#1 CatMuto

CatMuto

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 May 2012 - 05:14 AM

This problem I actually have with any class char I have around the level. But since I'm on Ygg right now and my Mage is my only char there, except a Novice I haven't started yet, I'm asking about her.

She's level 28/28 and I always have trouble getting past the levels from 26 to 40. I'm currently at Wolfs and using a Lvl 3 Firebolt on them to kill them, beforehand I was at Ant Hell but that didn't fruition so well.
I still have both Battle Manuals from Eden, I'm using the Lvl 26 Quest Eden Gear.

Please don't tell me to use the Eden Quests for Level 26 - 40 since they "make leveling so much easier/faster" because they don't. Those quests are jokes. The given EXP is meager and why the heck would I want more Novice Potions?
Aside from my Mage currently not getting hit by anything, they barely heal any HP. Level 40 onwards they get worth it again.

INT - 49 + 5
DEX & LUK - 9 + SomethingIDon'tRememberRightNow

Fire Bolt Lvl 6
Cold Bold Lvl 6
Lightning Bolt Lvl 4
Fire Ball Lvl 5
Fire Wall Lvl 5
Thunderstorm Lvl 1

Should I keep bolting at the Wolves until I'm Lvl 30 and then think of actually using one of my BMs to double the EXP?

C-A

#2 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 24 May 2012 - 05:32 AM

I wrote a thread specifically geared towards you. It's pinned at the top of the Mage section take a look and be sure to read it.

http://forums.warppo...gewizard-guide/

#3 CatMuto

CatMuto

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:16 AM

That's the one I'm using. I'm still having trouble seeing how Ants and Wolves are supposed to help me much right now.
I don't want to spend hours at Wolves to get from lvl 30 to 40 there. I need variety. Or fun Quests that don't require me to somehow break the game, or get myself 90 Mil Zeny so I can afford a +9 Equip or something like that.

C-A

Edited by CatMuto, 24 May 2012 - 06:16 AM.

#4 Helios0

Helios0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2425 posts
  • Server:Chaos (Yggdrasil☻RIP)

Posted 24 May 2012 - 07:38 AM

go to the hypnotist just north of the prontera hypnotist and use the unlimited skill reset (until lvl 40 non trans)

get....

thunderstorm 7
firewall 5-10
rest = doesnt matter

Ant Hell = thunderstorm patches of eggs takes about an hour to reach lvl 40 if you have a good spot
eggs have about 650 health use thunderstorm on them
use firewall to get away from bats

at lvl 40 go back to hypnotist in prontera, switch spec back to whatever you want and continue like normal

Edited by Helios0, 24 May 2012 - 07:39 AM.

#5 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 08:30 AM

go to the hypnotist just north of the prontera hypnotist and use the unlimited skill reset (until lvl 40 non trans)

get....

thunderstorm 7
firewall 5-10
rest = doesnt matter

Ant Hell = thunderstorm patches of eggs takes about an hour to reach lvl 40 if you have a good spot
eggs have about 650 health use thunderstorm on them
use firewall to get away from bats

at lvl 40 go back to hypnotist in prontera, switch spec back to whatever you want and continue like normal

This is not a great idea due to the fact that Alchemists have this spot on perm camp to level their homuncs so chances of getting a patch are VERY small. Not to mention Ant Hell is botted to hell as well.

#6 CatMuto

CatMuto

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 08:47 AM

When I was there last, I saw only one Alch at the entrance and another one further in. But then, aside from the one at the entrance, none of those has that many eggs. I might try that again, I once tried it on Valk and it didn't work too well cause that really is botted.

C-A

#7 Helios0

Helios0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2425 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:34 AM

theres actually a few good spots besides the entrance

as a mage and not an afk alchemist you can actually move around to nearby patches

i tend to use the teal patch the most although the green patch is the best

if your on valk.. this method might not be plausible with the excessivenes of bots unless you logon when people are asleep or at work/school or during WoE
Posted Image

Edited by Helios0, 24 May 2012 - 09:36 AM.

#8 CatMuto

CatMuto

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 03:48 AM

The Ant Eggs really help a lot, she's currently at level 35 after spending half of the Battle Manual on the eggs. (Although when I just logged on, the entrance was filled with no Ant Eggs, but with high level monsters ... makes me wonder if it's a mistake or if some ***tard used Dead Branches to screw with other players)

Now she has 51 INT and I'm wondering if I should start pumping points into DEX or keep going for INT until that's 70 and then go for DEX.

C-A

#9 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 04:49 AM

The Ant Eggs really help a lot, she's currently at level 35 after spending half of the Battle Manual on the eggs. (Although when I just logged on, the entrance was filled with no Ant Eggs, but with high level monsters ... makes me wonder if it's a mistake or if some ***tard used Dead Branches to screw with other players)

Now she has 51 INT and I'm wondering if I should start pumping points into DEX or keep going for INT until that's 70 and then go for DEX.

C-A

Lol can't believe anyone actually bothered to waste a BM on ANT EGGS!

I am sorry but if you really found it that difficult to level those few bit more difficult levels then quite now as this game is not for you. I am sorry to be harsh but it's the truth.

BM's are best used when you are going to get big batches of exp from perhaps a Turnin (The Gramps ones mainly) or from quests that give a good amount. Using it on the Uzhas turn in that is currently going Could have gotten you an easy 250k extra Base & Job exp. And even then you would still have the REST of the time to go hunt stuff normally as the turn in part takes less than a min.

If you were VIP you could have done both turn in's and gotten an extra 700k B/J exp combined.

Edited by EvilLoynis, 25 May 2012 - 04:52 AM.

#10 CatMuto

CatMuto

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 05:18 AM

I am sorry but if you really found it that difficult to level those few bit more difficult levels then quite now as this game is not for you. I am sorry to be harsh but it's the truth.

BM's are best used when you are going to get big batches of exp from perhaps a Turnin (The Gramps ones mainly)

If you were VIP you could have done both turn in's and gotten an extra 700k B/J exp combined.

I know Ragnarok isn't a game for casual players or people who do not enjoy grinding for 5 hours straight in the same place. I still enjoy playing the game despite the rather outdated graphics and the music is always pleasant. I don't play RO to get super high levels. I play it cause it can be fun.

TIs aren't for character unless they're at least level 70 or higher. My current Ygg characters, which were made about 5 days ago, aren't that high. My mage is my main there right now and I currently am not playing on Valk.

If I were VIP, I'd be happy that I had a cash for that. Even if I had, I can't use my current bank account for that due to settings. So I can't even use the Kafra Shop to even get some helpful items or even Dye coupons which I'd like to use.

And like I said my main problem is getting past these levels. I don't have any trouble with leveling my chars post-Lvl 40 or higher. The grinding doesn't become less, but the quests become more fun. If you have characters that can get from level 1 to 99 within two days without usage of Kafra or VIP, well congrats.

C-A

#11 Helios0

Helios0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2425 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 07:30 AM

Lol can't believe anyone actually bothered to waste a BM on ANT EGGS!

BM's are best used when you are going to get big batches of exp from perhaps a Turnin (The Gramps ones mainly) or from quests that give a good amount. Using it on the Uzhas turn in that is currently going Could have gotten you an easy 250k extra Base & Job exp. And even then you would still have the REST of the time to go hunt stuff normally as the turn in part takes less than a min.

people can use their manuals wherever they damn well please..

id go pure int straight up but thats just me.

but yeah there are some peoiple that chose to flood ant hell from time to time with Bloody Branches to grief the afk alchemists more than the mages really when that happens let people in Eden know that they're there and post on the http://forums.warppo...-branch-thread/ forum hopefully someone takes a stab at nuking those

glad the eggs helped

Edited by Helios0, 25 May 2012 - 07:37 AM.

#12 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 08:16 AM

people can use their manuals wherever they damn well please..

I know that but using them at that level is going to make the grind later all the more tough is all I was trying to point out.

And if you really can't face the VERY VERY small amount of grinding at that level then your either going to be spending TONS of Real Life Money buying BM's, or Kafra items>zenny>BM's or quitting eventually anyway. Tell me this is wrong if you can lol.

Also I thought the game dev/GM's made it so DB/BB's no longer work down there. Perhaps they were morped from other monsters with the Hylozoist Card or from the Azoth dagger. I think ppl also do that to try to get rid of those darn bots down there as well as the Alchemists.

Edited by EvilLoynis, 25 May 2012 - 08:16 AM.

#13 haf7ne5r

haf7ne5r

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:20 AM

Maybe poporings/marin in Poring Island or Lutie Toy Factory? I haven't tried soloing with a mage around those lvls since...pre-renewal, but i loved zapping those blobs...just avoid the three mini-bosses there and you'll be okay ^^' I would have suggested orcs if you had firewall, but meh..that can be risky =/ Good luck leveling though

#14 CatMuto

CatMuto

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:53 AM

And if you really can't face the VERY VERY small amount of grinding at that level then your either going to be spending TONS of Real Life Money buying BM's, or Kafra items>zenny>BM's or quitting eventually anyway. Tell me this is wrong if you can lol.

And I'm telling you again I can't buy any WP. And since the chars on Ygg are super new, no Kafra Items so I couldn't sell those for zeny, either. Kinda vicious cycle - but then, I find the RO economy to be insane. 100.000 zeny for a freakin' Kittyband dropped by Smokie?

And I know grinding is horrible. I have my Lvl 76 Dancer on Valk and she has no BMs at all because when I made her, Eden didn't give those out, those bastards.

Thanks for the tip regarding the poring-family. I do have Firewall - either Lvl 10 or slightly lower right now. But I'm going to get to just before lvl 40 and then reset my skills one last time to the suggestions regarding Bolts, Firewall and all for Wizards.

C-A

Edited by CatMuto, 25 May 2012 - 10:55 AM.

#15 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 25 May 2012 - 03:11 PM

Once you're level 35, you can go to Overlook dungeon and grind there till level 75. All set :)

#16 Tetsamaru

Tetsamaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1458 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 06:28 AM

Once you're level 30, you can go to Overlook dungeon and grind there till level 75. All set :)

Fix'd.

It's level 30 that is the minimum level.

#17 CatMuto

CatMuto

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 06:59 AM

I heard that Overlook can take up to 6 hours to finish just once. And don't I need a party for it? I'm not much of a Party Player and don't really know of anyone looking on Ygg ..

Any specific level I should start pumping VIT a little bit?

C-A

#18 Helios0

Helios0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2425 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 02:26 PM

overlook is better when your trans with all those extra stats for higher int really early

#19 Tetsamaru

Tetsamaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1458 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 02:37 PM

Actually if can afford it.

You can "Cheat" the overlook for a sqiushy mage/acolyte character by having a 2nd account and making a ninja.

Ninja + Wind Kunais = have fun instant killing everything on the first 3 floors.

By the 2nd floor, you should hit job 40 and on the 3rd floor, you'll hit job 50.

Although if you want to solo a mage on it. You could firewall/lightning bolt combo it.

I honestly just Ninja'd my way through it. It makes leveling a merchant character so easy.

Edited by Tetsamaru, 26 May 2012 - 02:38 PM.

#20 CatMuto

CatMuto

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 02:37 AM

Well I got to level 40 alright but got killed by Baby Orc's summoned daddy. I know I gotta Firewall and then -bolt them, but those guys are kind of fast. And I sometimes have slow reactions. Also not much HP. Must invest money into better Potions, I still have tons of Novice Potions - which are a joke once you're level 30. Oh, and a guard.

C-A

#21 Helios0

Helios0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2425 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 08:46 PM

try groves with high lvl firebolt they drop aloe leaves and hinalle so your never low on healing items

#22 CatMuto

CatMuto

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 11:21 PM

After dying 3 times, but also leveling up by 3 levels, I finished the Orc thing - of course, afterwards I realized I could've bagged more EXP if I had taken up the Eden Quest for Orcs as well... then again, finding 10 Orc Babys in the village is already a challenge. Barely ever find them.
Then I went to Groves and killed some Mummies and all. I'm actually ready for Wizard change, except that I have to keep reminding myself that I want JLvl 50 so I can skip the Item Collection. So now I'm sticking myself to Hodes and Sandmans...

Any specific skills as a Wizard I should put points in first? I know that Storm Gust 1 has better freezing than 10, but also that J Thunder is a really good skill.

C-A

#23 Helios0

Helios0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2425 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 06:52 AM

have you updated your eden gear? do you have the eden staff now? rank 1 or rank 2?

as for wiz skills i always liked frost nova and jupitel thunder but others would disagree definitely at least 1 point in storm gust i think definitely

#24 CatMuto

CatMuto

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 09:27 AM

Just about to hit level 60, so I'll be getting the Eden Gear IV and I have the Eden Staff II. I read that Survivor's Rod (Int) is pretty good to use, but aside from the +300 HP I see no real usage in it. Currently stocking up Maneater Blossoms so I can do those Eden Quest a few times.

I was thinking of maxing JT. SG might be important later, but right now I'm quite okay with SG Lvl 1 and my Mage Bolts. And FW. That thing could almost count as a gamebreaker ...

C-A

#25 Helios0

Helios0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2425 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 01:46 PM

i always liked the Release of Wish http://db.irowiki.or...item-info/1630/ for my wiz till he could use one of the really good ones at high level
they're usually pretty cheap

Edited by Helios0, 29 May 2012 - 01:54 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users