Will pre-renewal server have Stat resets? - Page 3 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 4 votes

Will pre-renewal server have Stat resets?

• Please log in to reply
145 replies to this topic

#51 holatuwol

holatuwol

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 226 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 15 June 2012 - 07:17 AM

Correction: It's absolutely impossible to get level 10 mercs so you can use them constantly unless they put them in lucky boxes.

Or until they enable battlegrounds... unless they finally fixed that loyalty bugging.

#52 cybernetic

cybernetic

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2300 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 June 2012 - 07:39 AM

Stat resets really hurts 'group leveled characters'; brewers, forgers, and 'pure support' builds.

Adding stat resets destroys the effort and the accomplishment of these characters. Previously it took the effort of a group of players (or a very dedicated individual) to create a pure-brew biochemist and necessary support characters (gospel, pure-brew gypsy, etc).

Allowing stat resets makes this significantly easier, and removes the sense of accomplishment.

In all honesty, however, the only desire for these characters is not the desire of an individual - but of a group of players, simply because the rank listing is competitive enough to make maintaining the character difficult. Suddenly, it is no longer beneficial (even with infinite gear/funds) to have a "private brewer" - its simply easier to obtain the potions from a guild member or allied guild.

I don't see the need for stat resets when groups of players have succeeded in creating these characters in the past and succeeding to the extent that WoE, PvE, and the alchemist/forger/TKM rankings have been highly competitive. If a group decides to put forth the effort to maximize efficiency for one aspect of the game they should be rewarded for it.

THE GR8 KOKO!!

#53 ExplosPlankton

ExplosPlankton

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 331 posts
  • LocationGeorgia
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:42 AM

My vote is to allow stat resets. It should be costly to do so but not allowing it at all is just frustrating. I want to have the option to level with a pvm build then reset my stats/skills at max lvl for woe. Some woe builds arent viable in pvm and require you to leech to 99 which just sucks.

#54 Maux

Maux

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 247 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Classic

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:59 AM

That's why you should plan ahead what do you really want. I don't want a reset system, but it won't be the end of the world if they make this happen. But at least if there is, it should be very costly so people don't run around changing builds everyday.

#55 Zodiac89

Zodiac89

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 326 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:08 AM

That's why you should plan ahead what do you really want. I don't want a reset system, but it won't be the end of the world if they make this happen. But at least if there is, it should be very costly so people don't run around changing builds everyday.

People don't want complete stat resets because they don't plan ahead, that's exactly the opposite. People want stat resets so they can level characters with optimized leveling builds and then reset at 99 to a WoE build which is less efficient or requires leeching to get to 99. In other words, people wants easy mode activated. I think it's ridiculous if people are allowed to level a TU priest with a luck/dex/int build to 99 in two weeks and then reset to dex/vit/int for WoE. Same goes for leveling a GC sader and switching to WoE/support/sac, leveling an int/dex scholar and then switching to FS vit/dex scholar for WoE at 99.

People who want those kinds of builds should earn them. What used to be great about RO is that almost every character was unique. It should be that way again imo.

My vote is to allow stat resets. It should be costly to do so but not allowing it at all is just frustrating. I want to have the option to level with a pvm build then reset my stats/skills at max lvl for woe. Some woe builds arent viable in pvm and require you to leech to 99 which just sucks.

See my comment above this quote.

#56 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:10 AM

This is where you get help from your guild or leech yourself. Certain classes and builds aren't meant to solo in PvM and if you want to adopt such a build, you should be willing to pay the price to adopt it.

#57 Kiryu

Kiryu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2092 posts
  • LocationLily of Elon -Crystal Desert
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows - GW2

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:20 AM

I don't mind the old VAS stat reset where you could reset 20 stat points every 3 months. No one is going to completely reset all of their stats and make a completely new build, but it serves to fix minor mistakes from brain farts or misclicks. If 3 months is too often, they could make it a 6 month cooldown or even a one time per character thing. Thoughts?

I thought it was a six month cooldown... and the VAS was for account if i'm not wrong so just using on a char will make all the rest unqualified for the same service for the period of time.

We got stat/skill calculators all over the place on the web. There's no reason to have these resets. We aren't babies anymore. We are capable of making sound judgments.

Problem is sometimes the misclick or whatever reason, pre-renewal this happened to me, after 16 hour grinding, I was so tired that I missclick and put str in place of agi... That time I was able to get a gm to remove the stats but took around two weeks for it to happen.

I remember VAS open pretty much because of tickets like that were asking for full reset on trans or a misclick for any X reason.

I want it to have stat resets. Not having them was an archaic limitation and design choice from a bygone age. Classic RO should have some modern amenities. A full reset being purchasable every 3 months is what I'd vote for.

That is too much... is pretty easy to just level close to 90+ in certain classes on three months in pvm before changing to full support after. And then you can play this role in a big party at a good spot for leeching... I sound mean but this is possible since by the time I got used to pre-renewal it took me three months to reach 80+ on a char without any gear or zeny before turn ins pre-renewal.

Pre-Renewal didnt have resets or whatever for years (just that limited non-full stat realoc as VAS)

So NO, period.

Actually the only full one was for trans and that was a deleveling one since chars became 1/1 trans and was by nagging the gms and sometimes will take a few months before the yes.

I remember seeing people replan all the build to perfection once they got the yes.

Stat reset in a pre-renewal environment is imbalanced especially in WoE field. Should stay away definitely. My guild had specialized supporting chars and they were leeched up all the way since leveling them in normal means was hard and it paid off at the end. That’s the unique part about RO why would anyone want to get rid of it?

Yup, this is the way I also remember because of subs and the time when dual clienting was forbidden that we had a closer relationship with guildies.

Edited by Kiryu, 15 June 2012 - 11:20 AM.

#58 Aaronnn

Aaronnn

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 752 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:20 AM

The old version stat reset of 20 points every few months or so was fine. However I don't see the big deal, and how you are all talking about needing to leech WoE specialized characters, because in most cases, leeching 60-99 is the fastest way regardless. ( Trans Characters )

I also think a small stat reset like the old way they had it is necessary because, as new gear comes out, it would be optimal to tweak your build a few stats every now and then.
Example: hitting a str bonus on a sinx, or hitting the same str bonus with less str and getting more agi

Edited by Aaronnn, 15 June 2012 - 11:25 AM.

#59 TrashBag

TrashBag

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 376 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 15 June 2012 - 06:06 PM

for those that are stuck in the past, please note that one one else except for u masochistic, no one else wants to re level the same character to 99 again.

#60 Niji

Niji

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2701 posts
  • Locationhell
  • Server:classic!!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 06:10 PM

y not i did that 4 times

ooh and i defiantly would say i'm more of a sadist.

Edited by Niji, 15 June 2012 - 06:11 PM.

#61 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 06:15 PM

for those that are stuck in the past, please note that one one else except for u masochistic, no one else wants to re level the same character to 99 again.

Don't make a mistake the first time then.

#62 idonothaveanname

idonothaveanname

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 775 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 June 2012 - 06:36 PM

Not everyone is an Optimist. I am sure you will find your happy place in the RO world just like we all do though :D. I'd re level serveral characters to 99 again. All in one sitting? Hell no. But over time? Gladly.

#63 Unifan

Unifan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 711 posts
  • Server:Private Server

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:57 PM

a 1 time stat reset would be nice

#64 fasthands

fasthands

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 438 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:04 PM

no, it is unfair to the players to NOT have stat resets/skill resets in a game that revolves around the gear that is available to the players.......and when this gear is constantly changing and new gear is constantly being implemented through things such as box events, this makes changes that will break people's optimized builds.

the 20 stat points every 3 month system was pretty good, i would prefer something like 10 stat points every month personally though.

i also wouldn't mind a full reset anyways, because lets be honest......the fastest ways to level characters in this game are leeching and mercenarys (generally) where your build means nothing anyways.

Edited by fasthands, 15 June 2012 - 10:05 PM.

#65 Scott

Scott

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1590 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 03:41 AM

I wonder how everyone would feel about purchasable 20 stat point resets every 3 months, and a full blown reset every 6? A character could only then have 2 builds a year, and it allows for characters to be future-proof. I think it'd be terrible to see an out of date build become a worthless slot, or even deleted because the metagame changes with content patches.

EG: Character created on the the first of January, not eligible for a reset until the first of April, which would be a 20 point reset. Following that, they're not eligible for a full reset until the first of July, and then they could get another 20 point reset on the first of October.

Edited by Scott, 16 June 2012 - 03:43 AM.

#66 Kokotewa

Kokotewa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 05:00 AM

no, it is unfair to the players to NOT have stat resets/skill resets in a game that revolves around the gear that is available to the players.......and when this gear is constantly changing and new gear is constantly being implemented through things such as box events, this makes changes that will break people's optimized builds.

While I would agree that having gear introduced that re-creates the way players build their characters is unfortunate, although it shouldn't be a true reality.

All items that will exist on a pre-renewal server through monster drops are already known.
Having the 'best in slot' item through boxes is horrible design, and I really hope the GM team learned from the last time they did it.

Using stat resets (a pay-to-use service) to counter boxes (another pay-to-use service) is not where I would like to be.

#67 Breeg

Breeg

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 300 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 16 June 2012 - 05:34 AM

I wonder how everyone would feel about purchasable 20 stat point resets every 3 months, and a full blown reset every 6? A character could only then have 2 builds a year, and it allows for characters to be future-proof. I think it'd be terrible to see an out of date build become a worthless slot, or even deleted because the metagame changes with content patches.

EG: Character created on the the first of January, not eligible for a reset until the first of April, which would be a 20 point reset. Following that, they're not eligible for a full reset until the first of July, and then they could get another 20 point reset on the first of October.

It doesn't matter how long the cooldown is. All you need is one reset and you're good. Your pure pvm build turns into a WoE build without any effort.

fasthand's 10 stat points reset every month sounds a lot better. It's enough to fix minor mistakes(if you need that once a month, you should probably play a game that doesn't allow players to pick their stats, goddamn) and slight changes in builds if new items are introduced or obtained. You could even change an entire build over time, but it doesn't happen overnight like with full resets.

#68 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 05:46 AM

What gear is changing? We already know about all the gear available to us.

#69 Zinja

Zinja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2348 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 06:05 AM

This information should be made known well before the server launches as it is a major game changer. IF there aren't going to be any resets it should be set in stone . to not thwart the efforts of others who struggled to level pure builds.

#70 TrashBag

TrashBag

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 376 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 06:16 AM

the game probably wouldn't last another year without kafra items.

#71 Zinja

Zinja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2348 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 06:24 AM

the game probably wouldn't last another year without kafra items.

we might get all the same kafra gear that we already do have on renewal servers.

I For one would love to have a gear to fix that horrible animation glitch of arrow vulcan.

#72 TrashBag

TrashBag

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 376 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 07:02 AM

I just dont c how a international with population of roughty 5000 with 1/2 being bot can survive much longer.

#73 Taper

Taper

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 11:58 AM

Don't forget about the NPC in Prontera that will give you unlimited reset your stats and skills as long as you're under job level 40 (or was it 30?). It's been there for long time, sometime during the early episodes to help players who weren't satsified with their early builds. Because the resets were done at very early stage, it wasn't really game-breaking, so I don't see any problem with it being retained in classic RO. I think it worked for trans classes as well, as long as they were under the job level cap.

However... a VAS stat reset serice... I don't think that should be fully implemented, at least not in the version of 20 stats changed per 90 days that we had during the last years of pre-renewal with no class restrictions. I suggest for now, no such service until trans classes are implemented, and then make it something like 10 points for non-trans classes and 20 points for trans classes per period.

#74 fasthands

fasthands

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 438 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 01:47 PM

are you kidding? they create new gear every week to be released in their next kafra boxes, who knew slotted mids were coming to valk for example?

also, im assuming (from what ive heard) that content on the pre renewal server will not be released all at once, so you will have trans classes released before diabolus is released, completely changing how you build multiple classes.

#75 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 01:54 PM

I like how the logic here for no stat resets is don't let them reset, make them leech it. What the heck is the point of that? Same result, less stupidity involved. People can actually enjoy playing their character at least for a little bit instead of just afking and getting levels.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users