Will pre-renewal server have Stat resets? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 4 votes

Will pre-renewal server have Stat resets?

• Please log in to reply
145 replies to this topic

#1 idonothaveanname

idonothaveanname

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 775 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 13 June 2012 - 10:16 PM

I myself would not like there to be stat resets. But I am just one person. Thoughts on this?
This is vital information for how we start the game. If there are resets I will take the PvM spec right off the back. But if there is not, which I would prefer, then I will start my class with its specific unique build. A Pure forger or pure potter for example. Even a WoE trapping hunter or full support priest. Need to know this before server starts!!!

#2 Bestie

Bestie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 937 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 13 June 2012 - 10:18 PM

maybe just the one that lets u restat when u r non trans under lvl 40 :) gives them FS aco''s a little help and such ^_^ and for oopsies. But otherwise I agree

#3 wonka

wonka

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts
  • LocationTamaulipas, Mexico~
  • Server:Loki>Ymir>Chaos~

Posted 14 June 2012 - 04:05 AM

i dont know i dont really think we need any reset, some of us already know what class are we playing, the build, and the eq/cards we're gonna farm so i dont think we need any reset till trans patch comes up

#4 Youkulm

Youkulm

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 149 posts
  • LocationChicago, USA
  • Server:Classic

Posted 14 June 2012 - 04:11 AM

I don't think this is needed at all. Like Wonka said most people surely know the class they're going to play well enough that they shouldn't need resets.

#5 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA
  • Server:Chaos, Classic

Posted 14 June 2012 - 04:13 AM

Spoiled too much with stat resets on Renewal. Should make it a risk/reward thing like it used to be.

#6 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 14 June 2012 - 04:39 AM

No stat resets please. All that spoiled bullsh!t needs to stay off that server.

#7 Zinja

Zinja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2348 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 04:46 AM

Well If they dont have it at first , they will soon introduce it after ppl qq. Imagine the slap on the face of people who try to level pure builds only to find out the guy who 99 fist just reset to the perfect stat build for the forger.

#8 Rumm

Rumm

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 04:51 AM

I don't think this is needed at all. Like Wonka said most people surely know the class they're going to play well enough that they shouldn't need resets.

have you ever played a full support sage? It's impossible to level without leeching. Stat resets make this and many other builds possible.

#9 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 14 June 2012 - 04:54 AM

No stat resets please. All that spoiled bullsh!t needs to stay off that server.

QFT! I miss messing up my stats/skills and starting over. Trial and error was a great way to teach yourself about your class back in prerenewal.

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 14 June 2012 - 04:54 AM.

#10 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 June 2012 - 06:28 AM

have you ever played a full support sage? It's impossible to level without leeching. Stat resets make this and many other builds possible.

I played one. This was when a full support sage was rare because they were hard to level (rather, only possible through leeching). I don't think the answer to this is to make stat resets available, because that just makes it so you choose the most efficient build to hit 99, and then you stat reset to a WoE build. What needs to be done is make partying more attractive.

#11 Anazelle

Anazelle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 155 posts
  • LocationParis, France

Posted 14 June 2012 - 06:32 AM

They're way more useful than bolter sages, wizards are here to do much better than 'em. FS Sages avoid their team's wiped out.

According to me, a Stat reset may be cool. It enables people to have fake builds to PvE and level until they reach 99. With this, when new equipments will come we'll be able to avoid mistimed builds.

Edited by Anazelle, 14 June 2012 - 06:35 AM.

#12 Zodiac89

Zodiac89

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 326 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 14 June 2012 - 06:33 AM

I don't mind the old VAS stat reset where you could reset 20 stat points every 3 months. No one is going to completely reset all of their stats and make a completely new build, but it serves to fix minor mistakes from brain farts or misclicks. If 3 months is too often, they could make it a 6 month cooldown or even a one time per character thing. Thoughts?

Edited by Zodiac89, 14 June 2012 - 06:39 AM.

#13 Shinobi

Shinobi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 335 posts
  • LocationSakray > Iris >Ymir
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 14 June 2012 - 06:33 AM

What needs to be done is make partying more attractive.

^This

#14 Breeg

Breeg

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 300 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 14 June 2012 - 06:37 AM

I really dislike stat resets. What used to make RO special was that characters were all different and unique. Few people had the exact same builds and different builds were made for different environments. You would make a woe sage for example and say you're a dex/vit sage, not make a sage and switch builds daily. If they need to sell stat resets to make profit, just do those 20point resets that allow fixing minor mistakes but people can't just go from one build to another.

#15 Anazelle

Anazelle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 155 posts
  • LocationParis, France

Posted 14 June 2012 - 06:37 AM

That's fun because, whatever it will be players will conform themselves.

#16 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 06:40 AM

I really dislike stat resets. What used to make RO special was that characters were all different and unique. Few people had the exact same builds and different builds were made for different environments. You would make a woe sage for example and say you're a dex/vit sage, not make a sage and switch builds daily. If they need to sell stat resets to make profit, just do those 20point resets that allow fixing minor mistakes but people can't just go from one build to another.

This. Stat resets take that away from RO.

#17 Zodiac89

Zodiac89

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 326 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 14 June 2012 - 06:42 AM

I played one. This was when a full support sage was rare because they were hard to level (rather, only possible through leeching). I don't think the answer to this is to make stat resets available, because that just makes it so you choose the most efficient build to hit 99, and then you stat reset to a WoE build. What needs to be done is make partying more attractive.

I definitely agree with this. I don't want to see a bunch of people going GC sader, leveling at chivalry, getting a good amount of raydric and khalitzburg cards. And then when they hit 99 they just reset and go a vit/dex sac build instead because they want to be useful in WoE. This is not intuitive as it will create an abundance of players with builds that are hard to level to 99. It used to be pretty awesome having a 99 sac sader or 99 FS sage.

#18 Anazelle

Anazelle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 155 posts
  • LocationParis, France

Posted 14 June 2012 - 06:45 AM

Dude, whatever you are when you have a connected guild it's not hard to hit 99. The guild's principles are pretty cool : every body needs every body to really be effective.

#19 TheUraharaShop

TheUraharaShop

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 962 posts
  • Server:My Dreams + Loki

Posted 14 June 2012 - 06:50 AM

If it cost a whole lot of money to reset your stats like 30 bucks that would make the players who really want it will pay for it. But the land of reality, the way it is now is great, It should shift away from that since most of the Stat Resets/Reallocation was for older players who had those "Odd" stats in really "odd" places. Since on this server is starting off with a lot of great players who know the in's and out's it really wont be needed. To really push away with it, if there is more talk about the skills, the stats you get will be adversely affect. So if you're a Two Handed Swordsman you'll get AGI more than VIT and if you're a Speak Knight, you'll get VIT more than AGI.

#20 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 14 June 2012 - 07:11 AM

We got stat/skill calculators all over the place on the web. There's no reason to have these resets. We aren't babies anymore. We are capable of making sound judgments.

#21 Anazelle

Anazelle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 155 posts
  • LocationParis, France

Posted 14 June 2012 - 07:13 AM

Problem's not judgement, problem's server's future contents : it makes non-sense to create a build according to future things to come, you can't do optimized builds ike that.

#22 TheUraharaShop

TheUraharaShop

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 962 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 07:27 AM

Problem's not judgement, problem's server's future contents : it makes non-sense to create a build according to future things to come, you can't do optimized builds ike that.

That's a premature assessment. Most of the gear that really pushed to have your stats shaved was gear targeted towards and mainly Trans only Characters or changes due to Balancing/Nerfing Patches. If you're looking to optimize your build non-trans, there is only a handful of equipment that can achieve that and in most cases; you've already planed your build around the said equipment.

By the time the time the Trans Only gear is released, players would have already get the chance to get a fresh start due to the Transcendent Job Change quest.

It's not as if we dont know the gear that existed pre and post trans class release. If that were the case, that argument could be made.

Edited by TheUraharaShop, 14 June 2012 - 07:30 AM.

#23 Anazelle

Anazelle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 155 posts
  • LocationParis, France

Posted 14 June 2012 - 07:31 AM

Of course, I spoke about when Trans Classes would be implemented ; because nothing announces there will be the whole content available at this moment.

#24 TheUraharaShop

TheUraharaShop

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 962 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 07:36 AM

Even if they are released, we already know all the Equipment that your class and build will use out side of the release of Cash Shop Items like the Red Hat. Great Item, but there shouldn't pay for stat shaving to enable that player to make to make better use of that item, that would be Pay to Win, and many players are against it.

Many discussions only seem to be that players are against things that take away their advantage for better or worse. So it's expected that many players who say "No Pay to Play" will pay for this service to gain a better advantage with the use of a Cash Shop Item.

#25 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 14 June 2012 - 07:39 AM

optimzed builds always required leeching and more effort than those that were not. just do it the way before with 20 stats / every so and so (but quicker than the old 1 reset / 3 months. you really shouldnt be able to lvl a dex/agi dancer and then reset out to vit/agi in one go. you pay the price relatively to want a great build.

QFT! I miss messing up my stats/skills and starting over. Trial and error was a great way to teach yourself about your class back in prerenewal.

you say this and then you say there are tons of stat/skill calcs out there so you shoulnd't mess up. no one should have messed up a stat/skill progression back then as there were so many resources to get things right.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users