Question to the WoE'ers...Guardians - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Question to the WoE'ers...Guardians

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#26 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:23 AM

When guardians were created they didn't do anything either.
So if we're going with your "older is always better" mentality they should be as weak as they were originally, when they were brought into the game.
Posted Image

If you want to kill hard guardians go here:
Posted Image

#27 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ
  • Server:Valk

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:51 AM

When guardians were created they didn't do anything either.
So if we're going with your "older is always better" mentality they should be as weak as they were originally, when they were brought into the game.

How can you say they didnt do anything? They could easily 2 shot trans characters (in 2.0) and in 1.0 they were enough to put some strain on the lower HP of the trans classes (when i started playing when valk server was created). Now we have a useless card to damage guardians and pointless guardians that roam the castles.

And the point is not to "fight guardians"...the point is to incorporate them back into the woe scene. And as you can see, you are in quite the minority in this view of yours.

Edited by CheddarJack, 09 April 2012 - 08:53 AM.

#28 LordVader

LordVader

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:41 AM

Guardians are weak as hell. Anyone that disagrees with that will just show their own ignorance on woe. When woe 2.0 arrived guardians were plenty strong and a major part of a defensive effort. There were ways to overcome it and the game went on.

Ragnarok went through the effort of making "renewal". However, when they introduced these new renewal mechanics they left major loop holes on things that never got updated to be on par with the new standards. Ex. Woe guardians, Battleground weapons, etc.

Will it get fixed? There is a slim chance they will do something about it. Yet be careful what you ask for, might come in the form of a woe guardian buff scroll through kafra shop. When cash shop gears like HBP outshine god items in the same class (looking at you Asprika), nothing they do should surprise you.

#29 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:33 AM

There are like 4 people in this thread who think guardians should be buffed. The rest are just saying that they're weak and people shouldn't die to them. I don't think you can comment on minority views with such a pathetic sample size. Guardians are obsolete and they would require constant scaling to keep up with character trends.

The biggest dynamic guardians added in pre-renewal was stacking 15 of them on the door with eske, then they were effective. Otherwise theyd just be left alone with a quick fiberlock. 1.0 guardians were never strong, never have been, probably never will be. I think I died to them once when I first started on a 70 wizard with 0 reductions. Watch any memorable WoE video, you will not see guardians in the fights at all.

If you want to weed out weak players, use arrow storm. I really don't see the point of powering up a monster to grief players with so many hard hitting skills in renewal already. If a person was going to die to a guardian (who can't even skill) they would die in one DB, AS, SD, RC, OB, DD, PW, CL, SG, Comet, TV, CR, GoH, KA, or SB. (acronym test, can you keep up?). Pre-renewal the list of hazards was much shorter. SG, EDP Grimtooth, Bomb, Gfist, SonicBlow; half of which are single target skills.

Typically I wouldn't spend time explaining things in a thread like this, but lately Gravity has been listening to ideas like these and blowing them way out of proportion. So stop it.

#30 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:02 AM

well that is your opinion and i have mine...just because you dont like mine doesnt mean its bad. It also doesnt mean its good either. Its up to everyone to find a common ground...

Opinions are like a$$ holes...everyone has one

#31 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:04 AM

Before this goes nuclear I'm going to say, you can express your opinions without putting that extra edge on it just to annoy someone. You can disagree but don't turn it into a sludge fest.

#32 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:33 AM

Those are not advantages at all..... Bring a couple of Warlocks and it won't matter where you're standing. :P

Did you summon me?

#33 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9327 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:48 AM

WoE 1.0 guardians need to be stronger. Those things don't attack 90% of the time and have lower attack rates and damage than 2.0. 2.0 Guardians can even see cloaked people.

#34 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:40 PM

guardians dont need to be these super powerful being that oneshot even the strongest player. They just need to be stronger than they are now. Or in the least see invisible players and have tons of HP. So for example (idk the actual stats so im just gonna make its up):

If a guardian currently 10k HP and does like 1k damage maybe they should upgrade it to like 100kHP and maybe like 5k damage (this is all before reducs and what not that a player might have)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users