Ymir Saturday WoE Vote - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

Ymir Saturday WoE Vote

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos - Animosity Leader

Posted 03 April 2012 - 05:29 PM

Was a poll ever put up for the multiple Saturday WoEs on Ymir? This crap sucks. =( So expensive. And my guild is doing full Saturday WoEs (both 1.0 and 2.0) and the server is freaking dead until the last 15 minutes.

#2 D111

D111

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4543 posts
  • LocationOrlando
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 03 April 2012 - 05:30 PM

Lamb, I actually Agree with you on this.

Very dead WoE 1.0 on Saturdays.

#3 Ultimate

Ultimate

Ultimate Event Inventor

• Members
  • 2915 posts
  • LocationValhalla Dwarf NPC

Posted 03 April 2012 - 05:39 PM

I pretend the WOE 1.0 doesnt even happen because to have to negotiate 2 hours MORE of video games before the regular 2 hours of video games would probably put my gf over the edge..

Edited by Ultimate, 03 April 2012 - 05:39 PM.

#4 Freedom

Freedom

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1630 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:00 PM

I still don't see the reason to have this woe still. they need to take it out. Split woe was fine, we dealt with it. It just sucks, please take it out.

#5 DeltaRay

DeltaRay

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1076 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:00 PM

LETS get some polls UP in this place paging heimdallr ;)

#6 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:20 PM

A poll was done for Valk and Ygg. Why not Ymir? I'm CERTAIN that over 80% of the server will vote against it.

1) It's too much Ragnarok
2) Nobody wants it (and if they do...it's like...3 people...and they aren't even WoEing right now anyways because my guild is the only guild on....)
3) We got it under the assumption that it would be MUCH easier to get supplies, but that's far from the case. If anything, WPS tokens are dropping lesser than ever.

#7 advoe

advoe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:22 PM

I do not appreciate all the WoE on Saturday. I liked how it was split between Wednesday & Saturday.

#8 D111

D111

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4543 posts
  • LocationOrlando
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:43 PM

I do not appreciate all the WoE on Saturday. I liked how it was split between Wednesday & Saturday.

Yep that was working fine, Or even how it was before the split would be better than this situation we currently have to deal with.

#9 lainee

lainee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 729 posts
  • LocationOceanic Eternity
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:04 PM

I still don't see the reason to have this woe still. they need to take it out.

Putting WoE1 back on Saturday was Heims DDoS mitigation solution. Basically they were unable to deal with the DDoS attacks, so they caved in to the people that were doing it (who wanted WoE1 on Ymir on the weekend). That's why there has been no poll for Ymir and why they have been silent about it.

#10 Ardi

Ardi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:15 PM

Just do what the rest of us are doing... ignore 1.0 til the last 15 minutes then take a break, eat food, supply the rest of the guild and enjoy 2.0. Laniee had it right saying we are not going to get a vote. We have asked for one since it was announced.

#11 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:20 PM

There's no way that can be the reason. That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

If that's why... :bang:

#12 DeltaRay

DeltaRay

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1076 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:24 PM

HEY
AMERICA DOESNT NEGOTIATE WITH TERRORIST , NEITHER SHOULD GRAVITY
sorry for caps

#13 insane

insane

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:34 PM

asdf

#14 lainee

lainee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 729 posts
  • LocationOceanic Eternity

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:40 PM

There's no way that can be the reason. That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

• The DDoSing started right after Heim split the Ymir WoEs into Wednesday WoE1, Saturday WoE2. The timing of all the first DDoS attacks coincided with the start of Ymir WoE (for the first couple of weeks)
  • Heim then started a thread "lets talk about WoE" (or something) giving hope to the DDoSers that he would put WoE1 back on the weekends (to increase competition or some other bs reason) so the DDoSing waned a little for a week.
  • Nothing ever came of thread either way and Heim didn't bother to listen to anything that was suggested. DDoSing started again, this time targeting all three servers WoEs
  • Heim caves, re-implements Ymir WoE1 on a Saturday to placate this small group of players. DDoSing ceases. Ymir weekend WoE 1 becomes a bigger joke than ever

If that's why... :bang:

going on recent events, seems par for the course yes?

Edited by lainee, 03 April 2012 - 07:45 PM.

#15 Elementald

Elementald

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 234 posts
  • LocationProntera

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:41 PM

Down with WoE 1.0 on Saturday

#16 paultak

paultak

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:54 PM

I agree WoE 1.0 on Sat is just too much and excruciating...

#17 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:02 PM

Fine. We'll do the in-game poll like we did on Ygg.

#18 W2roper

W2roper

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:51 PM

Putting WoE1 back on Saturday was Heims DDoS mitigation solution. Basically they were unable to deal with the DDoS attacks, so they caved in to the people that were doing it (who wanted WoE1 on Ymir on the weekend). That's why there has been no poll for Ymir and why they have been silent about it.

That doesn't even make sense. Even if they got more woe time with lower server attendance, the top 7 guilds still take all the castles.

#19 razgrize

razgrize

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:58 PM

i agree with every one to put woe 1.0 on wed or put woe 1.0 on the same time as 2.0

#20 epikhigh

epikhigh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:16 PM

imo put the woe 1 back to woe 2 same time, that way it gives small guilds a chance to take castles if like example big guilds fighting each other woe 2 forts =)

#21 XIII_Eraser

XIII_Eraser

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1448 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 04 April 2012 - 05:13 AM

Maybe if you guys didn't auto pot as much having 2 woes in 1 day wouldn't be expensive :heh: but yea I agree 2 woes in 1 day sucks, why not just combine them?

#22 CocaCola

CocaCola

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1007 posts
  • LocationNE
  • Server:Classic

Posted 04 April 2012 - 05:52 AM

Maybe if you guys didn't auto pot as much having 2 woes in 1 day wouldn't be expensive :heh: but yea I agree 2 woes in 1 day sucks, why not just combine them?

lol

#23 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:04 AM

I don't even understand why a poll is needed, all that is needed is to LOOK at what happened on Ymir on those saturdays.

#24 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:45 AM

Fine. We'll do the in-game poll like we did on Ygg.

Can you explain the reasoning for the extra WoE in the first place?
I never got it.

#25 Dmentd

Dmentd

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 362 posts
  • LocationIn over my head

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:24 AM

Up front: I don't WoE. Never been my cup of tea; it's like fingernails on a blackboard to me. But I'm going to offer my opinion anyway, 'cause I got one. Kinda like that other thing everybody's got. If it went away entirely, I'd never miss it...BUT...I understand that it's the most, or only, important part of RO for a lot of people (including the Gravity staff, far as I can tell...OK, back on track.) Far as I can tell, the only important part of WoE is the last 15 minutes; that's where almost all the action is and where almost all of the castles get taken. Nothing before that counts for much, right? So...I can't for the life of me see why you can't keep 2 WoE's, but shorten them up to an hour apiece. Or even less. Seems like that would make everyone happy; WoE guildmasters would cut their supply requirements in half right off the bat; fans of the double WoE get to keep that; the time requirement is also split in half, so Ultimate and his ilk can keep their significant others happy (an important IRL consideration;) and I can't see any downside, but then, i'm not in the know. Enlighten me, please, those of you who are.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users