Large Crossbow? - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Large Crossbow?

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#26 TargetMonster

TargetMonster

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 12:34 PM

dont go crazy only one poster said rangers are op which is not true obviously but nearly posting a wall of text is overreacting

Edited by TargetMonster, 15 May 2012 - 12:34 PM.

#27 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 15 May 2012 - 12:41 PM

Fact: Rangers will still get 1 shotted by GoH. End of story.

#28 MotherOneDog

MotherOneDog

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2093 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 15 May 2012 - 12:44 PM

Let's just wait till it comes out and then we'll see how good/average this bow is.

#29 Knightlazarus

Knightlazarus

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 144 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 12:50 PM

They stack, it's the same thing as putting two Imp cards together with Crimson Staff for Fire Bolt damage, or high upgrade KVM staff with high upgrade Yggdrasil crown for Heal/Sanctuary.

If you say 80% ranged increase makes no difference, then go without them and be less effective.

If you want to use this bow at >= +12 and use reductions instead of damage gears, it's the same thing as using Elven Bow + Arrow without White Wing. Any wanderer does it to level.

Bow mechanics are easy, except for the bugs: Lack of overupgrade bonus (So a +5 to a +10 bow is as effective as using a +5 bow with Porceliio card), no MATK per upgrade, and of course, the combination of ranged + skill reductions in WOE.

And "most balanced class". What a joke. GXs are the most balanced class after the patch. All the others need fixes. Having only one skill good and all the others being useless, this is not really a good "balance". it's the same thing as say maestros are the most balanced class because they have strings.

Be careful when swinging all that truth around, you might poke out the eyes of someone trying to defend being overpowered.

#30 MotherOneDog

MotherOneDog

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2093 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 12:59 PM

Arrow Storm's formula: ATK [{(Skill Level x 80) + 1000} x (Caster’s Base Level/100)]% = (800+1000)(1.5) = 2700%

With the Large Crossbow, it becomes [2700+(0.5)(2700)] = 4050%

It kinda comes down to whether the Elven set's +50% Ranged Attack bonus is superior to a 1350% increase in Arrow Storm's calculations, assuming they're both uncarded.

Anybody got a clue?

#31 TheKraven

TheKraven

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1135 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Valk

Posted 15 May 2012 - 01:50 PM

Again they don't stack that way...U guys dont understand how Bow Mechanics work. If you want the correct formulas go to irowiki forums where people actually know all about it like Clogan.

And I said AFTER about 80% range increase is ineffective due AGAIN to "Bow Mechanics".

#32 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 02:02 PM

If you want to proof yourself right, post the font. We can't be forced to register in another forum just to see something.

Some of the things you say make no sense, so show the font if you think you are getting safe information.

#33 MotherOneDog

MotherOneDog

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2093 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 02:21 PM

Lol, watch out, we got a badass here who hangs with the big boys now.

Edited by MotherOneDog, 15 May 2012 - 02:22 PM.

#34 Pres

Pres

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1427 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 15 May 2012 - 04:03 PM

@Kraven: It's Clogon. At least spell his name right :l

#35 TheKraven

TheKraven

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1135 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 May 2012 - 04:14 PM

If you want to proof yourself right, post the font. We can't be forced to register in another forum just to see something.

Some of the things you say make no sense, so show the font if you think you are getting safe information.

Again if you took the time to post right after I did you would have the time to check irowiki forums and make an account that takes less than 5min. You'll get better information there anywase.

#36 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 05:02 PM

Okay, until you post accurate info, I will assume you are lying. Redirect to a chosen post or thread, I have one account, but searching pointlessly for topics in search for one thing is not a wise thing.

If you have a post, why not post it already? I'm sure everyone wants to know, hiding info is lame.

If Clogon already posted good info, why not post it? irowiki links are not blocked here, as I know.

Edited by asayuu, 15 May 2012 - 05:03 PM.

#37 TheKraven

TheKraven

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1135 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 May 2012 - 05:19 PM

http://forums.irowik...ead.php?t=91918

because some people are too lazy to take some time looking through ``Archer Forums`` and looking at a thread entitled: ``Giant Crossbow vs Elven bow``.

People have done indept calculations as to what is better and the Giant Crossbow only gives a 10% more damage at +13 then an elven bow. Anywase keep reading...

#38 MotherOneDog

MotherOneDog

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2093 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 06:04 PM

http://forums.irowik...ead.php?t=91918

because some people are too lazy to take some time looking through ``Archer Forums`` and looking at a thread entitled: ``Giant Crossbow vs Elven bow``.

People have done indept calculations as to what is better and the Giant Crossbow only gives a 10% more damage at +13 then an elven bow. Anywase keep reading...

Lol. The gist of the thread you posted is not even about the calcs. Mostly people saying "oooooh lookz laik phun~"

This is the only legit calc in the thread -> (atk sum)(skill multiplier)(sum of skill damage increase)(ranged damage increase)

And the only thing you ever said besides Warg damage only being reduced by DR/GR is, "this bow is going to make elven bow useless!" Weird.

Edited by MotherOneDog, 15 May 2012 - 06:05 PM.

#39 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 06:06 PM

*facepalm* I was searching on wiki, and found this thread before the redirection when I got free time. [I always check Tirades after woe, even if I never post in there]

The only thing I found on this thread was a replicate of the calculations on my posts. Nowhere is saying the WW mod does not stack with the crossbow mod. Means I was right and you tried to fool me wrong.

Now, if you are wanting to know where my mind is, let me make some basic calculations.

Base of 10k damage without Elven and White WIng set:

Applying only Elven Bow + Arrow combo:
50% mod = 15k total damage.

Applying only Giant Crossbow on +10: [Using +10 for comparative purposes. Of course at +12 or +13 it will be better]
50% mod = 15k total damage.

Applying only (safe levels) White Wing set, no elven set:
3% brooch
+ 8% from +4 suit
+ 30% from the set
= 41% damage increase: 14.1k damage
+ 50% Arrow Storm specific mod: 21.15k damage.

Now applying (safe levels) White Wing set, with elven set:

3% brooch
+ 8% from +4 suit
+ 30% from the set
+ 50% from bow/arrow
= 91% damage increase: 19.1k damage
+ 50% Arrow Storm specific mod: 28.65k damage.

Again applying White Wing set (safe levels), this time with the Large Crossbow at +10.

3% brooch
+ 8% from +4 suit
+ 30% from the set
= 41% damage increase: 14.1k damage
+ 100% Arrow Storm specific mod: 28.2k damage.

----

I'm just considering here the ranged modifier and the arrow storm modifier due to the issues on bow mechanics, so my calculations only include the "right" mechanics.
The real damages would be way higher because they consider the attack and upgrades of the weapons.

And of course, Large Crossbow can get more mods by putting it at +11 or +12.

Point of my post was (and is). Large Crossbow + White Wing deals more damage than Elven Bow + White Wing.

Edited by asayuu, 15 May 2012 - 06:07 PM.

#40 Knightlazarus

Knightlazarus

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 144 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 06:09 PM

Except large crossbow has 2 slots.

#41 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 06:17 PM

It's not much "except", it's part of why it is better, even at +10.

#42 candyZ

candyZ

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 544 posts
  • LocationMother Earth

Posted 15 May 2012 - 09:49 PM

It's sad how a person who main ranger desperately want to buff the class who's already OP

#43 TheKraven

TheKraven

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1135 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 May 2012 - 09:50 PM

I never said they won`t stack they just won`t stack like everyone thinks it will where Arrow Storm will red bar anyone in WoE...anywase my job here is done. We will just have to wait until it comes out to see how it really is.

#44 Pres

Pres

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1427 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 15 May 2012 - 09:52 PM

Rangers are so trash, unless you got a thanatos/ss bow or a group of DwW slaves following you around. And, PvM doesn't really matter.

Fact: Rangers will still get 1 shotted by GoH. End of story.

Edited by Pres, 15 May 2012 - 09:53 PM.

#45 TheKraven

TheKraven

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1135 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:15 PM

Yep they are supposed to be the glass cannon class in WoE but they are just well...glass. If you wana kill scrubs its a great class but play vs well-geared guilds and see how good it is.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users