Ymir Saturday WoE Vote - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

Ymir Saturday WoE Vote

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#26 Niji

Niji

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2701 posts
  • Locationhell
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:classic!!

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:13 PM

i would have let them ddos the server into non existence before i gave in and put that woe back in in the first place.

#27 Easly

Easly

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1716 posts
  • Server:ymir/valk

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:26 PM

I'm sure that just about everyone on the server agrees that 2 woes on a SATURDAY is a -_- terrible idea i guess the fact that a majority of the people that play have lives outside of ro doesnt seem to register with the gms

#28 advoe

advoe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:41 PM

While two hours for WoE feels like a long time it can actually be beneficial(IMHO)...
-Not all the guild might be on at the beginning so it takes time to meet up and discuss plans
-Sometimes it takes a few beatings to get your head in the game
-Allows for any server issues to maybe fix themselves and give everyone a chance to login
-Having the two full hours allows you time to take back castles that get taken
-While castles are taken in the last 15 minutes, you may just find yourself better prepated after 1hr45min then if WoE was only like 30 minutes long
-Sometimes it is fun to just walk around castles for the first hour and test out ideas for killing people so that you know what to do in the last 15 minutes!

#29 lainee

lainee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 729 posts
  • LocationOceanic Eternity
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:12 PM

Far as I can tell, the only important part of WoE is the last 15 minutes; that's where almost all the action is and where almost all of the castles get taken. Nothing before that counts for much, right?

Wrong.

When WoE was working as intended, guilds are supposed to eco castles thus need to defend them for the full duration of WoE. Likewise, if trying to break a well defended Castle that can often take a full two hours to wear down the defenders.

It's only now a last 15 min deal, due to the lack of population on Ymir resulting in a bunch of empty castles, or castles being defended by a handful of people.

This is why Heim back at the end of January removed split Ymir WoE 1 and 2 at the same time on the weekend to increase the competition by having less available castles at one time. Too many castles, too few players.

For those keeping score, this is when the DDoSing started. As such Heim put back WoE1 on the weekend, but at an earlier time so the two WoE's were no longer held simultaneously, resulting in even less competition than before because none of the serious Ymir guilds really want to siege for four hours in one day (and when you take into the gap between WoEs and time for prep, this blows out to 6+ hours).

Edited by lainee, 04 April 2012 - 05:50 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users