281 replies to this topic

#251 JavedIqbal

JavedIqbal

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 103 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 May 2012 - 01:42 PM

Lol right on the dot about the Diablo thing. But not just strafe but multi-shot.

or a strafe-multishot! spin around shooting waves of arrows everywhere! I've actually always thought that would be a cool skill, and it would probably end up working better as a PBAoE skill (like the mages stuff).

#252 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York

Posted 23 May 2012 - 01:51 PM

I could maybe see something similar to bomb arrows from Legend of Zelda:Twilight Princess, that explode when they hit something.

#253 DigitalKitten

DigitalKitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4996 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis, Draconis

Posted 23 May 2012 - 01:51 PM

//ignored// ;_; no one got pics of the bunny offhand?

#254 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 23 May 2012 - 02:22 PM

//ignored// ;_; no one got pics of the bunny offhand?

Posted Image

Boop.

#255 DigitalKitten

DigitalKitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4996 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 02:55 PM

Posted Image

Boop.

Tyvm :3

#256 solovenomore

solovenomore

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1177 posts
  • LocationSingapore
  • Server:Draconis, Leo

Posted 23 May 2012 - 02:56 PM

Now it will take more times for people to kill my knight, anyway, this patch won't affect me much, except I like to kiss the grass of TG, by the way, rip to those trying to sell the truck and sport bot costumes at higher price, it's on the IM store for 500 points only!

#257 CoffeeMuse

CoffeeMuse

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1097 posts
  • LocationRose Forum Mod 2006-2011

Posted 23 May 2012 - 04:46 PM

Agreed... If updates like this continue... I will be clicking UnInstall... Seriously though... when can rose go back to being fun for the PvM player instead of all this crap catering to PvP??? Guys should pull their heads out of their rectum before the suffocate themselves... PvP is fine for those that want to do extra in the game... but you still have to PvM to level up your characters...

I agree. I know the Dev's and GM's probably have to hold their noses and gird their loins for the crap storm when they make updates like this but it does get old to see updates that seem negative and nerf skills. I realize yada yada class balancing has do be done for the oh so holy PVP aspect of the game but it seems the PVMers take it on the chin more often then not when these updates comeout. The union war update wrecked my farming cleric and as Naughty has pointed out, cleric players in PVM have been deflated ever since, and wondering if we will ever get any lovin again.

I agree whole heartely, I keep hoping against hope that PVM will some day be fun again. I'm still waiting!

#258 Sathanas

Sathanas

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 745 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 23 May 2012 - 05:32 PM

I do hope they realize that they are seriously in trouble withGW2...as many people as ive heard are moving away from this game to play that...

#259 Sathanas

Sathanas

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 09:00 PM

Tested a bit today...the additonal damage bug WAS ACTUALLY FINALLY FIXED...non reliable skill snow actually get a benefit from the addtitonal damage buff...the difference in damage is night and day, borgs and knights can actually put the hurt on things a lot better, but they are far from balanced...mages can actually hurt a lot more as well with this change..Scouts SHOULD benifit from this as well, as most of thier damage dealing skills like entangling and poison arent reliable...now if some work were just put into thier skills...and cleric buffs were brought back up to snuff...we would be on something

#260 Azileign

Azileign

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:09 PM

I REALLY HATE WHAT YOU DID TO CLERICS...

nuff said :p_swt:

have you guys fixed the perma sleep in GA?

oh and the perma sleep of the bone spider king in ruins, i have to relog everytime we kill that guy :p_sick:

#261 Sathanas

Sathanas

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 12:31 AM

and what about this 5 skill damage bug? Kind of made testing the reliable skills annoying when i kept seeing 5 damage on my skills....

And yes...im pretty sure i speak for everyone when i say the cleric buff nerf was completely unnecessary, and unwanted...whit the fixes to reliable skills, returning the buffs to what they once were would really help out knights and borgs...

Edited by Sathanas, 24 May 2012 - 12:32 AM.

#262 DigitalKitten

DigitalKitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4996 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 03:26 AM

+1 On the champ and Cleric nerf. I find it necessary.
The raider changes was good but raiders don't need higher attkspeed, even thought it's so little.
And poor poor knights, all they do is tank nowadays, aren't they made for killing players at all >:c

#263 NamirBarades

NamirBarades

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 24 May 2012 - 04:18 AM

(Reducing these buffs will actually bring all players closer in strenght wich is a good thing. And with all buffs nerfed all classes are nerfed. So basicly this means longer fights and more survivability). This might be a step closer where actuall selfbuffs will be usefull again wich an interesting feature and will add more depth to the game.

Once all classes gain their unique partybuff(wich i hope will come and be stronger than a cleric buff) Then players are maybe willing to take up different roles and classes to help as a team.
So maybe clerics wont be bitched around when ppl r missing single buffs but can actually focus on healing as main).

Healing isn't the only way to support someone, but I feel like we've had this arguement before sometime in the past so I won't get into that.

And..What everyone seems to forget(well I think a few people addressed it)--Yeah lessening cleric buffs makes other people's self buffs more worth while-- but those are the cleric self buffs! All those other classes that got 'nerfed' because our buffs are nerfed..have self buffs of some sort that are still better--we only have our own buffs. I wouldn't be so pissed about this update if we had gotten something in return, but we did not. What I got was my two most important buffs taking another hit. Dodge isn't even worth it for me anymore. Heres to nerfing under powered classes. :no1:

#264 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 24 May 2012 - 08:10 AM

You would think that since our (cleric) buffs also effect us then they might have made the new offhand have some added qualities to compensate for the decrease in our buffs. A way to do it just for clerics so that mages might not benefit. All I could think of was the offhand. FS clerics will mostly feel the difference in dodge but Battle clerics will feel the difference in Aspd, AP, Crit and Add damage. The offhand could give us back the dodge we will lose but I am not sure what could be done to offset the decrease for Battle Cleric. But with this decrease in dodge you do notice a difference.

The only other thing that I have noticed as far as the changes is that Raiders already hit too fast (from my only persepective as a cleric being hit). Now they hit faster while cloaked and for some clerics without great gear they go down fast to one raider, where before they could heal through a single raider attacking them.

#265 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York

Posted 24 May 2012 - 12:37 PM

and what about this 5 skill damage bug? Kind of made testing the reliable skills annoying when i kept seeing 5 damage on my skills....

And yes...im pretty sure i speak for everyone when i say the cleric buff nerf was completely unnecessary, and unwanted...whit the fixes to reliable skills, returning the buffs to what they once were would really help out knights and borgs...

The 5's are actually what would be misses.

#266 Cloudius

Cloudius

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 12:49 AM

I think there's a bug with the queuing system post Patch 413. It's already 14/14 and yet it still is not starting. Just wanted to bring this back up to be noticed.

#267 solovenomore

solovenomore

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1177 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 25 May 2012 - 04:48 AM

Time to take a break from the game, and maybe back until the game becomes better and better, it's been a smooth ride of experience for rose-online since last October.

#268 johniscu

johniscu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts
  • Server:leonis

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:44 AM

goodbye no one cares lol!

#269 solovenomore

solovenomore

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1177 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 25 May 2012 - 01:37 PM

Good bye, I don't need anyone to care!

#270 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 26 May 2012 - 01:30 PM

They nerf'd cleric skills and increased class skills to force you to decrease avtive damages and add your own buffs, this in turn cut out on people complaining about debuffs. Also raider's didn't get buffs, you only get the same % increase as the previous cleric buff would have allowed, both the aspd and attack, but only 1 being available depending on the weapon equipped. This looks like a very well thought out balance update and i'm happy to see it.

Healing isn't the only way to support someone, but I feel like we've had this arguement before sometime in the past so I won't get into that.

And..What everyone seems to forget(well I think a few people addressed it)--Yeah lessening cleric buffs makes other people's self buffs more worth while-- but those are the cleric self buffs! All those other classes that got 'nerfed' because our buffs are nerfed..have self buffs of some sort that are still better--we only have our own buffs. I wouldn't be so pissed about this update if we had gotten something in return, but we did not. What I got was my two most important buffs taking another hit. Dodge isn't even worth it for me anymore. Heres to nerfing under powered classes. :no1:

Cleric's can heal themselves, it's the only class that can do that, If you're a battle cleric [i have one] you need to not try to dodge and outkill, you need to have high amounts of defense/resistances and learn to use your healing spells on yourself. PvP get Chiv gears for defense, PvE get the Def/HP gears. as for gems, at lower levels HP/MP recov at higher levels, Pink Opals and Topaz. Test it if you don't believe me.

Edited by Feuer, 26 May 2012 - 01:35 PM.

#271 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 26 May 2012 - 01:48 PM

I had this idea earlier.

Since cleric buffs got nerfed, how about making higher INT affect them more than it does now?

I mean, a cleric with 900 int doesn't take billions to make one, while if you want max int (993) you have to spend something like 15b on rerolls or max int gear, and for what? to have 2% aspd more, 50 ap more, 50 def more.

INT should make a bigger difference...The way it was before Orlo was perfect.

#272 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 26 May 2012 - 01:57 PM

Gojio, what would the point of nurfing a skill, only to make a different way to get it to the same spot, you missed the point of them debuffing it completely. not that you're the only one either, and I mean no disrespect by saying that.

#273 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 27 May 2012 - 12:52 AM

The INT matter was already debateable before the nerf. Why those who work hard to get the best INT possible get rewarded with so little bonus?

In all honesty the change on buffs is irrelevant to this. We are still the same as it affects everyone. 5% more or 5% less we all stay the same.

#274 DestinyDeoxys

DestinyDeoxys

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1588 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 09:24 AM

There is a difference between working hard/paying hard/tryhard for 20SEN on a 12SEN ROSE pennant and alternate for a 30SEN asper charm...

I mean it's your choice to choose a tough path to get to the top-point of the mountain to take photographs, but you can actually take the elevator to some high land and take a just as beautiful photographs of a town.

But let's not talk about the difference between 900 vs 993, a battle cleric/support cleric usually has around 333 - 350INT and a buff slave has around 900INT, and I don't even have one, highest is around 850INT only, so with 500INT difference it gives

mspeed - 49
acc - 16
def - 24
a-speed - 15.6%
crit - 16
dodge - 40
AP - 31

acc, def, crit, AP might seem a little bit low, but that's two P7, one saggi stone, and two-third of a J7 there

#275 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 27 May 2012 - 01:25 PM

aside from aspd the other stat differences are negligible to be honest.

ap-crit-def-acc with or without those extra 31-16 etc points give the same outcome. and 49 mspd well, it's barely noticeable.

But thanks for these numbers. They actually make my argument stronger :>

PS: the attack speed difference is noticeable because it's a percentage stat. The system works like this:

You add X amount of INT -> The buff gets better by 0.1

Now, it's the same with Attack Speed, with the difference that 0.1 is different from 0.1% lol, that makes the Attack Speed stand out of the crowd.

But in all honesty, 15% is a good amount and it's fair that someone with 500 ( I mean, 500, not 50 or 100 or 200) INT more deserves to be a better buffer.

Edited by Gojio, 27 May 2012 - 02:36 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users