Question to the WoE'ers...Guardians - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Question to the WoE'ers...Guardians

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valk

Posted 08 April 2012 - 08:17 AM

Well im here to ask all the WoE'ers a question. Before renwal the guardians (mostly in woe 2.0) were nerfed and did less damage to not one shot all the pre renwal players. Since renwal has come the guardians have stayed the same while the players have become much much more powerful. This has made having guardians inside castles pointless and useless. I think at this point we should have guardians (sword and bow) ugraded at least back to their old ways. It wont be too over powerful, but they will be able to tank more players as well as do some more damage. When a leader pays 10k per guardian they are basically wasting their money because most players now a days can just one shot any guardian they come across or just ignore them completely.

So my question to you guys is...Do you think guardians should be stronger during WoE time?

#2 simca437

simca437

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 684 posts
  • Server:valkyrie

Posted 08 April 2012 - 09:04 AM

+1

10k really??raise th price to ateast 150k before upgrading it!!

#3 StevieMac

StevieMac

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 08 April 2012 - 09:29 AM

At least the gaurdians keep weaker players out, so less people are capable of getting to the emperium if nobody is gaurding it.

#4 RennaSaintsworth

RennaSaintsworth

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1908 posts
  • LocationScarlet Devil Mansion
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 08 April 2012 - 09:29 AM

Make em stronger so WoE will be more fun :rice:

#5 HealingPalms

HealingPalms

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 784 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 09:32 AM

LOL anyone who cant tank a guardian in renewal shouldnt bother woeing lol as they wont do a thing, so it dont affect weaker players. But i agree make em stronger.

#6 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:59 AM

I'll ask Heim about it on Tuesday, the last time I asked if Guardian Stones could get an HP buff it happened so who knows. :3

#7 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 08 April 2012 - 02:46 PM

All guardians should be as strong as a Biolab monster AT LEAST! They should have a powerup move that triples their Hit and Attack power.

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 08 April 2012 - 02:47 PM.

#8 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 08 April 2012 - 02:51 PM

Its PVP not PVM get the guardians out completely.

Guardians shouldn't be there to do your dirty work if you are incapable of killing players yourself.

Edited by Scuba, 08 April 2012 - 02:52 PM.

#9 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:29 PM

I think it just adds an extra level to WoE.

Or... It would, if they didn't hit like wet noodles.

#10 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:50 PM

Guardians shouldn't be there to do your dirty work if you are incapable of killing players yourself.

They are "GUARD"ians. They are suppose to "guard" your castle, not give your enemies a free trip to the castle. That's exactly what they are doing right now.

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 08 April 2012 - 03:51 PM.

#11 FatherBob

FatherBob

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 426 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:50 PM

Don't over complicate things. Just bring the WoE guardians to 75% of the PvM versions. That ought to be enough to create a challenge (because those PvM versions SUCK to run into - people doing the high level TI will know what I mean).

#12 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 08 April 2012 - 04:39 PM

Guardians were created in the first place to guard the castles they were built in. Its a system that has been in place since RO started. Having strong guardians will weed out the weaker players (unskilled players). In pre-renwal i remember walking on the outer part of the castle, where archer guardians were, you would either have to tank them so others could pass, cloak past them, or have a priest pneuma walk you past them. It added a bit more challenge in woe...not just walk into a castle and break it mentality like it is now. Attacking a castle that is being defended should be harder since you do not have as much support as the players defending (kafra inside castle, guardians, flag ins, etc). Like in real life those who are defending should have a type of "home field advantage" that gives them a bit of an edge and forces the attacking team to think before just rushing in.

#13 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 06:43 PM

Flag in's, sniping ledges, and barricades are home field advantage enough. Why is weeding out unskilled players so challenging without guardians? Maybe if the castles were held by GMs it would make sense that they had powerful guardians defending the forts until they were taken over. Make them strong and it would turn into PvM, or do you not remember Eske? Or know how Kaite works now? Balancing guardians to be "just the right amount of strong" on their own would be impossible because 1 skill would make them far stronger than intended. It would be less complicated to leave them alone.

#14 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 08 April 2012 - 06:46 PM

Flag in's, sniping ledges, and barricades are home field advantage enough.

Those are not advantages at all..... Bring a couple of Warlocks and it won't matter where you're standing. :P

#15 Carp

Carp

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 06:55 PM

Those are not advantages at all..... Bring a couple of Warlocks and it won't matter where you're standing. :P

Lol.

#16 insane

insane

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 08:22 PM

its hard as is to break the emp 1v1, 1v2, 1v3, 2v2, etc. making the guardians the way it were will prolly make it impossible to reach the emp.

if this happen, i see all 2.0 at max def/eco

Edited by insane, 08 April 2012 - 08:24 PM.

#17 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 3287 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 08:26 PM

Guardians die way too fast, and don't do enough damage to drop me from 99% to 98% hp. I don't, however, want to fight monsters for 2 hours.

#18 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Loki Champ & Chaos RG

Posted 08 April 2012 - 09:22 PM

Guardians die way too fast, and don't do enough damage to drop me from 99% to 98% hp. I don't, however, want to fight monsters for 2 hours.

Funny seeing em dying in normal reflect dmg within 4 secs, they should be more painful than recent... /sigh

#19 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:04 PM

Flag in's, sniping ledges, and barricades are home field advantage enough. Why is weeding out unskilled players so challenging without guardians? Maybe if the castles were held by GMs it would make sense that they had powerful guardians defending the forts until they were taken over. Make them strong and it would turn into PvM, or do you not remember Eske? Or know how Kaite works now? Balancing guardians to be "just the right amount of strong" on their own would be impossible because 1 skill would make them far stronger than intended. It would be less complicated to leave them alone.

WoE is already less complicated. The reason the guardians got nerfed in the first place was to give the pre-renwal people a bit more freedom. Now that everyone has 10's of thousands of hp and can hit for over 10k damage why cant we put them back to the way they were? I mean, there are a ton more mvp cards out there now as well as god items. If you cant kill 1 guardian (there is at most 2 guardians per room and at most 3 archers outside) buffed up to normal standards in a group of 20+ guildmates...then you have problems. Plus WoE guardians dont use skills so really all you need is one high flee character and you can tank that guardian alone.

#20 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:55 PM

What is your point? What additional benefit or satisfaction do you get out of watching a guardian kill another player?

#21 Ramen

Ramen

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1990 posts
  • LocationEientei

Posted 08 April 2012 - 11:48 PM

I would have to agree. Guardians ought to be buffed. I also am of the opinion that they should be returned to their normal status as "guardian" class. If I'm not mistaken, they got changed to demi-human, and I think that ought to be corrected. Also, to address the concerns of Guardians getting eske'd like they did pre-renewal, I would submit the idea of simply not allowing "buff" type skills to work on them if that is possible, or perhaps make it so that es and ka skills don't work on them.

#22 Riakuta

Riakuta

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNeed to Know

Posted 08 April 2012 - 11:51 PM

I would have to agree. Guardians ought to be buffed. I also am of the opinion that they should be returned to their normal status as "guardian" class. If I'm not mistaken, they got changed to demi-human, and I think that ought to be corrected. Also, to address the concerns of Guardians getting eske'd like they did pre-renewal, I would submit the idea of simply not allowing "buff" type skills to work on them if that is possible, or perhaps make it so that es and ka skills don't work on them.

What is wrong with Eske it makes them interesting. Its also the only thing I can find to do with the skill in my spare time during WoE...

#23 nikhiljain

nikhiljain

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 11:57 PM

What is your point? What additional benefit or satisfaction do you get out of watching a guardian kill another player?

are you from human rights commission?

#24 JasRiddle

JasRiddle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:09 AM

Imagine guardians being able to use bleed!

#25 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:37 AM

The point is to bring back something that has always been in the game. Guardians were created (in game and in story) to protect the castles that surround the relm. How can they guard something when they hit like little bunnies.

Edited by CheddarJack, 09 April 2012 - 08:44 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users