Dragon Saga Skill Builds! - Page 2 - Class Discussion - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Dragon Saga Skill Builds!

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#26 Kazra

Kazra

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 958 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 September 2010 - 04:09 PM

what i wud do

http://image-storage...001500511100000
http://image-storage...115005510005000
http://image-storage...010151015500000
http://image-storage...205000511500000
http://image-storage...115500510001000
http://image-storage...155151511505000
http://image-storage...351255515005000
http://image-storage...511111014005000

my thief builds nid sf so lol

sheol's build is already pve and pvp....lol at most just use the rest of the points in grenades and whatnot. awakening skills are more pvp or useless than pve. with that build u posted, sheol's build is better both pve and pvp wise.

Edited by Kazra, 17 September 2010 - 04:14 PM.

#27 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge

Posted 17 September 2010 - 04:12 PM

Sometimes you gimp some skills in third job because they aren't as useful or a waste of points as they were in second job. So it wouldn't hurt to advise him on a build to a certain level cap and not assume from 65.

i read the whole thread the end game one right? because u got pissed off at some guy who had a similar dilema for asking questions there so stop being jerk!

Perhaps you should read the section where I explain each skill.

#28 Slayze

Slayze

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 04:23 PM

I just wanted to make a Grenadier/Howitzer build because I didn't like how Sheol's build branched focused a little too much on PvP and less on PvE.

My Howitzer build(focuses more on PvE, but I guess it could suffice for casual PvP)

Spoiler

For a near pure PvE howitzer build, this is better.
N2 only adds a burn effect on criticals and nothing else, so it's effectively useless in PvE.
Nuke is slow, weak and pretty impossible to combo off.
Vulcan's damage got buffed like mad after Paris patch, so it finishes off more than half of VC/Drakos bosses HP if it all hits (or something like that).
RPG-7 launches on level 3 now.

#29 Gutek

Gutek

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 486 posts
  • LocationAt your nearest Starbucks

Posted 17 September 2010 - 04:27 PM

Going to give my 2 cents since ^ did so and i have some extra cents

AAS is not as damaging as your launches unless you have some decent FPS. This isn't a concern with the hard FPS cap. I'd highly recommend it being level 1.

AAS is your bread and butter, most people should invest in this skill unless your computer is bat **** insane and you shoot slower than auto attack

Relaunch is useless once you get to the point where you can use Rocket Launcher and Wolf Rush to relaunch. Level 0

Agreed. I never run into cool down issues or launching problems, and neither should anyone else if they are playing smart. I feel as if its a waste of points imo Igami.

Shootdown will probably be useless once the lag is increased.

Used it as a launcher on enemies grounded and bunched up. Jump up and immediately cast shotdown when your an inch above the ground, you'll fall back down and you can AAS them if your quick enough. Its a safe way to save a launch on the next mob and its only 1 point.

Rocket Launcher is useless once you get falcon skills. Level 1 for Wolf Rush

Doesn't Wolf Rush not launch until level 3? I can't remember for sure and yea Rocket Launcher is totally useless once you get your dual falcons. 3 (4 if you include Shotdown) are enough launchers to get you buy, put in bare minimum for Wolf Rush

Speaking in terms of PvE i would construct a build more like this....

http://image-storage...000000013100000

i don't know much in terms of fourth job, but i see from popularity alot of people put 3/1 in the awakening skills. IDK about the ult and you have alot of points left over

#30 Kazra

Kazra

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 04:33 PM

1. ABM is useless
2. AAS can be level 3, it's not your main damaging skill in PvE for the most part. 3 for enough targets.
3. 4th job PF is useless in PvE
4. hallu and mesmerize is useless in PvE
5. bow mastery is useless in PvE when you're 70... unless you have like a Superior Lightning Oak Bow -15.

Edited by Kazra, 17 September 2010 - 04:34 PM.

#31 Igami

Igami

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 September 2010 - 04:37 PM

Here is my good friend's Bombardier build. He also plays geared towards PvE.

http://image-storage...155150515011000

Spoiler

@Gutek:

Granted that my build has quite a bit of points to spare, I see absolutely no problem in investing 50 more points into 1 Re-launch and 2 extra Rocket Launcher to save me a little time. I believe I'm standing at a point where only 1 of my falcon skills launch, so I'm a little hung up on getting every launch skill I can.

I also believe that SharpEye meant "level 1 Rocket Launcher in order to get Wolf Rush," as you notice that is what he did in his build.

I see no point in any sort of bow mastery since it only increases AAS potential, and Mesmerize is a complete contradiction to the reason why you would even bother using Hallucination.

I also don't understand why 4th job skills would be left at anything lower than level 5. The cool down reduction, for me, is an unquestionable reason to max them.

@Kazra:

If you wouldn't mind, I require reasoning for saying that the Sentinel class is "useless."

You're basically saying that a stun every 5 seconds and two ground damagers add absolutely nothing to the standing worth of a Pathfinder, which I cannot understand.

All things considered, I would most likely build myself like this after skill reseting at 4th job:

http://image-storage...000000515510000

Edited by Igami, 17 September 2010 - 04:56 PM.

#32 Gutek

Gutek

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 486 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 04:40 PM

1. ABM is useless
2. AAS can be level 3, it's not your main damaging skill in PvE for the most part. 3 for enough targets.
3. 4th job PF is useless in PvE
4. hallu and mesmerize is useless in PvE
5. bow mastery is useless in PvE when you're 70... unless you have like a Superior Lightning Oak Bow -15.

well then you have a crap load of extra points so you might as well put it in. Sure its minuscule but if were talking in terms of PvE and have like 400 points you might as well put points in. Originally he spoke in terms of i don't PvP i just want PvE. Might as well dump points rather than just leave them there.

#33 Emcoldier

Emcoldier

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 04:40 PM

For a near pure PvE howitzer build, this is better.N2 only adds a burn effect on criticals and nothing else, so it's effectively useless in PvE.Nuke is slow, weak and pretty impossible to combo off.Vulcan's damage got buffed like mad after Paris patch, so it finishes off more than half of VC/Drakos bosses HP if it all hits (or something like that).RPG-7 launches on level 3 now.

Wow, that is a REALLY nice build, no sarcasm detector needed as there is none present.
Is the N2 description flawed then? Because all I've been reading are positive reviews on it, so this was a little shocker to me.
I guess I should have looked up all of the changes in the Paris patch before doing this, but it didn't cross my mind.
And was I the ONLY one not to think of using a skill forge to give let you allocate that leftover SP? I feel like an idiot. ._.

#34 Gutek

Gutek

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 486 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 04:47 PM

Wow, that is a REALLY nice build, no sarcasm detector needed as there is none present.
Is the N2 description flawed then? Because all I've been reading are positive reviews on it, so this was a little shocker to me.
I guess I should have looked up all of the changes in the Paris patch before doing this, but it didn't cross my mind.
And was I the ONLY one not to think of using a skill forge to give let you allocate that leftover SP? I feel like an idiot. ._.

Nah, im pretty sure other people would forget unless you did your dailys everyday and you fell asleep the the thought "CMON SKILL FORGES"

#35 Kazra

Kazra

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 04:47 PM

well then you have a crap load of extra points so you might as well put it in. Sure its minuscule but if were talking in terms of PvE and have like 400 points you might as well put points in. Originally he spoke in terms of i don't PvP i just want PvE. Might as well dump points rather than just leave them there.

I would rather go for the trapping branch with the extra skill points even if you don't PvP. You'll miss out on a big part of the PF gameplay, just for a miniscule... 5~10% faster kill rate? :/

#36 Gutek

Gutek

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 486 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 04:56 PM

I would rather go for the trapping branch with the extra skill points even if you don't PvP. You'll miss out on a big part of the PF gameplay, just for a miniscule... 5~10% faster kill rate? :/

People can do that, but i did my build in mind with best possible route. For a fufilling route, people should just allocated poitns to every skill because if you don't want to miss the big part of the PF gameplay you might as well get sharpshoot or netbind. And 5-10% faster kill rate is a lot for min/maxers. And yes their will be overly competitive players in a casual game like so (you can probably imagine who i am referring to). If people take Farmvile too seriously, Dragonica can only be worse

#37 Kazra

Kazra

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 05:05 PM

Sure then, I guess... if you're going to be PvE forever and never try out PvP. Otherwise you'd have to buy a reset to play PvP. Thing about DO is that... the hardcore PvPers will definitely PvE faster than people that purely main PvE. Reason being that it's more common that the PvPers will have a +15 or higher weapon, while PvEers wouldn't go that high... and if they go that high, the extra skills you added in would be like what, 1% faster than without them? maybe not even 1%.

#38 Gutek

Gutek

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 486 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 05:23 PM

Sure then, I guess... if you're going to be PvE forever and never try out PvP. Otherwise you'd have to buy a reset to play PvP. Thing about DO is that... the hardcore PvPers will definitely PvE faster than people that purely main PvE. Reason being that it's more common that the PvPers will have a +15 or higher weapon, while PvEers wouldn't go that high... and if they go that high, the extra skills you added in would be like what, 1% faster than without them? maybe not even 1%.

That i understand, but there will also be people with +15 Weapons who don't PvP. I mean im only arguing this from the point of the original guy i quoted. In terms of my opinion end game you might as well PvP since both are a joke. I mean as craazy as it sounds, i plan on maxing out every skill in the game :wah:. I set it that high so i don't get bored like last time.

Also, the idea that the best PvPers will be better PvEers, is true. The high tier PvP community in this game also dumps their cash in cash shop galore. The PvP of the game will never reach MLG, WCG status but there are people who are approaching the PvP of this game on that scale which is redonkulous.

The 1% thing, casual game. Casual > Competitive community, as well as in that community ,more competitive people PvP while more of the casual players PvE.

#39 Slayze

Slayze

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 05:45 PM

Here is my good friend's Bombardier build. He also plays geared towards PvE.

http://image-storage...155150515011000

Most of the 1-2 point skills are there simply for pre-reqs. Level 1 N2 Ammunition is there just for a crit damage spike. 10% crit damage for 25 skill points is ehhhh, iffy at best. Aerial flurry and Shootdown are used for survivability, as it allows him to stay in the air for a fairly long amount of time while cooling down. It will also allow him to combo right into Self Bomber and Nuclear Strike. Maxed Adrenaline is probably the most debatable decision, but I would have to say that 35% is far more significant than a Sentinel's 8%. His AAS goes very fast and allows us to clear mobs much quicker.

If anything changes, it would be dropping Adrenaline to 1 or 0, and investing into N2 Ammunition, since Bombardiers aren't really about launch & air damage. He mostly uses his AAS as an amplifier to my air-time damage as a Pathfinder.

N2 doesn't add critical damage.
It's possible to reach maximum AAS speed with level 1 adrenaline for a xbow.

I personally find aerial flurry pointless aside from dodging longer duration ground skills, but yea, it works I guess...?
Particle Cannon would definitely be better than nuclear for PvE though.

Oh, and for the PFs saying that 4th job's active skills are useless for PvE.
Ice Storm actually does a good deal of damage.

Edited by Slayze, 17 September 2010 - 05:46 PM.

#40 SharpEye

SharpEye

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 06:00 PM

If I'm not mistaken, your build is extremely focused on PvP, getting the bare minimums to work your way through PvE; the falcon skills, in which case your style of playing a Pathfinder is completely opposite of mine.

I responded to your comments(bolded) about skills in order to clarify my opinions & reasons for other people who may be reading.

Speaking in terms of PvE i would construct a build more like this....

http://image-storage...000000013100000

i don't know much in terms of fourth job, but i see from popularity alot of people put 3/1 in the awakening skills. IDK about the ult and you have alot of points left over

Let me reiterate my points since the both of you didn't get some of them.

@both of you
AAS needn't be maxed because the overall damage output is worse than launching, aasing to wait out cooldowns on launches. AAS is -not- your bread and butter. I'm sorry but you've been playing it wrong.

@Igami
Relaunch - you have plenty of relaunching skills, if there is ever a situation when all of them are on CD, you're doing it wrong

@Gutek
Shootdown - Direct copy and paste here. "Shootdown will probably be useless once the lag is increased." For further clarification consult http://forum.iahgame...ead.php?t=57725 under Change Details for Archers.
Rocket Launcher - Level 1 is required for Wolf Charge (which you should level to 5)

@both of you again
I don't know why either of you decided to exclude Multishot from PvE skill builds. It's still an impressive amount of burst damage

N2 doesn't add critical damage.
It's possible to reach maximum AAS speed with level 1 adrenaline for a xbow.

I personally find aerial flurry pointless aside from dodging longer duration ground skills, but yea, it works I guess...?
Particle Cannon would definitely be better than nuclear for PvE though.

Oh, and for the PFs saying that 4th job's active skills are useless for PvE.
Ice Storm actually does a good deal of damage.

How much is the damage compared to Blitz/Frenzy on a single target (because frankly, PFs shouldn't be doing mobbing anyways)

#41 Gutek

Gutek

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 486 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 06:16 PM

Let me reiterate my points since the both of you didn't get some of them.

@both of you
AAS needn't be maxed because the overall damage output is worse than launching, aasing to wait out cooldowns on launches. AAS is -not- your bread and butter. I'm sorry but you've been playing it wrong.

You will have left over points, you might as well point dump it, if you looked at following replys you'd see that. If its not bread and butter what would you say that you rely on for the first 40,45,50 levels as a pathfinder after launching something?

@Gutek
Shootdown - Direct copy and paste here. "Shootdown will probably be useless once the lag is increased." For further clarification consult http://forum.iahgame...ead.php?t=57725 under Change Details for Archers.
Rocket Launcher - Level 1 is required for Wolf Charge (which you should level to 5)

Didn't know about that your right, yellow card for me.
But, why rocket to level 5? Even without Shotdown (i don't have on my PF) i am skill perfectly fine with 3 launchers

@both of you again
I don't know why either of you decided to exclude Multishot from PvE skill builds. It's still an impressive amount of burst damage

It is single target and you would need to be in shotgun range, I kept it up until i became a pathfinder but at that point i was doing perfectly fine with my pokemons (Wolf and falcons). If you hit multiple targets you would need to be at a farther range, sacrificing damage, and the charge time on it is a bit slow in terms of the pace of skills in 40+ imo. But you can add it if you wish. I am not against it or for it.

How much is the damage compared to Blitz/Frenzy on a single target (because frankly, PFs shouldn't be doing mobbing anyways)

its a 2.5D game in which the majority of the skills in the game have some form of AoE potential, some more than others. Ofc PFs aren't the ones doing the mobbing but they are good set ups

#42 SharpEye

SharpEye

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 06:31 PM

Read clearly for Rocket. Level 1. Period.

Multishot is more useful as an SP dump than AAS. You can use it on the cooldowns for your launches on bosses. AAS damage is increased by a miniscule amount (2.0% * Base Weapon Attack) + 12 from the 4 level difference. With multishot you won't be stuck normal attacking a boss nearly as often but with more AAS levels all you'll be doing is doing that tiny amount more damage for those few seconds.

Situations where you'll need to hit more than a few enemies with either Falconry or 4th job skills don't arise if you're partying correctly. I'm asking to determine if the damage output from Ice Storm is worth the 100/125 SP tradeoff in situations you'll -actually- encounter.

#43 Gutek

Gutek

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 486 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 06:59 PM

Read clearly for Rocket. Level 1. Period.

Multishot is more useful as an SP dump than AAS. You can use it on the cooldowns for your launches on bosses. AAS damage is increased by a miniscule amount (2.0% * Base Weapon Attack) + 12 from the 4 level difference. With multishot you won't be stuck normal attacking a boss nearly as often but with more AAS levels all you'll be doing is doing that tiny amount more damage for those few seconds.

Situations where you'll need to hit more than a few enemies with either Falconry or 4th job skills don't arise if you're partying correctly. I'm asking to determine if the damage output from Ice Storm is worth the 100/125 SP tradeoff in situations you'll -actually- encounter.

Lol overlooked the rocket thing, thought you was implying, rocket to level 5 wolf 1

You will have enough to dump for both, you might as well, like i said, not for it, not against it

And i said i don't know much about the 4th job, so i just put 3/1 since i see alot of people doing it so im just going to say your right because i honestly dont know

#44 to0n

to0n

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1075 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 18 September 2010 - 01:27 PM

I just wanted to make a Grenadier/Howitzer build because I didn't like how Sheol's build branched focused a little too much on PvP and less on PvE.

My Howitzer build(focuses more on PvE, but I guess it could suffice for casual PvP)

Spoiler

Idk...I have no clue what I'm doing. How should I know? Sheol has probably twice the upper tier experience than me. o_o
Posted Image

I'd get a higher rising arrow and 5/5 adrenaline. I haven't had the chance to test out the 4th class skills so I won't comment on that.

No passive for H.E? Also flashbang either 1,3, or 5.

#45 oAya

oAya

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 18 September 2010 - 03:17 PM

Aya's Shammy Build (PVE/PVP)
http://image-storage...010151015110000

Spoiler

Aya's Shammy Build (Full Support X Spammer)
http://image-storage...030151015110000

Spoiler

Edited by oAya, 24 September 2010 - 01:41 PM.

#46 iceranger

iceranger

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1387 posts
  • LocationPallet Town
  • Server:...

Posted 21 September 2010 - 02:24 PM

Thing about DO is that... the hardcore PvPers will definitely PvE faster than people that purely main PvE. Reason being that it's more common that the PvPers will have a +15 or higher weapon.

+15 is common lol?

#47 SharpEye

SharpEye

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 03:18 PM

+15 is common lol?

Someone doesn't know about comparatives

#48 iceranger

iceranger

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1387 posts
  • LocationPallet Town
  • Server:...

Posted 21 September 2010 - 04:44 PM

Someone doesn't know me

facepalm

Edited by iceranger, 21 September 2010 - 04:45 PM.

#49 Hawly

Hawly

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 784 posts
  • LocationSaint Mary - RS, Brazil

Posted 21 September 2010 - 04:55 PM

facepalm

u juz mad cuz he pwnd u

#50 Kazra

Kazra

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 09:19 AM

I consider Sentinels "useless" because 4th job awakening skills are not reliable. Plus, you won't have many opportunities to use those ground skills since they don't knockdown or launch, and take a bit to startup. And you can netlock easily without them, so lol. The ASPD and Hookshot may help a bit, but meh. This is from a PvP view, PvE, do whatever you want. Get it for fun, sure.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users