60 replies to this topic

#1 Nickib

Nickib

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 30 May 2012 - 04:42 AM

I would like to start this by saying, The quest is unfair to some people.

What happens if the person doing it is no good at maths or have learning disabilities.

I think the fact you have put such a confusing maths quest is shameful.

Btw for all you that think i posted this because i am one of them, i have done the quest already.
I just think its unfair and who ever made this quest, gd idea but whats with the complex maths questions.

Throughout me doing this quest no1 ingame helped anyone, me and my husband done it together.

Below find the ammount you need to kill for the final exams: Mathmatics

Spoiler

Do not kill anything else or anymore than this ammount, or you will fail and have to start all over again.

Kind regards

#2 SirSlayer

SirSlayer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1638 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 30 May 2012 - 05:10 AM

Complex math questions? Are you kidding me? First of all it is basic P E M D A S (Please Excuse My Dear Aunt Sally / Parenthesis Exponents Multiplication Division Addition Subtraction), otherly known as the Order of Operations. This is 5th-6th grade BASIC math algebra (the same age range this game is advertised to be for... 10+). There is nothing complex about this, and I'm quite sure when I was in school, even the students with learning disabilities were still taught this.

There is nothing shameful about this. At least this quest finally makes you think about what you are doing, rather than other quests where people just spam click through the text just to get to the next part.

Edited by SirSlayer, 30 May 2012 - 05:12 AM.

#3 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 30 May 2012 - 05:12 AM

I learned those things when I was 10, I highly doubt anyone wouldn't be able to understand.

#4 enzomilano

enzomilano

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 214 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 30 May 2012 - 05:19 AM

i think it's great for ROSE to expose us with these kinds of things.. especially to our younger players. let them learn, and learning is most efficient when it is fun. it helps exercise the mind. :D so yeah, i dont see your point, for challenges helps us grow.

Who knows, maybe some kid out there might actually learn something. :) just saying

#5 SirSlayer

SirSlayer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1638 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 30 May 2012 - 05:23 AM

Also whether or not "buffsetting" is a glitch, it has been a part of this game for a long while now. That being said, this level of math is no difference than piecing together parts of your gear and jewelries to do things like buffset. I could think of a lot of things in this game that are on the same basic level here of doing things, that should maybe be deleted from the game in your eyes, because of its.... difficulty? I'm really not trying to be mean here, but I just don't get how we finally get a quest that is a tad more in depth than the rest of them, and you say it's shameful. :/ Sorry I just don't get it.

#6 Cloudius

Cloudius

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 30 May 2012 - 06:13 AM

I do not see any wrong with including math or whatever subject in quests. It was actually basic, though I respect your opinion. People with those things you say should not be playing MMO's without parental guidance or should not be playing this game in the first place (not that I am limiting people for the purpose of limiting).

#7 Nickib

Nickib

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 06:28 AM

I see all your points, altho the fact that yes most or all of us are infact taught this.
You obviously don't understand my point in general.

It's a game at the end of the day.
Yes i agree its a good learning experience for teaching people.

You are obviously smart so use your brain and look at it from someone elses head who can't work it out.
I met a few people on here today that had no clue what to do, so i raised it!!

You obviously don't understand the concept of learning difficulites.
Someone with dyslexia would find such an easy task for me and you very hard.

That has nothing at all to do with playing rose.
Square root for example is not used in buffsets or any gears so i have no clue where you got that from.

I never posted this to cause upraw, i posted this to make people aware and to help out people who are infact struggling.

It is just my opinion.

Btw i was never taugh sqare root till secondary school:p
Obviuosly different countries have dif ways of learning...

Maybe people should take that into concept also!! xD

#8 IchigoXitachi

IchigoXitachi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 206 posts
  • LocationSunny England

Posted 30 May 2012 - 06:33 AM

I wasn't taught algebra / Maths at that level in school, don't forget we're in different country's with different expectations of educational levels.

I for one had a difficult time trying to find out the answer with this ( simple for you ) mathematical question, I even had to google the square root question lol.

If its easy for you, that doesn't necessarily mean that its easy for everyone else.

that should maybe be deleted from the game in your eyes, because of its.... difficulty?

You can't compare some simple tasks which we learn from a "game" in comparison with real life situations -.-

I can understand the "idea" of using maths to make people actually think about a quest rather than just as aforementioned "spam click" through npc dialogues, it makes the quest more interesting, however you also have to take into due consideration, some people are going to struggle, the best we can do is help them, not question there mathematical experience or undermine it in any way, doing so just makes you out to be rather biased imo.

Edited by IchigoXitachi, 30 May 2012 - 06:36 AM.

#9 SirSlayer

SirSlayer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1638 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 30 May 2012 - 06:45 AM

So because some people have a disability or slower with math that means they shouldn't put it in the game? That is like saying you shouldn't make the game flashy cause it might cause a seizure. Or they should offer the text of this game in all languages because people are from different places. This is NArose, North American rose. So of course they will base what they do with this game off of their country. Jrose doesn't accompany americans in their game, heck you can't even play Jrose if you are from North America. I still don't see your logic what so ever.

I understand the part that they should gear what they do towards everyone, I'm all for that. But a math problem of this caliber is not hard for anyone in anyone country to learn, even with a disability. Like you said, the worst comes to it, you can google the answer. This isn't some mathematical theory that only Harvard students can decipher lol.

Learning difficulties doesn't play in the matter here to me at all. If you can download, install the game, and learn to play. You can learn this as well.

Like the saying goes "its not rocket science" lol.

#10 Dirtyarry

Dirtyarry

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 672 posts
  • Locationlos christianos
  • Server:siren

Posted 30 May 2012 - 06:50 AM

Again slayer is right on the money, this is very basic maths and ppl who have learning difficulties have the ability to ask "dude how did you get the answer?"
and 8/10 ppl doing the quest will tell them, yes 2/10 will possible say" wtf DUMB4SS" but this is life .
lets not dumb down this game its a very straight forward mmo.

Edited by Dirtyarry, 30 May 2012 - 06:51 AM.

#11 Nickib

Nickib

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 06:53 AM

So because some people have a disability or slower with math that means they shouldn't put it in the game? That is like saying you shouldn't make the game flashy cause it might cause a seizure. Or they should offer the text of this game in all languages because people are from different places. This is NArose, North American rose. So of course they will base what they do with this game off of their country. Jrose doesn't accompany americans in their game, heck you can't even play Jrose if you are from North America. I still don't see your logic what so ever.

I understand the part that they should gear what they do towards everyone, I'm all for that. But a math problem of this caliber is not hard for anyone in anyone country to learn, even with a disability. Like you said, the worst comes to it, you can google the answer. This isn't some mathematical theory that only Harvard students can decipher lol.

Learning difficulties doesn't play in the matter here to me at all. If you can download, install the game, and learn to play. You can learn this as well.

Like the saying goes "its not rocket science" lol.

I've never said delete it, you obviously read what you want to and not actually what's written.
Making yourself sound like a smart person with your answer's.

Just makes you look like your taking the mick out of people.

1stly you don't need maths to download a game:
2ndly You don't need algabra to use rose in general or any maths.

If you actually google what dyslexia actaully is, you will find you might learn something.

This post was to make people aware and to help the people that struggle if you can't do that then i'd suggest you not post.

All your doing is making yourself out to be a jerk!.

#12 Dirtyarry

Dirtyarry

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 672 posts
  • Locationlos christianos
  • Server:siren

Posted 30 May 2012 - 06:57 AM

I've never said delete it, you obviously read what you want to and not actually what's written.
Making yourself sound like a smart person with your answer's.

Just makes you look like your taking the mick out of people.

1stly you don't need maths to download a game:
2ndly You don't need algabra to use rose in general or any maths.

If you actually google what dyslexia actaully is, you will find you might learn something.

This post was to make people aware and to help the people that struggle if you can't do that then i'd suggest you not post.

All your doing is making yourself out to be a jerk!.

so why not just post the answer without the drama of learning difficulties?
like anyone on the forums will give a *^^*
or PM a GM there the ppl your trying to reach

#13 Nickib

Nickib

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 06:59 AM

Again slayer is right on the money, this is very basic maths and ppl who have learning difficulties have the ability to ask "dude how did you get the answer?"
and 8/10 ppl doing the quest will tell them, yes 2/10 will possible say" wtf DUMB4SS" but this is life .
lets not dumb down this game its a very straight forward mmo.

Like i said before, people were struggling no1 was helping them at all so that comment is not true is it.

If people actually helped them i would not have posted here, and like i said in some countries its not basic Maths:

Congrats to where u learnt but here in England we learn all that algabra when we are 15 16 Leave school at 16.

The maths idea was great but square roots and stuff thats what i found shocking. End of the day it was just my opinion. None of you have actually looked at the reason behind why i wrote it.

Seems like ur all just here to-_- at me: Go ahead i dc to be honest, fact is like i said.
What some people find easy is hard to others.

When i done this quest no1 helped anyone, they were init for themself.
So asking around made no difference for them!

I am asking people to help others not slate them or ignore them because they don't know what to do.

Kind regards

Edited by Nickib, 30 May 2012 - 07:02 AM.

#14 IchigoXitachi

IchigoXitachi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 206 posts
  • LocationSunny England

Posted 30 May 2012 - 06:59 AM

So because some people have a disability or slower with math that means they shouldn't put it in the game?

I think you missed the point MoMo was trying to get at here, and as you can quite clearly see she posted the answer in here to allow players who "do not" know the answer to find it, unfortunately now, due to you inability to understand where she was coming from, this thread has now become a sort of disagreement between parties, what you should have done is pm'ed her with your opinions rather than filling up this thread with your disagreements.

That is like saying you shouldn't make the game flashy cause it might cause a seizure.

There is a warning stating that epileptical users should take care I believe

This is NArose, North American rose. So of course they will base what they do with this game off of their country.

Not to sound racist ( and i do have many american friends ) but that above quote is spoken like a true american :)

heck you can't even play Jrose if you are from North America. I still don't see your logic what so ever.

You can if you know how.

But a math problem of this caliber is not hard for anyone in anyone country to learn, even with a disability.

So I Take it you have traversed this fine planet, visited: Malaysia, The Phillipines, Indonesia, Korea, The United Kingdom, Germany, France, and have based this statement on your views of every country's individual educational expectations? And as for your view on "even with a disability", I'm pretty sure its a lot harder for some one with an even mild case of dyslexia to be able to even comprehend the question let alone understand its answer. This post was made for awareness, not argumentative debates based on educational requirements or lack of the aforementioned.

I agree, however some people struggle, the intention of the OP was purely to make aware to others 1. the answer and 2. how hard it can be for other players.

#15 SirSlayer

SirSlayer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1638 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:04 AM

You just answered your own remarks. You don't understand it, you can google it. You will find you might just learn something. Even basic algebra.

I like how you try to take that stab at me by saying I'm trying to "act smart" but in reality there is nothing :"smart" about basic algebra. It's simple. I know what dyslexia is. Fact still is, they can still figure out the problem many ways... ask a friend to help, a person with dyslexia can still work through the problem, or ask a friend, or google it. If I was dyslexic and was in that type of situation, I wouldn't feel offended or tell people they should be ashamed, I would ask a friend or google it if I can, work through it.

Life is about pushing forward and trying your best, not giving excuses because of the things you can/cannot help that hold you/could hold you back in life.

#16 maldini

maldini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1675 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:05 AM

for this quest... do we need to kill those woopie using low lvl char? or we can kill using our max lvl char?

#17 Nickib

Nickib

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:07 AM

so why not just post the answer without the drama of learning difficulties?
like anyone on the forums will give a *^^*
or PM a GM there the ppl your trying to reach

What!!! Read the post... Why would i PM a Gm when i'm asking the public to help others with the quest!!! Dude seriously...

Like i said read it i even posted the answers in here, if you wanna slate me for wanting to help then go for it, what does that say for you?

#18 SirSlayer

SirSlayer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1638 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:08 AM

There is a warning stating that epileptical users should take care I believe

Not to sound racist ( and i do have many american friends ) but that above quote is spoken like a true american :)

1. so they should put warnings that there are mathematical questions in this game then too? To warn people?

2. It is not "racist" at all. If you owned a company, wouldn't you base that company and your product off its main source of income? Or maybe base it off of where you are from? I'm also quite sure this version of ROSE is very international as some ROSE games you can only play in that country, for example again...Jrose. So I think they cater to people a lot already in this game.

Edited by SirSlayer, 30 May 2012 - 07:12 AM.

#19 Nickib

Nickib

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:10 AM

for this quest... do we need to kill those woopie using low lvl char? or we can kill using our max lvl char?

No i used my high level to do the quest :P

Kind Regards

#20 maldini

maldini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1675 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:11 AM

No i used my high level to do the quest :P

Kind Regards

i have been killing lots of little woopie... so far no luck :(

#21 Nickib

Nickib

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:16 AM

1. so they should put warnings that there are mathematical questions in this game then too? To warn people?

2. It is not "racist" at all. If you owned a company, wouldn't you base that company and your product off its main source of income? Or maybe base it off of where you are from? I'm also quite sure this version of ROSE is very multinational as some ROSE games you can only play in that country, for example again...Jrose. So I think they cater to people a lot already in this game.

You created in your own imagination what i wrote this post for.
Posted aload of nonsense which has nothing to do with it.

It's about helping others to a quest not get off the subject and fill it will stuff people don't wanna read.

I thought helping other's was a good thing not bad:p I guess i was extremly wrong. (Lol)
Seen as none of you have even posted anything saying about helping.
Your all thinking of how smart you are, and not thinking of other's who aint. xD

Kind Regards

#22 Nickib

Nickib

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:17 AM

Whats your In game name? I'll come help you.

#23 IchigoXitachi

IchigoXitachi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 206 posts
  • LocationSunny England

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:18 AM

You just answered your own remarks. You don't understand it, you can google it. You will find you might just learn something. Even basic algebra.

Not everyone thinks in that way though, and the question which was asked ( maths part of the quest ) was quite difficult for me and a few others, you cant even google the 1st part of it as its just way too complex for google to understand.

I like how you try to take that stab at me by saying I'm trying to "act smart" but in reality there is nothing :"smart" about basic algebra. It's simple.

Please read up before you post, again: "Not everyone learns this" ( too many factors to include )

Life is about pushing forward and trying your best, not giving excuses because of the things you can/cannot help that hold you/could hold you back in life.

I love it when people desperately try to compare ROSE ( a game remember ) to real life situations...

No but at least have a common awareness of people out there who might struggle with this type of math question =.=
A simple question of 5x5/5+5-5 would of sufficed imho.

2. It is not "racist" at all. If you owned a company, wouldn't you base that company and your product off its main source of income? Or maybe base it off of where you are from?

No I'd based my company and its assets which appeal to the most players at which the game is aimed at ( age rating, the initial server, the area from which the original game came from and many other factors ) Saying that the US is ROSE's main source of income is hard to believe, and i dont think you have the years sales sheets sent to you from Gravity on a annual basis, I would of thought the Eastern players ( indo and Philli ) were the highest of donators if you asked me :)

ROSE games you can only play in that country, for example again...Jrose.

Again....And I'm dropping the subject on it now as your borderline advertising another server, "you CAN play this server if you know how"

Please lets just leave this thread as its turning into an all out major disagreement and I do not have the time to keep opening your eyes to what the OP is trying to state.

#24 SirSlayer

SirSlayer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1638 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:18 AM

What help should be provided? You are the one who started this post saying they should be ashamed. That's just rude to begin with.

#25 Nickib

Nickib

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:20 AM

Spoiler

No more than this:

Or you will have to start all over and be there all day.
I am MoMoBuff whisper me in game i will come and help you xD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users