Game Arena Dungeons - Your Feedback - Page 2 - Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Game Arena Dungeons - Your Feedback

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#26 kietaroh

kietaroh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:57 PM

the dungeon has become insane impossible now
it needs 2 be nerfed big time , both the mobs damage and the mute i think need 2 be cut in at least half (and mute removed)
hp goes down faster then i can heal and thats with a pro knight in +15 chiv set
plus it needs better match making for groups because my knight has been in dungeons with no cleric at all
its 2 hard now to the point its boarding impossible like a pt trying to get pas 1st room of prison just doesent happen because its not possible
when my whole pt has the best gear possible and still cant survive ...
thats when the dungeons just impossible
seriously
and the last boss waving a wand and BANG whole pt is dead insantly
that so needs 2 be fixed its beyond ridiculous
halls of oblivion has become a complete impossible nightmare
but when the most pro defence knight possible cant survive ... thats when something has 2 be fixed big time

Edited by kietaroh, 04 July 2012 - 11:12 PM.

#27 RagingHormones

RagingHormones

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 733 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:44 PM

Full honor gear cuts your defense by 48% in PvM settings, so for an alternative i suggest your knight or party use reinforced gear or until you can get brave gear or courage gear from the valor shop. I've seen mages tank more damage in valor gear than a champ/knight with full chiv gear so yes, it does make a difference.

I agree with making one cleric a requirement though, it's impossible to clear an instance without one and while buff pots might cut it, heals are still very necessary. I'd also like to play a hard mode as Phish suggested, would be awesome to get a chance at an epic and have a bit of fun along the way. And to do it without HP food/pots? Challenge accepted.

#28 Cloudius

Cloudius

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 July 2012 - 02:40 AM

The only thing I dislike in the new difficulty is that single target characters, i.e. Scouts in particular, became less useful again in this dungeons and pvm instances whereas before and I hate how useless cloaking has become.

Edited by Cloudius, 05 July 2012 - 04:01 AM.

#29 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 05 July 2012 - 07:15 AM

Valor gear definitely makes a difference which, since these are dungeons and PVM, I guess the system is working.

The 2 sub bosses have the HP glitch that I think the devs are aware of and it should be fixed.

The dungeons should be difficult at 200-220 and I think they are fun. For a challenge try doing them without a cleric and a lower level character without all +15 gear.

I think the cleric rule should be implemented back for the dungeons, the queue might be a longer wait time though and people need to deal with that.

Please make puri pots able to be used in dungeons. I think a IM party puri is definitely in order for the dungeons and GA since stuns, mutes and sleeps have become such a huge part of this game.

Ranged classes are great in the dungeon for picking off the mobs that are ranged. Bourgs with their aoe work great and scouts do their part too. The problem is that everyone plays the dungeons differently and all have the best idea on how to play, so working as a team sometimes falls away. If you continuously play with a group of 4 that work well together you have a huge advantage no matter what classes are in it. But as we have all found some classes and combination of classes are more desireable than others.

#30 kietaroh

kietaroh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 03:54 AM

at the current difficulty of the dungeons they should be 8 - 10 person dungeons i think instead of 4 person

#31 tENLAVUU

tENLAVUU

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1757 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 July 2012 - 07:11 AM

I like that idea of giving a time limit to complete the quest and increasing the rewards to make it more difficult. As of now, putting the bosses all the way in the back only adds a few more minutes to completing the dungeon. A good party of 4 can easily repeat the quest over and over without any problems.

#32 OtelDouDou

OtelDouDou

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 04:01 PM

I have encountered a bug yesterday. When you enter the boss room at stage 2, the portal is already there before you kill the boss, but doesn't work. Then on the last room, you get 2 kings / queens (and that's a real challenge !). The 2 first times, we managed to kill them both, struggling, but surviving. The third time, I (the cleric) died, so did the 2 other members. Then, we respawned on the 1 stage, and had to cross, again, the whole dungeon... Has this happened to anyone?

Except this, I agree, it has become a true challenge ! Especially when you get 2 kings / queen on the last room (1 is hard to kill, but with 2... lots of fun !)

#33 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 08 July 2012 - 05:18 PM

Let you know what I think soon as I can get a good group together and run it through a few times

#34 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 09 July 2012 - 12:28 PM

I have encountered a bug yesterday. When you enter the boss room at stage 2, the portal is already there before you kill the boss, but doesn't work. Then on the last room, you get 2 kings / queens (and that's a real challenge !). The 2 first times, we managed to kill them both, struggling, but surviving. The third time, I (the cleric) died, so did the 2 other members. Then, we respawned on the 1 stage, and had to cross, again, the whole dungeon... Has this happened to anyone?

Thanks, this has been corrected for the next patch, along with a fix for the death glitch which occurred when using a portal, and some other bugs that relate to Halls of Oblivion.

#35 OtelDouDou

OtelDouDou

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 04:06 PM

Thank you :) Even if 2 kings was cool !

Just one comment, it seems the death glitch does not happen only when you die when going through a portal, but also if you click really quickly after dying on the respawn button...

#36 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 10 July 2012 - 04:43 PM

Hard mode is harder....but not impossible. The drops are still the same except you all get something...we got armory crate (1), Jewel chest V (2), lisent U (5) and lisent U (5). Seems kind of lame for drops after doing the hard mode, even though the king (I think this is true for both easy and hard mode) does have a chance to drop an epic, I am sure it is a very rare chance. And especially if only once a day. There seems to be more minions and with a 15 minute timer you have to move along, but it is doable with a good party. We are all max level with good PVM gear.

For the easy mode dungeons...the minions really need to drop stuff. There is no reason to kill them at this point so people still run through rooms if they can. If they dropped stuff, and I mean decent stuff, then people would fight their way through and the dungeons would be more interesting. Not every single one needs to drop items but some would be great.

Edited by Bendersmom, 10 July 2012 - 04:46 PM.

#37 kietaroh

kietaroh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 09:54 AM

after todays patch, it has got so bad to the point that the mobs mute every second or 2
now the clerics stay muted non stop and even if they r as far from the normal mobs as possible . still non stop mute
alot of clerics r upset at this and i dont blame them , whats the point of doing a dungeon when they cant do anything but stand mute 99% of the time
that really needs a hot fix asap

#38 ronaldFR

ronaldFR

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 07:50 AM

I would like to ask why my group can't queue the Halls of Oblivion? We are level 140-170 range and the formation is Cleric, Knight, Mage, Scout. This formation is not good enough to queue the game as 4 people? Or if there are constraints about the members of the group, please post it.

#39 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 July 2012 - 12:42 PM

The system is not set up I think to just take a full group of 4 right in if there is a partial group still waiting. If there are like 3 people signed up before you you have to wait until they get 1 more and go in before it accepts your group of 4. I think that should be changed and unfortunately right now people log in a different character to log in to that group of 3, start the dungeon going but then leave the group and dungeon. But that starts their group and dungeon so that is what they do. Unfortunately that leaves a group of 3 in one dungeon. That is especially bad if the one that left was the cleric for the group. Maybe Genesis can tell us if that is the way it works, but from what I have seen it is.

#40 OtelDouDou

OtelDouDou

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:57 PM

Did not know there were a Oblivion temple for lvl 140 to 170 :p_idea:

Anyway, agreed on the mute complaint, especially on the second boss. As a cleric, I don't bother going nearby anymore. I just stand in a corner, and the party members hit the boss and come to me for heal / purify. The last boss is great, he inflicts high damage, burns people, but fun to kill. Against mute, you just can't do anything...

#41 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 15 July 2012 - 02:12 AM

A new glitch since the introduction of the hard mode is that when we go through the portals after defeating a boss the HP part of the buffs disappears. I have not tried normal mode to see if it happens there as well but it happens to the whole party in Hard mode. I even made sure to buff HP/MP just before we went through the portal and once all 4 players come through the HP part goes away on all of us. This is not the same as the buff glitch we have been complaining about for months, this is something new.

Also, the buffs disappearing glitch that we have all been complaining about for months is especially important in dungeons. It is so hard to figure out who has buffs and what buffs and the the players are constantly saying I don't have buffs, and I am constantly rebuffing and in Hard mode that is difficult. Please work on that buff glitch. It happens all over the game, not just in arenas and dungeons and is really effecting game play.

#42 Aciart

Aciart

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:00 PM

Since what you receive at the end of dungeons is based on a percentile and you are not always guaranteed a drop; what if you increased the Valor Points received from completing the hard mode for Oblivion temple to 100, up from the 50 in a regular one? I think it would be all the more incentive to get a party together for hard mode, and even more satisfying knowning that if you don't get something you will at least get that 50 extra Valor points.

#43 Nelko

Nelko

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • LocationPhilippines, Earth

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:52 AM

Game Arena issues [after v434]

Seeing as this thread hasn't seen activity in weeks, I hope I'm not breaking any rules by posting here. It just didn't seem right to create yet another thread about Game Arena issues after having made one just a couple of days before. But I am also hoping that by posting further issues here won't increase it's chances of being overlooked.

A few issues have crept up since the implementation of patch v434, quite possibly after receiving some feedback recently submitted. Now what I'll be listing here may or may not be issues, as the train of thought or mindset or the objectives behind these changes is/are unclear to me. These are what we've gathered so far:

Spoiler

We are sure, however, that the following certainly is a bug:
  • The Halls of Oblivion Exalted instance will not automatically eject a group after successful completion. You can remain in it indefinitely. [verified]
I've exhausted my Dungeon raids for today, and I'm unable to make further verifications. I hope other PvMers can help me in that department.

Thanks for reading.

#44 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 05:24 AM

Wisps still appear above the gate while traveling through and are difficult to retaliate against.

This issue is on our bug tracker waiting for an adjustment to the map so that monsters can't run over tall objects.

There are now 2 Fragments at certain points in the game, while other points have 3 Fragments. As each Fragment gives more time after being destroyed, this stunts the possible bonus time total for the raid group to clear the dungeon.

The two Fragments which were removed actually make it easier to get to the boss before the time runs out. From the feedback I got while playing through, there were too many Fragments which both made parts of the dungeon feel monotonous, and made it more difficult to reach Talratha with a reasonable amount of time remaining.

Fallen Judge Talratha is able to cast in quick succession, and quite frequently, the summoning of his Judgement Blades. He can fill the entire chasm with them before the first set of Blades can cast their AOE skill, and even those near the bridge leading to the chasm are faced with 2-3 Blades.

A minor change has been made to the sword's spawning frequency which should be applied next patch to address this. The swords are supposed to spawn fairly frequently, but they are currently spawning a little too fast. If you are having issues with being overrun with swords, I would recommend coming up with a strategy to move around the room as a tight group so that the swords spawn in a localized area, instead of being spread out and causing the swords to spawn all over the place.

The Halls of Oblivion Exalted instance will not automatically eject a group after successful completion. You can remain in it indefinitely.

It is intentional that groups are not kicked out of any dungeon once cleared to account for reviving team members, picking up drops and completing remaining objectives (where appropriate). To leave a dungeon, either Leave or Disband the group.

Thanks for the feedback, keep it up!

Edited by Genesis, 18 August 2012 - 05:26 AM.

#45 Nelko

Nelko

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • LocationPhilippines, Earth

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:47 PM

From the feedback I got while playing through, there were too many Fragments which both made parts of the dungeon feel monotonous, and made it more difficult to reach Talratha with a reasonable amount of time remaining.

I wonder what happened during your raid that highlighted the spire Fragments as a monotonous affair. Except for a few noteworthy (albeit unsavory) raids, destroying those Fragments would come out more as a chore, especially to those that completely depend on a specific Archetype to get the job done. It's not monotonous at all. Everyone had to be extra careful including the Archetype, and they were much easier to destroy prior to v434.

After v434, however, they are slightly more difficult to address now. And everyone who aids in destroying the Fragment gets a piece of its wrath -- in the way of 5 assorted Wisps with an innate ability to cast in quick succession a short range AOE skill.

I have a hunch as to why this change was applied, but it is purely a hunch. For one, I would agree to the change regardless if my hunch is correct. I just don't agree that instead of 24 additional minutes as potential raid time, we now have 20 minutes, and for certain raid groups that haven't been pre-assembled with specific classes, it may take more than 2 minutes to destroy one of the new 'come feel my wrath' Fragments.

But as the objectives of the change are unclear to me, I suppose it would be better that someone from development -- or perhaps the entire development team -- find the time to raid Sea of Dawn in an assorted raid group to see if what they needed to address indeed was and that the raid can still be cleared even by a team of their skill level.

A minor change has been made to the sword's spawning frequency which should be applied next patch to address this. The swords are supposed to spawn fairly frequently, but they are currently spawning a little too fast. If you are having issues with being overrun with swords, I would recommend coming up with a strategy to move around the room as a tight group so that the swords spawn in a localized area, instead of being spread out and causing the swords to spawn all over the place.

The strategy would work only if the team had a sufficient amount of movement speed, prior to the change you plan to apply. And even then, it would require that the raid group had breezed through the Fragments, the Wisps, and the Wrealiths like a typhoon with monsoon and La Niña strength, so as to give them the additional time to employ hit and run tactics -- quite possibly more running than hitting. Valor PvM armor does not provide movement speed in any way, and crafted ones of specific substats to provide this are not only substantially more expensive, but they also come short of 4% in PvM bonuses.

Another issue now is that with v434, certain classes are no longer desired as groupmates and are asked to leave or are kicked, and this change has made the raid more exclusive to the richer, and quite possibly the elite bracket, who still get away with raiding a purely PvM map donned in specifically fine-tuned PvP gear. True, such a phenomenon has little effect to those who've taken the time and effort to invest in PvM armor of their own when PvPers breeze through with lesser difficulty that a PvMer does. But when the PvP donned PC gets loud and bossy during a raid...

Are there any plans to augment the bonus values of each gear to magnify their exclusive use in PvP and PvM appropriately? The negative bonuses seem to not feel as much as a detriment to their efficiency, so perhaps doubling them would better emphasize what you should and should not do with such gear.

Again, thank you for reading. And thank you for your reply.

#46 Swan1990

Swan1990

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 06 September 2012 - 02:45 PM

Raiders with boosters, cloak and buff pots can do the whole cave in a matter of minutes without the help of anyone else. They only need the 4 people to form the group and get in. A lot of people have been complaining of getting in the queue just to enter the cave and and be booted from the party. Then when the king is killed they get nothing.

And the asped of the spiders doesn't have to be lowered. You are supposed to kill them on the way through. This is not supposed to be a cake walk to the bosses, you are supposed to fight and work for the rewards. Hopefully they will give some drops to the spiders so it is worthwhile killing them other than to just clear the way.

this may be true BUT.. they should increase the time to be able to play it that way and ur pretty much screwed if u dont have someone with aoe.

#47 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:10 AM

I really enjoy the dungeons, I just wish we could go in more than once a day, without being premium. I can do CD as many times as I want, why should I be limited in how many times I can dungeon? Now that the bug was fixed, which let premiums take in non premiums as much as they wanted, I can't find a party to go in with. Plus, if I dc, or get booted, then my one attempt is used, and I have to wait till the next day to try again.

#48 cxzczxcasd

cxzczxcasd

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:23 AM

how to do dungeon no limit what should i buy from warpportal?? i want do dungeon full day. but i think i need to buy something just to do that.

#49 claw68

claw68

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 866 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:52 AM

here, follow the link

http://www.playroseo...de/premium.aspx

#50 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:54 AM

Or, you can buy an item from the valor shop, which will restore some of your energy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users