Early Maintenance April 24th - Page 3 - Ragnarok: Patch History - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Early Maintenance April 24th

• Please log in to reply
300 replies to this topic

#51 Shiroi17

Shiroi17

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 875 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:29 PM

Can you please disable Hylozoist Card and Azoth from Turn In maps? People have been using those to grief other players by spawning strong monsters like Bio3 ones.

#52 ShadowAsh

ShadowAsh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:29 PM

Vendors really shouldn't be complaining about the no vending in eden. It really doesn't affect them. It affects the buyers. Since no one can vend there, all the shops will be somewhere else together. No discrimination. Buyers will go to where the shops are, so why are you bothered by not being able to vend /hmm

#53 Froggems

Froggems

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 327 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:32 PM

So how'd you figure out it was from a gold selling site that caused the problems?

Did the hacked accounts tickets sound something like this?

"Deer GMs,

U guiz suck, my acount got hax cuz when I gave my info 2 ur gold selling website and then they haxed my acount. Fix it now or I will sue u!"

In any case the only occasional sketchy site I go on isrenewal.playragnarok.com and that's only because its the first thing that pops up on google when I look for an item or monster. So ill probably end up changing my password just to be safe.

#54 Falcifer

Falcifer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 355 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:RE:Start

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:32 PM

That first pic looks very nice and orderly :3
I wish eden could've been like that, with the areas closer to gramps and the couches reserved for Recruiting and Looking For Party chat rooms. Its annoying seeing GR/B/S/A> crap in that area near gramps.

#55 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas
  • Server:Chaos when no Time Gaps

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:33 PM

Vending was on the ballot, not chats, more complaints on vending then chats.

Ragial is maintained outside of Gravity, vending is concentrated only in Eden and Pront (the bulk of it), having more cities would require the bot to warp there with zeny or be VIP. It is an aco bot and can do warp portal but the towns would be limited.

What pros and cons do you speak of? It was discussed for a while on the forums in many topics.

I know where the vending vote was after all I said I voted didn't I? I didn't think it was done on the chats what I meant is that it should have been discussed in the forum prior to it being put up for a vote that way the true issue could have been identified & clarified prior to any voting being done. Then the appropriate voting options could have been provided for. Such as what I have been talking about.

True there are many topics discussed on the forum but like I originally said without ever having seen anything that said this NPC was being added to take this vote or knowing how long it was even there for it would be even more difficult for me to keep up with every forum topic discussed if it isn't put in the news on the website or maintenance, to make me or others aware of it.

It's impossible for me to read every new thread each day ;)

#56 jcrocs

jcrocs

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:36 PM

what if i haven't been been to any sites for zeny selling, or used a bot, should i still change my PW?

#57 swildturkey

swildturkey

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 78 posts
  • LocationSomewhere Over the Rainbow
  • Server:iRO

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:36 PM

If your talking about Prontera it will be more like the 2nd. I don't know where you've seen the 1st one at & who the heck wants to browse around & shop through 100's of thousands of peoples shops?

They don't that's the whole point of Ragail or Bargain Hunters Catalog, so you can look up who has what you want.

Now who's the one being close minded and not considering what others do? Just because you don't doesn't mean no one else does. I do that when I am bored and I know a lot others that does too. And following your train of thought of using Ragial all the time, then what does it even matter where to park your vend. They'll just look it up and go there if they want to buy it.

#58 Falcifer

Falcifer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 355 posts
  • Server:RE:Start

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:37 PM

Probably, just to be safe. I know someone who's alt was completely stripped (eden gear gone too o.O), who didn't buy zeny or anything

#59 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:40 PM

Vendors really shouldn't be complaining about the no vending in eden. It really doesn't affect them. It affects the buyers. Since no one can vend there, all the shops will be somewhere else together. No discrimination. Buyers will go to where the shops are, so why are you bothered by not being able to vend /hmm

Sorry you feel that way but it does effect me. Maybe if more vendors had taken the time to say something if they had known to this wouldn't be happening.

I agree with what you said though & all they are going to do is create a new problem someplace else or make the existing issue in Prontera worse then it is.

#60 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:44 PM

Sorry you feel that way but it does effect me. Maybe if more vendors had taken the time to say something if they had known to this wouldn't be happening.

I agree with what you said though & all they are going to do is create a new problem someplace else or make the existing issue in Prontera worse then it is.

People have been vending in Prontera since the dawn of RO 10 years ago, its never been a problem. The problem with Eden is that Vends out number chats making it difficult to click NPCs let alone move around in an easy fashion.

#61 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:45 PM

so if we've never...

bought gold..
used a power leveling service...
botted...
gone to a suspicious ro website...
shared information...

then theres no reason to worry?

if so then koo im good

of course back in the day.. doing any of those would get you insta banned so its more their own fault really

I miss old Gravity. We really need to start permabanning all these botters/zeny buyers/power levelers without remorse. Like, PREVENTING THEM FROM LOGGING TO RO......FOREVER if found guilty, not give them a temporary 3 day ban. What good does it do? Like NOTHING! <_<

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 23 April 2012 - 04:46 PM.

#62 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:50 PM

I miss old Gravity. We really need to start permabanning all these botters/zeny buyers/power levelers without remorse. Like, PREVENTING THEM FROM LOGGING TO RO......FOREVER if found guilty, not give them a temporary 3 day ban. What good does it do? Like NOTHING! <_<

They are banned FOREVER, all they have to do is change their spoofed IP, create a new WP account, make new accounts and done. Bots are never 3 day banned. Zeny buyers as far as I know get a complete item wipe from the zeny the bought to use as well as zeny wipe the first time, if its a repeat, its a perma ban. Power levelers is a new service on me tbh.

#63 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:54 PM

I know where the vending vote was after all I said I voted didn't I? I didn't think it was done on the chats what I meant is that it should have been discussed in the forum prior to it being put up for a vote that way the true issue could have been identified & clarified prior to any voting being done. Then the appropriate voting options could have been provided for. Such as what I have been talking about.

True there are many topics discussed on the forum but like I originally said without ever having seen anything that said this NPC was being added to take this vote or knowing how long it was even there for it would be even more difficult for me to keep up with every forum topic discussed if it isn't put in the news on the website or maintenance, to make me or others aware of it.

It's impossible for me to read every new thread each day ;)

http://forums.warppo...pen-shops-eden/

Now hop into your delorean and go take part in the discussion.

#64 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:59 PM

i want a delorean

#65 Niji

Niji

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2701 posts
  • Locationhell
  • Server:classic!!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:59 PM

People have been vending in Prontera since the dawn of RO 10 years ago, its never been a problem. The problem with Eden is that Vends out number chats making it difficult to click NPCs let alone move around in an easy fashion.

i have to agree ppl have been vending in pront forever on all the servers i really don't see the problem with vending there now. i think vendors should have been kicked off both floors of eden.

#66 MotherOneDog

MotherOneDog

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2093 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:01 PM

Why dontcha implement a Vending Map of some sort where people can just go into for the sole purpose of Buying/Selling? I'd definitely be bumming around in there 50% of the time if that ever happened :o

EDIT: You could call it The Marketplace :D Always loved games with marketplaces. It's just really organized imo.

Edited by MotherOneDog, 23 April 2012 - 05:04 PM.

#67 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:06 PM

dontcha

#68 Niji

Niji

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2701 posts
  • Locationhell

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:08 PM

Why dontcha implement a Vending Map of some sort where people can just go into for the sole purpose of Buying/Selling? I'd definitely be bumming around in there 50% of the time if that ever happened :o

EDIT: You could call it The Marketplace :D Always loved games with marketplaces. It's just really organized imo.

why spend the time and money to make a map when there already is a map that is the market...pront

#69 MotherOneDog

MotherOneDog

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2093 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:14 PM

why spend the time and money to make a map when there already is a map that is the market...pront

The reason why people vend in Eden is because everybody is able to see their shops. I don't ever go to West Pront. What if there was a good deal on something (that I don't usually check on Ragial) there but I missed out on it because it wasn't in view? Most of the time I buy stuff just buy clicking on random shops. If I like the price, I buy it on the spot. Worst-case scenario, those amazing deals of 99m RWHs and stuff like that don't appear on the first few pages of Ragial's "Cheap" section and not everybody scrolls to the page where things sell for -5% to 0% off market price (which is where good deals like 99m RWHs are displayed). I've bought at least 4 RWHs at 99m a pop because of randomly clicking shops. Unless you're saying walking over every cell of Pront looking for good deals is the way to go, then okay, you got me.

#70 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:16 PM

Great. Prontera isn't the issue in fact you just said previously that vending is concentrated only in Eden and Pront, at least via Ragail & the way things have always been setup.

Like I just said, & you or anyone else for that matter can take a look right now, the Vendors aren't the ones blocking any of the NPC's or Eden Leveling Boards. As far as moving around they aren't preventing that either. If someones having trouble moving around that may be more of a learning issue then anything else. If you just hold down your mouse button you won't click on any vend signs. I've also requested they change it so you have to double click on the vendor signs so people can move without accidentally clicking on them. This would alleviate a lot of the issues.

I just took a screenshot of Eden currently & as you can see the Gramps & Sparkle area is totally crowded with people & hardly any vendors.

Posted Image

Edited by Razzez, 23 April 2012 - 05:16 PM.

#71 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:18 PM

Nothing wrong with the suggestion but realistically there is a saying, "If it isn't broke, don't fix it." =\

#72 Niji

Niji

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2701 posts
  • Locationhell

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:20 PM

The reason why people vend in Eden is because everybody is able to see their shops. I don't ever go to West Pront. What if there was a good deal on something (that I don't usually check on Ragial) there but I missed out on it because it wasn't in view? Most of the time I buy stuff just buy clicking on random shops. If I like the price, I buy it on the spot. Worst-case scenario, those amazing deals of 99m RWHs and stuff like that don't appear on the first few pages of Ragial's "Cheap" section and not everybody scrolls to the page where things sell for -5% to 0% off market price (which is where good deals like 99m RWHs are displayed). I've bought at least 4 RWHs at 99m a pop because of randomly clicking shops. Unless you're saying walking over every cell of Pront looking for good deals is the way to go, then okay, you got me.

seriously the market isn't spread over every cell in pront and if you don't want to go to pront then it's your fault if u miss the deals just leave a character in pront to look.

#73 MotherOneDog

MotherOneDog

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2093 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:22 PM

Nothing wrong with the suggestion but realistically there is a saying, "If it isn't broke, don't fix it." =\

Lol, I guess so. It's funny, though. Although a lot of people complain about Eden being a sh!thole now, I daresay Eden wouldn't be the same without clicking on random shops while waiting for a TI party to begin. That's the only saving grace of Eden being so crazy for me. I don't know. I'm fine with whatever happens to Eden.

seriously the market isn't spread over every cell in pront and if you don't want to go to pront then it's your fault if u miss the deals just leave a character in pront to look.

Obviously, just a figure of speech. But okay. Didn't come in here to pick a fight.

#74 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:24 PM

Great. Prontera isn't the issue in fact you just said previously that vending is concentrated only in Eden and Pront, at least via Ragail & the way things have always been setup.

Like I just said, & you or anyone else for that matter can take a look right now, the Vendors aren't the ones blocking any of the NPC's or Eden Leveling Boards. As far as moving around they aren't preventing that either. If someones having trouble moving around that may be more of a learning issue then anything else. If you just hold down your mouse button you won't click on any vend signs. I've also requested they change it so you have to double click on the vendor signs so people can move without accidentally clicking on them. This would alleviate a lot of the issues.

I just took a screenshot of Eden currently & as you can see the Gramps & Sparkle area is totally crowded with people & hardly any vendors.

Posted Image

Move south towards Gramps and the entrance and take a screenshot.

#75 Pleasant007

Pleasant007

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 145 posts
  • LocationWarp Portal Forum
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:26 PM

Can you please disable Hylozoist Card and Azoth from Turn In maps? People have been using those to grief other players by spawning strong monsters like Bio3 ones.

This also need more attention.
There is no "lol" in this issue.

Edited by Pleasant007, 23 April 2012 - 05:28 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users