your +0 Cotton Shirt [0] with a disgusted face. It doesnt look like he will eat this even you did upgrade it"

This wouldn't even be hard to do. You would just copy the code from the option where he actually eats the gear, except delete the parts where he deletes your item and delete the part where he gives the reward, and add a different message.

I mean, he's already going to check your gear to see if it's an NPC gear before he eats it. You just need an option for him to check it without checking the refine level and without actually eating it.

People, please stop complaining.

Heim, please do this.

Ctrl+c, ctrl+v, 30 seconds of code modification, done.

#35 iDanii

iDanii

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • LocationColombia
  • Server:Valkyrie ~ Classic

Posted 31 March 2012 - 07:44 AM

Can you also look at the GX job change in Valk server, the part where you talk to the NPC one south of Rachel to be warped. The quest seems broken and not allowing anyone to proceed.

do you wanna do something? we already lost the 2x event.

#36 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 31 March 2012 - 07:55 AM

Just a heads up.

• Alchemist Lists reset
  • Clash of the Titans event will continue (Gramps Turnins)
  • Eat Gear will start to ONLY take gear that is not sold via NPC. So if you have high upgrade NPC gear eat it NOW.

1. Again? Didn't we have an alchemist reset just 3 months ago??? <_<
2. I'm fine with this but can we go to TIs with gaps again and better rewarding monsters? Putting level 130 monsters for a TI that is also done by level 140s or higher is not really rewarding for those players. <_<
3. Some monsters drop NPC quality gear. How will you be able to distinguish those? (e.g. Raydrics dropping 3 slot Katanas, Dokebis dropping 3 slot Clubs, etc)

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 31 March 2012 - 07:55 AM.

#37 rednaxelagnik

rednaxelagnik

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 10:09 AM

I agree - can we have level gaps for next week's TIs? My reason is that I (and others) haven't been able to get a Manuk party all week because pretty much all of them were 135+ only. Sucks for us players a couple levels below because we're in range for the TI but can't actually do it. I just don't want to miss another week while actually being in range.

Also about eat gear, is there an easy way to search for equipment on one of the search engines (irowiki/ratemyserver) that allows you to search ones that are sold by NPCs? The only way I can think of is searching individual gears and seeing "sold by x in y town" at whatever coordinates. I recognize a lot of gears as being sold by NPCs mostly because they have one less slot and from experience, but with all the new towns, it's harder to tell what is NPC sellable or not without looking it up every time. I'm not totally concerned about it though because I'm sure people will start working on an iROwiki page for non-eatable gears.

#38 Ramen

Ramen

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1990 posts
  • LocationEientei

Posted 31 March 2012 - 10:44 AM

Probably one of the more reliable and easy places to hunt monster only gear that is also completely worthless is Niffleheim, since Disguise drop Ragamuffin Manteau at a fairly high rate. I had just been NPCing them, but maybe now I'll hang onto them and try to sell or upgrade them, lol.

#39 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 31 March 2012 - 12:28 PM

1. Again? Didn't we have an alchemist reset just 3 months ago??? <_<

that's what a quarter system is... the 2nd quarter typical starts beginning of april

#40 misushima

misushima

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 06:07 PM

that's what a quarter system is... the 2nd quarter typical starts beginning of april

Go No rinden Go :go: :thx:

#41 balong

balong

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 06:35 PM

Dear Heim,
This coming Easter holiday for sure there will be Egg lucky box again.could it be prize like groove pack crate with 1 free+10Safe.this is nice one.Lastly please do not forget the boxter As what you said.and the list to be recycle..thank you heim....Happy holiday in advance

#42 Helios0

Helios0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2425 posts
  • Server:Chaos (Yggdrasil☻RIP)

Posted 31 March 2012 - 06:46 PM

if he only takes non vendor gear now can we at least increase the odds of success and maybe lower the requirement of +8 to like +7? back again?

#43 monica12314

monica12314

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 373 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 31 March 2012 - 07:56 PM

Could you make it at least make the rate of acquiring cert via eat gear npc higher?

and could you provide a better explanation of gears sold in npc gears , cause there are some gears that are the same as dropped by monsters

#44 FatherBob

FatherBob

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 426 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 01:47 AM

I mean, there's a rather significant section of players who don't even know the existence of places like db.irowiki.org. Not to mention it's kind of oddball to rely on an external site to proceed through such a thing anyway (RO relies on external sites a lot, but we should be finding ways to fix that problem, not exacerbate it).

Welcome to Ragnarok Online, the oddball MMO that could.

Sad thing is, this game has always relied on external sites to spread the information to the players. It just doesn't exist in game. Plus from a business standpoint, why pay someone to organize and establish the data on an official site when the user community is already doing it for free?

Edited by FatherBob, 01 April 2012 - 01:48 AM.

#45 D111

D111

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4543 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 01 April 2012 - 03:40 PM

Potion Making Party Wed Morning...QQ

#46 lordidain

lordidain

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • LocationUnites States Midwest
  • Server:Yrim to chaos

Posted 01 April 2012 - 06:04 PM

heres a little trick I use. Lets say i found a um... katar [2]. so i go to google and type in "iro katar [2]"

and one that pops up that looks like this
Katar / Katar :: Weapon :: Katar - RO Item

this site is called rate my server. best site ever for RO
now. lets say i found a club [3] from a dokebi "boredom kill" type in google club [3] and youl find

Club / Club :: Weapon :: Mace - RO Item

this one gives you a list of venders you can buy it from
>.< luv me.

-edit-
meh the links are not working but you get the idea.

Edited by lordidain, 01 April 2012 - 06:06 PM.

#47 falkenjeff

falkenjeff

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 448 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada
  • Server:"Valkyrie, prepared."

Posted 01 April 2012 - 07:56 PM

yeah, because you're not supposed to link to that site, and it's filtering your post

#48 Riakuta

Riakuta

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNeed to Know

Posted 01 April 2012 - 08:48 PM

Clash of the Titans is fun for lower levels ^^. Please keep it that way.

#49 Chris

Chris

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:24 AM

Reminder: Remove effects of 'Angel's Symbol' & 'Devil's Symbol' from that screwed up valentines quest.

#50 jeff19007

jeff19007

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1909 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 08:19 AM

is there any box event coming out?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users