no sl = no fun niche builds - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

no sl = no fun niche builds

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
66 replies to this topic

#26 SIut

SIut

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 11:54 AM

why would i make a thread complaining that we wouldn't have all of the fun niche builds if i didn't already know they weren't implementing soul linkers.

#27 SIut

SIut

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 11:57 AM

MY CASE: THIS GAME IS FUNNER AND MORE BALANCED WITH SOUL LINKERS AND SO THEY SHOULD BE IN AT LAUNCH.

YOUR CASE: HEIMDALLR ALREADY SAID HE WASNT IMPLEMENTING SOUL LINKERS (NO -_- -_- LOL)

#28 Aaronnn

Aaronnn

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 752 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 24 June 2012 - 12:18 PM

you're a retarded retard.

Edited by Aaronnn, 24 June 2012 - 12:18 PM.

#29 SIut

SIut

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 12:25 PM

what the-_- is with you nerds and editing your posts, this is a ragnarok online forum just post your -_- and move on

edit: had to

Edited by SIut, 24 June 2012 - 12:26 PM.

#30 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA
  • Server:Chaos, Classic

Posted 24 June 2012 - 12:29 PM

Same applies to you: deal with soul linkers not coming out until after trans... and MOVE ON. :)

#31 saviourimpulse

saviourimpulse

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 168 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 June 2012 - 12:57 PM

Guy's definitely got an attitude problem~

#32 meoryou2

meoryou2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1176 posts
  • LocationAFK in Ymir pront
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 24 June 2012 - 01:08 PM

I don't think this is a troll thread but more of a badly written opinion thread. I've thought exactly the same thing and I think having expanded classes during non trans would be interesting when it comes to enchancing their abilities. However, without trans abilities to kill them, linkers are annoying to kill, TKs/TKM could actually kill (not bad I guess), Gun Slingers would wipe out guilds with desperado, Ninja magic would do a ton of damage. In the end they're just too overpowered to be implemented and if you're going to add one class you gotta add the others.

Yeah, support linkers are SO hard to kill <.< OMFG he kaahied.... derp no we can't send in a *gasp* ASPD sin and just eat the crap out of his SP herpa derp.... tumbling will just eat it faster... just in case you were gonna mention that too :)
Why don't we disable cloaking too, after all no one is going to have MP gears and that's just too "OP" wah wah wah....

Guess I'll feed bad troll a bit.

Lrn2play. extended, including TKM kid, super OP compared to non-trans.
You don't understand the game enough to understand why they should not be present in a trans-free server?
TK kid recaller alone is enough.
Please pick something you understand before you recommend it be changed.
And yes, your presence makes our RO forums' moron tally go up by one.

Take your own advice and actually read what is written. a LOT of people want support soul linkers but NOT TKM / slinger / ninja in because it's the only damn class that can make some classes FUN.

and i though I WAS ret­arded

just look at this thread :heh:

Don't worry, you still are :)

#33 meoryou2

meoryou2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1176 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 01:14 PM

Same applies to you: deal with soul linkers not coming out until after trans... and MOVE ON. :)

Ok, fine. Warpportal won't like it though. I can just give them the finger ( what they are doing to me, I want a FUN build not the exact same crap I made in beta up to now) and take my disposable income - that I have been paying for the last what 8-10 years? - and find a nice stable pserver with a higher population ( believe it or not they do exist, and some are run better than the official RO ) and donate my money to them instead. Think that would make Heim and CO. happy?

#34 fasthands

fasthands

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 438 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 01:16 PM

no, extended do not fit in to pre trans at all.

#35 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA

You can do with your money as you like, however the OP was pretty immature in the approach. It wouldn't be pre-renewal from the start if we had access to anubis, nameless island, extended, and all that.

Now if you wanna argue that and where you want to spend your money, by all means go on ahead what you do with your money isn't my business. But don't make it sound like your money alone pays the bills.

#36 Tolrin

Tolrin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Theres quite a few people posting in this thread telling the OP information that he is clearly aware of. You are not contributing to the thread by saying that the GMs have said they won't be available when it is that statement which the thread is arguing against.

If you don't have something constructive to add to the thread, why not refrain from posting at all? For those of you arguing that soul linkers are somehow super overpowered, how many of you have even participated in pre-trans PvP with soul linkers available? As far as I know, there has only been one time on iRO that this has been available, during the few pre-trans event sieges that they had a couple years back just before renewal came in. I can say definitively that while ninjas had a huge impact on the balance of those sieges, soul linkers and TKMs did not. Keep in mind that the TK Kid classes are a much different design than the other extended classes, and are not especially effective in an offense role, but more useful as supports in PvP.

This thread is clearly simply a statement of discontent with the proposal to delay the release of soul linkers until after rebirth is available, and although the OP is not well composed, it is not so difficult to read that this should be hard to understand.

Edited by Tolrin, 24 June 2012 - 01:19 PM.

#37 fasthands

fasthands

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 438 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 01:21 PM

i feel that if 1 extended class is released they all should be released, and because of this i'm against it.

Edited by fasthands, 24 June 2012 - 01:21 PM.

#38 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 01:50 PM

They should just remove all god item drops on the server and replace it with something else, remove the whole system entirely.

#39 Aaronnn

Aaronnn

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 752 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 24 June 2012 - 01:52 PM

They should just remove all god item drops on the server and replace it with something else, remove the whole system entirely.

Wrong thread?

#40 Ramen

Ramen

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1990 posts
  • LocationEientei
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 June 2012 - 01:56 PM

remove eske (literally just do not let people skill it) and remove the tkm job change npc and everything will be fine. sl will become pure support without the ability to abuse reflect mechanics or become TKMs and just heat leech

without soul linkers, we have no:

fsk/rogue link (aka rogues pot like wizards and have no mobility)
no sin link (and no edp, so get ready to instantly ignore any sins you might see because they will literally do 0 damage)
no bad 99 int/dex priests running around holy lighting -_- (instead they'll just get stunned and -_-canned)
no aar/aid zerk
performers slow as -_-/no more using other class songs
no melee sages (no more watching in childlike wonder while hails of bolts rain down)
no kaupe/kaite/no wiz link (kinda balances out i guess)

and most importantly: no shield boom

still don't want soul linkers? sell sl scrolls for kafra funbucks and we'll call it even

I'm not going to read through the rest of the thread, but I'd like to address some of the things you mention here.

1)Rogue Link. I'm not sure what your expectation is, but on the new server we'd be doing good to have ANY slim whites in WoE before the first year I imagine. Rogue link only effects slim whites. Also, Rogues do NOT get stealth, so whether they were soul linked or not, their mobility would still be crap. Additionally, Rogues do not have Preserve, so that's another function of their soul link that is useless pre-trans.

2)Sin Link. I'm pretty sure sins will get along just fine without their link. As you pointed out, they don't have EDP, but that doesn't stop them from performing their role as killers. Are they going to kill some fully decked Tank built Crusader? Probably not, but that's why you work as a team. Also, I'm sure sins would have an easy enough time taking out squishier classes like archer and mage types.

3)Priest Link. I don't see the problem here. I'd rather have Priests doing what they're supposed to do in WoE, which is support, not kill.

4)AAR/Aid Berserk. I really don't see the problem here. Do you take issue with the fact that people will be more required to work as a team instead of just doing everything on their own?

5)Performers. Again, I don't really see this as THAT big of a deal.

6)Sages. There will be melee sages. There were Hindsight sages before Soul Linkers were even on the drawing board. I don't see why people wouldn't make them if that's the kind of thing they like.

7)Wiz Link.....? It's not THAT spectacular. Just about the only skill they would use somewhat regularly that requires a gemstone is Safety Wall, and even then, I don't know many Wizards that get that.

8)Shield Boom. It'll be a little weaker....? I'm not sure what the big deal is with this. Pre-renewal Saders seem to have been designed to be the "tank" class, so I don't see why you'd complain about not being able to kill well.

As for extended classes being included right off the bat on the pre-renewal server; it would be a really bad idea. Ninjas alone were strong enough to be able to compete with Trans classes, and could completely floor ANY non trans. It wouldn't make any sense at all to include them up front.

why would i make a thread complaining that we wouldn't have all of the fun niche builds if i didn't already know they weren't implementing soul linkers.

P.S. All of those "fun niche builds" existed BEFORE Soul Linkers even existed. That's why they're called "fun niche builds".

Edited by Ramen, 24 June 2012 - 01:59 PM.

#41 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 02:00 PM

Wrong thread?

This is what I get for having multiple tabs open LUL

#42 Unifan

Unifan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 711 posts
  • Server:Private Server

Posted 24 June 2012 - 02:11 PM

even we have 1, good luck lvling it.

#43 SIut

SIut

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 02:54 PM

you guys are stupid heim already said soul linkers weren't going in at launch

learn to read you illiterate dip-_-s

[mod]Oda: User has been banned for this post[/mod]

#44 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA

Posted 24 June 2012 - 02:59 PM

I can tell you're gonna last long here... :D

#45 meoryou2

meoryou2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1176 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 05:38 PM

P.S. All of those "fun niche builds" existed BEFORE Soul Linkers even existed. That's why they're called "fun niche builds".

Yeah, right... I won't say there were NO HS / battle sages pre-linker, but there sure weren't any notable ones and you might see _one_ in a year of wandering the game, there where a few masochistic idiots on the chaos. The same kind of person that builds a battle wizard would go battle sage. While we had a few battle wizzies around ( read 2-3 that I know of between ALL the servers ) it was considered 1: stupid and 2: slow as all hell to level since the only really decent weapon dropped from bio3 - dagger of counter.

TL;DR version: _IF_ anyone bothers to make a battle sage it won't be 99'd without some kind of event.

#46 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 05:43 PM

Just leech it like every other annoying to level build. I think I'll just wait for bots to flood the server with zeny and TKMs. You're all reminding me how crappy grinding is rofl.

#47 Maux

Maux

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 247 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 24 June 2012 - 05:56 PM

I would be cool if they added only soul linkers, as they would not affect the balance so much as if they added all extended classes.
But I don't think they would make ONE extended class available and the others would have to wait until after trans.
So I would rather not sit and cry about this, and just move on.

#48 BoingBoing

BoingBoing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 05:57 PM

Not only sl, 2-2 shouldn't be in either. Only 2-1 should be in from the start.

#49 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 24 June 2012 - 05:57 PM

i still say just make extendeds unable to woe until after trans... no reason they cant play the damn game too other than the woe issue... personally i want a ninja but couldnt give 2 -_-s about woe....

#50 MotherOneDog

MotherOneDog

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2093 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 24 June 2012 - 05:58 PM

OP sounds like that other kid "Free MajinTrue Akuma" but with better grammar.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users