May 8 Maintenance - Page 3 - Ragnarok: Patch History - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

May 8 Maintenance

• Please log in to reply
264 replies to this topic

#51 MrTyranitar

MrTyranitar

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2298 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:lol

Posted 08 May 2012 - 05:41 PM

We accidentally had a 0 added to our special maps which put like 1500 Tatachos on it.

Do you mean Vanberks? Or was it actually Tatachos but it was corrected before it went live?

Looking forward to seeing what the TIs will be. Also looking forward to Kunlun spotlight. Kunlun Dungeon 1 is actually pretty good for training.

#52 RennaSaintsworth

RennaSaintsworth

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1908 posts
  • LocationScarlet Devil Mansion
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 08 May 2012 - 05:42 PM

My classic old Pre-Renewal favorite hat YAY! :p_love:

Spiky Band was ridiculously expensive on pre-renewal back then xD

#53 MotherOneDog

MotherOneDog

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2093 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario

Posted 08 May 2012 - 05:47 PM

Spiky Band was ridiculously expensive on pre-renewal back then xD

And SO worth it. I have one in storage just to remind myself of the simpler times ^_^

#54 fgabriel26

fgabriel26

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 05:56 PM

3-4 monsters is in a screen is that a joke 3-4 monsters for a party of 12 players?

IF YOU REALY WANT TO PUT 3-4 MONSTER MAKE THEM MVP

#55 Helios0

Helios0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2425 posts
  • Server:Chaos (Yggdrasil☻RIP)

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:01 PM

RE: Diversity

TI1: i liked the cloud hermits since a lot of people dont level in Kunlun, Plus the CHeese is AWESOME<3 free sp, The devi were ok too especially if you had evil armor

TI2: i liked the barons and the fanat slow mobs .. honestly i didnt care too much for the 3 range mobs @_@ violy and the 2 dimiks.. having multiple range targets can get anoying sometimes.. unless its on a really tight map like the juneperos maps . (side topic.. could you edit the Rachel sanctuary map and DELETETHOSE ARCHWAYS in the ceiling... sooooo anoying..

TI3: felt ok.. .. as a caster having to deal with 1 of every element was anoying.. but we got by.. i liked that they mixed in some Bio 3 AB's.. although maybe not soo much variation.. having 7 diff mobs was a bit much i think..

overall.. i feel the objective mobs should represent about 2/3 of the mobs on the map..

on the Bio 2 TI seemed like there were equal # of mage,aco,archer,merchant,thief,AB mobs..
maybe have a ton of the archer/theif mobs since they were the objective and a less off the other mobs

#56 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:05 PM

I have no problem with a diversity of monsters - but the targets of the TI should be, by a good margin, the most common monsters there. Set the map to have a good density of TI monsters, then add in some monsters chosen to be annoying to deal with at the same time as the TI monsters. If the density of the TI monsters is good, you can afford to be a little evil with the other monsters - The TI monsters are earth? Well, how bout some fire monsters so they'll need an extra killer (or a non-elemental killer). TI monsters are lots of different elements (ex, dimiks)? They'll be using neutral against it, so throw in some ghosts. Slow TI monsters? Add some fast nuisince monsters so they'll need a class with endure to mob 'em (in moderation, that could actually kill it). And there's no wrong time for annoying debuffs (AoE bleeding, dispel, traps) or painful attacks of opposite element of the ones the TI monsters use. I think this would make things more interesting and challenging.
Ex: Ice dungeon? Wind Ghosts (SP trap) and Beholders!
Thors? How about a fire-and-ice theme by adding some of those water monsters from ygg tree, the ones with the nasty waterball...
And so on. Necromancers are really annoying (can't kill them with physical damage in a reasonable length of time - would people bother killing them? Or just ignore them, and let them nip at the party's heels until they die from the attacks directed at the TI monsters. That;s the natural answer, but their crit wounds would make that harder to get away with)

But you first need to have a sufficient density of the TI monster. TI monster should always greatly outnumber the junk/nuisance monsters. IMO, a good rule of thumb would be that a really competent party should be able to (just barely) complete a TI in half an hour if they hurry, and a lousy party should still be able to pull it off in an hour or less,assuming reasonable effort. That's what people have the attention span for. I think avg of 3-4 monsters per screen probably isn't enough to make this happen - but it might be if the map encourages people not to wander over eachother's paths. Keep in mind that the chance to engage in heavy mobbing is fun, much more fun than sparse, wimpy "mobs"

Edited by DrAzzy, 08 May 2012 - 06:23 PM.

#57 DarkDan

DarkDan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1280 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:06 PM

For diversity, purposely we did put monsters that are faster than the targets, or ranged, or different element. This manuever was done to give more incentive for party play since an individual can gear out by self for everything if we don't switch it up. With that said the ratio of the extras may not have been proper, so that will get dealt with for future ones. The TIs we want to take about 60 minutes for a moderate group, longer for duo/soloers, less for great group.

I think you have the right idea. As much as I liked the spawn rate of the Tatachos and disliked the Scarabs that week, there was a little too many tatachos. I really think you need to rethink the time limit a bit. We are young and have short attention spans lol. Forcing a party to go over a hour for a turn in is a little to much in my opinion. Keep the spawns on the turn in monsters high enough that regardless of the the extra monsters the turnin can be completed around a hour or less. If you extend it past that you will lose people on the turnins.

#58 Tyrael

Tyrael

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:06 PM

"You can acquire those 4 headgears from Alora as well, take the normal (or slotted version) which is +8 or higher and she can transform it into a +0 Costume version."

Just a question...the hats the npc accepts for costumes...do they or do they not have to be slotted? i have versions of them both and would like to change them all into costumes.

Edited by Tyrael, 08 May 2012 - 06:07 PM.

#59 Yoozie

Yoozie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:07 PM

• Enriched Oridecon 10 Box sale stop
  • Enriched Elunium 10 Box sale stop
  • Enriched hammer defaults off again.
  • Random Costume Box sale**
  • Alora the Hat Dye girl in Eden group learns a trick to making costume gear!
  • Eden Chef hunt quests will give 40,000z to vip members for completing the quests. You get food supplies still.
  • New Gramps
  • Current spotlight (Rachel) ends
  • New Kunlun Spotlight starts (Feedback on the Kunlun current quests so we can improve the rewards please)
We are preparing for a fairly significant update soon, due to NDA I can't release information yet, but you will be surprised, and some a bit confused on why it didn't show on Sakray, but this update has taken a fair amount of our time lately.

** The random Costume Hat Box is 250pts it gives 1 of the 4 Costume Headgears Spiky Band, Goggles, Jack a Dandy, Angel Wings. These are untradable and have no long term effect (the box is tradable). Until July 3rd wearing those hats will give bonus exp when hunting and perhaps on some select quests.

You can acquire those 4 headgears from Alora as well, take the normal (or slotted version) which is +8 or higher and she can transform it into a +0 Costume version. We are going to do this more in the future until we have covered all the old headgear looks you may want, but it is a very long term plan to keep updating this way.

Honest feedback on the TIs last week. We wanted to spice them up for party play by putting more diversified monsters together rather than just the same monsters you would see on that map normally. Monster density is always a hot button topic and is addressed differently depending on which map, but I want to know about the monster DIVERSITY thing we did last week.

^ lol

Edited by Yoozie, 08 May 2012 - 06:09 PM.

#60 fgabriel26

fgabriel26

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:08 PM

on the Bio 2 TI seemed like there were equal # of mage,aco,archer,merchant,thief,AB mobs..
maybe have a ton of the archer/theif mobs since they were the objective and a less off the other mobs

the map is about the size of bio2 just no gemini/gx/mvp so the spawn isn't that much superior to the normal TI map.

#61 MotherOneDog

MotherOneDog

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2093 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:10 PM

^ lol

:o

#62 Hyperlink

Hyperlink

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Classic

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:12 PM

Now last week, I fully realize the low range with the Kobolds was too sparse, that is my fault, it was too much square footage for the monster quantity. My goal is to have every screen have at least 3-4 monsters on it naturally. If that is the case there will always be at least 1 "pack" somewhere that is really dense and scary. I do think the midrange and high range did accomplish that.

For diversity, purposely we did put monsters that are faster than the targets, or ranged, or different element. This manuever was done to give more incentive for party play since an individual can gear out by self for everything if we don't switch it up. With that said the ratio of the extras may not have been proper, so that will get dealt with for future ones. The TIs we want to take about 60 minutes for a moderate group, longer for duo/soloers, less for great groups.

Please make sure quantity of monsters is appropriate for the maps you place them on. I say those 3-4 monsters should be the TI monsters, not just any monsters. I think that a group of 10-12 should be able to finish a TI in 30 minutes. It already takes 30 minutes to an hour to find a party because of the low population on Ymir. I don't want to spend an hours hunting monsters with people leaving in the middle of the quest just to earn 20%-30% experience (for the 105-120 TI NON-VIP! at least).

#63 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:23 PM

Good update for costume hats. You better please at least 50% of the playerbase with the monster TI selections this time. <_<

#64 victorianrobot

victorianrobot

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:24 PM

On a different note, the box for the costume hats.. I am sorry but I don't have enough boxes to do this, But I do understand you don't want random. So we'll do this.
The box is a Token.
Take the token to Alora and she will exchange the box for the specific costume hat you want.
Since it isn't random the box will be 300pts but is assured to be what hat you want.

Really?! If so, I am so excited...I mean, I was excited before, and seriously considering buying a few boxes, but now I'm definitely going to be picking some up. My birthday is this month and it seems like a great way to treat myself. :p_laugh: Thanks for this!! Yay for more costume items~

#65 Dammage

Dammage

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 778 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:29 PM

Diversity is fine, keep it that way and dont change a thing. Just increase the turnin monster spawn rate and we'll all be happy

#66 Hakobune

Hakobune

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 409 posts
  • LocationNowhere I want to be that's for sure
  • Server:The mismanaged cashgrab

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:30 PM

The Kobold TI as everyone has already stated was terrible. The monster choice was alright, it was the map given to the TI that was the problem. If I were you guys I would NEVER use that field for ANY TI EVER AGAIN. I also think it would be a good idea for TIs in 70-95 and 90-110 range should have one of the eden quest board monsters.

Having no characters in the dimik TI range I have no input on that. However the bios2 TI was actually alright with the map filled decently and whatnot. Only questionable thing was the choice of monsters for the TI but it wasn't the worst choice.

#67 Droyd

Droyd

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 872 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:33 PM

How about Arclouze turn in in GH. Somewhere in the GH map since no one ever goes there.

#68 Helios0

Helios0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2425 posts
  • Server:Chaos (Yggdrasil☻RIP)

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:37 PM

when considering how many mobs to place on a map you should break down the maps you chose to use into categories...

GINORMOUS
Anopholese/Roween Map
Naga/Cornus/DarkPenguicula Map

Moderate
Rachel Sanc
Niffelheim feild map

Small
Gold/Blue Acidus Map
Nogg Road Map

the ratio should be something like

6xGInormous
3xModerate
2xSmall

whats the level ranges for this upcoming week?

Edited by Helios0, 08 May 2012 - 06:38 PM.

#69 RennaSaintsworth

RennaSaintsworth

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1908 posts
  • LocationScarlet Devil Mansion

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:39 PM

when considering how many mobs to place on a map you should break down the maps you chose to use into categories...

GINORMOUS
Anopholese/Roween Map
Naga/Cornus/DarkPenguicula Map

Moderate
Rachel Sanc
Niffelheim feild map

Small
Gold/Blue Acidus Map
Nogg Road Map

the ratio should be something like

6xGInormous
3xModerate
2xSmall

whats the level ranges for this upcoming week?

70-95
105-120
125-140

#70 Lynex

Lynex

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 802 posts
  • LocationOhio
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:40 PM

How about Arclouze turn in in GH. Somewhere in the GH map since no one ever goes there.

Deepest Level in GH sounds like a good idea. No one is ever down there. Last time I was down there, I saw Xellie. YEARS ago.

#71 rednaxelagnik

rednaxelagnik

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:45 PM

Any word on what the TIs will be this week? I usually like to look back at what they have been so here's my take on some that are due that I think are fair:

70-95: Injustice & Skel Prisoner or Marionette & Deviruchi
105-120: Death Word & Ancient Mimic or Succubus & Incubus
125-140: Antler Scaraba & Rake Horn Scaraba

Those are just suggestions of TIs that have been done before. I don't know how good the 70-95 ones sound because I've never done either one of them. Death word and ancient mimic wouldn't be so bad. Succubus and incubus would be good experience too but I don't think they'd want to use them for a TI again. And scarabas? Everyone wants them.

As for feedback on this last week's TI...I agree that the TI monsters should have increased spawn and the "extra" monsters should be kept normal. I also don't think keeping the same maps this past week helped though either. I like it when it's just a copy of the the normal map that the TIs monsters would normally spawn on and the non-TI mobs are just the monsters that would be there anyway.

Edited by rednaxelagnik, 08 May 2012 - 06:46 PM.

#72 Krispin

Krispin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 787 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:47 PM

Would be nice if this weeks level ranges were in again since this last week for them was a total waste...

#73 Zesty

Zesty

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:48 PM

We are preparing for a fairly significant update soon, due to NDA I can't release information yet, but you will be surprised, and some a bit confused on why it didn't show on Sakray, but this update has taken a fair amount of our time lately.

:o

You can acquire those 4 headgears from Alora as well, take the normal (or slotted version) which is +8 or higher and she can transform it into a +0 Costume version. We are going to do this more in the future until we have covered all the old headgear looks you may want, but it is a very long term plan to keep updating this way.

I can has Decorative Golden Bell costume headgear in the future? >:B

#74 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:49 PM

For next low/mid levels TI (70~95 and 90~110), I have a few suggestions of maps.

All of them are "dead" (disabled) maps, so there are no problems to add them instead of use the current ones:

Rachel Field 09: http://rode-r.doddle...view/ra_fild09/
Posted Image

Rachel Field 10: http://rode-r.doddle...view/ra_fild10/
Posted Image

Rachel Field 13: http://rode-r.doddle...view/ra_fild13/
Posted Image

I could think of some Hugel maps too, but memory is not alive right now.

Spoiler

Edited by asayuu, 08 May 2012 - 06:50 PM.

#75 Hanfeizi

Hanfeizi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 430 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:55 PM

1. Diversity is fine. I agree that people will enjoy the different monsters, especially the ones that they rarely see/encounter/haven't seen in a while, AS LONG AS THE TI MONSTERS' RATE IS HIGH.
2. Keep in mind, the longer that people spend on TI, the harder it is to find parties, and in fact, I've been in many situations where it took us 1-2 hours for the 1 hour TI. Many people gave up, and we had to keep recruiting etc. You could see it this week.

Deepest Level in GH sounds like a good idea. No one is ever down there. Last time I was down there, I saw Xellie. YEARS ago.

Back in the days, we used to dbed the place to kingdom come thanks to a guy named Popito.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users